Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > To Find a Way [PR]
Shadowfang

Character Info
Name: Rynn Alzrahi
Alignment: CG
Race: Celestial Draconian
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 1051
It had taken Rynn and Gideon much long than they had originally planned to travel from the Vilpamolan peninsula to Adeluna.  Between being in a new world, and Rynn's lack of magic, it took a great deal of Gideon's aid to unseal Rynn's draconic wings.  Once they had been freed, though, the two made their way across the mountains with relative ease.  Finally, they found themselves at once of the many entrances to the grand Adeluna.  

"This reminds me of Uncle Rzek's kingdom," Rynn said, looking around at the vast intermingling of peoples going to and fro.  Her gaze turned to the castle in the distance, and for a brief moment she felt a longing to go visit it.  Maybe after we find Jace, we can come back and see if we're allowed entry.  "We should be careful not to get separated," she said, looking back at her partner.  The two made their way through the streets, which held an eclectic mix of shops and stalls.  Rynn made a mental note of a few in particular that she wanted to come back to visit once they were more situated.  "Hey, Gideon…I know we're in a rush to find Jace, but I think it might be a good idea to stay here for awhile.  At the worst, we can get a few odd jobs and gather real supplies.  At best, it seems like a large local hub…we might find some information about Jace, or maybe a fallen star I could use."  It's not exactly what I had expected, but it's amazing none the less.  Adeluna…

"First, we need to find an Inn to stay at.  We should have just enough for, at bare minimum, a single room."  Rynn said.  She had made a bad habit out of stating her plans aloud.  Many took this as her trying to force her leadership, but the reality was that Rynn simply remembered things better by stating them out loud.  "After that, we should take the time to make a list of supplies that could help us in the long run.  Lastly, would be securing funds to get those supplies.  Though to be fair, I'm not sure our talents would land us here…"  
Starchaser

Character Info
Name: Gideon Starchaser
Race: Half-Celestial
Class: Star Hunter
Silver: 12048
"Yeah, it's just about as big," Gideon agreed as he gazed up at the castle that could be seen over the top of the wall that encompassed the city. He followed Rynn through the gate and let out a low whistle at the hustle and bustle of the city. It had been a while since he had seen so many people in one place just going about their normal every day lives. 

"No kidding," he replied. "I wouldn't want to lose you here, I think we'd have a hard time finding each other again," he said almost nervously. He noticed they were getting some odd looks. Winged people did not seem to be common in these parts, and if they were, they were definitely not trusted. At least that was the impression Gideon was left with. He made sure to stay close to Rynn as they walked through the streets, casually perusing the stalls and vendors that lined the streets. There were some interesting places, and Gideon couldn't help but want to go and check out some of the places. However, he wanted to wait until he had some coin. He'd rather not walk in somewhere and want to get something only to find he didn't have the coin for it. When Rynn made the comment about staying a while and earning some money to better finance their travels, he nodded. 

"I think you are right. That would probably be the best thing to do. A big city like this will have plenty of work, I'm sure," he nodded. "We could find an inn for the time being, and then maybe look to find a less temporary residence once we have the money to do so," he said looking around. "A big city like this, I'm sure we'd be able to find a loft or something," he said thoughtfully. 

She sounded like she was making a battle strategy and he rolled his eyes slightly. "Rynn, I know what we need to do," he told her flatly. "We can cross those bridges as they come to us. For now, let's just focus on finding a place to stay," he insisted. 

They continued walking around until Gideon spotted a clean looking Inn and Tavern called the Winking Mermaid. "Let's try there. If its out of our price range, they might at least be able to recommend another place," he said. He stepped up to the painted door and pushed it open to go inside.

Shadowfang

Character Info
The Winking Mermaid seemed to be the largest inn and tavern on the docks.  A mix of sailors and travelers seemed to be in influx, and the sound of merriment could be heard as they approached.  "Hey Gideon.  You've noticed we're getting odd looks, right?  It should be fine, for the moment, but we should probably invest in some clothes big enough to hide our wings."  She let out a sigh, I hate not having access to my mana.  "Anyway.  If something should go wrong," she pointed out to the sea.  "We'll meet over the water.  If it takes longer than we can manage, follow the shoreline North and set up our usual camp."  

With preparations made, she lead the way into the Winking Mermaid.  As they entered, a group of sailors broke out into a horribly tuned song about drunken sailors.  Rynn tried to hide her disgust at the song, due to its wording and nature of just being to the point and vulgar.  She had nothing against the sailors nor the song itself, it just wasn't to her taste.  She made her way to the innkeeper's desk, and smiled.

"Hi, are there any rooms available?"  Rynn asked, putting her best smile on.

"Let's see here," the innkeeper said, opening her book.  "A couple?  We have a large single for two at a going rate of 10 silver per night, including two meals."  

Rynn blushed, "Oh no…how about two beds?"  

The innkeep looked, "We do have that, but the going rate is 12 silver per night, not including any meals."  

Rynn frowned.  The two had discussed their funding, and while they did have a heft sum of currency, it was completely worthless in this world.  We only have twenty silver left.  She let out a sigh.  "What about a small bed?  A single?"  

"The going rate for that is only six coins, including the the meal."  

"Can we prepay for two nights?"  Rynn asked, holding out the coins.

"Of course.  Name please?"  

It didn't take long for Rynn and Gideon to drop off their things in the room and head back out.  "Okay, so we need to find some work fast…" the draconian stated as they walked the streets. "Any ideas?"
Starchaser

Character Info
So they were temporarily forced to share a room with one bed. Gideon didn't mind this, but it was clear that Rynn was not thrilled with the arrangement based on her sudden zeal to find work. 

"Rynn!" he said grabbing her shoulders. "Look. You have got to calm down," he insisted. He released her shoulders. "We are not as bad off as all that," he insisted. He sighed, and rubbed his face. "We have a lot of money here. Maybe we can find someone who can value what we have and change it out," he suggested. He ran a hand through his blonde hair and sighed. 

He shook his head. "Never mind," he sighed. "Come on. Let's see if there is a job listing board or something nearby…"

Shadowfang

Character Info
Rynn blushed as Gideon grabbed her by the shoulders to calm her down.  "G-Gideon, I just…"  She looked away, and he released her shoulders.  "Look.  I'm sorry, it's just…"  She turned away, still blushing.  With a bare whisper, "Look…I'm just…not…really ready for this… With everything going on, I can't really say I'm prepared to…"  Her face started to redden more.  

"So!" she whipped around, clapping her hands.  "Job board!"  Rynn to Gideon's hand, and lead him through the streets into the heart of Adelune.  

It only took them half an hour to find a listing in the cross ways of a well worn street.  There were constant adjustments being made as people added and took listings down.  "Let's see here, then," Rynn hummed to herself, reading all of the listings out loud to Gideon.  "There's a farmhand on the outskirts."  She thought for a moment, and the image of her milking a cow gave her a shiver.  "Er, no.  Circus perfomer?"  Again, she took a moment to imagine herself holding a whip and chair, taming a lion.  "No.  Not really."  She moved to the side, and cleared her throat.  "Cook.  No.  Butcher.  Ew.  Flower girl…"  She shook her head.  "Nothing here really seems…appropriate."  She let out a deep sigh.  "Gideeeon…what about a tutor.  You're an idiot, but you're a smart idiot…"  She shook her head yet again.  "No, that won't work.  We barely know about this world."  To her left, a man walked up and posted a new flier.  

"What's this?  Paid bard training?" She looked back to Gideon.  "We do have a little experience with that…and we have plenty of stories we can spin…"
Starchaser

Character Info
Gideon looked over the board a couple different times. There were other things that stood out. "Rigging mate… carpenter, farm hand, courier…" he paused when Rynn tapped the newly posted flier. 

"Bards wanted for nightly entertainment at local tavern. Meals, room and board provided. Looking for an individual or individuals who can sing, play an instrument or orate with skill and entertain patrons. Temporary or long term. If interested, please apply to D'Artagnan Tallow during the even shifts at the Winking Mermaid," Gideon said as he looked at the listing. "Hey, that one is fortuitous. We are staying at the Winking Mermaid," Gideon commented. "And as long as we fill the position, they will pay for room and board," he said. He looked at Rynn. "How good's your voice? I don't think I've ever heard you play an instrument or sing," he commented. 

Shadowfang

Character Info
Rynn thought for a moment.  "Well, I've never learned how to play anything.  Mother and Father never really had the opportunity to teach me," she said, sighing.  "But as for singing, well…"  She smiled.  "Jace once told me that my singing could bring all the animals out of hiding.  I thought it was a compliment until he added that I would be a worthy princess if it weren't for my lousy personality and lack of any other useful talent."  She let out a soft sigh, but grinned again right after.  

"I'm probably a bit rusty, but I think I can manage something palatable.  But we're definitely not dressed the part.  We might have to invest in something nice…or at least borrow something," she said, looking Gideon over.  "And we're outright filthy, so baths all around."  She twirled around excitedly, "Yes.  We can do this…it'll work out in our favor no problem!"  Her silver blue eyes locked with Gideon's for a moment, and she smirked, "And maybe…if you're ever so lucky…you might even get hit on by a cute waitress, one's who's beauty surpasses even my own…"  She held the serious tone for a moment longer, and then snickered.  

"Jokes aside though, this is a good idea, though…"
Starchaser

Character Info
Gideon fought hard to keep from laughing out loud at her quoted description of her vocal talents and personality. He hid it behind a fist and a cough, though it might have appeared on his lips the smile that suggested he found it funnier than he was letting on. He hadn't had the pleasure of being at the Academy with Jace, but from his experiences with him on the battle field and his years of being with Rynn, he found it rather apt. 

"You'll be fine," he said with a smile once he had composed himself. "But you are right. The road does not look good on us," he agreed. "Let's at least go apply for the job and then we can see about getting a bath and some clothes," he said. His eyebrows shot upward at her comment, and he found himself rather taken aback. She made it sound like being flirted with by her was a gift she deigned to bestow on him. It actually rather hurt, but this he didn't let on. 

"Yeah, yeah, a great idea," he replied. "Come on, let's go back and see if we can find this D'Artagnan guy," he insisted. 

Shadowfang

Character Info
Rynn had completely missed Gideon's response to her singing, but did catch his response to the flirting.  "Oh please, Gideon…it was only a joke.  You know I'd skin any woman alive who got near you," she said, again in a joking tone.  Whether or not Gideon realized it or not, it wasn't far off from her true sentiment.  Honestly, she was fine with Gideon flirting, but that was it.  Anything past that, and Rynn wouldn't have it.  I'd definitely kill for you, Gideon…

The pair made their way back to the Winking Mermaid, wading through the next wave of sailors and tavern goers.  They found themselves standing once more before the same innkeep as before, who politely reintroduced herself.  Rynn mentally rolled her eyes, despite the fact the woman probably had seen another dozen or so patrons and didn't recall their faces perfectly.  

"Aaahh, yes…" Rynn said back.  "I do remember.  Um, we saw a flier posted over at a board.  Could we please speak with D'Artagnan?  About the bard position?"
Young Hero

Character Info
Name: D'Artagnan "Dart" Tallow
Alignment: TG
Race: Human- Turned Rosenite
Class: Tavern Boy turned Warrior
Silver: 1295
"Oh, that. Right," the barkeep nodded. "He just got here. I'll go and get him," she said as she turned and left the bar and disappeared into the back where the kitchen was likely to be. A few moments later she returned with a young man who looked to be about their age, tall and lanky, and seemingly all legs, with a deeply tanned face and surprisingly white hair despite his appearance of youth. He looked at the pair before giving them a friendly smile and offered a hand. 

"Dart Tallow," he said introducing himself. "Bella s-said you are h-here ab-bou-about the entertain-ner position?" he asked. Gideon took the man's hand and shook it warmly. 

"Uh yeah," he said. "I'm Gideon Starchaser, this is my companion Rynn Alzrahi," he said introducing the pair of them. Dart looked at Rynn and took her hand before lightly placing a kiss on the back of her hand. "N-nice to m-meet the pair of you," he said, his tongue working with a little difficulty around the words. "P-Please, c-come with me and we c-can discuss m-matters," he said, and motioned for the two of them to follow him.