Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Coins and Ale [p]
Orabela Hammersmash

Character Info
Name: Orabela Hammersmash
Alignment: TG
Race: Dwarf
Class: Smith
Silver: 237
Standing in her rented stall, Orabela looked through the crowds.  There were quite a few people here who could certain use a good weapon, it was just the matter of finding the people with coin.  She billed herself as a master weaponsmith, which was entirely true.  And she was a dwarf, which lent credibility to her claims.  And if that didn't work, then she invited people to handle the weapons for themselves.  Her rich alto called out to the crowds, trying to attract attention.  "Best weapons this side o' the ocean!  Crafted in Baltil by meself, and ye won't find better unless yer' willing ta travel!" she called.  Orabela had learned a long time ago how to pitch her voice just right to carry through almost any noise. 

Adjusting the remaining swords and axes, she watched the crowd as a few were browsing her remaining stocks.  They all looked as if they had enough coin, it would just be a matter of waiting for someone to find just the thing they wanted.  "Anythin' ya be wantin' ta ask about me work?" she asked, addressing all of them at once.  If she could sell the rest of her stock in the next few days, Orabela was planning on heading home.  It was definitely time for a rest from traveling.

Leo

Character Info
Name: Núria
Alignment: CN
Race: Appears Human
Class: Psychopomp
Silver: 447
Market Day could go either way for Núria these days.

Not too long ago, it was usually a lucrative endeavor; she would pick up clients and suppliers, sometimes even more if she was very lucky. Observing potential business leads out in the open allowed her an opportunity to spot serious clients from afar–and avoid ones that were more trouble than they were worth. It also allowed her to tap into a more transient workforce… sellers and crafters that generally asked less questions of her than established businesses. Considering most of her clientele, asking questions could become problematic, if not dangerous.

Recently, however, Núria was pretty sure bounty hunters still searched for her, inspired by the rather hefty reward a pirate lord had placed on her head. And the Kingdom of Adeluna was not the lawless haven of Vilpamolan where she used to operate with relative autonomy. So until her business was stable again, where she could take on competition and threats from a position of strength, Núria would have to operate from the shadows.

She stopped at a weapons stall toward the end of the market alley, quickly sizing up the quality of the goods. Not bad, she thought to herself, slowly perusing the display table. Cleanly forged, consistent in craftsmanship… must be a master. Not a style I recognize, however. She looked up and spotted a dwarven woman calling out her pitch from behind the display. Dwarven weapons? Could be worth a try… Núria briefly ran through her list of current clients mentally, identifying those who'd be interested in this sort of shipment. That noble in Egjora–Kantler–would certainly put these to good use. Or rather, 'good,' relatively speaking. Núria chuckled to herself. None of my business, of course. But he'll insist I delivery them myself, the pompous oaf. This might get complicated.

The woman, now identifying herself as both seller and smith, called out an invitation for questions. Núria had seen enough to give her an idea of future profit potential. A female weaponsmith was rare on this side of the ocean was rare, and yet she was a dwarven smith. Quite curious, indeed. This smith could prove useful to Núria's reorganization in Adeluna, should the woman have the right leanings. It was still too soon to tangle with simply anyone, these days; her ousting from Vilpamolan was still fresh, and Núria had not reestablished the necessary prerequisites that prevented her from feeling vulnerable to law enforcement disruption.

Núria had heard and seen what she needed, so she approached the dwarf. She pushed her hood back, exposing her auburn locks to to the light. Despite the risk of being spotted, Núria felt it rude to converse from the shadows of her cloak. "How do you do?" she greeted the shopkeeper with a friendly smile. "This is quite a stock you have here… Did I hear you correctly, you make these yourself?"

Her fingers gently traced an axe on the display table, running over the detail in the metal. She then picked it up, as if to examine it more closely. "Truly remarkable, you have a talent for detail I've seen from few others," Núria added enthusiastically, setting the weapon back down. "Granted, a weapon's worth is the damage done, not the detail of the handle, eh?" She quirked a brow. "I could perhaps help take this entire stock off your hands, you see… but I'm not a fighter myself, and my clients expect me to provide them with only the finest goods available. Perhaps it'd be possible to see a demonstration of quality?" Núria wondered if the woman wielded her weapons as well as she smithed them.

Orabela Hammersmash

Character Info
Name: Orabela Hammersmash
Alignment: TG
Race: Dwarf
Class: Smith
Silver: 237
Keeping a friendly grin on her face, Orabela was glad when someone approached and began asking polite questions.  That was one of the fastest way of endearment to the dwarf.  "It's a fine day, and I'm thinkin' it's about ta get better.  Pleasure ta meet ya, me name's Orabela," she said with a bow of her head.  Dropping a hand protectively to her weapons, Orabela nodded.  "Each an' every one is by me own hands.  Only way I can make sure of the quality.  And dwarven quality's the best," she said, firm conviction in her voice.  Let the elves have their bows, she wasn't fond of fighting from a distance.  And the humans' didn't have the patience to learn proper smithing, at least not from her people.  Each weapon took time, but it was something that Orabela took pride in.

"oh, aye.  But that devil's in the details.  And them details show the quality.  These ain't gonna break on ya in the middle of a fight," she said, expertise in her voice.  It was something that she had seen before, and it was usually at the worst possible moment.  But that's what anyone got in buying cheap weapons.  Picking up a hand axe, she nodded.  There were a fair few ways she could show off, but sometimes the easiest ones were the best.  There was a length of oak pole next to her stall, and Orabela inserted it into a hole in the wall.  hefting the axe, she swung, and it sliced cleanly through the wood.  "Sharp, though ya have ta maintain the weapons of course.  my specialty is bladed weapons, though I make a pretty decent hammer too," Orabela said with a grin.  She wondered just what this woman was after, the idea of having her whole stock taken in one sale was interesting.  And she wondered just where they would end up.  But there was time for negotiation.