Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Ancense Ruins > Homecoming | guild. p.
Isleen Amara

Character Info
Name: Isleen Amara Balatro
Alignment: CN
Race: Vampire-Lycan
Class: Rogue
Silver: 620
Isleen made herself painfully clear to Ethan that she would not be satisfied staying away from their family. Kiba and Nami, gods rest her soul, raised the wolf more than her birth parents. Kiba continued to love and support the girl even as she made decisions that were hard to comprehend, muchless accept. The wolf also desperately needed to reconnect with her sister. The pair were also quite different but they both had been Blessed prior to the void devouring their old world. The younger sibling needed to know that Teu remained her kind, healing self even after Raktor. Isleen was also cautiously optimistic about Teu’s children as well - especially since the hybrid was mildly jealous that she would likely never have children herself. So, when her mate told her that he knew both were alive and had a few ideas about where she might find them, the wolf knew she had to go search. Ethan offered to go with but Isleen declined. She knew he only said it to be supportive and selfishly, she wanted to leave him for once. They agreed upon being away for a week before he would go looking for her unless he received word prior.

The girl said goodbye to her lover and shifted to her rust colored wolf form to begin her journey. She had to get through the Virens Forest in order to get to the mountains that Kiba was thought to reside. She chose to begin her trek early in the morning to try to have as much sunlight peeking through the thick canopy as possible. While she loved the red oak trees, the echoing sounds made her uneasy. Isleen’s red fur glistened as she carefully ran forth, knowing only part of the way. Her gaze remained forward but her ears were alert. The wolf paused for a moment. Her nose perked up, nostrils flaring. There was water nearby. She took off running with more enthusiasm. Once upon the river, she drank with little regard to her surroundings. Isleen casually backed away once her thirst had been satisfied. She retreated back into the tree line for cover but used the river to guide her south.

The mountains came upon her quickly. Her eyes widened at the steep cliffs and draping ivy. She swallowed nervously but thought of her father and found the strength to continue. The red wolf carefully began climbing until she happened upon the ruins, missing the dragon horn entirely. Isleen huffed as she looked side to side, trying to figure out where she may have gone wrong. There had been an overall call for anyone that was interested to venture out but the girl wasn’t sure anyone would ever find them. Perhaps that’s the point, she mused. Then, something moved out of the corner of her eye. Her own grey gaze darted over as her posture shifted to be more defensive. She thought she smelled another wolf unless her nose was deceiving her. The hybrid watched more leaves rustle and decided to follow. What’s the worst that could happen? When she thought there might be a path, Isleen stopped and opted to shift back. Her human form in a simple tunic style periwinkle dress. Ideally, her hair would’ve been nicer and perhaps a smidge of makeup but this would have to do. Bare feet started forward again, wondering if she’d ever find her way.

I'm on the edge and I'm not alone.
Remember, this is what you asked for.

You want the worst that's inside us,
|| We'll bring the violence. ||
Kiba

Character Info
Name: Kiba Balatro
Alignment: TN
Race: Diowolf/Dragon Shade
Class: Champion - Protector Vitae
Silver: 5904
Calloused hand rubbed slow and hard on the back of the man’s own neck. It had not taken long for the diowolf to find himself once again working on documents of supply orders for the growing guild. Shifting his gaze from the stone ceiling down to his paper riddled desk brought back memories. DaeLuin. Many times he had to consciously push away the memories that plague him into bouts of nightmares of those long lost. Hope had died in him as time went by that he would see missing members of his family again. Many miracles had already happened that Kiba could not dare for anymore; though there were some he held onto in the corners of his mind. He knew he could not hold on too tightly for he would drive himself insane.

The diowolf clicked his tongue at himself to force away the nagging thoughts. He had to move forward, though he would never stop searching secretly. There was no way he would give up completely. Time crawled by as he went back to his paperwork. After a while another kink in his neck formed. Kiba groaned a little as he stretched arms up and backwards in an effort to relieve his muscles. ”I need to get out for a bit,” he mused to himself. Tapping a finger on the desk, he stood up to roll his shoulders.

-A new arrival has entered the forest. She did not stop at the cabin…she is being lured into the forest.- The diowolf turned his bi-colored gaze towards the dark corner of his large room where Duath was lingering. His familiar always managed to stay in the loop of what happened in surrounding areas. Though he came off aloof most of the time, he did care for whatever his bonded master was focused on. ”Than that will be my excuse for taking a run out of the hall. Thank you, my old friend.” Duath’s shadowed form melted into the rest of the darkness before leaving sight.

Kiba took in a breath before tapping the tip of his booted foot on the ground. He needed to move quickly before the Little Ones got the woman lost forever. Without further delay, Kiba moved swiftly out of his quarters and through the crumbled hall. Twists and turns became habit as he maneuvered to the front courtyard. It was there that he turned instantly into his giant black wolven form. The wolf shook out his hackles as he settled into his natural skin. Claws clicked on the stone courtyard as he became accustomed to the four legs once more.

A piercing howl erupted from deep within his chest as an announcement to the Little Ones that he was on his way, and for them to behave. Kiba thrust away from the hall in a burst of speed that few could match. The forest undergrowth grabbed at his thick pelt as he ran passed. A path had formed from all the extensive patrols he had run in the old ruins since their new occupation was taken up. He was familiar with much of the forest and the inhabitants that lived there. His focus was not on the Littles that attempted to keep up with his pace once again. One managed to cling to his fur for a time to enjoy a short ride before letting go to join his companions.

Little time was needed for him to make it down to the starting portion of the path. Kiba was thankful to see the female had not made it far into the forest. He prowled in the underbrush to get a good view of the newcomer. It was then that his paw hoovered over the ground as he froze mid-step from sheer disbelief. The diowolf focused his gaze hard on the woman, but there was no mistaking….she was Isleen. In an instant his giant wolf form broke through the brush to expose his form to his daughter. Giant wolf maw hung open as he had no ability to speak a single word.

After a few moments, Kiba shifted to his human form. Large steps were taken for him to wrap her tightly in a hug that the father deemed would never end. ”By the gods. By the moons. You are here. You are here.” Over and over again he spoke these sentences as if they were going to keep her there in his grasp. Head turned slightly to allow him to inhale her scent deeply. Isleen was there in Revaliir. She was alive. She was alive.

Isleen Amara

Character Info
She paused to feel the earth beneath her feet. She wiggled her toes, pulling a few blades of grass. A pleased expression relaxed upon her features. She cared little for fire, air, and light. She did not care for spiritual guidance from angels or the gods. Her heart needed water, dirt, and night to be happy. As much as she did not care for where she and Ethan were currently living, she could not deny the beauty of dusk and dawn on the water. Isleen probably should have shared her thoughts on it with Ethan to be supportive and show she was not completely miserable. However, there were plans in motion to move anyway. The girl had never been to Kurayo and was a little nervous to be on an island. The idea of being completely surrounded by water, meaning there was no exit to the rest of the land, made her anxious.However, Isleen knew she needed to trust him.

Isleen flinched at the sudden howl. She dropped down to a crouched position. Her fingertips brushed the ground but she did not pull in magic. The glow on her skin would give her away. The idea of shifting again did not sound appealing either. The girl had not attempted back to back transitions like that in years. It likely would have left her tired more than anything. She draped her left hand over her hip, knowing a vial of liquid sun remained hidden there. It would not harm but it could distract long enough for her to cast something offensive.

The wolf inhaled deeply, her lungs and gut expanding totally. She exhaled slowly to be as quiet as possible while still analyzing the scents. Isleen’s head tilted slightly. Her nostrils flared quickly, taking in shorter breaths. Suddenly her heart quickened and she rose to her feet. A mix of anxiety and fear filled her belly as she began walking quickly. Her gaze darted around, scanning for any indication of movement. Finally, she crossed paths with a large black wolf. Isleen stopped immediately, paralyzed by the possibility of what she could not yet allow herself to believe. Then she spotted his crescent moon marking. “ Papa,” she stammered. She could see the recognition in his eyes too.

It did not take long for diowolfs to shift between forms but it felt like an eternity. She bounced on the balls of her feet restlessly and shaking her hands at her sides. It was taking everything in her not to shift back in that moment. Isleen’s wolf needed to brush up against him and feel his muzzle on her shoulder. The girl couldn’t stop the whine from escaping her throat. Finally, Kiba took his human form and wrapped his arms around her. Isleen’s arms went around his waist and up his back, holding him tightly against her form. Her knees gave out but it did not matter. Her body racked with sobs of relief. “I found you,” she cried. “It’s really you.” She nuzzled him back, wanting to bathe in the scent of her father. The child found the strength to stand on her own but would not let him go first.

Kiba

Character Info
Name: Kiba Balatro
Alignment: TN
Race: Diowolf/Dragon Shade
Class: Champion - Protector Vitae
Silver: 5904
She called out for him. The father could feel his heart breaking and mending repeatedly in his chest. He had looked for a long time for any sign of his daughter. Over and over again there had not been a whisper. To have hope that his whole family could make it to Revaliir had been more than he deserved. Kiba felt that he was to blame for the family’s losses. To hear Isleen’s voice again was more than he had imagined.

Both clung to the other while taking in the others’ scent. It truly was his little girl.  His Seer.

”My girl,” his voice quivered. The diowolf clenched his eyes tightly while gripping her even tighter, though he was careful not to cause pain. Her frame was still small. She had the curves of a woman now as time had passed. Kiba allowed his hand to pet through her hair to feel the softness. ”How did you find this place?” Reluctantly he pulled back a little to search her face for any sign of injury or trauma. He wanted to cry at the sheer sight and smell of his little one. No matter how old she got, Isleen would always be his little girl. No one would be able to convince him of otherwise.

The sound of small feet along dried leaves in the forest of the mountain around them. A light growl rippled from his chest at the Little Ones that had attempted to lead his daughter astray. Kiba’s mismatching eyes glared into the darkness as a warning for them never to mess with the woman again. ”Come; I am taking you up to the Hall. We can get something to eat and talk with no distractions.” The father refused to let go of his newly found daughter. He scooped her up in his arms to carry her with arms cradling her back as well as beneath her knees. Kiba smiled down at her. A warmth there reserved only for his two daughters. ”Hang on tightly. I am going to make this a quick trip.”

A low crouch of his legs allowed for a swift push off from the ground. He ran quickly through the mountain pass that eventually led up to the Hall. It was here that many of the members of Nosse were finding themselves at home. The courtyard was abandoned save for some dropped leaves that were swirling from the wind. Kiba was reluctant to put the woman down to walk on her own; it would mean less contact between them. Even still, the diowolf carefully placed the Seer’s feet on the ground though his arm remained around her waist. ”Welcome to Nosse. Your grandmother, Kythe and myself have been working on building it up. Come, my dear. I will take you to my quarters where we can talk.”

His eyes shone with sheer eagerness to share his world with her. To share anything with her. They walked through the crumbled hallways until they entered his rooms. He ushered her towards a plush couch that would hold them both comfortably. ”So, tell me daughter, how have you been? How did you come to Revaliir? How did you find me?” There was a small poke in the back of his mind that told him to slow down on his questions. For the first time in ages, there was a slight blush that colored his cheeks. He rubbed the back of his neck while attempting to bring some composure. ”Apologies….I am just rocked back on my heels that you are here.” A warm smile continued to grace his lips while looking at her. ”This is just amazing.”

Isleen Amara

Character Info
As much as she could not stand her mother for abandoning her, every day Isleen thanked the stars for the people who raised her. Nami explained to the girl the impossible decision her reckless mother had to make, but this explanation gave the child little comfort. She still did not understand and therefore could not begin to forgive. Meanwhile, no one explicitly spoke ill of her biological father; he was little more than a story whispered only when directly asked. Over the years she had figured out that her birth father had seemingly vanished a few years after her birth. There were conflicting reports on when he died and how, if the person even agreed that he was deceased. Regardless, Isleen knew, if she had been with Neveah, she would have missed out on the generosity and kindness of Nami and the strength and patience of Kiba. The girl would have been a completely different person without them - nevermind the sweet elf that adopted her as blood without hesitation and the broken vampire who allowed her to dance in darkness. The dark haired girl grew to be daddy’s girl immediately. There was something about him that immediately made her feel safe, like she’d never be alone.

In that moment, his arms pushed the broken pieces of her wall back in. She was still cracked but whole, imperfect but important. His hand petting her hair caused her sobs to quiet. The wolf slowed her breathing to match the slow rhythm. She sniffled as he pulled away to inspect her. She rubbed her cheeks and above her lip with the back of her hand. “Ethan thought I might find you here,” she replied with a bashful expression. She could not guess how that truth would cross her father. He and her mate had a tumultuous history. Would that over shadow the fact that Ethan was well and had been keeping an eye on the family at a distance? The vampire-diowolf had grown over the years.

Her ears perked at the sounds. The growl that vibrated against her caused her wolf to feel uneasy. “Friends of yours?” she questioned softly. A startled laugh erupted as he swiftly picked her up. Despite being an adult, the young woman was reminded of being a child again. Isleen was perfectly fine with that. She rested her head against his chest as she draped her arms around his neck to hold on. More giggles poured out like an endless waterfall as Kiba ran with her towards a nameless destination. Her gaze went to the horizon, squinting at the structure ahead. Her father placed her down gently once at the courtyard. Her eyes floated around as her nostrils began deciphering the different races that had passed by recently and other scents. As Kiba began explaining this new world, she could not help but stay on the fact he was referring to Kythe as her grandmother. The dragoness has helped guide the seer through her visions but this title felt new. Isleen wondered if something had occurred, not that it mattered.

Eventually Islen found themselves among a seating area. She took a seat on the couch and tucked her legs to the side, upon the cushion, still leaving him space. “The best I can gather is at some point between Daeluin and Revaliir, someone abducted me. They held me captive in a dungeon,” she broke his gaze to stare out into the future. It wasn’t easy to share this next part, much less with her father. “There was no interest in killing me. The goal had been to break me mentally and spiritually, I think. They… they stole my identity, stripped me of my name, with painful jolts of electricity when I showed anything more than submission.” Her legs tightened closer around her form while her inner wolf cowered back. “Eventually I was nothing and with that, I could be released unto the world again. The shackles released and I ran into oblivion.” Her gaze went back to her father’s pained expression with a semblance of a smile. “Ethan found me. I don’t know how or why but he did. In time, he shared that he vaguely knew the whereabouts of you and Teu so here I am. I planned to go to Mamlak next if you were not together.” The seer paused. “He sends his regards,” Isleen added with a coy smile, her posture softening.