Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Heat over Cold [P]
Nyromix

Character Info
Name: Cedric
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Commander
Silver: 0
Cedric rammed the door with his shoulder and he quickly looked for a few ingredients, he gathered up a few leaves from a plant by the window sill. He scooped up some water from a barrel, he threw the leaves down, he took 5 strange mushrooms and ground them up and mixed them into the strange potion. He quickly dipped his hand into it and he rubbed it all over his arms, barely soaking the rolled up sleeves in the strange liquid, he quickly finished and passed the mug of liquid over to his companions."Don't drink that, it's highly poisonous, but it should return your body heat in a few minutes, I recommend not eating any snacks that fall onto those arms for an hour, it spreads quickly" 

Cedric opened up a container and poured out it's contents into a bowl. He grabbed more bowls and poured out their contents. Tomato soup.
He quickly passed the bowls to them, then he started helping himself to his own bowl. "Oh, and, sorry about the mess, I've never walked into this place since 3 months ago, haven't been to Adeluna since, well, 3 months ago!" Cedric started to pick up a few books, some of them about cooking, some of them about basic alchemy.

"I only know how to make one potion, so that could be less effective, but it does bring back your normal temperature" Cedric explained. "So, what're you guys' stories?"

"Part fool, part hero, mostly fool."
lilithrie

Character Info
Name: Lily
Race: ??
Class:
Silver: 396
Lily entered the building with a curious but tired look on her face. Cedric was rushing about preparing something so she had some time to kill. They had been in hell not long before when they were abruptly expelled. They had not made it to the end but somehow they were back in the living world. The only logical conclusion she could come up with was that the goddess had seen enough people who asked for the curse to be removed to finally accept and she had made sure the rest of the living traveling through to see her were returned to their rightful place.

Lily accepted the potion in the mug from Cedric, unsure what it was until he explained. "Ah, I'm actually more comfortable at colder temperatures but thank you for your concern." She said and handed the mug to the next person in their little rag tag band of adventurers. She then accepted the new bowl from Cedric again unsure of its contents until the smell arrived at her nose, tomato soup. Her stomach let out a quiet growl and he laughed softly. She was hungry, who wouldnt be after traversing through hell. She drank the soup from the bowl, not bothering to look for a spoon. She set her empty bowl down to think about how she should go about explaining herself, to tell her story as Cedric had asked. 

She was quiet for a few moments before sighing and shifting her weight from one foot to the other. "I guess I'll go first? Thank you for the hospitality by the way. As for my story, it seems most people in this land have interesting ones and it is more rare to come across a normal person. To start at the beginning would take a long time, because it was a very long time ago, so just the highlights. I've been in a magically enduced sleep for a very long time, not sure exactly how long but at least a few thousand years. I woke up, met a dragon, got turned around on my way to this city, ended up in that vile pirate city, then went across the sea for a while, then came back to explore a bit, heard about the curse, experienced it happen to a friend, then vowed to make it through hell to ask the goddess to remove her curse to stop the unnecessary violence, pain, and suffering it was bringing to her people." She stopped and looked around. Then finished, "that's it, someone else's turn."
Knightromix

Character Info
Name: Hyde Penndragon
Alignment: TN
Class: Dragonslayer/Knight
Hyde took off his armor leaving only his clothes underneath, he too, rolled up his sleeves and started to rub the strange substance around his arm, he looked at the others and found out what he was supposed to do. "Oh, My name is Hyde Penndragon, I'm a dragonslayer. I also killed multiple orcs."

Hyde's life isn't all that interesting, so he doesn't have much to say. Hyde put his armor back on, but took off his helmet, his hair messy after wearing the helmet for too long.
He was passed a bowl of tomato soup, he took a spoon and started helping himself.

He looked outside, Airships adorned with royal blue with gold trimmings armed with ballistas were outside Cedric's home. and a couple surrounded other houses and a few armored men with the same color scheme as the airships were looking at Hyde back. He slid the curtains over the window, giving Hyde at least a bit of comfort, but he could hear windows breaking from outside. A lot yelling were heard, Hyde tried not to think about it by sitting down near the others, listening to their stories. Hyde quickly realized what was happening, he tried not to alarm the others about what was happening outside, but the people who traveled to the Circolum Inferni were being arrested by a strange organization for questioning.

"A sword is sharp, but most who use it aren't"
-Hyde
lilithrie

Character Info
Class:
The other man's story, if it could be called that, was short. Lily's brow knit together when he mentioned dragon slaying. "I've met a few dragons, nice people. Why would you kill them? They have lives of their own, children, even jobs. Silvertail is a wonderful dragon and it's really sad to think that someone would just jump out and try to kill her someday just for the hell of it." She said, obviously disappointed with his chosen career. 

For a while she was oblivious to the sound of yelling, Windows breaking, and all out chaos that was happening nearby. That is until there was a knock at the door. Being the person she was Lily calmly walked to the door and opened it. Outside was a group of armored men in blue and gold uniforms, or a bit too decorative of armor. She took this all in, their attitudes, the screams and yelling, the breaking of things. She put on a pleasant smile and said politely, "Why hello their good sirs. Is there something I can help you with?" She noticed a group of people being dragged off and recognized them as the group of adventurers that had been seen going through one of the portals to another circle of hell ahead of them. Something obviously wasnt right. The auras that surrounded the armed men at the door was one of potential violence. She was worried for those inside. They had just returned from battling so many foes that this new threat of violence was not something she wished upon them. She hadn't recovered Mich of her magic but had enough to do one thing in hopes it would diffuse the situation. She wove magic into her words, a simple spell of charm. "Surely there is no problem here, what would such handsome and strong men such as yourself need with a no one like myself?" Her words were filled with a magic that wrapped around those that heard her speak. A few of the guards blushed, completely taken by the spell, the other guards seemed a bit dazed. One of the blushing guards cleared his throat and couldn't seem to make eye contact. "Ah, sorry to bother you my lady, but did you and your …err…" he looked inside at Cedric and Hyde and Lily filled in the blank, "friends, like family really." The guard nodded almost looking happy at the statement as the magic kept him and the others infatuated with her. "Yes, ah, you and your friends, have you been to Circolum inferni? It is requested that everyone that's been there come with us." Her eyes went wide and her magic wavered and broke. They were collecting people who had been to hell so violently? She couldn't let such a violent fate befall her new friends. "No." She said simply but it was obvious it was a lie, seeing as she hadn't really ever lied much she didn't ha e the practice to make it convincing. She slammed the door in the men's faces and turned to face Hyde and Cedric. "Well that was a failure? Whay do we do now?"
Nyromix

Character Info
Name: Cedric
Class: Commander
Cedric jumped when the men stormed into his home, they started handcuffing his friends, and they were about to go for him until he pulled out a badge that had an eagle and a dragon side by side. The men quickly stood up straight and saluted, he saluted back. "Blacknight Cedric! The chief is looking for you!" Cedric was surprised at the mention of the chief, it's been so long since he's attended work. "Lord Adam needs you and the other Blacknights to guard him during the meeting with the king's advisor" The soldier said, with a yelling voice.

Cedric had a blank look on his face "Why? What? Why are you guys taking people? That's not in your schedule!" Cedric said, looking at a crumpled paper. "Oh, this is outdated"
he sheepishly said "Well, why are you taking innocents anyway?"

The soldier replies "We've arrested all people that's been to the Circolum Inferni for questioning" The soldier orders the others to take his friends away, and he signals Cedric to follow them, Cedric follows the soldiers and once they're back in the main base, he went to the chief and said "Whadd'ya need me for?"

"We need the Blacknights to guard Lord Adam in the meeting with the royalty." The chief replied "It's because Lord Adam doesn't trust the king and he might have hired some hitmen, go to the exclusive armory to suit up, your squadmates should be in there" Cedric used his key to open the door, he saw his old group sitting in the room, playing cards

"Hey, fellas! Good to see ya again!" Cedric greeted his old pals. He took his old armor and weapons and put them on and waited for Lord Adam's signal.

"Part fool, part hero, mostly fool."
lilithrie

Character Info
Class:
The men burst in through the door and slapped handcuffs on her and Hyde.  Then they went for Cedric but he pulled out some badge and they started chatting. Something was wrong though, Lily was listening but couldn't seem to understand what they were saying. She looked around confused. Her magic for translation should be working but it wasnt. She looked down at her hands and lifted the shackles in front of her face and tried to activate her magic to open them,  nothing happened. This was bad. Magic was part of her life, something that courses through her constantly, to not have it was weird, and potentially dangerous. Depending on the way the magic was nullified, something very bad could happen, it would only be a matter of time until she knew.

The guards seemed chatty and she felt so lost as they led her somewhere unknown in her strange isolation. At least Hyde was nearby and that at least gave her some comfort, that is until they were separated. She was led into one dark room while he was led somewhere else. She was accompanied by three of the guards and they searched jer, finding only a folding fan that looked innocent enough, so they let it be. They then sat her down on a chair in the middle of the room. One of them spoke, but she couldn't understand what he said. She looked at him confused. The second one spoke, a bit of violence sounding in his voice. She looked from one to the other, after a few more questions they seemed to be losing patience. She didnt know what to do, she was without her magic. A sharp pain in her heart made her eyes widen. It was as she feared, the way that they were blocking her magic was not just to stop it from activating spells, but a complete block. She didn't have much time. She opened her mouth and said, "Nyke kostagon't shifang dombo." They paused for a moment, looking at her just as confused as she was with them. One of them then had anger flash across their eyes and she received a hard backhand across the cheek with his metal covered hand. He yelled something at her and she flinched as he hit her again. The pain in her chest was growing in waves of intensity. She tasted blood in her mouth as her anger started to simmer. It was obvious she couldn't understand them, so why were they hitting her? Who would just start attacking someone anyways, especially someone who was bound and helpless against them. She looked up at the two with anger growing in her eyes, this only prompted them to strike her again and again.  They said something to the third guard who had entered. She glanced his way for the first time. He was holding onto a spell of some kind, the magic was clearly visible, was that what was blocking her magic? She spoke once more. "Kostilus keligon, lo ao ydra daor, nyke jahor morghuljagon yn nyke jahor gurogon ao rusir issa." The third guard was just staring at her but he smiled as if he knew something the others didnt. His eyes seemed to gleem red in the low light. She recognized those eyes. She had seen them once before, I'm the person that had cursed her not long ago in the Virens forest. She jumped to her feet only to be pushed down by one of the other two guards. The third guards smile widened even more as he started casting another spell alone with his one blocking her magic. She really didn't want to be cursed again, not here. She quickly slid off the chair and tripped one guard and took out her fan, opening it and giving it a bit of a flick small blades protruded from the top. She threw it at the third guard, it hit true, flying deeply into his throat. It stopped his casting of the unknown spell and as he bled out his magic blocking faded as well. The pain in her chest vanished but she was a bit too busy to notice that as the first guard had recovered and the second guard was trying to subdue her once again. She was pretty weak without her magic, but she was fast. Dodging was one of the first things she had learned to do so she was good at escaping their attempts to grab her. 

Finally her magic was back and she could understand the profanities they were throwing at her. "Oh, much better, now I can understand what you're saying again." She said with a smile before letting a bit of electrical energy charge her cuffs, she magnetized them, causing the two parts locked together around each wrist to repel one another and burst apart. She sat back down in the chair and the two guards looked at her confused. "You had questions you wanted to ask, right?" She said, looking from one to the other.  The first guard spoke up after a brief silence, "But you… killed…. you're not trying to escape?" She shook her head. "He was going to do something I did not wish to happen. Don't worry, I won't kill you… unless you deserve it. Now, ask away times wasting. Oh and if you touch me again, I will break you." She ended with a smile her earlier rage and frustration at the lack of being able to communicate subsiding into a soft simmer deep within her heart once again.