Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > What Lies Ahead [P]
Marsh

Character Info
Name: Marsh
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Wanderer
Silver: 76
One sole thought could be found within Marsh's mind: If I never set foot upon another sea-faring vessel, it would be too soon. Found adrift clinging to a slab of wood that had no purpose being at sea, the man had served as a sailor for several days, earning passage to land and paying back the debt owed for saving his life. The merchant captain had been kind enough, and had asked for no compensation, yet Marsh had felt an obligation to the man none the less. While the details of how he had become cast upon the waters, or any specific memory of his own history were a storybook viewed through fogged glass at the best of times, he knew he was a mage of some talent. After some practice trying to grip the magic of this place he found himself now inhabiting, he managed to earn some purchase of his abilities to a minor degree. His time had been spent supplementing the sails with blast of air when the ocean felt not as inclined to do so.
The aroma of salt still permeated the air. While the intensity did reduce as to what the wanderer had become accustom to in the past week, he could still detect the scent. Perhaps as he progressed away from the docks, the odor would lessen. Marsh knew his nasal passages would rejoice once the harshness of the salt were behind him. With one last wave to the generous captain, he eagerly began his walk toward the city proper. "Now, what was it the seafolk had called his place? Agelune? Adelbar?" he asked himself aloud, before resigning his rhetorical inquiry with a shrug. For his efforts, the crew aboard his rescue vessel had gifted him with a small allowance of money to survive with. Yet, despite their generosity, Marsh could only suck his teeth once he caught a glimpse of himself in a merchant's mirror while he strolled. He was a mess. His normally lively, curly locks were a tangled, matted mess. His face had a fair shade of stubble, and what was perhaps once a intricately designed robes was now a waterlogged mess.
With a snap of his fingers, the caster spoke to his upward raised finger. "First, shopping for some semblance of decent clothing. Then a bath." Now, what he had intended to be a quick trip to make purchases turned into hours scouring for articles that appealed to him. Eventually, he was able to leave one such shop with a waistcoat and fine looking trousers and shirt. First mission completed, Marsh came to the sudden realization that he was utterly clueless as to where a bathhouse might be in this city, or if this strange place even supported such a place. "Oh, well if that isn't a fine conundrum.."

Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
There was a soft skip to her steps as she walked through the busy streets. It was another beautiful day on this land and she was enjoying it completely. Obviously, some nice rain would make everything better but there was only so much she could do. She knew better to tax herself to the amount of mana that it would take to make something like that happen in a city of this side. She would be lucky to keep a small, dark cloud following her. The idea only helped to let a small giggle escape her lips. A few heads turned her way but not many would look crazy at a beautiful girl. Her chocolate hair reached her bottom in soft curly waves with a few chunks falling over the front to frame her face. Her skin was softly tanned from the amount of sun she got from her traveling. She would never grow darker in shades but it was enough to keep her from looking as pale as her mother normally did. She was lucky that she had gotten a little more of her father’s traits than her mothers.

Hazel eyes drifted from stall to stall that rested. She even found herself entering a couple of stores. She always enjoyed seeing what new things that the cities had to offer. She had spent a lot of time in different areas of Canelux that was a lot of new, unique items in Adeluna. She always enjoyed traveling but returning to the city or town to see what was new always proved interesting. She did also love to people watch and that was best done in a city because of a number of people. It was harder for her to enjoy her side hobbies with the lack of abilities that she once had. She was growing used to the feeling of something missing and each day she began to feel better and stronger. She felt like she could stand on her two feet. She did not need to be a Goddess to be strong. She was thriving with power. She had seen that when she competed in the competition ran by her uncle. She had almost made it to the end but ended a little too early for her tastes. It was, however, a good introduction to the world.

The siren’s fingers softly gripped at the fabric of her blue and pink dress as she continued through the crowd. The thin fabric of her dress allowed the two colors to shift in shades as she moved. It always made her slightly unique compared to others. It was clothing that she made herself because it was rather unique. It was not long before her focus was pulled towards an item in one of the windows. She pushed softly through the crowd to get a closer look from the outside of the building. There was a small smile on lips as she stared at the beautiful necklace that laced a small heart made of gems. The red gem shined beautiful but the closer she looked the more colors come to light. It reminded her of her old home, her old temple. For a moment, her heart ached for the place that had been a strong comfort for her, but it was quickly replaced by a dashing smile. Everything in her wanted to buy the necklace, but she knew it was a foolish thing to buy. She had no need to another necklace. It was just something that reminded her of things that she missed. They were really silly and materialistic things to miss but underneath it all. She missed her temple more than her powers. She already knew you did not need magic, strength, or wits to be strong. It took a strong heart and dream to power forward. It was how the nonmagical humans could continue forward when surrounded by being that could be considered more powerful by far. The flaws made them stronger than anyone with magic.

After one last look, she pulled her eyes from the window and began to look around the area again. She felt a little sad about leaving the pretty necklace but she knew better in the end of it all. She would need to find something else to keep her preoccupied overspending her silver. It did not take her long to catch the sight of something strange. A small giggle left her lips as she watched the new point of interest. There was a man walking out of the building across from her that sold clothing. He looked like he had just walked out of a swim in the ocean with his clothes on. It was not hard for her to notice right away that he had to come from one of the clothing stores and appeared to be holding them now in his hands. She let out another giggle before letting herself feel sorry for himself.

Maybe she should offer help? Her lips pressed together roughly as she thought about it before finally deciding that she did want to. Even from here, she could tell that he was a rather handsome man and it was unfair that he was walking around looking so dirty. She walked across the area and slightly tilted her head to look at the stranger. She could only hope that he would not mind a stranger being so bold to talk to him. ”I could not help but notice you appear lost, sir. Could I happen to help you?” Her usual smirk covered her lips as she watched him curiously. She could only hope that he would at least respond and not just continue to walk.

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-
Marsh

Character Info
Marsh was caught up in his own pondering suddenly, and it never occurred to him that he was still standing square in the portal passage. A miasma of memory phased before his eyes momentarily, casting him through time and space. There was a book, bound in some strange, leather-like substance open before him. Strange sigils and drawings covered the time-weathered pages. His gaze involuntarily shifted to the left of the accursed tome, to several translation dictionaries. He remembered a feeling, a desire. The key to translation lay somewhere amongst the half dozen language books. If he could crack the code, translate the untranslatable, then immense eldritch lore would be at his fingertips. Just a few more… Reality set back into the wanderer as an elderly woman asked for passage past the memory struck man. "Terribly sorry love, allow me to," his words trailed off as he held open the portal for the woman to pass him. He turned around to walk back out into the street, struggling to remember the images that had just been cascading across his vision. He made it not three steps from the shop before it seemed he was being approached once more. This time by a shockingly attractive creature, rather than a living tome.

Her hair matched his own in hue, a rich brown, however hers was far more cared for than his was at this point in time. More interesting was how her garments seemed to shift hue by simple movement. Was this some enchantment? Illusion? Magic must have had some hand in the creation of such fine articles of clothing. His hazel eyes shifted from her dress up to the face of the woman, who now was addressing him. "It is an awefully confusing place, this Arcmoona, or, whatever the locals seem to call this place," Marsh stated, tucking his clothing under one arm while gesturing nonchalantly to the surrounding buildings. "My dear, lost is only just the tip of what I am. Perplexed, bewildered, charmed, and a million other such articulate terms." Yet, despite these admissions there was an incredible amount of confidence in his voice. "Oh dear, where are my manners. My name is Marsh, I just set foot in this city for the first time not but a few hours ago. Lovely merchant ship fished me out of the ocean a week ago. In fact, I seem to have no idea just where this is, no names seem familiar, and the people themselves seem strange," Or, given that everything was strange to him, the more likely explanation was he was the true oddity among the masses here. "If you would be so kind, I am in desperate need of a bath house, followed quite closely by a trip to shisha den of a most decadent variety," Indeed, a hot pool of clean water and soap then a long session with a smoking apparatus in his hands would definitely set his body at ease, perhaps even help his mind reclaim itself fully. "As you can see, and regrettably smell, the sea is no place to be a most groomed individual." Even to the casual observer, Marsh was very fond of speaking with his hands, sometimes his gestures and mannerisms seeming silly, often bordering on flippant. "What would one call such a lovely creature as yourself?"

Rhea

Character Info
Quite the talker he was. Her grin grew a little when he began to talk to her after having a long look at her. He was not a shy man, or at least was completely unobservant how long he had looked her over her. She could not help notice that he could almost be her twin. They both had the rich brown curls and amazing hazel eyes. She could feel herself being sucked into them the longer she looked in them. Was this what it felt when people talked to her? She felt herself exhilarated by the encounter already that she almost got lost in her thoughts as he talked away. She came back into the conversation when he greeted her with his name and a small history to why he looked and smelled the way he did.

Rhea said nothing as he spoke but watched him curiously, but it was not like he was giving her the time to give a response. Between his hands and words, she could only imagine that he loved to listen to his own voice. She kind of enjoyed that strange aspect. It made her curious if he was always like this or he was making up for the lack of a pleasant appearance. She found herself pleased that she had taken the time to stop and ask him if he needed help. She was learning that you could have a lot of interesting interactions if you just took the time to ask someone if they needed help. It was normally not difficult to see someone looking lost or bewildered, as he said, and most likely in need of a hand.

He finally took a breath and addressed her with a question. A small giggle escaped her lips. “Rhea.” She answered, giving him a small bow of her head, “I would offer a hand to shake or kiss, but… as you said, you are not groomed very well. That part of the introductions must wait until you have had a long bath.” Rhea could not help but be a tease. It had become a normality for her to tease someone when she was talking. She loved to keep them on the edge of their seats, wondering what she would do or say next. The mysteriousness caused an excitement that normally was lacking in the world.

”When it comes to the bathhouse and den, I can help on both. I know an inn that functions along with a bathhouse. For a large amount of silver, one could even have their bath in their room and the tub is just as magnificent as the rest. Possibly, more magnificent if you pay for it.” Rhea grinned from ear to ear as she shifted and let her full hand gracefully point to the direction. “If you do not mind, I would be happy to join you. I have not been in a good bath house in quite some time. I would not mind helping drop a few silver to make sure you really enjoy your stay here.”

The siren was doing very well for herself. She took comfort in the world of trading and had grown in a family that had far more options than most. The bathhouse would be nothing like the ones that had once resided in her old temple, but they were some of the closest that could be found. It would be a fun experience for her. Maybe if she liked the man enough, she would help him enjoy one of the combination rooms. She did not mind spending a little more than needed to have an interesting adventure. She had a feeling that he was someone who she would want to get to know. His mannerisms were cute enough to keep her wanting to see what he would do next. She had just recently sold a few of her wares to one of the shops so it would only help weigh her pack down.

My Active Threads
Marsh

Character Info
"Oh darling, you certainly are a forward, cheeky one, aren't you?" Marsh asked with a flamboyant chuckle. "An absolute pleasure to meet you, Rhea," The wanderer took a moment to run his fingers through his matted hair before giving his hand a disgusted look. "Absolutely, let us be on our way. The sooner I cease to appear a vagabond, the better." Indeed, the woman did seem a bit more forward than most he had interacted with in the past, but then again, perhaps that was just custom in this strange city. People were always strange, no matter the land it seemed. Villages could be but miles apart, yet some sort of geographical or cultural change could be so drastic to the point one may have thought they stepped from home into an alien nation. Or perhaps this woman was just an oddity amongst even her own people. Only time could tell just what it would be. 

"I do have a fair amount of coin remaining, even after my… extravagant purchases. Turns out that even once they pick you out of the sea, merchants are quite the generous sorts, or Captain Salt was at least." for emphasis, the dark haired man jingled the contents of his coin pouch. "Or they recognize the value of a bit of magic upon their vessels to make the trip a bit easier, but I digress. If you would kindly…" with a nod and a small, flourishing gesture in the direction Rhea had pointed. "I am truly in your debt. Gods know how long I would have been wandering on my own until some place suitable showed,"

Rhea

Character Info
His spoken impression of her was flattery at its best. Her lips curled into a wide smile and she gave him a small wink as she began to lead the way. ”Why yes, I am rather forward but I do not see you complaining, my dear sir.” A soft laugh escaped her lips as she began to weave them through the streets. The area that they were going was slightly outside of the town because it was a larger building that could never fit comfortably in the middle of the town. They were known for their luxury and silence. The entrance, however, did not scream exquisiteness. It was one of the things she loved move about the place. They allowed their housing and baths be the beauty and not just appearance. She was happy to get him out of his current clothes, but she really could care less if he just kept it off. She always found the idea of clothing slightly ridiculous. It was probably one of the reasons she enjoyed going fancier with her dresses that she weaved. If you were going to force yourself into clothing, you needed something great to wear.

Hazel eyes would shift back to glance at him as they walked. She quietly listened to the words he said with the smile never leaving her lips. It was clear that he was a talker and continued to show her that very quality. She enjoyed it because for once she was not the one having to push a conversation from someone. It was no fun when they wouldn’t involve themselves in a one on one conversation. “Good, then we should be able to afford a nice room for you. Did you know how long you were going to stay here? You hit a mainland, so you have many areas you may travel from here. I would advise maybe staying away from boats. We don’t need you being found in the middle of the sea again, I am sure.” Her eyes twinkled as she snickered a little at him. She found it hilarious that he was found in the middle of the sea. As a siren, the idea of being lost in the sea was bizarre.

It did not take long for her to finally lead to them where they wanted to be. In between two shops, sat a small alley that rested a large dual door. She glanced back at him and motioned him to follow as she pushed one of the doors opened. She would not give him the chance to try to be polite now. She would let him follow in the rear for now. She was sure it was probably the better of the views currently. She also wanted the owner to see her first over her companion covered in dirt.

“Why hello, I am interested in one of your top suites.” Her tone of voice shifted from the times she talked to him. The more carefree tone of charm melted away into a stricter, proper diction but the smile never changed. The man behind of the room started to grumble out but when he rose his head, a look of shock covered his face as she quickly stopped what he was doing and grabbed a key from his board. He quickly muttered about the room being ready before his eyes landed on the Marsh with a look of confusion.

”The room is for two, preferably with adjoining room for the kind sir behind me.” Her words were sharper this time as if she were speaking out an order. The man stuttered a little before nodding his head and grabbing another key from his board before ushering them to the room. She was sure that he probably did not want others to see the strange man covered in dirt and who knows what else. There were a few bends in the path as they made their way to the room. She handed the man a few silver as he opened the door to her. He handed her two spare key and asked her if she would need anything else.

”May you ready the water for the tub. We will be using it shortly.” She responded quickly flashing a grin to Marsh. She mostly wanted the man to just leave so she could see what her new friend thought of the room. She had been enough to allow him his own room to rest in. She really did not care if they shared a room, but she knew some were uncomfortable with it. The owner gave them both a nod and said he would send one of the workers to ready the water for them. There was a grin on her lips as she turned to look over to Marsh as the man left.

”I hope this is up to your standers. You will find the adjoining room is most likely almost exactly the same minus the bath.” She smiled at him and held out the other key for him to take if he wanted. ”You could go see yourself. It will take them shortly to prepare the tub, though I believe a spring would be a better term for it. It could fit easily six people. These rooms are normally for larger… parties or royalty.” The room looked like it could easily be for people of higher class. All the furniture was made out of beautiful wood and the bed could have easily rest three people. She had promised him to enjoy one of the best experiences found in the city. She walked over to the bed and grabbed the spare bathrobe that rested on the bed. ”You may want this.”

My Active Threads