Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > The Bible or the Gun[P,R]
Lokir

Character Info
Name: Lokir
Alignment: TG
Race: Werebear
Class: Heavy Knight
Silver: 0
The knight was settled in for the evening, he had rented a room upstairs for the night and was happy to stay in. His armoured and weapons were stashed in the room as well, so he had on plain clothing and no weapons, not that he needed them. His ability to create weapons of magic and his martial training meant that he was never, or at least rarely, defenceless in a fight should one break out. So far things were looking peaceful in the little tavern/inn, some patrons were playing cards and no one had shouted anything about cheating, yet, and everyone was keeping to themselves.

Lokir for his part was at a table off to one side with a goblet of wine and a plate of food before him. He was hungry and was enjoying the meal. He'd probably get a second plate after he was finished, hauling around and wearing a heavy suit of armour took a lot of energy no matter how in shape he was, or how inhuman he was really was.

It was helped by the barmaid being rather cute and not too young, probably just into her mid twenties, and she seemed to be attracted to him as well. But then again she could have been playing it up in the hopes he'd tip her better, and it was probably true, but he could hope at least. Lokir was of average height and overall he was averagely handsome, but his grey hair did stand out for someone of his age, and it was natural from birth not from stress. Even his magical weapons came out grey, which even found off, but such was the way of things and he went along with it. His hazel eyes scanned the room of the tavern for the moment as he scratched at the few days worth of beard on his face, still peaceful, he hoped it stayed like that.

Perhaps after he was finished eating he would see if the men playing cards would allow him to join. In all likely hood they would, to them he'd be another person to get silver out of. Lokir wasn't terrible at cards, but he was no master, he just liked playing and relied more on luck than any kind of skill to win. He didn't mind losing the coin either, easy come easy go, as they say. He'd earn more at some point he knew, whether from a hired job or, after he helped save someone they sometimes wanted to pay him somehow, either with coin or food or both. If all else failed, a trip to the wilds and a quick hunt in his other form would suffice, though it was an option he only used when all other options weren't available to him.

He sighed and continued to eat, passing remarks to the barmaid when she came to check on him and his meal and refill his goblet of mead.
Basselina

Character Info
Name: Basselina Rose
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Pffft
Silver: 396
“You are the one who wanted to come home,” Basselina eyed her little sister who had fiery red hair and pale skin much like herself. The only thing that differed was their eyes. That and Basselina had over a foot on her with huge muscles to boot.

“I didn’t think it would be this much an issue to get from port to port,” Calanthe sounded exhausted as they pushed open the tavern doors.

“Never assume things are going to be easy lass,” there was a chuckle from her lips as she took them up to the bar and dropped her gear. The axe she had was enough to rumble the small area they were in. It must have weighed a ton. Calanthe stared down at it before she gentle, very gently put her bag down. “Hardest alcohol you have for myself and… a cherry mead for the little one.”

The barkeep took a look at both of them. “Wouldn’t suppose it is going on your mother’s tab you two…”

“As always… If mother ever loses her fortune it will be because we’re a bunch of raging alcoholics.” Basselina gave a hefty laugh as Calanthe blushed and thanked him as the mead found its way to her. She was sipping on it when one of the other patrons came over.

“Why don’t you leave this bear of a woman and travel with us. We’ll keep you rather cozy,” his words made Calanthe almost choke on her drink. He was so straightforward it hurt! Basselina gave her sister a hard smack on the back as Calanthe practically spit it out with a cough.

“Leave her alone ya rat.” Basselina leaned back and looked at him. “Ya ain’t big enough to be making remarks like that.”

“You’re just a woman how threatening could you be?”

“Please don’t… You don’t want to—” Calanthe’s soft voice was cut off as Basselina grabbed the man and tossed him across the room. “…start a fight with Basse…” She took a deep sigh and gave the barkeep an apologetic look.

“THAT IS THREE TIMES THIS MONTH THAT ONE OF YOU HAVE WRECKED MY BAR!” The keep raised his voice.

“Don’t lump me in with those heathens. I’ll pay you back and not make you have to put it on Ma’s tab. Make sure my whiskey doesn’t spill Calanthe.” Basselina’s voice was serious as the man’s buddies came over and tried to fight her. Though honestly, it seemed a bit of a losing fight on their end. They weren’t built to fight Basselina. There were broken bones and blood.

Calanthe got up and bowed to the rest of the pub. “Please forgive my sister for interrupting you.”

“Don’t apologize for me!” Basselina yelled as she held one of the men up. “I’ll apologize when I’m done teaching these assholes some manners.” It was true Highlands style if Calanthe had ever seen it. She promptly sat down and watched in awe at Basselina basically break little men. One of the men Basselina couldn’t see was coming towards Calanthe even though she wasn’t paying attention.

Lokir

Character Info
Lokir glanced up when the doors to the tavern opened and the two women came in and both easily caught his attention. The one was a red headed woman, about five feet tall or so, hair long and paled of skin. She was very pretty, but it was her companion, another red haired woman that had Lokir's full attention now. She was taller than he was, muscular and clearly a warrior since the axe she dropped to the floor made the boards shake. Lokir wasn't overly fussy about what sex his partner was on any given night and looks only counted so far as well, but this woman, well, to say the least, he was having a hard keeping himself from staring at her. She was stunningly gorgeous in his eyes, he loved warrior women like her more so than any other kind of women.

He kept eating and managed to not be staring at her the whole time, but they weren't keeping themselves in a private conversation, and the barkeep knew them well it seemed. Mother? Ah, so they were sisters then? Interesting, well, at least that meant the possibility of the warrior having a mate was a little lower. Images and ideas ran through Lokir's mind and he blinked and looked away to focus on his meal before he got caught staring.

A little bit after and Lokir watched as a man got up and walked over to the sisters, oh, this could only be bad. The words he spoke, the way he spoke them to the smaller of the two women, Lokir knew this wasn't going to end well for him at least. Sure enough the warrior woman got up and tossed the man across the room easily enough. Lokir eyed her a little more as the barkeep yelled, she had thrown the man so easily, he didn't assume she was weak, hardly, but he sensed she wasn't as human as she looked. Not that that bothered him any, he liked a little mystery in the women he liked.

The fight was on and the man's friends tried to jump but in but the red headed warrior broke some bones and spilled some blood. Lokir couldn't help a grin as he watched, oh yes, he liked her indeed, but he didn't like the idea getting a bone broken himself by trying to approach her at the moment. The smaller of the two bowed to those that hadn't gotten involved and apologized for the interruption, to which Lokir nodded to.

However, he did see the man coming up behind Calanthe that Basse hadn't seen yet, he had sneaked around the place to get to the smaller woman, probably to try and force her sister to stop fighting. Well, that wouldn't do! And Lokir wouldn't be much of a knight if he didn't help the young lady.

He downed the rest of his mead and looked towards Calanthe and smiled before whipping the goblet in her direction. But it wasn't aimed for her, instead it caught the man behind her in the forehead and staggered him back and Lokir was up out of his seat. His intent was to get past Calanthe and disable the man behind her, however, since he had to pass by Calanthe, it didn't occur to him right away what that might look like if Basse turned around at that moment. What could it look like to her?

He was just stepping in close to Calanthe when it finally did click in his mind what it could look like, given that the man behind her was recovered and ready to face Lokir. The knight hoped the red headed warrior would realize what was going on, but what were the odds?
Basselina

Character Info
Calanthe was shocked by the goblet and instinctively she ducked, however, once she realized it wasn’t intended for her she calmed down just a bit. Her hand went to her heart as she caught a breath and looked at the man behind her. Once Lokir had come over to help her she knew that he wasn’t one of the men that Basselina was fighting… However…

Basselina whipped around and dropped the man she had like a wolf and glared in his direction. Her feet hit the floor with stomps so hard it shook the lighting as she grabbed him by the neck and slammed him into the bare wall. Her blood felt like it was on fire as her blue eyes glared into Lokir’s.

“BASSELINA!” Calanthe came up behind her and grabbed Basse’s arm. Though it looked almost like a child holding an adult. “He helped me. He is alright.” Basselina looked at her sister and it seemed like Calanthe’s gold eyes soothed her just a bit.

“Fine,” she huffed a bit as she dropped him. Not one to ever admit she was wrong without pouting about it Basselina grabbed Lokir by the scruff of his armor if there was ever such a thing. She pulled him up and set him on his feet. “Does this appease you?” The barbarian looked at her younger sister and Calanthe nodded. “Thank you for looking after Calanthe.”

Calanthe smiled up at Lokir and looked back at Basselina. “We’ll pay for your dinner and some ale… I’m Calanthe and this is my older sister Basselina.” With a grunt Basselina moved back to her stool and plopped down. “Don’t mind her… She doesn’t like it when she’s wrong.” Calanthe was gently as she took his arm and brought him over.

“Make it quick Calanthe… We gotta be on the road soon. Especially if you want to make it home for the damn festival you are so eager about.” Basselina muttered as she drained a mug.

The door creaked open and a man with long brown hair came in. He was built but not in the way Basse was. He also wore highly decorated paladin armor with the Mother’s sigil on the cloak. He looked around the room and paused. “I don’t even want to know Basse. I got that wagon for you to take you up north like you asked.”

Basselina looked back, “Why does it have to be me? What if it was Calanthe? What if that great Highland blood in her finally kicked in?”

“More like that Rose blood…” Ash scoffed a bit and Calanthe giggled towards him.

The barkeep spoke up, “Ash, would you please tell your mother to keep your siblings under control. This is the third time this month. First Furtuna. Second was Aelwen… and now Basselina.”

Ash smirked a bit. “You know damn well there ain’t a way to control my sisters. I gotta go, the plains are up in arms again and I gotta go calm them down. Word of advice, find someone to help get you through the pass. Things have been starting to act up a bit. Mother thinks something is coming so I would go ahead and listen to her warning if I was you. The downside is that the wagon won’t be ready until tomorrow so sit tight… and try not to destroy anything else. We’ve hit our quota for out of control siblings for the month.”

“Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out,” Basselina threw a flask at him from her bag. “That is so you don’t tell Mother it was me. Lie and say it was Furtuna or something.”

“Right… if she asks she will figure it out but I won’t say a word.” Ash chuckled and left them alone with Lokir again.

“We’re lucky Ash was even here. He’s probably the only one who could have talked someone into giving us a wagon if Bohar is bad.” Calanthe mused a bit and smiled up at Lokir. “We’re traveling to Sularia for the Spring Festival! It’s soon! Ash is my older brother by ten months.”

“Don’t know why we need a damn spring festival for a place that is hot all year round.” Basselina scoffed a bit. “Also need to find someone who will come with us up north. It must be bad enough since Ash asked me not to do it alone so I won’t take it as an insult.” Food got brought out to them and Basselina plopped meat onto Calanthe’s plate. “You need to get stronger. You are a stick… and you… Eat up.” Lokir must have had a feast in front of him compared to what both Basse and Calanthe had. “Consider it an apology for almost taking your head off earlier. My blood gets heated and often I don’t think straight if I sense danger.”

Lokir

Character Info
The feet stomping towards him was the only warning he got but it was enough. Lokir grunted when he was grabbed and slammed against the wall, his eyes met hers but his eyes were calm while Basse's were fire. Calanthe came over and stopped her sister however and Lokir was dropped to the ground, but then grabbed by his shirt and dragged up again. She was a strong one! His heart fluttered a little, he was really liking Basse more and more, he attitude didn't bother him at all.

”You're welcome.” Lokir replied to Basse when she thanked him for helping her sister, his attention then going back to said sister when she spoke of a meal and ale. Ya, he could go for more of both. She took his arm and led him over to the table and they sat. ”I am Lokir.” He introduced himself finally with a friendly smile as he looked between the two sisters again.

Festival? They were usually fun, though not always something that Lokir wanted to go to. The door opened and eyes turned towards it as a young man came in and addressed Basse, making Lokir hope that whoever this was wasn't a lover of any kind, then again, he was handsome as well, and Lokir didn't mind sharing. Highland? That made sense for Basse for sure, seemed she had most of it in the family compared to her sister. Rose blood though, that wasn't something Lokir was as familiar with, he knew the name but that was about it, and it was an important name. The barkeep spoke up, speaking to the young man and what he said put a small grin on Lokir's face, so, this new man was another sibling of theirs, good.

His spoke of finding someone to help them on the journey through the pass and Lokir instantly saw an opening to try and get closer to the stunning warrior woman who, if he said the wrong thing, could probably take his head off with his hands. But that made things more exciting! He looked back to Calanthe when she spoke to him, ah, they were heading that far North then? Interesting. Basse spoke again and his attention was back to her as food and drink were both brought over to them. He chuckled lightly at the end to her apology as he eyed the food. ”No apology needed, I'd have done the same for my sister given the circumstances.”

After a few moments of eating and drinking Lokir decided to make them an offer. ”You know, if you like, I can come with you up North for the journey.” He started, finished what he was eating and took a quick gulp of his mead. ”I'm a knight, so I have my own armour it's in my room at the moment. I usually travel around helping those in need, and, by the sound of it, you may need someone to come with you. It's been a while since I have needed to travel that far North, so it'll be good to see what has changed and what hasn't. I'm no mercenary though, I'm not asking for payment, merely to travel with you is all.” And try and get closer to Basse the whole time, or at least until she broke his nose at which he'd give up, maybe.
Basselina

Character Info
“Lokir is an interesting name!” Calanthe gave a smile.

Basselina looked him over for a few moments while he gave his proposal to them. She was sipping on alcohol and thinking on it. “I suppose if you can help keep Calanthe in one piece that would be good. Calanthe may have Highland blood but she wasn’t raised there like I was. She was raised by our mother mostly.”

Calanthe knew that most women typically had one man their entire life. “Our mother is really long-lived so all of our siblings either have different fathers or they are from her current husband. She was wayward for years… So many of our siblings only share traits from her.”

“Little bastards are a lot of trouble though… At least the likes of Furtuna. Furtuna is known as the Sky Queen. She has been ruling the skies with an airship fleet for the better part of five hundred years. She does it just to piss Mother off.” Basselina chuckled a bit. “Air Genasi tend to stay like young children for a long time before they snap out of it.”

Calanthe smirked a bit. “Furtuna will never snap out of it. She is invested in making the trading routes an utter hell. More like there’s no turning around at this point and not being a pirate. Other than that… We got a sibling out in Kurayo who works in a brothel there. Jessa is a succubus but she is so small…”

Basselina laughed a bit. “Don’t know how she doesn’t get snapped in two. Jessamyn is only this big.” Basselina held up a hand to show just how tall the four foot nine-inch sister was. “We have a lot of siblings so don’t be surprised if we run into them on the way up North to Sularia. It does mean we have to go through the desert to reach it though… I imagine that part will be the worst for us.”

Calanthe made a face. “The heat gets so unbearable… I have to cover myself up because I burn so easily in the sun. However, the oasis is better once you get to it. I hope a lot of our siblings are coming home!”

Basselina threw Lokir a look and chuckled. “If Lokir is lucky he won’t meet most of them. We range from small and meek like Calanthe here to being overbearing and destroying trade routes and sieging cities that piss us off like Furtuna. Mother has raised many leaders, kings, queens… You name it. There are some that fall off the wagon but most of them are good people. Even Furtuna has her moments…”

“It should be good company to have you along Lokir. It’s been a while since I’ve traveled on this continent. I haven’t been here… since Brynn disappeared…” For a moment Calanthe was sad.

“Mother gifted Calanthe to a god as his personal bard. It’s what Calanthe was trained to do when she was young. Ended up being with him for a long time and loving him. Got the letter from her not too long ago to come get her because he disappeared. So she is going home for more than just the festival, unfortunately.”

Calanthe ate the food quietly for a moment and looked up at Basselina. “Basselina is normally a guard for a small Highland town. So she isn’t as exciting as I am, unfortunately.” Basse elbowed her sister playfully. “What about you Lokir you must have interesting stuff to tell us about! We could go on for ages about our siblings. We typically share stories during our dinners to see what our siblings have been up to or what each other has been.”

Lokir

Character Info
Lokir grinned at the comment that his name was interesting, he had never had it called that before. ”I've run guard positions before for people in the past on caravans and such." They went on to speak of their siblings a little more and the one name caught his attention. ”The Sky Queen Furtuna is a sister to you?” He questioned. ”I've had a run in with her lot already, a couple years ago I was on an airship coming back from Parvpora when we were attacked mid flight. There was little I could do to stop her and her crew when they boarded us. I was the sole fighter on board and while I don't mind a fight against uneven numbers, I figured discretion was the better idea that day. I didn't want to start something and then have them attack the regular crew in return. Otherwise they took what they could and left us.” He explained, but the fact that she had been doing this for over five hundred years meant that she and her crew would know what they were doing indeed.

The sisters continued on to speak of one of their sisters that worked at a brothel in Kurayo, a succubus. Basse showed how tall this other sister, Jesse, was and Lokir raised a brow, that was small, they were right in wondering how she hadn't been snapped in two. Still, in the back of Lokir's mind her made a mental note of her name and the city for the next time he was on the Parvpora continent. At one point in their talk Lokir chuckled as they spoke of their family. ”And yes, despite how, dysfunctional a family can be, is it still not the most important thing we have this in life?” He spoke with a smile but allowed them to continue.

When the questions turned to him Lokir thought for a few moments on how to answer. ”Well, I've trained as knight since I was a boy, a dream I had since I could remember. My mother and little sister aren't always happy with my choice but they still support me and I send them whatever silver I can that I make to help them. Otherwise I travel around helping those that need it when I can, not much to tell really, small battles, large ones, bar fights.” He passed a grin to Basse at that. ”I've seen them all. I'm…” He paused to think a moment, deciding for now to go into that line of his story, perhaps later. It was his ace in the hole in a fight as few, that he knew of, had encountered a werebear before, let alone knew how to deal with one. While silver and the like could work on a lycanthrope, such weaknesses didn't exist for werebears, oh they had weaknesses for sure, but they weren't always that well know to most. Instead, he spoke of the magic that he had. ”also able to conjure up weapons out of pure magic. Aside from my bastard sword, I'm never really unarmed.”

To demonstrate Lokir held out his hand and after a second a dagger of grey swirling magic appeared, which he tapped against the table making a 'thonking' sound to show that it was solid in some way. He let the dagger dissipate and held his arm out to one side and a six foot trident appeared for a moment, before that dissipated and was replaced with a flail for a moment. Finished and the flail gone Lokir grinned. ”So, I am trained in almost any martial weapon you can think of, since I can make any of them at will. It wasn't easy and I try and keep up on a lot of things, but it is nice to know that I can create what I need for almost any situation. Bows though don't work for me, since the moment the weapon is out of my grasp it disappears, so ranged and throwing weapons don't work.” He explained finishing there for now.

His meal and drinking finished Lokir looked to his two new friends. ”If you're in a hurry catch that wagon I'll get my things from my room.” He stood and headed upstairs to to his rented room, wondering what they could be saying about him, and if they had yet to pick up that he wasn't as human as he looked.

After a little bit weighted steps could be heard on the upstairs floor boards before Lokir started to come down the stairs in his armour. Blackened steel layered with dragonscales and white accenting, but there was chainmail of dragonscales and metal on his elbows and knees, though there was a chainmail kilt under a heavy cloth outer skirt so his legs were protected by at least three layers of armour. A short cape was clipped to his pauldrons that only came down to his waist and somewhat hid the backpack under it that he was wearing, while his bastard sword sat in its sheath at his side. He was holding his helm at his side under his arm as he paid the barkeep for the room despite not using it for the night, but he had been in it and had a nap so it was still in need of a quick refresh.

With that finished the knight went back to his new companions. ”I am ready whenever you two are.” He grinned.