Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > A Ship Without a Captain [P]
Harrison

Character Info
Name: Harrison Jones
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Devilishly Handsome
Silver: 773
His head ached, the light was too bright, and the noise of the city was too damn loud.  Avery Rosario grunted as he managed to push himself into a sitting position, when he opened his eyes finally he realized that the oh so comfortable place he had been sleeping wasn't his bed.  The more he looked around the more he realized that he wasn't even on the ship.  "What…"  He managed to choke out before climbing to his feet.  He was in an alley somewhere in the city, upon emerging from it at least he seemed to  be in the same city he remember being in.

Avery paused for a moment, leaned up against the building and rubbed his face.  He tried to think of what happened, it wasn't like him to get black out drunk, in fact he couldn't recall a time where he had ever let himself lose control like that.  After all, he helped keep Harrison in line, to keep the crew in line despite only being the Navigator.  The actual first mate, Wyatt only seemed to encourage unruly behavior from the Captain.  Where had they been last?  Avery decided that it would be best to start at the ship, after all that was where they had started their night off.  Avery got through to the ship and made his way up the gangway.  "Harrison?  Brenhin?  Wyatt?"  The ship appeared to be empty but perhaps they were in a state like he had been earlier they might not be awake enough to realize he was calling to them.

Avery made his way through the ship and found something that was a bit odd, it was a boot sticking out of one of the water barrels.  When he realized that boot was over a foot that was when his stomach sank.  He edged closer expecting to see someone drowned only to find that their face was just above the surface and it was Brenhin.  There was a small sigh of relief when he realized that the angry man was alive.  He then splashed water on his face, "Get up you idiot."

Brenhin jolted and the barrel ended up getting toppled over in his quick movement and he spilled onto the deck.  "Where's the Captain?"

"Your guess is as good as mine.  At least I found you on the ship,  I woke up in an alley not too far from here."  Avery explained.

Brenhin stood up, goosebumps coated his exposed skin as he became chilled.  "You?  Woke up in an alley?  I was drunk, this makes sense for me, but I've never known you to get drunk."

"Why do you think I'm concerned?  Someone put something in our drinks.  What happened after that I'm not sure.  What I do know is that Harrison and Wyatt are missing and I have yet to find a trail for them."
  He paused for a moment, "C'mon, let's get searching, hopefully nothing bad has happened to them."

With that the pair headed off the ship and started their search into the city.  They started by describing the appearance of their friends and if anyone had seen them.

[Made by Brittlez]

Harmony

Character Info
Name: Harmony
Race: Novella
Class: Defender
Silver: 124
When she had noticed the pair asking questions, Harmony had found herself curious.  She hadn't been in town for long, but she had been hanging out around the harbor and hadn't noticed anything too strange.  She trailed after them, catching snatches of conversation and gathered an idea of just what they were looking for.  Or who, rather.  She wracked her brains, trying to think if she had seen any of the people they were asking about.  Other people were watching her, and noticed that she was following the pair.  She wanted to walk up to the pair and tell them everything would be alright, but that wasn't always the case.  But Harmony realized that it wasn't such a great idea to keep trailing after them if she wanted to actually help.  Hopefully they wouldn't mind her tagging along.  And it was fairly likely she would have a few tricks up her sleeves that would help quite a bit.

"Hate to be a bother, but I'm guessing you could use another pair of eyes?  I… well, I've been listening to you asking people.  Who exactly are you looking for?  I'd like to help," Harmony said, trying to sound friendly but serious.  She knew her leggings shown quite a bit of wear, and the plain tunic was stained with dirt, making her look like just about any other adventurer.  But her brilliant sapphire eyes were inhuman though friendly, and Harmony knew she could be somewhat off-putting.  But she had learned to adapt, and she hoped these two would accept her help.  It seemed like they would need it.  "My name is Harmony, and it's my job to help people, so here I am," she added with a grin.  It was something her father would have said, and it was a comfort to follow in his footsteps.

[Sorry if this post is a hair short, but I have a hard time with first posts sometimes.]

Harrison

Character Info
[It's fine, doesn't need to be exact+ just didn't want smol three sentence posts especially since my posts are longish xD]

Their search had turned up nothing as of late, each person they questioned only seemed to bring them no closer to finding the missing crew members.  Wyatt and Harrison could be dead for all they knew, but simply giving up the search after only a short time would be a poor move on their part.  Avery sighed as he leaned against a building as they took a brief break from asking questions.  His eyes searched the people as they walked by, anyone of them could hold the key to finding Harrison and Wyatt.  Brenhin leaned against the building next to the navigator.  They shared a moment of silence as they mulled over information that was starting to peek through to their minds.

"What do you remember about last night?"  Avery asked the normally angry man.

"I remember going to the tavern.  I remember ordering drinks and getting into a game of cards.  Harrison and Wyatt were busy trying to woo the young bar maid, no surprise there.  We drank for a while and then somewhere in there I don't know.  Next thing I remember is you waking me up."  Brenhin wasn't showing it too much but he didn't like being put in a helpless situation like this considering he was usually in control of how drunk he got.  He was just as disturbed by all of this as Avery was and Avery never let himself get drunk ever.  Not since the last time.

"Well, let's get going again."  Avery said and they started walking once more.

As they walked Brenhin focused on picking out those who could potentially be useful, Avery was aware that they were being followed.  He never looked at her directly, but for some reason she seemed hesitant to approach them.  Avery had never really thought of himself as particularly intimidating, Brenhin on the other hand was fairly scary.  He was a taller man with more muscle.  The navigator scratched at his head as he tried to think of how to continue their search.  It was then he noted that the woman who had been following them finally approached them.

Brenhin looked at her rather suspiciously but he didn't dismiss her immediately.  Avery gave her a warm smile to at least help her feel a little more comfortable around the two men.  Brenhin looked to Avery to take the lead on this conversation.

"Nice to meet you Harmony, my name is Avery and this is Brenhin.  We're currently looking for some of our shipmates that went missing last night.  Our Captain, Harrison, and First Mate, Wyatt, are still missing.  If you would like to help that would be greatly appreciated."  Avery said with a small smile on his face.  "We were about to head to the tavern we were at last night to try and pick up some more leads.  Who knows maybe we'll find someone there who knows something."

Avery led the group towards the tavern where they had been when some shouting got their attention.  It was coming from inside the building and that was when someone was thrown out of the tavern and the door firmly closed.  It was then Avery noted that it was Wyatt who was on the ground and he ran over to help the first mate get to his feet.  "Where have you been!"

Wyatt wiped himself off as he got to his feet, he looked less than thrilled about his current situation.  "Where have you been?  You don't get drunk we should've all made it back to the ship."

"I think someone may have slipped something into our drinks.  I woke up in an alley, I found Brenhin in a water barrel on the ship."
  Avery filled in.

"Where's Harrison?"

"Your guess is as good as mine."
  Avery shrugged.

"Apparently I had ended up in the bed with the tavern owner's daughter."  Wyatt said, he brushed his fingers through his hair and it fell into place.

"Wait, the one with the saw teeth and the huge hairy wart on her face?"  Brenhin inquired.

"Let's just forget this happened."

"OH no!  I finally have something on you, it'll be a long time before I let this go."
  Avery said with a laugh.

"At least I know how to bed a woman."

"At least I didn't get with someone who looks like they were going to accidentally bite off my fun bits."
  Avery snapped back.

[Made by Brittlez]

Harmony

Character Info
Once the two introduced themselves, Harmony felt more at ease.  She had a feeling that they were telling her the truth, and the story they had to tell was interesting.  "It's a pleasure to meet you both, and I'm quite sure we'll find your friends.  I don't think any ships have left today, so there's that much.  I was hanging around the docks and listening to the sailors' stories," Harmony admitted with a grin.  She nodded, retracing steps seemed like a good idea.  There had to be witnesses, and even if they weren't forthcoming, she knew that there were even little things that could help.  Before they even entered the tavern, another man was thrown out, and the two ran to get him up. 

Then the banter between the three began, and Harmony couldn't contain her giggles.  It was clear they had known each other for quite some time, and that made her want to help them find Harrison all the more.  If these three were clearly fast friends, their captain had to be quite the character.  "Well, there's one of your friends at least.  My name's Harmony, just someone passing by who wants to help.  Not hurt, are you?  I'm quite good at healing magics," she said while offering Wyatt a bright grin.  Harmony glanced back at the tavern, considering how Wyatt had been thrown out, it might be a good idea for someone who wouldn't be recognized to go in and ask around.  Or at least not Wyatt.  She considered the options, this time of day, it would most likely be serving an early lunch to help sailors regain their feet after potential hangovers.  And there would be quite a few people in, so hopefully someone who had seen something. 

"Why don't we go in and get a bite to eat?  There should be still be people in there from last night, and maybe even people who saw something outside.  Also…  what does your captain look like?  That would help me know who I'm looking for," Harmony said, her mind rapidly switching tracks like usual.  There could be any number of things that could have happened, but since they were all groggy, Harmony figured someone was after something of theirs…  "Speaking of which, any enemies, and is anyone guarding your ship?  Hopefully no one will try and steal it," she said, her mind running down yet another track.

Harrison

Character Info
"Harmony, good to meet you.  I'm Wyatt and nothing bruised but my ego."  He said with a small sigh, "I'm sure you'd be able to mend it."  Wyatt added with a wink and a charming smile.  It was then he was punched in the arm by Brenhin.

"Don't do that, she's nice enough to lend her help, she doesn't need you hitting on her right now."  The dark haired man glared at him.

"I was just kidding, calm yourself.  If you all are going into that particular tavern I'll just head to the ship.  I have a feeling I'm not wanted in there right now." Wyatt rolled his head cracking his neck briefly.  "I'll search around the dock and see if I can spot Harrison there.  Who knows maybe he ended up there somehow."

The two other men watched as Wyatt made his way back to the ship, most likely going to get into the Captain's stock of good rum to soothe his ego.  Not to mention probably a little hair of the dog to cure what was a terrible feeling for him right now.  Avery gave a brief sigh and ran his hand through his short hair as he then considered what to do or say before entering the tavern.

"Harrison is about this tall, dark brown hair, blue eyes, and missing his left hand.  He should have a hook on it but whoever might  have had him might have taken that away from him.  As far as watching the ship usually we pay someone at the dock to keep an eye on it but that's usually not an issue.  As far as enemies go…  There is only one who is a problem and that's Sybil Knight."  Avery said as he glanced over worriedly at Brenhin.

"She wouldn't do it like this.  That woman has far too much pride, she would want us to know it was her that was doing this.  That and I know The Revenge wasn't in the dock last night.  If it was I'm sure we would have left port as soon as she got in.  Thankfully she wouldn't want our ship either, what was it she called our ship?  I don't remember."  Brenhin scratched  idly at his chin trying to think of it.

Avery seemed to have forgotten too and then his eyes lit up as he remembered it.  "She said it was a raft with a tattered sail, she'd sooner blow it out of the water than claim it as her own."

"Well, let's head into the tavern and see if we can pick up any clues as well as that bite to eat that Harmony suggested.  Both those things actually are her ideas and good ones." 
Brenhin said, as he walked towards the door, "Whatever it was must have hit you hard, Avery, usually you're the one who has the good ideas."

Avery looked a bit ashamed as hit bit his lip, it was true that the headache he had was throwing him off.  There was that bit of nausea that kept him at the point of almost throwing up but his body never completed the motion to do so.  He followed the pair in and looked around the tavern.  There were a few patrons eating breakfast now and overall it was fairly quiet.

They picked a table for the moment to order food, Avery glanced around trying to dig up any memories that he had about this place.  "I don't remember any of these faces from last night."

Brenhin patted him on the shoulder, "Don't stress about it.  Let's get some food in us, we'll do better once we got that."

The blonde haired man shrugged a bit as he considered those words for the moment.  That was when the waitress walked over and gave them a bit of a smile.

"Back so soon!  After last night I didn't think you'd make it back here the next morning."  She said with a bright smile.

"It wasn't exactly planned either."  Brenhin said flatly.

"I see you replaced the hook-hand man with someone who's a bit more pleasant.  Though it seemed like he was going off to have his own fun without you though."  The waitress said with a laugh.

"Wait, did he leave with someone?"  Avery asked, perking up at this.

"He did.  Left with the waitress who had been waiting on you all night.  She was helping him walk out of here, surprising considering how small she was.  Tart took all of my tips before she left too.  I'd pull out all of her stupid brown hair the next time I see her."  The waitress said as she put her hands on  her hips.

"Where did they go?"  Avery demanded, as he stood up suddenly forgetting about the food.

"Headed to the ship yard, I-"  That was when Avery took off running, leaving Brenhin and Harmony behind.

"So much for breakfast."  Brenhin said with a sigh, "Guess we better follow him, huh?"

[Made by Brittlez]

Harmony

Character Info
[So sorry this took so long!  Been sick and still trying to work full time.]

There was half a moment where she considered flirting back, but the moment was shattered by Brenhin's intervention.  "There are worse things than what he's said to me, believe me," Harmony said with a laugh.  Considering he had just been thrown out of the tavern, Wyatt's appraisal of the situation seemed logical.  She listened attentively to the description of the captain, the hook would make him very distinctive and memorable.  That was a good thing.  "Might not be an old enemy, just someone that was annoyed enough to mess with your captain.  Could be a merchant that was inadvertently crossed or someone that blames Harrison for something.  It's hard to tell, there isn't a lot to go on right now," Harmony said, considering all the angles that she was aware of.  She beamed a little at the compliment of her idea, and the trio headed into the tavern.

She let them do the talking and observing, and was considering what she wanted for breakfast while she listened to the conversation.  But Avery took off before they could even order anything, and Harmony sighed a little.  She had been looking forward to a nice breakfast.  "A moment.  Ma'am, can you tell me anything about that waitress, other than her being a thief?  Like, how long as she been here, and where does she live, or anything else you can think of?  We're trying to find the hook-handed man, and I'm just trying to make sure we didn't miss anything, or anywhere else that they might have gone," Harmony asked, sounded as sincerely concerned as she possibly could without sounding like a lovelorn woman.  She was getting the impression that all her new friends had ladies in every port, not that it was a bad thing.  But she didn't want to give a false impression either.