Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > Legends are Lessons [Event, P]
Kieran

Character Info
Name: Kieran Niel Rothslin
Alignment: CG
Race: Human hybrid
Class: Noble
Silver: 819
The theme was black and blue. Not as in coloring of the skin from ruptured blood vessels. From head to toe, Kieran had slipped into one of his favorite black suits that he had returned home to retrieve. The jacket was edged with blue so that there was a single line on each side as it folded neatly from the collar. His blue tie tucked neatly under his blue vest, complete with a black mask that had blue waves across the cheeks. Dress shoes were polished to a shine, and Kieran was looking forward to the night.

He had made a special dinner for Teu, eaten by candlelight. Honestly, he would make her a relaxing rose petal bath, give her a massage, simply spend time cuddling her, and a thousand other little things. But, tonight, they were going to go to the masquerade ball. At the base of the gardens, Kieran looked up at the magical marvel. "You know, my parents make it a point to visit this place every spring. Elwin would complain the entire time they were gone, as we had our own gardens. I always thought it was a sweet gesture." The young noble turned toward Teu and gave a deep bow. "Would you honor me by being my date on our first tour?"

With a chuckle, Kieran wrapped his arm around her, holding her close as they entered the gardens. They were greeted with thousands of lanterns, ready to be lit. He took one and held it gently in his hands between him and Teu, yet his gaze was locked on her eyes. "Do you know the legends of the gardens? A man was so in love for a mage, but was rejected time and time again. In his effort to win the affections of his love, the gardens were built, and yet she still turned him down. Distraught, he threw himself off the top. His love was so deep, that he could not stand the rejection. I am so fortunate that you have not rejected me, but embraced my affection and returned it in kind."

Teu

Character Info
Name: Teu Balatro
Race: Diowolf/Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 2479
Masquerade balls were enchanting and full of allure. Normally, Teu would have been excited about it; there was a nasty habit of Kieran’s to get himself into some sort of trouble that made her heart rate rise. She pushed away the thought since they had managed to bring even more of Kieran’s twin brother’s behavior to light. It was unfortunate that she could not deal with the man the way she would have when she had been the Blessed of Raktor. The healer was of a different persuasion here in Revaliir and there were formalities to follow with her fiancé’s family. She would play along for now and enjoy her night until otherwise dictated.

What had helped her ease about the evening was the helping her daughter find a perfect dress. A young man had extended out an invitation to her, and this time Alairia accepted. She had not seen the young woman that nervous before; it was endearing. Teu had found her own dress for her date. The moment her eyes had fallen upon it she knew it had to be hers. Secretly the half elf wished Kieran and she could stay home to enjoy an empty house for once, but they knew an appearance had to be made.

She was sure that there would be many there that would be envious of the fact her arm was linked with Kieran’s. Her eyes flitted over to her fiancé to catch sight of him in his suit again to set off the butterflies in her stomach. Kieran was unbelievably handsome. Teu still had a hard time understanding why a handsome noble had selected her to be his future wife. Whatever that reason was, she was not going to let him go. ”Your parents are unequivocally adorable,” she responded with a smile. They had been kind to her and the children on their first meeting. That meeting had been eventful, but in the end she felt as if she had gained family once more. ”Elwin can suck a lemon and some nightshade.” Her voice had unknowingly grown dark at the mention of the twin’s name. In a quick instant she was back to her cheerful self as Kieran bowed. ”Why of course, my dear sir.” Deep blue dress was gathered to allow for an elegant curtsey in response.

Teu smiled brightly up at her love as she was gathered up in his arms to make their way into the gardens. There was a spectacle of lanterns that stirred her heart. It was beyond description. Lightly she touched the top of his hands as he held the lantern while the legend was spoken. ”That is terrible,” she mused allowed. Slightly she flinched at the mere mention of her potentially rejecting him. ”How could I reject such a handsome, kind and noble man? You are everything I could have ever hoped for, my heart.” Fingers traced his jaw line down his neck to his collarbone until they rested on his chest with the light of the lantern glowing between them. ”I thought I was to be alone. After all that had happened, there was little chance to find happiness again. Never have I been able to stay happy and in love long. I have always had it stolen away to be thrown back into despair. Until I met you, I had given up on the notion.” She gave an uneasy smile for a moment before it became whole again. ”Thank you for finding me. Now, can we manage the evening without you getting stabbed this time? I would like to enjoy this night with romance and no blood.”

Kieran

Character Info
Kieran was not unaware of his mate's disdain towards Elwin, but turned a deaf ear to her tone. Elwin tried to proposition Teu into the bedroom, and sent assassins after Kieran. For whatever reason, his twin was jealous and has escalated to attempts of elimination. A magical night with Teu, however, should not be spoiled by thoughts of a dark soul. While they were obligated to make an appearance due to his lineage, there was no reason why he couldn't enjoy time with her.

He smiled softly at her words. ”You shall never be alone.” A single hand lifted to cup her cheek, a thumb caressing her soft skin. ”Not if I have anything to say about it.” Teu's joke on his injuries caused Kieran to give a hearty laugh. ”When do I ever intend on soiling my clothing? To put my life on the line for those worry lines to crease your beautiful face?” Together, the lifted the lantern, releasing it to start its slow ascent into the night sky. Without that between them, Kieran wrapped his arms around Teu, and held her close.

It would be a very content feeling to remain like this for the rest of the night. Just him, and her, in each other's arms. No one else in the world mattered. With a soft, yet husky voice, Kieran whispered to her. ”Mother says there is an enchanted violin at the top. This night would not be perfect without a moonlit dance with you.” He pressed his lips against her hair, wondering how much more his heart would swell with his love for her before it burst.

Teu

Character Info
Name: Teu Balatro
Race: Diowolf/Elf
Class: Healer
Silver: 2479
As Kieran did his best to ignore the disdain emanated by her, Teu finally loosened up and laughed lightly. Her betrothed was always able to be some sort of balance for the woman despite what mood she was in. The healer felt bad about it, but that was how they were able to be the perfect partner for the other. Teu was a gentle soul. The only thing that could get her anger to flare was a threat against her family. Unfortunately, it was the threat of Kieran’s own family that put him in danger. She would feel her wolven half biting at the chance to be released and tear into Elwin’s flesh to be done with the matter. It was sad knowledge that Kieran’s family did little to handle their own deadly son. They did what they could, while also defending the actions.

She leaned into his palm to feel the warmth against her skin. The callouses upon his fingers told of the sword practice and no lack of physical labor. He never shied away from work despite what it may be. Teu was drawn to that quality of his. ”Never leave me alone. I couldn’t handle it,” she replied softly. Her emerald eyes lost their connection with his at the mere thought of being without him. Too many times before had her heart been broken. This time, she would not be able to endure it. Yes, her heart had been given to other men. She had loved her previous husband deeply and truly. Their time had been shortened. It was the arrival of Kieran into her heart where she felt it truly flutter again. She would not lose another husband. This time, she would do everything to protect him. ”My face has been getting some wrinkles because of all of you. You, Dae, and Alairia…whom is on a date right now.”

The woman leaned into her fiancé as they watched their lantern rose into the sky. It was, hopefully, an indicator of how their time would be together. Moving ever forward and light in love. A shiver rippled down her spine at the sound of his voice against her ear. Whenever he spoke like that there was little she could do to resist him. ”A moonlit dance? I think that could be doable,” she replied. Her voice had a little huskiness to it as well, but they had just arrived at the ball. The last thing they should do is arrive and leave immediately considering Kieran was to make an appearance for the sake of his family’s status. ”Lead the way.” She nuzzled her cheek against his side as she pressed her curves again his side.

Kieran

Character Info
Kieran’s heart squeezed at her simple command, her plea. So many times, fate had other plans each time she fell for someone. ’Let me be the one to break the cycle,’ he prayed, wanting nothing more than to wrap her up in a secure location that would keep all her troubles at bay. Teu brought up Alicia’s date, with a gentleman the noble had yet to officially meet. Kieran frowned slightly. ”Wish I got to meet him before this night.”

Ria was precious to Kieran, a bright gem next to the shining jewel of her mother. Even though he had not known them for long, each of them had a special place in his heart as family. But there was little he could do, as the date was already happening and he was on one right now. Teu’s voice had that sexy huskiness to it and Kieran tucked away the accompanying thoughts for future use. For now, there was a dance to perform and pleasantries to muddle through. Kieran held her close as he began the leisurely pace through the gardens.

Each tier was more exotic than the last. The vegetation here was always bigger and brighter here than in their native areas. It was a vain attempt to make the gardens more alluring. Somehow, that Irian woman was not moved by such beauty. Kieran gently led Teu across the cobblestone path, up each staircase until they reached the wide meadows. Lit by hundreds of lanterns and full of people, Kieran wanted nothing more than to be here alone with Teu as they danced. He continued forward until they were in the throng of slow dancing couples. With a polite bow, Kieran held his hand out for her to take as she positioned herself for the dance.