Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Sins of man and demons [P,R]
Mordecai

Character Info
Name: Mordecai
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Demon
Class: Demon Hunter
Silver: 1614
What could he say about Adeluna?

The place for the most part was in better hands ever since that mad King had been vanquished and business here had been blooming. Of course, so had his own as he found that he was hired by one of the city’s elite. They apparently had been dealing with some unsavory trouble in the form of demons that’s been terrorized the man’s family and had even kidnapped one of his youngest children. But what was the reason behind these attacks. As much as he loathed the answer, Mordecai knew that they didn’t necessarily need a reason behind anything they did but something was off. Kidnapping one of the children suggested that something had gone amiss but nothing could be sure until nightfall.

That was when they were most active, according to his employer.

The pay would be fantastic and he would be able to save an innocent’s life. Seemed that every would work out for him, unless these demons in question were ones that he was very well familiar with. The thought made him wince as he sat at the bar, reviewing the note that the employer had given him. The barkeep gave him another glass of water and a shot of ale. The part of why they would have been plaguing this family in particular was odd- they seemed like any old noble family- the sort that fancied power and wealth and wore it like the latest armor of the season. Aside from that, they seemed, at least from what he saw of the patriarch of the family, was very superstitious. Perhaps they did something to piss them off?

The blonde man grabbed his shot and downed it before taking some sips from the water as he glanced out a window. The sun would be setting soon and he’d have to be on his way with his toys. “Tell me”, he asked the barkeep as he was pouring a drink for himself, “Think that demons only do things because they can, or if they can be lead to do things for revenge and such.” He didn’t think that they were beyond petty emotions; he spent enough time with them to know that with them, anything can be possible.

“Guess they can. Never met one myself and don’t plan on it either”, the barkeep relied before drinking.

“…Right.”

Amatsubu

Character Info
Name: Amatsubu
Alignment: TN
Race: Drow
Class:
Silver: 178
Sighing softly, she glanced around a moment, unsure where she was going, let alone what she was looking for. She discovered quickly she was less than happy to be inside the city, wanting to escape already. Shaking her head she rushed the thoughts from her head as she glanced around again, pausing when she glanced inside the window of a bar, contemplating it. After a moment she moved along to the door, quietly slipping inside, needing a chance to escape the streets, and a drink.

She glanced around inside as she slipped into a seat, running her fingers through her silver and black hair, tucking it back behind her pointy ears, shoving the rest over her shoulders,letting it fall down her back mentally reminding herself she needed to find something to tie it back, before it drove her nuts again. 

Softly, she ordered a double shot and a water, needing to relax for a minute. She would never openly admit she had an issue with drinking, but sometimes, she realized she had a bad relationship with alcohol. She pushed the thought out of her head as her ears caught the conversation going on down the bar from her, her curiosity peaked slightly, but she stayed quiet, not wanting to get into something that did not concern her.

Picking up her glass, she nursed her drink, her silver eyes settling on the blonde man for a moment, wondering what he was up to and why he was having a conversation about demons of all things. 
Mordecai

Character Info
Name: Mordecai
Alignment: CN
Race: Half Demon
Class: Demon Hunter
Silver: 1614
The barkeep was of little help, but of course he’d expect that out of a man whose sole existence was that of serving alcoholic beverages. Mordecai really didn’t think he’d have some more knowledge than him, but it didn’t hurt he’d guess. “So why ask about demons, boy?”

“No reason. Just going on a hunt is all.”

“Ah, you’re one of those demon hunters? We get those from time to time, but I’ve never heard of this city really having a problem before.”

Mordecai tapped at the bar for another shot and downed it. “Yup, one of those bluebloods up on their perches think that something haunting their family.” Now that he thought about it, most of his work recently had been done more so up north, where the attacks were more frequent and more expected. In the so called crowned jewel city of Canelux however, it did seem odd. He glanced about the room, looking to see who might be listening in on their conversation. Not too many were here and of those that were, there was one that stood out among them. He eyed the woman that seemed to be watching him before turning around back to the barkeep.

“If I’m a betting man, I’m sure that those fools did something to bring it upon themselves. Either they crossed them in something or they stole something that belonged to them. Either way, I’m getting paid handsomely to clean up their mess.” He searched through his pockets and handed him some silver. “Do me a favor and send that lady over there another drink on me.” He accepted and called for one of the waitresses with the order in hand. In his profession, it was more of a ploy to see what she was up to. Was the woman there just a bystander or perhaps there was more than what meets the eye? Slipping out of his seat, he grabbed his bag on the floor and headed over towards her. “I’m guessing that you’d heard some of my conversation, yes? Perhaps you could be more helpful than that guy over there. What do you know about demons?” He was rather blunt and to the point, but there was no time for games in this instance. Not when it would be time for him to depart and head off to save some family from whatever they had done.

Amatsubu

Character Info
Name: Amatsubu
Alignment: TN
Race: Drow
Class:
Silver: 178
The moment the second drink was brought to her, she knew she had been caught listening in. Mentally she scowled, scolding herself for even listening to begin with. But on the outside she kept herself under strict control, giving a slight nod in response to the drink.She held the drink quietly, swirling it around as she tried to focus on it rather than the blonde man, now leery as she continued to listen to the words without looking at them anymore though, minus the occasional glance out of the corner of her eye.

By the time he came over she almost jumped, slipping off her seat, managing to catch herself with a tiny squeak. She straightened herself up looking over to him, momentarily appraising him, a soft tinge managing to creep over her. Her eyes never wavered as she looked over him taking careful note of him. After just a brief moment, she managed to force an almost smile on her lips sitting back into her chair again. Mentally she wanted to just run, but she held herself firmly in place, meeting his eyes for a moment before turning her attention back to her drink. "Perhaps in another life I did." She said thoughtfully, her voice no more than a murmur. She took a drink, focusing on that, rather than him.