Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > Fiery Truths [P][Event]
Caius

Character Info
Name: Caius Amare
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: A Jewelry Maker
Silver: 400
Many of the dancers had tired themselves out and had retreated to lower levels. They would return but for now, the top level had only two or three people on it. A young man stepped onto the top layer of the Hanging Gardens Tower. A violin in the distance was still playing its soft tune to the few people remaining. The young man had long ebony black hair that went past his shoulders and stopped at the middle of his back. His kimono began with a lavender purple but transitioned to a royal blue at the bottom. White flower petals danced across the kimono and a silver belt was wrapped around the lower part of his chest. A silver mask covered less than half his face, mostly around his green eyes. He avoided the few people on this level and silently walked over to near the edge of the level.

Caius made certain that he was far enough away from the edge so that he wouldn't trip and fall into the ocean. However, he was close enough to see the blue ocean. The ocean breathed, its surface rose up and fell back down with a soft rhythm incomparable by any other element. Shades of deep blue swirled with shadows and the soft moonlight that reflected in the waters. The moon. Facing his head upwards, he could see the stars and their brilliance.  Thousands of sparkling diamonds spread across the sky, similar to how fireflies try to light up the night.  What were those stars, really?

These speckled lights swirled and danced across the blackened sky so very far away.  Perhaps they were spirits or the souls of dead gods that had lived long ago. Or maybe it was another sun from far away. It would be difficult to ever find out. A soft smile appeared on his lips as he observed the sparkling sky. After a moment, his eyes closed. He could feel the soft wind caressing his face and sweeping through his hair. Once the wind calmed down, he took a seat on the ground, allowing his kimono cloth to spread out. His eyes wandered to the other strangers who were enjoying the peace up on the top level.

I would like to see the world how it is. Not how I want it to be.
Nix

Character Info
Name: Mirannda Sinopa
Alignment: CN
Race: Phoenix
Class: Retired Mercenary
Silver: 174
She had not asked anyone, nor was not asked by anyone, to attend the masquerade ball. Mirannda wanted to watch the couples. To see young love practically saturate the air brought memories for the phoenix. There was a young man in her life, not too long ago, that would have enjoyed dragging her here. Perhaps she was searching for someone just like him? Her tulle skirts, orange and yellow with a single layer of red, moved with the illusion of flame as she meandered through the gardens.

The red bodice hugged her tight, decorated with golden scrolling designs. Half of her face was covered in an ashen colored mask with a shiny orange border, crinkled as it turned into flames on one side. From her neck hung a crystallized hellfire pendant, a gift from Dalanesca which allows her champion to pass through her realm, skipping the nine gates and protecting her from the effects of the river upon entering. Mirannda passed the lovers releasing lotus blossoms into the river, and continued on up the pathways until she reached the top most layer.

From here, the stars felt like they were within reaching distance yet so far away, the moons glowed beautifully among their smaller brethren. Her gaze drifted to the tree which someone had literally fallen out of the first time she was here. He was a sweet man, and she hadn't seen him since, but it was nice to remember him. Despite all she does, it was little things like this that reminded her that there was still some good in her life. Even though there were a few couples here, Mirannda spied someone alone at the edge. With a smirk, she made her way over to him and sat next to him.

It was hard to tell, but she was fairly positive that he was not someone she knew.  She gave him a friendly smile and offered a hand for a handshake. "The evening is lovely, wouldn't you agree? I'm Mirannda. Mirannda Sinopa."

Death is only the beginning.
Caius

Character Info
Hearing the woman's voice, Caius turned around to see a fiery stranger standing before him. The dress she wore was almost a flame itself. Her mask held a shiny border while the inside was ash. A glowing pendant hung around her neck. The pendant drew Caius' interest the most. Fascination lit up in his eyes as he wondered how the necklace was constructed. It obviously held magic or some sort of power within it. Yet, even without power or magic, the necklace would have been exquisite. The chain was made to be sturdy but it wouldn't harm the wearer's neck. Metal containing the crystal must have been able to withstand its magic or any heat it might have produced. Realizing he might have been staring at it, Caius quickly made his eyes look at her face. He stood up slowly then smiled softly and reached out to shake her hand. 

"Yes, it-" He stopped as soon as he touched her hand. 

Realization of his mistake jumped through his mind as he dropped her hand. He sat down on the ground as fast as he could and propped himself up with both of his arms. Caius' body became tense and still. It was as though he had become a statue. The black of his iris transformed to a bright white while the green surrounding it remained the same. His face was relaxed and calm. Similar to how one might feel after a good book or a sip of tea. But his eyes were distant. They did not see anything around him. Words began to escape his mouth. 

"The fiery wings spreading across the horizon,
Two birds having to make a painful sacrifice,
Searching for a form to put their child in,
The bright flames travel across the blue-skies,

A new form with hands and feet,
Her abilities locked and hidden away,
Having her saved became bittersweet,
The two birds tried to keep sadness at bay,

The birds wanted to stay with her,
But to keep would birth regret,
The sweet moments became a blur,
Her little face they won’t forget,

Abandoning her at the door,
Worse than ripping of a limb,
Away they had to soar,
Leaving their faces forever grim."

His body relaxed and the white iris of his eyes became black again. It had happened. Again. Another vision. Worry and confusion drifted through his mind as he pushed himself to his feet. Two in one night? Caius looked at the stranger with deep shame turning through his head. It was one of the past. Not the future. No doubt the lady's night was ruined thanks to him bringing up bad memories or bad information she didn't want to know. 

"S-sorry."
He softly said, "That wasn't supposed to happen."

Nix

Character Info
He was staring at her chest, which would have been very flattering. Men were very predictable about what they were attracted to. But… No, not her breasts. He was admiring the necklace. Mirannda had to remind herself that there were some out there who, similar to River, were quickly absorbed into areas of interest. She would have blushed at her own mistake if she were in that kind of mood. Tonight, she was more looking for friends. Friends who would hopefully pan out to be similar to River, true and honest.

Concern washed through her when he fell back down to a somewhat sprawled sitting position. Mirannda hovered over him. Had her magic flared? Had some artifact react against him? ”Mister? Are you alright?” She was not a very good healer, those spells long since forgotten and had yet to return. It was his eyes that suggested he was seeing something beyond the present, the whites where the black pupils should be.

Then the words began to spill from his mouth. At first, they were confusing, almost disjointed, until she realized that the words flowed like a poem. More importantly, however, the words brought to mind a memory. Mirannda knew that she was abandoned at the door of a servant, that she was not born in as an elf. What she didn’t know was if she was wanted, or the reason why they left her behind. Her breath hitched in her throat as she stared at him, lips slightly parted in disbelief.

She watched him silently as his eyes changed, and he relaxed, his expression becoming worried and confused. Tears formed in her eyes, but ruining good makeup was the last thing on her mind. ”Shhh,” Mirannda soothed as she went to cup his cheek. But she stopped before even touching his skin. Does he have visions at every touch? It was her turn to frown, however slight, at his words. ”What that was… Was it true? All of it?” Her words were barely above a whisper, dangerously close to cracking into an emotional mess.

They wanted her? Mirannda searched his eyes, trying to find more answers within them, though she knew it was most likely futile. ”I’ve always wondered why. But when I learned the cause, I didn’t know…” The phoenix gave him a bittersweet smile. ”I don’t even know your name, but you have given me something I have desired for so long. I thank you.”

Caius

Character Info
The lady was about to move towards him but stopped. She was clearly afraid that he would get another vision at another touch. Caius' listened to her soft words filled with emotion.

"Yes." He said, "Every word."

Every instinct in his body told him to lie. Tell her that it was all just a strange daydream and make sure that she wouldn't be too concerned by it. However, he had a feeling that it would be better to be honest with her. After all, not all memories were bad. He needed to remember that. Even if it seemed horrible, it might have given closure to the person who already experienced it. He listened to her as she spoke. Relief flooded through him as he learned that this information was good for her. Although it might have been emotional to know of it. A soft smile appeared on his lips.

"I'm glad that I might have helped then."
He held out his hand to her, "Lets try again. My name is Caius. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Suddenly Caius remembered that she might have been worried about him getting another vision.

"Oh, and the unexpected visions only happen once per person." He quickly added, "From then on, it's controllable."

Having a proper introduction made things much easier. Especially in conversation.

"Would you like to talk about your parents?" He offered, "You don't have to but…I know its easier for me to talk to somebody about these things once in a while."

Nix

Character Info
Every word was true, and they had wanted her. Her heart soared at the thought, and ached simultaneously for them. It would birth regret? Why would raising her create such a feeling? For whom, her or them? Caius introduced himself, and she gladly took his hand once it was explained his gift was now in control. Mirannda carefully wiped a tear from beneath her mask as she smiled at him. "You already know I don't know them." While she attempted to make the comment light, it fell a little flat.

The phoenix gestured for them to take a walk. Should he be inclined, she would wrap her arm around his. Otherwise, she'd fidget with them before her whether or not they were strolling through the gardens. "I was born as a phoenix, as you are aware? Days later, one of our moons blocked the sun, to which I nearly died. I'm guessing they panicked as they decided how to save me. So, as an elvish baby, I was dropped off with a indebted servant woman who was allowed to raise me as a free pair of hands." She gazed up at the floating lanterns, wondering if her parents were dead as their world tree died, or if they were looking for a way back to her. Did they watch over her all these years from afar?

"My adopted mother was gentle, and kind, but died in my first decade. Ever since, my life has been nothing but running away, and into trouble." Mirannda chuckled darkly at the thought. Ran away from the master, ran after a bad influence, ran away from even that and into the arms of a vampire. "Whatever they were trying to save me from, though, it didn't work. I'm glad to hear they didn't want to leave me, but it makes me wonder why they felt it was necessary. What regret? Oh, I'm sorry, Caius. You don't have to answer. It's just another riddle to figure out, and…" Her voice drifted off, unsure of what she was wanting to say next.

Caius

Character Info
Caius saw the gesture and decided to walk with the phoenix. Her arm wrapped around his as they began strolling through the beautiful gardens. She began explaining what she knew about her situation. As she spoke, images of what she described began floating around his mind. He could see the moon blocking the sun. The fiery birds panicking and using the form of an elf baby for her. A baby dropped off at the doorstep of a woman. These were not visions, merely his imagination taking root to construct vivid pictures of what might have happened. He imagined himself in her shoes. Growing up without knowing who her parents were. As they walked, he observed the bright floating lanterns in the sky. She described how her mother was gentle but died quickly. Ever since then, she apparently had been running away but running towards worse things. Throughout the entire conversation, Caius had been looking her in the eyes and paying attention to every word she spoke. He didn't say much and instead just listened quietly. She started questioning about the regret but the jewelry maker couldn't give her a proper answer. 

"I understand how you feel." Caius said finally, "I was abandoned as a child as well. I had a decent family but I can't help wonder what life would have been like if my parents had decided to keep me. Do you wonder that too?"

His green eyes did not hold sympathy. They held empathy for her situation. As though he had experienced and went through similar events. Even if his parents had kept him, he would have been able to empathize with her situation. His imagination allowed him to put himself in other's places. To create feelings and emotions that would follow an event or moment. A violin was playing in the distance as they walked towards different parts of the garden. Caius turned to Nix and held out his hand to her. 

"Dance with me, before we get too melancholy." He said hoping that this might lift her spirits a bit. 

Nix

Character Info
Caius was completely respectful during her explanation, and she could tell he felt for her situation. Worse, it was like he had lived through something similar. ”Sometimes. I wonder what would have happened if that eclipse hadn’t nearly claim my life. What would it be like to fly in the sky with them? Or fly at all? Their block locks me still.” She fell into silence as imagination took her.

He pulled her back to the present with a dance request. Mirannda giggled as she took his hand. ”Show me what you got, Caius.” When one let go of oneself and got lost in the movement was the moment the earthbound flew. It was a surreal feeling that the phoenix looked forward to at events such as these. Who her partner was did not matter, but she did wonder what would be different if the other dancer was actually a lover.

One hand rested gently on his arm, the other softly holding his hand. As the music played on, the sound of women’s dresses moving filled her, moving her melancholy feelings to a dark niche in the mind for future pondering. Mirannda gazed steadily at Caius, eyes almost dancing with amusement as she waited for him to take the lead.