Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Paintings of Mockery [Solo]
Kyra Tivares

Character Info
Name: Kyra Tivares
Alignment: CG
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard/Trickster/Dancer
Silver: 183
She got an idea. An awful idea. Kyra got a wonderful awful idea. She was going to prank Adeluna’s church for the Goddess Angela. Kyra stood up from her seat at the bar and left. Her plan was forming in her mind as she walked over to a friend’s house. Technically her friend’s place was both a shop and a house. Kyra entered the shop and slammed open the door. Her friend looked up from his work in surprise. Kyra’s friend was named Evan and he was an artist who sold paintings at his shop. The shop was downstairs and his living space was upstairs. Inside of the store was really cute. The counter was made of wood and had little paintings hung up at the middle front of the counter. Behind the counter was crates full of paint jars, paint brushes, and canvases. On the left of the shop was filled with finished paintings that Evan had clearly made and the same was on the right. At the front of the room were windows with signs in them to show that the store was open.

“Was it necessary to slam the door open?” Evan asked sitting behind the counter.

Kyra had a huge smile on her face and walked straight up to Evan. She pressed a large amount of silver into his hand.

“I want to buy all of your canvases and jars of paint.” Kyra said, “And I want to rent your upstair room to paint for this week.”

Evan had a surprised look on his face then began to count the silver that Kyra had given him. Then he looked up at her.

“And what are you up to now, Kyra?“ Evan asked with a curious expression.

“No questions can be asked. Do I have enough?“

Evan took the silver with a sigh.

“Yes. But I need you to swear that whatever you plan will not affect me negatively in the long run.“ He said

Kyra looked at her friend dead in the eye. “You will remain unknown and uninvolved in what I’m about to do.“

Even sighed. “One last question. Will I have an alive friend after you’ve done this?“

Kyra cocked her head slightly to the side and had a slight smile on her face. “Maybe.“

The answer seemed good enough for Evan. He stood up and put all of the silver into his box where he always put his money. Then he handed Kyra a little key and pointed to the stairs.

“Rooms all yours. Let me know when you need more paint. Clean up when you’re done.“ Kyra nodded and gathered up some paints and brushes.

Then she ran up the stairs and set up the first canvas to work. This was where her work would truly begin. She spent the rest of the day painting with only one break for food. Once she was done she had several paintings finished all of the same thing. Then she worked more and more until it was time to go to bed. Kyra slept on Evan’s bed. Evan had gotten himself several nights at the inn since he predicted that this would probably happen. Kyra woke up early in the morning and continued her work. She made as many paintings as possible and only allowed herself three breaks. One for breakfast, one for lunch, and one for dinner. The paintings that were dried were stacked up on top of each other. They were all large canvases having the same general image on it. Of course it was not an exact copy but it was similar enough to get the point. She worked all day and by the end of it had a lot of paintings. The next day went exactly the same. Kyra worked all day with only three breaks. For four more days she was like this. Non-stop. As though she was on an artistic mission that had to be fulfilled. On the last day she finished up her last painting and cleaned up the room. There were piles and piles of finished paintings all stacked upon one another. There were even some that had to be moved into the shop downstairs but they were covered with blankets so that nobody else but her would be able to see them. Kyra was almost ready. Evan entered the room and had a look at all of these paintings that she had made. He was very impressed. At least until he looked at what the painting actually was.

The painting was a mocking depiction of the Goddess Angela laying on the ground and her sister, Toya, bitch-slapping her across the face repeatedly. Behind them both was their eldest sister, Catherine who was holding up her hand to her face as though she was getting a headache from watching the both of them act this way. The background was of the battlefield and had an eighteen year old Phoenix Knight, Hiro, dramatically wailing about the falling of Angela. On the other side was a woman, Brenna, fighting off some of the enemy bugs. In the small corner was a little tan rabbit watching all of this. Underneath the painting there was some room left to show a small phrase painted in. -Our Glorious Saviors-. This image was one ever single painting that Kyra had made. The room was practically filled with nothing but paintings and this is what those paintings were. Kyra was mocking the Goddess and her siblings along with that event that had happened during the insect war at Endapano when Angela had received her temporary powers. The saviors phrase was meant to mock the fact that Revaliir is always being saved by the same people who act like children in a crises.

Evan was looking at Kyra in horror. “You do realize that Angela herself might kill you for doing this, right?“ Evan said.

Kyra stood up and gave Evan a mischievous smile. “I know. But I want to see the reaction on their faces when they all see this.“ Kyra said, “It will be fun.“

Evan shook his head then stopped and looked back up at Kyra. “They?“ He asked.

Kyra simply walked up to him and placed her finger on his lips in a shushing motion.

“Don't worry about it.“ Kyra said “Also I'll have all of this out by tomorrow.“

Evan sighed. “I do not want to know what you are up to now. I will be downstairs. Call me if you need something that is not trick related.“

Evan then headed downstairs. Kyra then got to work. Today was a holiday for most people that worship the Goddess Angela at her church. It was a great opportunity tonight. Kyra packed up all of the paintings into a cart, that she borrowed from Evan, until it was a tall stack. Then she stole…borrowed several large blankets from Evan and covered the stack on the cart so that nobody would see what she had when she travelled. Kyra then waited until it started to become evening. Everybody would be returning home tonight and there were few that would be staying at Angela's church for very long. Kyra headed out with the borrowed cart and went all the way over to the back of the church. She used her lock picking tools and opened the back door. Then she began to move all the paintings into the main hall of Angela's church. Soon there were hundreds of paintings inside the main hall. After that Kyra went and borrowed somebody's hammer and some nails. Then she sent the cart with the blankets back to Evan since they did not belong to her. Next, Kyra began to hang the large and many paintings all over the hall of Angela's church.

It was tough work but she was eventually able to cover every single part of the walls with these mocking paintings. Kyra then used her Mythic Polymorph spell to transform into a Gargoyle and fly up to the ceiling to hammer some paintings in there. By morning she was done. It was all exhausting work. She flew back down to the ground and went over to a small corner. There Kyra transformed into a tan little rabbit and took a nice lovely nap. She had lots of time to sleep since the doors only opened until evening. It was obvious that the priests of Angela did not expect that the paintings would be there. They opened up the doors to the public without even going into the main hall. Lots of worshipers poured into the main hall and were stunned to see the mocking paintings. The paintings were clear and there was no way to mistake their meaning. The worshipers then began to complain to Angela's priests who were equally horrified and confused.

Guards were called in to investigate this issue and discover the cause of all of these paintings. Kyra was still sleeping until the guards came in and started to shout. She was jolted awake and looked around to see what was going on. Luckily, Kyra was still in her rabbit form. However, she was now in the room with many guards who were searching for any sort of culprit to blame this on. Kyra needed to sneak out carefully. Since she had painted her rabbit form into the paintings, if she was spotted there was no doubt that she would be blamed. Kyra kept crouched to the floor and began to sneak underneath the chairs. The reaction on everybody’s faces was priceless. This is the whole reason why she did this. Just to see their reactions at what she had done. It was very entertaining and Kyra was pleased with herself. She was inches away from the exit now.

“Hey! Isn’t that the rabbit from the painting?“ Somebody shouted out.

Kyra bolted out of the church and began to run down the street as some guards began to chase after her. She was still in her rabbit form so she was faster than the guards who had to carry heavy equipment along with their body weight. Kyra was lightweight as a rabbit and had four legs instead of one. Therefore she was faster. She ran underneath a cart then climbed up over a market stall, accidentally knocking the contents of the stall off as she slammed through them. Kyra leapt down before hands could grab her. She glanced behind her to see if the guards were still chasing her. There were more of them now and they were still after her. Kyra needed to get out of here now. She turned the corner and bolted down the alleyway. There was a wooden wall fence like structure that had a small hole on the left. Kyra was able to squeeze through that hole since she was a small rabbit. On the other side she stood up and transformed into her regular form as a half elf. Kyra was now on the street continuing her run and snatched a bundle of food from some stall. Then she held out her hand and used some magic. She used a Gate Travel Spell to open up a portal to somewhere safe. On the other side Kyra would end up in the Highlands.