Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > An Assassination for good
Alistar Evee

Character Info
Name: Alistar Evee
Alignment: CN
Race: Angel of Death
Class: Healer/Summoner
Silver: 290
Alistar was in trouble. He usually was. But, this time he was in trouble to help others. He may or may not had stolen a large sum from a certain noble that had stolen it from the poor people of this city. But, stealing wasn't enough to stop the beasts. So, he went for the next best thing, assassination. But, his skills weren't enough to deal with these nobles and their guards. So, he needed to hire a bit of…….help. And, this is where we find Alistar, searching through the slums and alleys of the city to find someone. He was told by some, nice people, that there was a great assassin that used telepathy as a weapon. So, he continued looking, asking a few thugs every now and then to see if he was on the right track. Now, he had got himself lost and could not find the said person.

"Has anyone seen a man by the name of Sane? It is really important I find him. It is for the benefit of all of you." Alistar said, looking around to see if there was anyone who had seen him or had heard of where he was. "Anyone? Anyone at all?" Alistar said again, losing hope in finding him.

You are all just pieces of my game. I control the board and your lives with it!
Delusory Demon

Character Info
Name: Sane
Alignment: TN
Race: Human
Class: Psionic Master
Silver: 1337
Sane was making himself a late morning snack when he heard a light knocking on his back door. He reached out with his mind to see who it was and identified it as his regular contact with the underworld here, Henry (short for Henrietta). The girl was plain with mousy brown, limp hair and dull, dead eyes. However, she could brush up quite nicely when she chose to. She could look as rough as an urchin or as respectable as a noble's daughter depending on how she dressed and acted, which made her the perfect choice for a neutral representative. She was also a reliable and independent woman, who Sane had come to respect for her skill. What's more, they had been working alongside each other for quite some time now and knew each other's habits and preferences. For example, he knew she liked to be kept up to date on his working life via semi-informal chats every once in a while so that she could feel included and needed. Likewise, she knew that he didn't like to be disturbed without there being a prior appointment unless something urgent needed to be brought to his attention. It was or this reason that he knew that she must hold some important information.

However, he finished making his sandwich at a leisurely pace, lucked it into a brown paper bag and then went to retrieve his cloak and two daggers, which he sheathed in their usual pace side by side on his right hip. He pulled on his cloak and fastened it, before gently picking up his wingless pixie, Sweetness, and depositing her into the hood behind him . Then he put his sandwich into his bag, along with a few other things and finally made his way to answer the door, bag in hand.

"You took your time," Henry sighed and rubbed her nose, "There is someone causing quite a stir in the rougher alleys a little way from here trying to find you. They keep asking the thugs and gang men where you are and as instructed they have all denied having heard on you. But this person doesn't seem to want to take a hint or give up. He says it is urgent that he finds you and he is starting to attract the attention of many different parties. What do you want is to do? Scare him off, keep denying it or sent him your way?"

Sane cocked his head and paused for a moment, considering. He was bored and his next assignment wasn't due till the beginning of the next week. So he stepped out the door, closing and locking it behind him and said, "Take me to him."

Henry nodded and immediatly set off at a brisk pace, Sane trailing behind. They took the less known routes of the city to stay out of sight and soon arrived at the rougher parts of town, where many burly men nodded a respectful greeting. He was known by a few people here as a regular and capable visitor, although very few people actually knew what he did. Getting involved with Sane's shady networks was more difficult than you would think. Sane wasn't sure exactly how this individual had found out about him but he was thinking that he might have to knock some heads together and then re-teach them the value of silence.

Finally, Henry stopped and pointed to a strange looking male down the end of the street. "That's him." Sane nodded and left her, walked over. The person in question stood out for certain in this neighbourhood, with long, pure white hair down to his ankles, red eyes and undirtied white robes. Then again, Sane was pretty well kept for this area as well. It was just that they were used to seeing him and he knew how to blend in here. When he was close enough, the young telepath waved and spoke.

"Hey there! My name is Sane. I have been told that you were looking for me. Can I help you?"
He smiled confidently as he spoke and hoped to give off a friendly, reassuring vibe.

I would appreciate it if you would reveal all the thoughts of your character in your post so that I can have my character, being a telepath, respond accordingly.
Alistar Evee

Character Info
Alistar stared at the male with a look of confusion. Before his eyes sparkle with a sense of joy. "You are? Yes! Finally! I'm Alistar, it is a pleasure to meet your acquaintance." Alistar said ecstaticly, bowing slightly. "I'm sorry if I caused any trouble. These people weren't much help. Now, I have something urgent to tall to you about. First." He dropped his voice to a low whisper. "How much do you pay? I have quite a bit of coin as well as some of the riches from this job." Alistar smiled cheerfully, his eyes sparkling. "Second, I need your word that you won't destroy anything. If we put anything out of place in this mission then they'll have our heads. Third, we need a base of operations. Sorry, am I overwhelming you? I tend to ramble. This is just going to be a large scale operation that might take awhile if we don't do it right two days from now. I can fill you in on the details later. And not out in the open, I think I'm being spied on. Is there anywhere nearby that could be used as a sanctuary?" Alistar said quickly, his eyes darting around a bit, as if searching for something.

Delusory Demon

Character Info
Sane smiled at the sheer amount that this Alistar could talk. Maybe he would have overwealmed a normal person but Sane was able to read Alisatr's surface thoughts in order to help keep up. He resisted the urge to perform a deep scan on the angel, for that's what his thought and wings both betrayed him to be, because there was no need. All would be revealed in good time. He had already decided to hear whatever Alistar had to say. Such a big job sounded interesting and he had taken a liking to the other male purely because he had the decency to ask about his rate of charge before asking about his sevices.

"Please, follow me Alistar." He said in the direction of the nearby tavern, setting off without looking behind him. The landlord always let him conduct business in the basement in return for his warning the other man off of bad customers and then sharing a few snippets of gossip ever now and again. He continued talking to Alistar with the assumption that the other was following, "I shall take you to one of the many places I often have reserved for organising work. There we can speak with no fear of espianage or interferance. What's more, I think I can offer you a free consultation about your job because of your splendid manners."

This would have sounded very generous to most, though this was not really the case. He was being sly with words and meanings as usual. His tone may have actually sounded quite patronising to the clued in individual and what's more, the 'free consultation' only meant he wouldn't charge the angel to ask about employing him. Still, he was genuinely interested in hearing what the other male wanted, from his mouth or his mind, and was being more polite to him than he usually was to new customers.

I would appreciate it if you would reveal all the thoughts of your character in your post so that I can have my character, being a telepath, respond accordingly.
Alistar Evee

Character Info
"First, a free consultation does not mean how much I need to pay. I don't need to consult this so that is void. Second, I'm not a child, I should be older than you. And isn't it polite to respect your elders? So trying to patronize me isn't very respectful." Alistar smiled as he followed along, surprising himself that he was able to hear the man's patronizing tone. "Though I do say that you were very good at hiding it. I almost didn't recognize it. Though your speech tone was what tipped me off. I'm sorry, I should've told you earlier, but I am able to read the emotions of others. So your vibe was also kinda giving it off." Alistar smiled innocently. 'But if he does anything I find to be, 'out of place' in the operation I may just have to kill him on the spot. Too bad for him I guess.'

Delusory Demon

Character Info
Sane laughed. He had read Alistar's mind about trying to kill him and he would have liked to see the angel try. However, he refrained from saying anything provocative lest he anger his customer further.

"So you are really so sure you want to hire me that you don't want to discuss the terms? You must have heard good things about me." They finally arrived at the Inn and Sane held the door open for Alister to go inside, wondering if the gesture was 'respectful' enough. He certainly wasn't worried about treating Alistar all that reverently, seeing as he had been in the minds of cratures hundreds of years old before.t He began walking again, "This way down to the basement. Once there we can talk about the details. But if you are so desperate to learn about the price now then I would guess around eighty silver pieces for a task of the magnitude you describe."

Sane now led them down a narrow winding staircase to a small dimly lit room with a single table and two chairs either side. It looked almost like an interrogation cell. He gestured for Alistar to make himself comfortable.

"One question before we begin… how did you come to hear of me?I am usually very careful about making myself difficult to find so that I don't get swamped with petty jobs. And also for legal reasons."

The young telepath sat and unfastened his cloak to take it off carefully. He didn't want to disturb Sweetness still sleeping in his hood. He placed the garment and the pixie in a ball on his lap and began to idly stroke her head with his pinkie finger while lounging back in the uncomfortable wooden seat. He would get out their sandwiches when she woke up.

In the meantime, he flashed Alistar an encouraging smile as he waited expectantly for him to reveal both the reason and the means for his presence. He was most intrigued as to what has compelled such persistence in the other individual that his contacts had seen fit to make him aware of the situation.

Alistar Evee

Character Info
"Well, I had heard of you after the many times I had to send someone to contact you. You see, I had worked for a noble that was a wicked man. He had always wanted someone killed to help himself gain power. I was done with him after so many years of his cruelty. But now, he seems to have been getting worse. Along with his other noble cronies. They have been ordering thugs to loot towns and give a majority of the money to them. So, I needed them dead." Alistar said as he sat down. "But, I never thought that it would be only eighty. I am willing to pay more, if it is convenient." Alistar rummaged around in his bag before taking out bag of coins. "Now, do you prefer to be played before or after?"

Delusory Demon

Character Info
It was unusual that someone came to Sane with such an honourable job in mind. The noble intentions of the angel impressed him and he nodded thoughtfuly as Alistar explained the situation. The assassination of multiple nobles was a tall order to be sure so the telepath understood why Alistar offered him more money. But again, it was strange to find someone who would try to give more and not less. Most people would try to wiggle out of giving every penny they could and Sane usually had to be quite firm and tricksy in order to get them to pay up. Very rarely he evem had to resort to threats and violence to get them to part with their coin. But not so today, apparently.

He had quoted the angel with a very low price in order to get the customer to bite. He was interested in this mission. It sounded like a fun challange and as a bonus he would get to kill killers worse than himself. That always made him feel supirior. So it was around this point that he had planned to start weaseling up the price with excuses about expenses, risks and problems that weren't really there. Now instead he decided to try a more honest approach and see how the other male took it.

"Okay, here is how it is," He stated blandly, "Because this is the assassination of multiple people and I must be extra careful to not draw attention to the incident due to their high status in society, I want 40 silver coins deposit now and eighty when I'm done. That covers all expensis and set backs but it is also non-negotiable. My other terms are that I can do this in my own way and that you provide me with all the information that I need to know. You may help if you wish but you may not tell me what to do or hinder me in my work. This here is my field of expertise and so I get the final say on what is done and when. I'll need to know the names of your targets before I agree but then we can shake hands on it and start discussing the finer details."

At this point, Sane felt Sweetness beginning to stir but he paid her no mind for the moment. He needed to devote his whole attention to the other while they sorted this initial 'contract' out because it was a very serious business for the both of them. Alistar needed to agree with no regrets or worries else he might not sleep at night for years. At least, that's what happened to a vast majority of people that hired others to kill without thinking. Likewise, Sane needed to make sure he didn't miss any important details regarding the work and to make sure he didn't accidentally agree to assassinate the King. Because that might be one of the few things in life that would be a deadly undertaking for him. The royal family, with their vast wealth, would buy the services of mages as good as himself to track him down and that would most likely be the end of Sane. He chuckled darkly at the thought. As if it were even possible for him to make mistakes like that.

Alistar Evee

Character Info
"Alright, let's see." Alistar looked through his bag, pulling things out that looked bizarre and odd. "I'm sorry, I had a note that had the names. But I seem to have lost it somewhere. Oh wait! I haven't check it yet. Sona! I need you, wake up." Alistar smiled as a bunny plush hopped out of the bag and landed on the ground, it's eyes shiny and unemotional. Alistar picked up the plush and reached into it's back, a void appearing. He pulled out a tint piece of paper and the void closed. "Ah! Here it is! Let's see. I have quite an assortment. The leader of the group is Sariel. With the others being Ghadon, Shardon, Melosida, and Finare. Do you recognize any of these?" Alistar asked, reaching through the void again from the back of the plush to pull out a sack of coins. "There, that should be the payment up front. I hope you are okay with this. I swear it'll take me forever to right the wrongs I did to collect the coin in order to help these people. I just hope this will pay a bit of it." Alistar laughed, a quiet, almost sad laugh. "Have you ever had a time where you had to do wrong to do right? But you feel as though the right doesn't compensate for the wrong?" Alistar asked, his face unreadable. 'I just hope I can do enough for all of them. None of them will ever die again.' Alistar thought, a picture of a group of children and himself appearing in his mind. The children were all smiling widely with joy in their eyes. While Alistar held two of the youngest, smiling serenely. They stood in front of a wall that looked like it hadn't been cleaned since it had been put up, broken down and deserted.