Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Jasumin Lake > Wolves in the Forest [P/R]
Pravarsha

Character Info
Name: Pravarsha
Alignment: TN
Race: Air Djinn
Class: Wish Granter
Silver: 348
“You’re going to stay with me forever… Right, Viktor?” Cheerful eyes looked up.

“As long as I’m alive,” Viktor replied as he patted her on her small head. “You need to stay awake longer though or else you’ll sleep our time away!”

“I’m going to do my best!”

Life was rough and uneasy for those who traveled the roads. Dark places were often filled with creatures who hungered for flesh. The wilds sang a different song than that which was sung in the cities. A scream, a plight, or a cry would go unnoticed for miles.

There had been many miles to go before they could rest as they had been traveling by foot from Baltil to Nisshoki. Their road was cut short was growls in the night. “Prav, get in the lamp… That’s an order,” he had never spoken to her like that in the six years they had been together. He had happened across her lantern in the fish market of all places. Just thrown aside as the daily trash had been.

Her last master had been looking for someone who could do a big wish. Had gone out of his way to find one of the many Djinns that had been created by the Warding Witch of the Mist. When Pravarsha had not been able to fulfill his request out of duty the man had broken the contract using a mage from the outlands. Not caring where she would end up she somehow made it to the fish markets where Viktor had found the still-burning lantern. Color him surprised when he found her. She had been crying for a long time.

Djinn didn’t like to be thrown away. She wasn’t useless but she couldn’t do the one thing that man had asked for. It wasn’t in hers or anyone’s power.

Cut to that night in the woods near the mountain and Pravarsha was scared. She wasn’t a fighter and despite what Viktor had hoped she wasn’t built for it. She was strong though and could easily fight her way through but her gentle heart stopped her from hurting even the tiniest gnat.

“He’s not coming back is he?” Pravarsha’s voice carried to her companion inside the lamp.

“It sounds like he’s running… You should sleep Prav. Maybe the Young Master will be fine.”

“…You shouldn’t lie Ambuj,” her eyes were full of sadness as she pulled a bunch of blankets over her. It looked more like a mountain when she was done.

“I just didn’t want to break your heart,” the tiny fairy dragon perched himself upon a bar and listened as the lantern was thrown far. The last thing that boy wanted was for the lantern to get destroyed. “Silly boy, this lantern is djinn magic… Nothing can break it without Prav wanting it,” the words were low as he too closed his eyes.

Who knew how long it was before the still-burning white lantern was found.

Zouyu

Character Info
Name: Zouyu
Alignment: TG
Race: Mythical Beast
Class: Primal Guardian
Silver: 0
With soundless steps, a great beast bounded through the golden boughs and waves of grass. Birds scattered and insects flew, then returned to their resting places. As it leaped across a small hill, it passed by a herd of deer grazing in the plains. Not a single doe or buck lifted their head at the beast's presence, as they all knew it would never prey on them. With a form and countenance as fierce as a tiger's, black spots and stripes formed patterns in its silver fur. Its eyes were a warm gold, just like the forests of Jasumin. Rabbits, squirrels, and even the mischievous fox merely gave a passing glance when he went by. It was an act of acknowledgement, but one founded in trust instead of fear. The only creatures who were in danger were those with evil and impurity in their hearts. He did not oppose the natural order of the world nor did he forbid taking what was needed. But when blood was spilled and lives were taken unnecessarily, one should hope that they met the qilin instead of him. The qilin's horns were quick, and in the blink of an eye it would be done. 

This was his land, the domain which he so steadfastly guarded. He was not its lord, like what the humans and other mortal beings would think. He is purpose was to protect that which could not protect itself, to give a voice and a will to the land. He was Zouyu–a name given to him by the people who dwelled in the mountains and plains. The great beast came to a halt as the wind shifted and carried the scent of blood. With swift strides, the beast charged forward. Pushing himself to run faster, he followed the trail until he came across a grisly sight. Dark red stained the golden grass as the remains of a poor soul marred the idyllic field, the victim of a violent death. With his supernatural sight, he saw the lingering wisps about the corpse, as well as the spirit trail of those who had committed the terrible deed. The malevolent energy left behind in their wake was still thick. They were still nearby. A new scent trail guided him deeper into the woodlands, towards the foothills before the great Baltil Mountains. The malevolence was growing stronger by the minute the closer the beast came towards the perpetrators. Whoever they were, they would face retribution for defiling these grounds with such cruelty.

A group of wolves were on their way back to their den after a successful hunt. It had been easy pickings, a single traveler on the road with no others riding along. The shifters were now searching for more fulfilling prey to track down. The sound of a rushing wind filled the trees as the branches and treetops began to sway. Like a sudden tempest, a great silver creature as large as a dragon emerged and towered over them. Sharp feline eyes glowered from above as it snarled, revealing its great fangs. And before the pack could do anything, the great beast let out a deafening roar that shook them to their very soul. 

"Your very souls reek with malevolence. Even now the blood of your victims cry out from the earth for revenge!
You have committed sacrilege upon these sacred grounds, and now your retribution is at hand!"

Baring his fangs, the sinews of his body tensed as if preparing to strike. Then–suddenly from behind the wolves burst another creature resembling a chimera of deer and dragon! With shining horns and breathing flame, the kirin took them by surprise. In the blink of an eye, its hooves plunged into a wolf's chest. Fresh blood splattered the trees as sharp antlers gored the body of another, then it turned to charge one who was trying to flee. In the span of a few minutes, the scaled mythical beast had torn the blackguards apart. With smoke pouring form its nostrils, it torched the corpses with an enchanted fire that reduced everything into ash. 

Zouyu had merely watched in passive silence as the kirin punished the evildoers. Once its work was done, the beasts exchanged glances of acknowledgement before the chimeric creature turned on its hoof and dashed away. With peace returned to the region once more, he turned back to where the wolves' victim had lain. He would give the poor soul a proper burial and return them to the earth. Standing before the corpse, the great feline beast shrunk until it took the form of a man with hair and eyes of the same colors. Whispered words in an ancient tongue were spoken over the body, then with a shovel, he proceeded to dig a grave. Smoothing out the surface of the dirt mound, Zouyu caused fresh blades of grass to sprout on the soil. Mixed in were the seedlings of wild sunflowers to guide the deceased towards the heavens in its passing. The heads of those golden flowers would always look towards the sun, showing them the dawn of a new day.

With the dead buried, Zouyu slowly walked through the forest as he returned to his true form. Searching with his eyes, he carefully looked to see if there were others who had met the same unfortunate fate. It was then that something flickering caught his eye–the light of a still-burning flame. Bounding over, he found an abandoned lantern sitting in the grass. "How careless. First blood is spilled, then they discard their odds and ends too? At least ensure the flame is snuffed out before throwing it aside…" With a paw, he pushed the lantern upright and took it in his mouth.
Pravarsha

Character Info
Ambuj was the first to notice that Viktor’s name had fallen off the contract. After all, when Djinn fell asleep they tended to sleep for however long they wanted. Pravarsha had been hurt by the recent loss of her beloved master. After centuries of trying to find a master, she could soar the skies with she had found him. He had been her clouds and sails. He always treated her well and put up with the antics of her sisters.

The lantern moving was Ambuj’s first hint that another had come across the lantern. “That was fast,” he muttered with curiosity. Had the wolves been shifters who had discovered the lantern was special? No, it wasn’t the wolves and Ambuj narrowed his eyes. The lantern and ancient magic would do its work but for now, he would wait for the newest arrival.

The lantern didn’t seem special at all except if one looked close to how the light never went out. The hinge on the lantern was slightly loose and it flapped a bit as Zouyu picked it up. Pouring out like a raging tempest came green smoke that grabbed the man and pulled him inside. The building that he was brought to was weird and odd. Suspended in the air he was on a floating garden of sorts.

A large quill appeared and the contract which was even larger rolled out onto the floor from its suspended location. The quill began to write and a sophisticated female voice read along with the quill.

“You who have followed destiny’s path have become entangled with ancient magic. This life magic offers but a simple gift: wishes. It is a twist of fate that you have found yourself here in Prana. I am the Djinn of the Skies born from the Fifth Garden of power. I belonged to you the moment you came in contact with my container. This contract cannot be stopped once it has started and it started the moment you came to this sacred place.

There is no way back.
The only way is forward.
Now go into Prana’s Villa and find me.

One more thing, before the villa will let you in. There must be blood tribute to the scroll. It will sign your name.”

The quill floated down to the scroll waiting and tapped next to a much smaller set of bloody fingerprints. Blood was a ritual object of sealing and not one people could easily break.

The Villa was suspended in a further ring. Glass steps led up to it, and Ambuj was waiting inside. “You are here, Mister! I was waiting for you. My lady is asleep, and I need help waking her! She is terribly sad. We were chased by wolves and her master eaten. He threw her into the bushes to protect her! Won’t you wake her up?”

Ambuj’s voice was excited as he did not wait for Pravarsha to sleep this long. He soared around and around Zouyu’s head. Once they got up to her bedroom the mountain of blankets made Ambuj flinch. “She is under there… Help me?” The little fairy dragon began to pull back the blankets one by one until Pravarsha’s dark seafoam hair popped out the top of one. “She’s there… pull back the blanket.”

“Mmm, not yet…” The sleepy voice called out as the form under tossed herself to the other side and stuck one of her feet out. “The fish market isn’t open~”

Zouyu

Character Info
The billowing smoke caught him off guard, and he was about to drop the lantern from his mouth when an overwhelming force he had never experienced in all his years pulled him inside. Fighting against it as hard as he could, it as all in vain as the great beast disappeared from the forest. The lantern fell back onto the ground with a soft thud. When he came to, he found himself back into his human guise. Perhaps he had changed his form unconsciously, believing he was entering a confined space. To his surprise, it seemed as if he was outside…but in another realm. There was no sign of where he had entered in from, but a large scroll and quill appeared before him as a woman's voice spoke. Whoever this realm belonged to, they were powerful. And yet, they were offering their life to an unknown person. Had one with an evil heart gotten a hold of the lantern, then the being who controlled this domain would be bound to serve them without question. With more questions than answers, he was directed to complete the binding with a pact made with blood.

It was a form of binding that was one of the oldest, if not most difficult to forge as well as sever. It was the binding of a life to another. After a long period of contemplation, Zouyu bit down on a finger until he drew blood. As he touched the drop of blood to the scroll, he felt powerful magic course through him. His name began to appear on it with the strokes of the quill. Then, it was gone. As the small wound healed itself, Zouyu turned his attention to the pathway that made itself shown now that the binding was complete. Ascending upwards, he arrived at the Villa with a small dragon-like creature awaiting his arrival. The little one greeted him and explained that someone else was waiting for him further in. It then told him the truth which he had missed before finding the lantern: the corpse he had buried was the previous master of the one who controlled this space. What he had thought was carelessly discarded had been thrown aside and hidden. It wasn't difficult to put the pieces together now that he knew the whole truth. It was no surprise that the lady of this realm was grieving. Following the faerie dragon inside, Zouyu wondered if this was the best course of action. Would she be able to accept a new master so soon? Did she know what sort of fate had befallen the former?

When the stopped. he was met by a small hill composed of quilts and blankets. The little dragon was dismayed at this, but asked him to help unearth her from beneath the pile. With a nod, Zouyu agreed, then took a few steps back. He crouched and began to transform into his true form, and used his paws to push aside several layers at a time. At last, beneath one final blanket was a small form. When the little one mumbled in her sleep, the great beast let out a sigh. Peeling back the last of her covers, he lowered his head and tapped gently on the arm of the woman in a nightdress. "Are you the one who has summoned me into this realm? Your friend here has something important to tell you." She stirred for a moment, and he thought she was finally awake. Instead, she turned and reached up to grab the great feline creature, pulling him as she laid back down to sleep. He was now stuck in a very awkward headlock. It would seem he would need to be more insistent to fully wake her…
Pravarsha

Character Info
Once the man shapeshifted Ambuj perked up even more. This was good. He was a master who could protect himself and wouldn’t try to rely on the genie within the lantern. “WAIT!” Once they had uncovered Pravarsha the fairy dragon tried to stop him from touching the small woman. “…She’ll death grip you in her sleep if you let her…”

She wrapped herself around him and pulled down the great beast like he was a lap dog. “Pretty kitty… Soft kitty… Little ball of fur~” She yawned it out as she snuggled her head into him. After a few seconds, her hands were petting him in her sleep but after a few minutes, she had realized just how large this particular kitty is. “Does your owner overfeed you?” She was grasping at it now and before long she was panic touching. “LARGE KITTY. BITEY KITTY. It's IN MY BED!” Pravarsha shot up and looked up at Ambuj and then to Zouyu.

Her seafoam hair was all over the place from her tossing and turning. She was all wide-eyed as she looked around. “We’re in Prana?”

“Yes! You finally woke up, I was so worried,” Ambuj flew around her head. “I thought you were too depressed to wake up so soon!”

There was a sad look on Pravarsha’s face as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. The wind picked up and lifted her body up as she grounded her feet on the floor with the help of the wind. She moved her hair out of her head and looked towards the cat. “Is that the new master’s?”

“So… You know?”

“I felt his passing,” she frowned a bit. “He would be mad if I mourned so much I just slept forever.” Even though that was exactly what she was doing two seconds before. She shyly looked at the large cat and bounded over. “Who is a good kitty?! Where is your owner? You are lovely… I bet you like your back scratched,” Pravarsha seemed to have a jolly mood under the circumstances but it was like she said, Viktor would have been upset.

“…Prav… That is the new contracted Master,” Ambuj said with a bit of fear.

Pravarsha was now busy rubbing her face against the large cat’s when she froze. “…A shapeshifter?” She jumped back and looked at him. “MY NAME IS PRAVARSHA! I’m sorry for rubbing my face against your really soft fur!”

Zouyu

Character Info
The small dragon's warning came too late, as he was trapped in the woman's surprisingly strong grip. As his head was lowered, Zouyu stood patiently as she slowly realized what was happening. He was holding back a chuckle as she came to realization that something was off, then her arms let go as she was now wide awake. Shaking out his fur, the beast was able to get a better look at the little one. She was very tiny with hair like clouded jade, but perhaps she was not so small as he thought. He was much larger than most two-legged beings to begin with. As the dragon and his lady spoke, Zouyu laid down and folded his front paws. There was much he still did not know about them and their situation, but soon all questions he had were cleared. Any fears he had of her being consumed by grief were assuaged as she graciously accepted the somber truth. As he had not yet introduced himself, it surprised no one that the little lady began to affectionately pet and compliment the great tiger-like beast. Her blissful chatting was cut short when her dragon companion revealed that the 'kitty' she was so busy cuddling was in fact her new master.

Shocked and somewhat embarrassed, she was apologizing to the smiling cat. Seeing how adorable she was made him smile, and he began to laugh. "There is no need to apologize, little Pravarsha. I can't recall the last time someone approached me without fear just as you have. It is a welcome sight for one such as I. As you have allowed me to enter your realm, I shall now give my name as you have given yours. I am one of many beasts of legend who roam this land, not unlike the kirin. The people called me 'Zouyu', the keeper and protector of the land. You call me a shapeshifter, and for that you are correct. However, what you see before you is my true form. With the passing of time, we beasts of myth have found that taking human form grants us greater liberty to learn and walk among mortals." 

Turning to the faerie dragon, he added: "You have nothing to fear. Though I may resemble the great hunters of the wilds, I do not harm the innocent. The deer and wild horses graze in my presence, for they know I will not prey on them. If this form proves an inconvenience to you both, then I will alter my shape to something more manageable." His soft gold eyes gazed upon the djinn and her companion. "Now, what is this about the contract that binds you and I? I have no need for wishes, and it is not in my nature to bind others into serving me."
Pravarsha

Character Info
“Well,” Pravarsha let out with a little bit of curiosity. “If you were going to hurt me… You would have done it when I was sleeping. Unless you like to cat and mouse in which case you would have cornered me by now.” Her bright blue eyes stared at him for a moment as she looked him over. “You don’t have the aura of someone who would hurt me either… and the wind isn’t scared of you. So, I don’t think you are anyone I need to be afraid of.” She tilted her head as she came to the conclusion. “A shapeshifter is a shapeshifter. Whether this be your real form or not. There are creatures of all types that roam this world from humans to me to you,” she offered.

Pravarsha was pondering the question innocently in her mind and she put her hands behind her back before gently bouncing on her toes. “How best to answer that?” She let the question out as she rolled her eyes back and forth.

“OH, I know! First, Zouyu… Let me go over how I was created. My sisters and I were born from wishes and are passed off to individuals who also have wishes whether you know it or not. The contract won’t open to a fulfilled being like a God for example. Nimmi’s lamp came in contact with a god once when she wasn’t under contract and it refused to budge. Wishes are the natural part of being alive and even objects like myself have wishes too.”

She freed her hands and the air swirled bringing in the moisture of the air. “I was created over three thousand years ago in the Sacred Lands of Abed,” Pravarsha’s voice disappeared from her lips as it echoed like a story around the room. Her voice died out and others began to fill as the picture became clear.

“I am begging you to at least consider helping me,” the Abedian man was following a hooded woman through the spice fields just outside the capital. “I know who you are.”

“If you really knew who I was you would turn around and leave,” the voice sounded young but wise but her features were hidden.

“You have the ability to grant wishes do you not?”

“No, I don’t.”

“The stories say you do.”

“The stories are wrong just like you are right now,” the woman took her cane and smacked the man. “What I do is not the process of granting wishes but creating beings who can.” The man reeled back.

“Then… make me one that can. Please, the winds have been dead for weeks because of those damned gods warring. I can’t feed my family if I can’t get my boat out,” the man threw up his hands. “Please.”

The woman let a ‘tsk’ leave her mouth. “Come with me,” she reached up and lifted a familiar white lantern off a post outside of a house. “You are bothersome but what you want is understandable. I’ll grant your request but you will have to ask her yourself for it.”

“Her?”

“I told you. I am in the business of creating beings who can grant wishes. I am a djinn maker.”

The mirror of moisture disappeared and Pravarsha smiled up. “And I was created to fill his sails with wind. When he died I got passed along to others. See, if we can’t get a master we end up stuck in our vessels. So even if you don’t want to wish for things or at least have company I can wander outside the lamp. In order for us to exist as we are we must have someone who is tied to the contract. Many of my sisters have died and it is never clear how or why. It always has to do with the contract or how long its been since they had a master or in some cases they let their vessel be smashed.”

She put her finger to her lips. “I suppose… The contract between us is my life force and my freedom. Though it can be abused by those who wish it there are ways for me and my sisters to protect ourselves if something happens. Ever since what happened to my sister Jala there were stipulations put into the contracts for abuse. However, what happens to our vessels is still left up to those who are in possession of it. If my vessel is to break then I will lose my life.”

She got a bit closer to him. “Do you have any more questions I can answer?”

Zouyu

Character Info
To answer his question, she showed him visions of times past. With her power she told him the tale of how she was born. There was a mysterious woman with a man pleading to her for help. Desperate and afraid, he asked for her to grant a wish. She refused, but he continued to beg. The wish wasn't only for himself, but for the sake of his family. Eventually she agreed, but instead of granting the wish herself she told him he would need to ask someone else. Zouyu recognized the white lantern the hooded one picked up as the very same as Pravarsha's. Once the tale was over, the vision dissipated. The spirit explained that without a master, she could not leave her lamp. Even if her master had no desire to have their wishes granted, she was able to exist outside the lamp's realm. This was likely why djinns like her sought out masters, even if they ran the risk of being abused. Her life was bound to the lamp, like a tool spirit. If it were destroyed, then so would her spirit. It would cease to be.

"You have answered all that I wish to know at this time." He said to the woman. Shifting his great body, the beast sat up and looked to the ceiling above. His tail was swaying slowly as he made his first request to Pravarsha. "Now that you are able to come and go as you please, I wish to return back to the fields of Jasumin. There is a place I will show you, and someone both you and your little friend I would like you to meet." Now that he obtained the whole truth of the situation, Zouyu wished to relay this to his fellow mythical beast, Zhongze. The kirin had dealt those who had killed the man a swift and terrible judgment as they deserved. But he had yet to know of the newest soul to arrive in their domain. The two guardians knew the lands they protected well, and it was their duty to remember those who lived under their beneficence. 

Once the three were outside Pravarsha's lamp, Zouyu gently picked up the djinn's lamp in his mouth and allowed the others to ride upon his back. Then he broke int o a sprint and started to run across the plains. With great strides, he bounded over hills and dales like the wind. Waves of golden grass swayed in his wake, amber leaves from trees scattering from their branches into the forest floor. The birds would chirp when he passed by and the small creatures of the fields raised their heads to see where he was going. In what felt like mere minutes, they were in view of the base of the Baltil Mountains. The cool autumnal air gained a slight chill, and the treeline changed from deciduous to evergreen. There was a hidden cave opening tucked away in the earthen face, appearing when the silver beast came near. "We are almost there." He informed his two passengers. Ducking his head, Zouyu entered the darkness.

After walking for an indeterminate amount of time, a faint light appeared. Floating in the air was a delicate paper lantern, having activated itself at their arrival. Following the enchanted light, the darkness lifted gradually, until they came out the other side of the tunnel. Stepping out of the cave, the three set foot into a secret glade. This serene place seemed to emanate a magic different from what kept Jasumin in a perpetual Venti. The plants and trees here were green and thriving, fed by the waters of a great lake. The further they walked in, the more the glade seemed to expand. Half-hidden against a copse of aged willow trees was an earthen lodge, the roof overgrown with vines and moss. If there hadn't been a door, one could have mistaken it for a hill. 

"Welcome little ones to the heart of our domain. This a sacred place that others cannot enter without the permission of one of my kind. I will now go and see if my fellow guardian beast has returned. Unless something has occupied him outside, he should not be hard to find." 
Pravarsha

Character Info
Pravarsha seemed happy when he said he was done for now as she bounced on the tips of her feet. “Alright, I can do that!” The little Djinn put her fingers together and a doorway appeared. It was big enough for Zouyu to fit through without the need to transform back. “Let’s go for an adventure!”

“I will come for supervision,” Ambuj perched on Zouyu’s head. “I will be up here for protection.” Though what the little dragon could do could remain to be seen as Prav giggled in his direction. He had been a gift from her mother to keep her company in times when her lamp didn’t have a master.

Pravarsha floated up on his back with permission as they rode through the fields. Now that there was light she could see everything that she had missed in the darkness. Darkness had been how they had traveled the roads to avoid trouble after all. Most would have hidden on his back to avoid the wind but Pravarsha sat straight up and closed her eyes to enjoy the feel against her skin.

She climbed off his back as soon as they were in the cave and Ambuj glided onto her head. “Let’s explore outside while he checks!” The amazing thing about Pravarsha was her ability to float and float she did around the trees. The leaves tickled her nose and she, in turn, used the leaves to tickle Ambuj. She was upside when Zouyu came back and she had Ambuj stuck in vines. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to jolt you!” Her long hair was hanging and looked like a waterfall as she swished back and forth upside down.

Ambuj was squawking. “I told you not to do rolls near the plants!”

“I said I was sorry! Stop struggling! I don’t want to hurt the vines,” she noticed the rustle and turned her head slightly to look at him. “What do you call a dragon stuck in a bunch of vines?!” She waited for a moment as Ambuj hissed towards her. “A SNAPDRAGON!” She finally got him free and landed right side up. She was petting Ambuj’s head as she smiled towards him and his friend with a bow.

Zouyu

Character Info
He set the lantern down by the earthen lodge before he went deeper into the glade, out of sight. There were many other fantastical creatures here, from carp with rainbow scales to birds with two heads and four wings. There were some that were in their humanoid forms going about their business. An aged hermit with a long wispy beard conjured up a cloud to carry him higher to pick a perfectly ripe golden peach from a branch, beautiful maidens with bird wings and feet flew overhead. Making his way through the silver pines, the beast found his comrade in the center of a clearing. Zhongze's shining scales and crystalline horns were now spotlessly clean, without a single speck of blood from the carnage he had wrought hours earlier. "You've returned. It would appear the lands outside are at peace for now." Zouyu addressed the kirin. "I was about to say the same to you. Did you have business to attend to down at one of the human towns by the rivers?" Came the other mystical beast's response.

"No, I encountered something quite unexpected after we parted ways. We have a new arrival to our home. I believe you will find her endearing." The silver beast grinned. When the djinn was untangling her faerie dragon friend, the two beasts approached them just in time to hear her make a pun at Ambuj's expense. Zouyu let out a chuckle, as he motioned to her with his head to introduce them to the kirin. "Pravarsha and little dragon, this is my good friend Zhongze. He is a kirin, a mythical beast like myself. My dear friend, this is the spirit which I discovered upon finding her lamp. That is her companion beside her." The aquamarine dragon deer stepped forward with airy steps, and when one noticed they would realize that the beast was not touching the ground at all. It was hovering above the blade of grass. "Ah, so you are the little tool spirit Zouyu spoke of. You may rest here in this glade as long as you like. You have suffered much after all." His voice was serene and soft, speaking in a similar manner as Zouyu. Yet unlike the silver beast, there was an otherworldly aura about him. "Your soul is a beautiful one, little lamp spirit. Such sincere purity is hard to come by in times like these. May this home of ours be yours as well."