Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Ode to Dalanesca [GO]
boneami

Character Info
Name: Marthaen
Alignment: TG
Race: Ruby Gemstone Dragon
Class: Fire breather.
Silver: 2570
For months now, he'd stayed by her side, watching her grow weaker even as her pain increased. When she passed out he'd leave her side to try to find some way, any way to help her but after a time he only left her side so she wouldn't see him weep. He tried every healer, spent all his money on every fake cure out there in the desperate hope that one might be the real thing. Most made no difference some even made it worse and now he spent his days and nights with all hope spent. Finally came a day he thought could never be, the day he gave up. He'd known in his head for a long while that he must accept and let her go, though his heart denied it. But now, though her eyes were wide open, she could no longer see, she writhed in pain too weak to even scream. He knelt by her bed, took her hand and called out to the Dark Mother, “Please Holy One hear my plea. Tis thee and thee alone that may end her torment now. I know I am least among your supplicants but she believed in you and it is for her that I speak now. Verily 'an I have feared to see thy beautiful and terrible countenance but it was never so for her. She spoke of all the Gods and though many fear you she knew that you are as important as any other and I know that now she would welcome thine cold embrace. Without you her suffering will never end. I would give you anything to have her taken from her pain but… I have nothing a Goddess would need or want. I have thought of you often of late so I give you the only thing I can…” He bowed his head and in a high sweet voice he began to sing.

She can't choose sides.
Neither wrong or right.
She's in evry' game,
She is evry' pain…
And she won't be denied.

She will leave you cold,
She will take the young
if their time has come
but the lucky die old.

On a pale horse
she rides,
on a straight course
through the night.
Ride, death, ride!

But if you suffer needlessly,
with your eyes open wide.
She is the agent that can set you free.
Hard to think her on your side…

So ride, death, ride.
Don't pass her by.
Nothing's as sure
as that you're the cure…

for the pains of life.
She can't choose sides.Neither wrong or right.She's in evry' game,She is evry' pain…And she won't be denied.She will leave you cold,when her hands lay hold.She will take the youngif their time has come but the lucky die old.On a pale horseshe rides,on a straight coursethrough the night.Ride, death, ride!But if you suffer needlessly,with your eyes open wide.She is the agent that can set you free.Hard to think her on your side…So ride, death, ride.Don't pass her by.Nothing's as sureas that you're the cure…for the pains of life.

You said start a fire! You didn't say how big.