Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Jasumin Lake > A Secret World (P)
Zilyana Sylvaris

Character Info
Name: Zilyana Sylvaris
Alignment: None
Race: Fairy
Class:
Silver: 380
A soft breeze rustled the tops of the multicolored trees that surrounded the pristine lake of Jasumin Lake. The enormous lily pads gently bobbed back and forth as the breeze drifted over them, and the surface of the lake. If one would look closely enough they might have been able to see what looked like large fireflies darting in amongst the leaves of the beautifully colored trees that surrounded Jasumin Lake. However, it would take a very keen eye to spot them, and identify them as anything other than what they appeared to be.

One of the small flying creatures, which looked like fireflies, darted down along the trunk of one of the many, many trees surrounding the lake. There was a faint, silvery glow that trailed behind the creature as it flew towards the ground, and just before it collided with the ground below, it took off towards the water lapping at the ground at the edge of the lake. Once there the small creature, a tiny, silver haired fairy child, sat on a rock and giggled to herself in a playful way; yet it seemed as if she was just finished doing something naughty. Her icy blue eyes flickered back over her shoulders as she giggled some more.

She could see the other fairies zipping around, looking for her, but the little fairy girl knew they wouldn't come this far out from the trees to look for her. Not right away anyhow. So she knew that she was safe to explore and see what was beyond the trees. Yes, her father and mother told her it was a dangerous place. That there were giant beings out there who wouldn't think twice about catching her, or swatting her like an insect. Yet she didn't believe that at all. The little girl believed it was merely a way for parents to keep young fairies in check. "I don't believe all of that. Why would there be anything that big?" She said, a smirk on her little face. "If they think I am going to believe all of that like the other fairy children, they are wrong. Momma and daddy just want me to behave like a good little princess. Humph… I don't have to listen to everything." She puffed and looked out at the monstrous lily pads floating out on the water. "I wonder if they would be able to find me there?" She mumbled, as a smirk curled onto her lips. "I hope not. They'll ruin my fun if they do." With that her smirk curved into a frown. The thought was upsetting indeed.

Without a second thought, the little fairy started to fly towards the closest lily pad. Once there she stood on the edge and looked for signs of the adults who were undoubtedly going to leave the trees to look for her. "They'll never find me this time." She chirped, clapping her tiny little hands.

This was exciting for the little fairy princess, as she liked to go away from home and see what was out in the world. She was a child, yes, but didn't feel that the rules applied to her because she was a princess. A very spoiled one at that, judging by the fancy clothing and jewelry she wore. As well as the perfume that had been made from different exotic flowers.
Kazahana

Character Info
Name: Sanaki Kasuga
Alignment: TG
Race: Oni
Class: War Priestess
Silver: 0
In the golden grass there laid a girl with hair red as fire and facing up towards the sky. Not too far away there was a sphinx reclining in the gazebo beside the lake's edge, cleaning herself. A phoenix was perched on the roof, as perching elsewhere might cause a blaze. The air was crisp and cool, perfect to fall asleep to. The young dream-walker had her hands folded on her chest and was deep inside a dream. It was a beautiful, peaceful dream–warm light flowed around like water and sand, while breezes took on a rainbow hue. In the realm of dreams she could see the wind and not just feel it, and let herself be carried along. She had spent many an afternoon here, watching the clouds and dreaming. Sometimes she would stand amidst the amber waves of the plains and dance, practicing songs and movements she remembered from her homeland. She was far away from Karkhata, but she still wished to keep that small piece of it with her inside her heart through her memories. Someday, she would return home.

Her dreams moved out of the realm created by Jasumin and retreated back into her own. The dream-walker was back home, on the dusty streets. The thick perfume of spice wafted through the air and market criers sang aloud advertising their wares. Caravans trudged in, sandy and weary. The camels with their long lashes and decorated saddle cloths  were laden with strange and exotic goods. The sun was strong and shadows small in the afternoon. The chatter of children passed her by as she dodged boys and girls playing tag. Tall palm trees shaded shrubs of flowering hibiscus, and the paths were all so familiar. It was as if she was home again. Happiness mixed with wistful melancholy came over the dream, tinting everything in a muted amber hue. Despite how fond they were, they were still just memories. How she longed to see the real thing.

The rumble of thunder came from above, and she looked to the sky. Returning back to the waking world, she opened her eyes as the first sprinkling of rain was coming down. She stood and ran to take shelter under the gazebo where Sidra was fussing about where Asha was settling her feathers. Neither of the creatures enjoyed the incoming downpour very much. "You've come just in time. Here we were about to start a debate on which of us should wake you." The sphinx grumbled. Asha was perched on a high ledge near the top of the gazebo's ceiling, preening. "Did you have a good dream, young one?" She asked. Gale nodded, and settled herself onto a bench. "The clouds look quite dark. It might last for a while." Thunder rolled as the wind began changing the rain's direction, making Sidra more displeased."It had better be one of those quick sudden showers. As soon as it ceases, we are heading back to the closest settlement."

"Be as swift as the wind, as silent as the forest, fierce like fire, and immovable like a mountain."