Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Your kind isnt allowed here (open)
Elvenroyalty

Character Info
Name: Valindra Evantis
Alignment: LG
Race: Dracholmian sun elf
Class: Support ranger.
Silver: 15
The elven refugees have had a harsh past… They were scared away from their home by a massive orcish army that would kill them and the survivors would face slavery under their reign wich is a fate far worse than death. They were often called cowards or weakilings for not holding ground and defending their capitol and running away, for this reason they were treated badly by others everywhere they went, they were oftenly restricted access to a city and no hold has ever allowed them inside their walls so far. The princess herself often scouted ahead in her leather clothing and dressings covering them. She had a cute face but her elven ears if what oftenly got them kicked out. She carried a halberd like staff in her arms and while her leather clothing and green ish robes over them made her look more like a ranger, the fact that the halberd was equiped with a large crystal and the fact that it seemed to be glowing it was quite obvious she was a mage. She was carrying a bag of precious circlets and treasure, she was planning to trade these for supplies to feed her kingdom. The first store rudely rejected her though, simply telling her that her kind isnt allowed in town, in the next store the storekeeper would buy it but not at the right price, his firm price was barely worth the value of the small locket that kept the headdress together. Angrily the royalty walked through the city, holding the bag close. The combined value of this was more then the whole district she was in. Suddenly though, someone tried to take it from her, a human could sell it at the legit price it was worth. "HELP! THEFT! SOMEONE HELP ME!" Though, despite it happening in broad daylight and in the middle of a large crowd, no one bothered to help the girl.

none yet lulz
Mezereon

Character Info
Name: Mezereon
Alignment: CN
Race: Elven Deva
Class: Diviner
Silver: 0
Liselotte was strolling down the streets of her hometown enjoying the warm Ignius air. She had just come back from an enjoyable luncheon with her former professor and was spending some time to give her legs a little exercise. It was business as usual when she heard the cry of someone being robbed. Surprised that the citizens were unusually apathetic today, she chose to intervene. Striding up to the source of the shout she saw an elven woman dressed in exquisite finery. Royalty or nobility, perhaps? A poor choice of attire, seeing that it was a dead giveaway for pickpockets and those with sticky fingers to take her as an easy target. The alchemist was a half-elf, not that it was obvious due to inheriting more traits from her dear father with the aesthetic beauty of her mother. 

"Where did he go, my lady? Did you get a good look at the thief's face? There's no time to lose if you want to catch him and make him return what he had taken from you." She tapped the end of her bo staff on the ground, awaiting the woman's reply. Catching a thief wasn't difficult, but it would certainly help if the victim had at least caught a glimpse of who they needed to look for.

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."
Elvenroyalty

Character Info
She was hyperventilating, those treasures could keep her people fed for weeks and they were the most value she could get. "He was Orcish! Oh please help me get it back! If i can get that bag to the right people i can raise enough money to build a new home! He went that way, will you please help me?" She held her halberd staff in a way that implied that she was ready to make a move to get her treasure back. 

none yet lulz
Mezereon

Character Info
Liselotte's lips pressed into a thin line, but she returned to her pleasant smile. "That's rather vague for a description, seeing as there are many orcs who pass through the city everyday. But, it'll have to do." Without further ado, she gingerly folded her dress as she lowered herself closer to the ground by a patch of grass. As a druid with the powers of the earth flowing in her veins, she was also blessed with the power to converse with the simplest of creatures–flora. Whispering she asked, "Did you feel which way they went?" Keeping quiet to listen, she rose when she received its answer. "Thank you, little one." Turning to face the elven woman, she beckoned her to follow. "There's no time to waste miss, they've told me your thief went in that direction, and by the looks of things they're aiming to make a getaway at the docks."

Her pace quickened as she moved on to a light jog, eyes on the lookout for any orcish people who were particularly in a hurry. Should she catch sight of them, she already had a thousand and one ways in mind to deal with the ruffian. And none of them would be particularly pleasant.

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin."
Elvenroyalty

Character Info
She gasped and almost panicked, she held her staff in one hand and began running as fast as she could, checking if Liselotte was still following, she doubted she could handle a hulking orc with companions on her own, even if she was decently skilled at meelee combat. With someone on her side though, she wasnt scared to rush towards the docks to pick a fight with the one who stole from her, pretty soon they both arrived there… Valindra was a fairly fast woman so keeping up with her wasnt terribly easy, she did oftenly wait up for Liselotte when she lost her in the crowds… Soon she began yelling. "There! There he is!!!" The orcish wasnt near a ship, but he did seem to be close to a crew of buccaneers…

none yet lulz
Mezereon

Character Info
The elven woman soon cried out when she caught sight of the thief, and soon so did she. He was near a group of pirates, likely as a member or to pawn them off for a premium. Regardless of their intentions, she had them all entangled by brambles within seconds. The vines grew high, dangling them like hams hanging to dry. Keeping herself at a distance, the alchemist began to manipulate the plant growth using it to probe and check every single one of them until she found the bag of stolen gems. "Now let's see what you have here….ah here it is." The thorny tendril snaked its way around the orc, pulling the prize out from wherever he had been hiding it. When the tangled people tried to protest and struggle, Liselotte made the vines cover their mouths to muffle them. The vine creeped towards the elf mage, presenting the bag. "Well here you are miss, next time be more careful with your belongings." The half-elf said smiling.

Elvenroyalty

Character Info
She watched as the tendrils wrapped around the thieves. She gracefully took the bag of treasure from the plant vines and quickly got a wide smile on her face. "Thank you, so much. Can i ask you of a final favor, though? I see that the people in this city do not reject you for your elven blood. I cannot sell these at a price that can support my people because im an elf. Could you maybe, go sell these for me at a pawn shop? I'll give you a cut off the money but i just need the funds, my people are starving…"

none yet lulz
Mezereon

Character Info
"Of course you may. Though I am curious as to why the folk here seem to be so particular towards you. I don't recall Adeluna having distinct discrimination over elves. My mother's side of the family are of pure elven heritage." The entire situation had been rather strange to Liselotte. There was this woman of status, and the unusual attitude people displayed towards her. The kingdom of Adeluna had its share of elven immigrants and citizens from all walks of life. Therefore the only logical explanation for their exclusive treatment of this noblewoman was likely political. "If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? Are you from Endapano or Sidhiel?" Those where the two largest settlements almost exclusively populated by elves. She hazarded a guess that the woman might be from the latter, as it had been recently discovered.

Taking a look at the valuables the woman wished to sell, the half-elf put on her best smile as she explained to her. "Milady, I'm afraid even if I were to sell these for you not a single pawn shop in the kingdom would be able to give you the price they deserve. I see you wish to procure funds for your people as quickly as possible, however you should at least try to obtain the greatest possible retail value from them. I would suggest selling these to a trader, specifically one who supplies craftsmen. Skilled jewelers will be more than happy to pay their worth in gold for such high quality metals and cut stones. I happen to know of a place for that, however you must promise me that you won't ask where they will be sold to." Knowing how her words could be misinterpreted, she continued. "They can be bought by a reputable buyer, rest assured. The reason why I do not wish to disclose who I plan to sell them to is due the matter being a point of misunderstanding. People often have fall into the bad habit of overgeneralizing all members of a race under the same set of expectations."

That particular place in question, was Yovaesh–the island community of orcish craftsmen. Although Adeluna was a large city, the common folk's perception of orcs in general were behind the times. Yes, there were orc raiders up in the northern part of Canelux, but the Yovaeshi orcs were different. They people on the island were learned men and women who rejected the life of violence their ancestors had lived long ago in exchange for a new lot in life. Though not a financial powerhouse like Egjora or a religious site like Abed, Yovaesh exported some of the best quality metalwork and artisan crafts in the world. But even after years of making a name for themselves the Yovaeshi orcs still struggled against the old preconceptions of their race based on the past.