Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Kingdom of Adeluna > Adeluna City > Seaside Festival [ For The Lone Fisherman ]
Naota

Character Info
Name: Naota
Alignment: CG
Race: Former Deity
Class: Former Deity of Light and Dreams
Silver: 12527
It wasn’t often he found a place that could rival the bias taste he had for the sea fare of his homeland.  If ever there was a place then it was Adeluna.  The kingdom being on the coast wasn’t the only advantage it had over most other places in Canelux, but more the fact that there were so many people that lived here and passed through every day.  People of all kinds could be seen on the streets at any given time, and that many people always meant a melting pot of culture.  With that came vast types of clothing, though the traditional garb of the region was usually most in fashion, but there was also food, entertainment, wares, weaponry: the possibilities seemed endless.

How different it was from Ataiyo, where passed on tradition and the old ways reigned supreme.  Not that he had any problem with that, and it was usually something so different than other locations in Revaliir that those that visited found it intriguing.  But as much as he loved his home, he still found within himself peace from seeing so many different kinds interacting with each other.  In a profession that usually led him towards the dark and foreboding it was nice to see glimmers of hope for this world.

Presently he was walking along one of the many docks of Adeluna.  It seemed there was a festival in celebration of the bounty of the ocean, and each dock was decorated from head to toe in whatever way the vendors had decided.  He was surprised the dockings could hold so much weight and suspected that there was a touch of magick used to aid in that.  

As he walked through the hustle of people he decided it would be good to find something to eat.  There was a hunt he had to attend to the day after next, so unfortunately his time in the kingdom would only be enough to pass through.  He counted himself lucky for making the cut through Adeluna during the time of a festival.

The happy plucking of lute strings and children running around in excitement had him thinking of Holly and he smiled imagining her here.  No doubt she would have been entertaining any and everyone with her playing.  For all he knew she was somewhere mixed within the crowd, they always did tend to run into each other when least expected.

He stopped at a stand, smiling to the vendor and ordering himself something simple but easy to carry: skewered cod, the skin slightly charred but that only helped bring out the sweetness of the spices and sauces it had been grilled in.  He paid for his food, leaving more than was expected for he always had plenty to spare, and made his way to the edge of the dock.  

When he got to the end he sat down, holding the wooden skewer between his teeth as he undid the straps and buckles of his boots and then let his legs dangle over the edge.  The tips of his toes could just barely brush along the cool surface of the water, and he took his skewer in hand and began to eat as he looked out over the horizon. 

God Rules:
i. Has the ability to put any target into a deep sleep.
ii. Unmatched in holy magicks as well as light magicks.
iii. Can shatter illusions by bending the light to show the truth.
[ OOC: My main account but one of many! :D - Anton ]
The Lone Fisherman

Character Info
Name: Kreed
Alignment: TG
Race: Blessed Human
Class: Monk/Wanderer
Silver: 12
The old monk loved the city of Adeluna. He stopped himself short and felt he should rephrase that statement in his thoughts. He loved the water of Adeluna. Obviously the closer you came to the city the more polluted the aqueous habitat became. Regardless the water seemed cleaner and more clear here than most places that Kreed traveled. The wildlife of the ocean were thriving and the water was comfortably warm. To top it off the coast of Adeluna was holding a seaside festival celebrating everything that The Lone Fisherman held dear: freedom, sailing, cooking, art, music, and of course fishing. Kreed held a firm belief that in order to have a firm harmony within yourself you must learn to celebrate the good when the time permits and mourn the sorrowful when the agenda calls for it. Right now he was celebrating.

The old man couldnt help himself when he found that lowly seaside dock next to the vendor tents of the festival. He stripped off his ropes, grabbed his trident, and dived into the ocean looking for fresh conch meat. There was nothing better than diving for fresh conch shells, cracking them open, and eating the (proper) delicious parts inside. Kreed thought it tasted very similar to a coconut slathered in butter with a slight fishy flavor. The raw meat of the the mollusc was one of his favorites.

In the ocean he cast his Breath of Ki ability to allow for water breathing and ultimately longer time under the beautiful water. The sunlight danced and reflected off of the surface of the ocean making a beautiful atmosphere of serenity here in the shallow waters. The Lone Fisherman felt the strength of the water spirits all around him and felt more natural here than he did above the surface. (Natural meaning the ability to perform more naturally and not natural in the sense that he was now nude diving for conch meat.) He dived with more haste until he found the perfect outcropping of underwater stones that were decorated with coral and moss. He gently lifted stones to the side and watched the grains of sand lift up and gently float on the moving tide. He pushed aside more stones that were forming a tent shape and found the treasure he was looking for. There were not one but two of the delicious molluscs!

Grinning at his luck, the monk gently pried on of them off the rock it was attached to. The other conch was attached to some kind of stone that pulled very easily off the ocean floor. It seemed so light for a stone.

Curiously, Kreed rolled the stone around in his hands. As it turned over he found himself staring into two empty sockets. It wasnt a stone at all but a human skull.

Startled, the Lone Fisherman dropped the skull and it gently floated to the sandy floor once again. Meditating on what he discovered and regaining his composure, Kreed picked up the skull again and let the conch attached to it go. He would regive the opportunity of life for leading him to this new discoverey.

The skull was lighter than stone, yet still seemed heavy compared to bones that Kreed has handled before. The hard material also seemed darker than the ivory normally found in an individual. Not just from being immersed in water but dark all the way through the skull. It didnt seem like an ivory white at all but an ashy gray color. The final oddity that the monk noticed was the the skull was human in shape yet held very prominent fangs.

Kreed tilted his head in confusion and decided he should take this to the surface with his conch meal. Maybe someone in the festival could explain what this was. He kicked off the sandy floor and headed back up towards the dock. He kicked and kicked until the old man finally broke the surface, nude, and staring right up into the eyes of a young man sitting at the dock where he left his belongings.

Naota

Character Info
As he finished his grilled cod he used the pointed edge of the skewer to pick between his teeth and then slid the wooden stick into his pocket for later disposal.  Stomach satisfied and nostalgia well-nourished he gently gripped the edge of the dock.  His feet slowly moved back and forth in a light kick as he looked out over the water and his eyelids drooped from the light trace of the cool water against his toes.  Though his eyes widened when he heard the disturbance of water and he quickly lifted his feet up, pulling them under himself as he looked down into the face of a very naked man.

His lips parted, well that was unexpected.  The green of his eyes flashed to a deep sapphire but it was brief when he caught sight of the skull he was holding.  The fact of his nudeness was pushed to the back of his thoughts as he recognized the extended canines, well in actuality they weren’t truly canine teeth at all given the creature that bore them.  But seeing as it was a skull and not the actual vampire itself there was no tension.  He respectfully brought his eyes back up to the man’s face, realizing that thus far he’d stared at him wide eyed and then looked at something he’d had on his person.

A nervous smile formed as he struggled to find the right words for this otherwise comical situation, somehow a simple introduction didn’t seem appropriate, but he tried his best,

“G-Good afternoon…”  He looked over his own shoulder briefly, back at the many stands and people on the dock and then back down to him in the water.  His eyes always stayed with his, respectfully so, “Would you like to come onto the dock…?  I may have something you could wrap around yourself in the meantime…”  Not that nudity bothered him particularly, but he knew it wasn’t customary to walk around unclothed, especially at a festival.

His head tilted to the side inquisitively, “If you don’t mind me asking, that skull you have with you: is this where you found it…?”  He wanted to hold it, study it, figure out who it might have been even…a bit of morbid curiosity that even he couldn’t deny.  But he wasn’t sure if it was something he needed or if he had a reason to keep it in the first place.

God Rules:
The Lone Fisherman

Character Info
The old monk was surprised that the boy caught him unawares. It was probably the fact that he let his "celebratory" attitude go to far. Maybe the fact that he was hungry and was totally focused on fishing for the conch meat. Maybe it was from the mysteriously, dark, new find that he held under his arms.

The Lone Fisherman cackled loudly.

"He he he. I apologize for my unashamed appearance my young man. It seems that you have literally caught me *ahem* out in the open. No, no don't concern yourself with trying to cover me up. I left my belongings at the end of the dock. If you would pardon my rudeness…"

The monk gently tossed the skull onto the wooden dock where it made a remarkably heavy noise, more noisy than a skull should have made. The monk reached up with both hands and hoisted himself up onto the wooden platform above the water. The monk was indeed old, He showed the natural signs of age which include silvery hair, wrinkled and tired eyes, and a small frame. However, despite his small frame, he was also full of sinew and vigor which gave evidence to a long life of dedication and hard training to the hardening of mind, body, and spirit.

As he steadied himself he tried to quickly, while holding onto as much dignity as he could, walk over to his belongings and began to wrap his robe around his naked form. He left his fishing pole and other items where they were knowing that he owed the boy an apology.

He turned around and bowed deeply at his company.

"I apologize again for my improper appearance. I did not know anyone else would be on this dock at this time. Allow maybe I should have expected it being a festival and all. Even the majestic whale is forgetful, yes? He he he."

Remembering the skull and the question the boy poised to him he continued to explain himself.

"As far as the possession of this…skull…goes, as I was diving I cam across it in the low tide here near the dock. I know how it must seem, me holding a skull in my hands, but I promise it is not my doing. Although, the skull does seem a tad odd to my old eyes and I was just about to go and ask someone about its peculiar nature."

Seeing the intent expression on the boys face he couldn't help but wonder if this boy knew something about it.

"I am terribly sorry. Three times I have been rude this evening and I will surely be cursed. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Kreed. I am a Monk of the Waters. I notice that you might know a thing or two about this find, yes? So in the pattern of formality I shall ask what may I call you?"

Naota

Character Info
His smile slowly widened as the other spoke, always amused when people thought he was young.  Not in a bad way though, not at all, but from the looks of this fellow it was probably safe to say that the two of them were nearly the same age.  Sometimes being frozen at such a young age physically was a blessing, other times it caused him trouble.  Luckily today was not the latter and he moved himself further to the side to allow him an easier passage in pulling himself up onto the wood.  

However, his eyes stayed on the tossed skull as the man retrieved his robing, and he brought it closer to himself: palm turned up in wait for it as it lifted up from the dock and floated into his hand, dripping water as it did so.  It was heavy, smooth, but very much deteriorated.  If he were able to crack it open, pull out the teeth and measure the cracks of the crown he’d have an easier time figuring out which sire line this might have come from.  He looked back up at him, dipping his head in respect to his bow and then lightly touched the spot next to him at the edge of the dock: offering him a place to sit.

“It’s quite an event to make your acquaintance Kreed,” His smile lightened as did his eyes, “My name is Naota Uharu, and you’re very right: I do know a thing or two about this skull.”  He looked back down at it, turning it skillfully between his fingers.   “My family is a long line of vampire hunters, it’s a bit of an obsession for us to learn as much as we can and that’s exactly what this is.”  His eyes narrowed on the empty eye sockets as if there was still a soul inhabiting them.

“This fellow has been deceased for quite some time.  Actually,” He paused, carefully prying open the jaw with as much precision as he could to make sure it wouldn’t crack or flake, “I believe we have a woman here.”  He smiled and looked back to Kreed, “A good find indeed.  She’s been resting on that floor for at least ten years.  You are most definitely innocent.”  He winked at him, the smile shifting to a light but playful smirk as he rested the skull in his lap.

“What brings you here today if not the festival?”  His eyebrows rose in question, keeping his eyes with Kreed’s.

God Rules:
The Lone Fisherman

Character Info
The Lone Fisherman was surprised when the skull lifted up from the dock and to the boys hand. Perhaps there was more to this young lad than met the eye.

The boy introduced himself as Naota. He then expressed that he did indeed know about the skull and that it was that of a female vampire. He also exclaimed he was a vampire hunter himself.

"Ten years dead?" Kreed exclaimed as he caught up with what Naota was saying. "Isn't that still recent? I was under the impression vampires were extinct in this area for up to a hundred years or more."

This news troubled the monk somewhat; vampires were no laughing matter. They were extremely deadly and liked to cause trouble wherever they went. Kreed once met a vampire captain of a pirate crew who were stealing kingdom coin as they preyed on the coast. The monk had a very difficult time in apprehending the blood-sucker.

Kreed continued, "As to why I am here in Adeluna, I mainly came here seeking trouble… so to speak. I am a Monk of the Waters and go where I am needed to bring peace to those who wish to find it. And stop those who wish to cause chaos. What brings you here Naota?"

Naota

Character Info
His lips parted, eyebrows raising to the man’s surprise at vampires having still been a very real entity in this part of the world.  There were times where he wished that were not the case, even if it meant less jobs for him and his family to do.  Still, it would be a fantastic reason to be without a profession: better that than the nuisance continue.  At least now he was able to meet with those that weren’t a threat to humans or other such mortals.  He was still conflicted, having been raised in such a way to have an automatic response against them, but the years had brought new outlooks and findings that even he couldn’t ignore.  I suppose that’s one good thing about out living most people…  It left him more time to think.

“Unfortunately they are not.  And most that still remain have learned not to go about as brutally as their ancestors before them.  There are still those that cause problems, but they’re sorted through pretty quickly by not only others like me, but their own kind.  A murderer is a murderer, be they vampire or not and in my opinion the world is better off without a mindless killer.”  Which is what he had been trying to lean his hunts towards now.  In the past he couldn’t have cared less about the reason someone had put a kill out for a vampire, now he was trying to narrow it down to only those that caused a very real threat.  It was difficult, and while he knew his parents or siblings would never say so out loud, he knew they held a level of disapproval for his decision.

His smile returned with his following words, “A shining example, I commend you for your efforts.”  It warmed him to see compassion towards their fellow man and he looked back towards the families and anyone else enjoying the festivities, speaking to Kreed as he did so, “With any luck you won’t need to assist too much today.  It would be a shame for anyone here to cause dangerous trouble that would require you to step in…Perhaps that means that you can enjoy a day to yourself.”  He looked back at him, his smile softening, “Everyone deserves time to themselves and rest from the everyday struggle, or so that’s what a friend of mine keeps trying to tell me.”

When he asked him why he was here he looked out, lips pulling in as he thought about the most tactful way to answer that, especially given that they were just speaking about it before.  His feet lightly kicked, bringing up the water slightly from the touch of his toes against its surface, “I’m actually only passing through and was lucky enough to come during the time of a festival.  I have work to attend to elsewhere and Adeluna was the quickest passage unless I wanted to teleport.”  He looked back over at him, “Sometimes it’s better taking the long way, in my opinion.”

God Rules: