Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > Never-Ending Love [Event, P]
Anon

Character Info
Name: Anon Y. Mous
Alignment: TN
Race: Unknown
Class: Illusionist
Silver: 352
When Cecil received the invitation to attend the masquerade ball at the hanging gardens, he was quite fortunate that he was already in town. Plans were immediately forming in his mind for Nelanna. He wanted to surprise her with something special when a memory popped into his head. About a year ago, he had commissioned a dress and suit for a special occasion. Cecil was not sure about when or for what at the time, but it was perfect for the event. Best thing about the commission was he helped the tailor design the dress, which was a difficult feat because he was still cursed and couldn't write or speak common.

Cecil had chosen the artist well, for the commissioned pieces were perfect with matching masks he hadn't even ask for initially. The white shoes were decorated with finely crafted silver ivy that curled around the heel and toes. Champagne colored fabric folded neatly over the wide skirts, white lace decorating almost every exposed surface. Her bodice was lace and sheer fabric, buttoning down the back. From the waist to just above her breasts, the lace was thick and beautiful. It was sheer up to her neck that was bordered with what appeared as a lace necklace. Finally, the mask was white with a golden border, glitter swirled decorations. On the right, black and gold leaves with set diamonds and sapphire gave a matching touch to his own suit.

His mask was black with a silver border, a single diamond and silver lightning arcing from the right ear and ending at the middle. The black suit pants were plain, but the jacket had crystals embroidered in swirling patterns up and down the front. To match her, his shirt was champagne with a black bow-tie. With everything boxed up neatly, the tailor paid, Cecil bought a bouquet of red roses, and returned home to ask her to accompany him.

To his greatest pleasure, Cecil had the highest honor of having his red haired, mortal goddess on his arm at the ball. Together, they approached the gardens. "In all my years traveling, I've seen the gardens from above, or on carriage rides through the plains, But I've never actually visited the gardens before." He smiled down at Nelanna. "I know one thing for certain. You are the most beautiful thing for anyone to behold here tonight."

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
Name: Nelanna R. Fox
Alignment: TG
Race: Elf
Class: Former Warden of the Wilds
Silver: 407
Nelanna had never seen a more beautiful piece of clothing. As soon as she learned that Cecil had commissioned a dress for her, she didn’t hesitate to try it on along with the beautiful heels and mask. The measurements were perfect, and upon seeing herself in the mirror, she was practically glowing with happiness. She had practically smothered him with hugs and kisses and so many thank yous, and of course, she wanted nothing more than to wear that dress and accompany Cecil to the masquerade ball when he asked her to. She’d never been to one before. Well, she’d been to balls and parties due to being raised as a noble. Her parents only wanted the best of the best. But a masquerade ball specifically was one she’d never been to. She was curious as to what exactly it was like, as well as the Hanging Garden.

And once they arrived, she was not disappointed. The Garden was absolutely astounding, by far one of the most beautiful places Nelanna has ever seen. Her smile was uncontrollable as Cecil guided her along, and she stepped in line with his walk to lock her arm with his. He spoke, explaining that he’d only seen the Garden from afar, then complimented her own beauty. Her face heated a little as she looked up to meet his eyes, then gave him a small kiss on the cheek. “You certainly know how to make a girl feel special,” she replied with a light giggle, the words bearing more truth than one might think. Cecil’s constant surprises always made Nelanna feel as if she were the only girl in the world, or that she truly was the goddess he always believed her to be. That’s how special he always made her feel.

“Hello, darling,” Nelanna turned her attention away when the voice of another woman sounded from nearby, and looked in time to see one approaching Ensarrian whom had accompanied Nelanna and Cecil. Kohaku was the only one who stayed behind at the cottage. Nelanna couldn’t blame him; his “special day” was just around the corner now. However, it was most surprising when Ensarrian said he would go to the masquerade ball, and even more so when he said he had a date already. Nelanna wasn’t sure why, but she hadn’t exactly believed him. However, here she was proved wrong. And the woman was absolutely beautiful.

Her hair was the same raven black as Ensarrian’s, her skin on the fair side with bright eyes of gold. The dark makeup she wore around her eyes made them look that much brighter, with luscious lips that almost appeared like they had been stained with blood. Her hair was up in a fancy twist and held in place by hidden pins. Her dress was the same bloody red as her lips with black lace across the top of her breast, which was revealed a little from the dress being low cut. The skirts parted in the front to be bundled up at the sides and held together with black roses, and a more frilly black skirt to cover the front where the parting might have left her legs exposed. Her shoes were hidden by the dress that dragged on the ground an inch or two, but around her neck was a black lace choker with a red jewel in the center. Lastly, her mask was also black lace with a pair of red feathers on the right side. A more simple mask, but beautiful nonetheless.

Ensarrian greeted her by taking her hand and kissing it, his eyes remaining locked with hers through the motion with something strange in them. They looked passionate, longing. “My dear, I must say you look absolutely stunning this evening,” he said, taking both of her hands in his and stepping closer. This was a side of him Nelanna had never seen before. And it somehow made her smile.

The woman smiled at his compliment before she noticed Nelanna and Cecil, and those bloody lips curved smoothly into more of a grin. “Is this the woman you spoke of?” She asked Ensarrian, who responded with a brief nod. “I’m Nelanna,” the maiden introduced herself, then glanced up at Cecil. “This is my date, Cecil.”

“‘Tis a pleasure to meet you,” said the woman, her eyes lingering on Cecil a little more than Nelanna would have liked. She wasn’t jealous, but it made her worry for Ensarrian. Unless he already knew? “My name is Isidora. Ian has told me quite a bit about you, Miss Nelanna,” the woman added. Nelanna smiled a little, “I wish I could say the same.” The words were almost muttered beneath her breath as Isidora turned back to Ensarrian and locked herself to him shamelessly. “Well, we should let you two get to it. It was a pleasure,” she dipped her head in farewell, then the two walked off. Nelanna’s eyes lingered on the couple a moment longer, then she looked up at Cecil, smile widening. “Well then, where to first?” She asked excitedly.

Anon

Character Info
As they ascended to the first tier, Cecil's eyes glanced around with a feeling like a stone falling as a heavy weight in his stomach. Memories of those dances in the forest began forcing their way into his mind. Masquerade or not, it didn't matter, and they were frequent. So many people to mill about, adding to the opportunities to laugh and poke fun at the king's daughter with the broken wings. The point of masquerades was the anonymity, so why was there a gnawing feeling inside?

An unfamiliar voice announced someone's arrival pulled Cecil back to reality. His father was imprisoned, and Cecil was safe. Fairies, while they may mingle at such an event, would not recognize him tonight. The woman was quite stunning, Cecil had to agree. Her fair skin contrasted against the dark dress, her eyes comparable to molten gold. The dress complimented her quite well. He admired her beauty, and felt that familiar feeling of attraction trying to encourage reaction as he lingered his gaze upon Isidora. Yet, he was not going to act on those feelings. Cecil gave her a slight bow as he was introduced.

"A beautiful name for a stunning creature such as yourself, Isidora. May you enjoy your night." Ensarrian, whom Cecil already liked better than the fox, left with Isidora, leaving him alone with his goddess once more. There were too many in her life for him to get time completely alone with her, so Cecil was going to enjoy every minute of this he could get. "Well, turtledove, I was thinking we'd slowly explore the gardens. Take in the beauty of nature with each moment." He cupped her cheek as he gazed down at her masked face. "I love you." Cecil could not resist leaning down and pulling her into such a loving, deep kiss.

With their lips together, his blood would rush as time seemed to come to a grinding halt. There was only ever her in the world in this moment, and it was intoxicating. He did not want to end the kiss, either, but he had to stop for breath. "We should get going." The words came out almost regretfully, yet his feet seemed to be rooted to the spot.

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
Somehow Cecil’s lingering gaze on Isidora went unnoticed by Nelanna. He then finally answered her question, and she nodded. “I like the sound of that,” she agreed, smiling up at him. Suddenly, he took her by her cheeks and looked her in the eye. His words made her heart flutter, then a quiet squeak escaped her lips from surprise as Cecil unexpectedly kissed her. She was stunned for the first few moments, silently wondering what had brought this on so suddenly, but she quickly gave up and wrapped her arms around him. She deepened the kiss and pressed herself against him, her heart pounding, body heating and mind being swallowed up in the moment. A moment that just never seemed to last long enough.

When he pulled away, Nelanna was in a bit of a daze, as if she was trying to wrap her head around what had just happened. Then, as it began to sink in, her face became as hot as the rest of her. She cleared her throat a little, then locked herself to his arm once more, though a little tighter this time, unknowingly pressing her bosom against him. Even now she’s too oblivious to notice when she does things that might make his mind wander.

But his wouldn’t be the only one. Recently Nelanna had been wanting to spend more and more time with Cecil, and not just by dating. Kohaku was always around, and when he wasn’t Ensarrian happened to be nearby or they were out in public. They got so little time together alone that it was starting to give her an itch. She wanted to cuddle, share a romantic evening in private, and get some more of those kisses without anyone interrupting them or anything to cause them to stop.

“Cecil,” she suddenly said, her tone loud enough for only him to hear. Then, she looked up at him with longing eyes, the red on her face extending, not only to the tips of her ears, but down her neck this time, too. “Let’s…not go back to the cottage tonight,” she began, heart pounding in her ears. “Let’s stay at an Inn instead, where we can finally have some alone time, and not be interrupted by anyone. I…I want to save myself for after marriage, but…I’d at least like to spend the night with you. If…that’s what you want, too?” She placed her hand over her thrumming heart as if that would steady it. She wasn’t sure why she was so nervous. She wasn’t planning on doing anything she shouldn’t be doing before marriage. All she really wanted was to kiss him, and to fall asleep in those heavenly arms of his.

Anon

Character Info
To his great pleasure, she was taken quite by surprise by the kiss. Nelanna was dazed, and turned a beautiful shade of rose. Cecil smiled at her reaction. If he was not careful, he may not be able to control himself to pull back. He wanted her to set the pace, but she was extremely intoxicating and completely irresistible. 'Dear gods above, does she have to press her lovely bosom against me like that?' She was far more distracting than she realizes.

While Cecil continued to drink in her vision, he tried to concentrate on his feet. With any luck, he may make it through the night with minimal day dreams.  She finally broke the silence and looked up at him, her expression stirred the desire to drown in another kiss. He cocked an eyebrow at her request instead. Nelanna laid down her desires, her expectations of how the night was to be, and Cecil broke into a loving smile. So many ways he could tell her that he desired such a night with her as well, but he kept their momentum forward.

"Nelanna Fox, I would enjoy that imensily. Perhaps too much." He chuckled and gazed out at the first tier of the gardens. Hundreds of lanterns were scattered everywhere, many of them waiting to be lit. There were some couples who were lighting them, and allowing them to drift up into the sky. Cecil followed one as it ascended to find hundreds were released previously, casting a soft glow on the night from above. They floated all over the six tiers of the gardens. "Pretty…" Cecil breathed, his free hand clasping over one of hers.

The fae smiled at his date once more. "Let's release one. Have our own light up there." Cecil excitedly went to the nearest lantern and held it between them. "Forever will you be my light in the darkness, Nelanna." Together, they lit and released the lantern, and as it began to float up, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, watching it ascend into the night.

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
She wasn’t sure how he would respond, and frankly, she was quite nervous. Perhaps he wasn’t ready for something like that, or he may be wanting something more. They never really spoke about the pace of their relationship. She had no way of knowing if he wanted to go further or if he was just letting her set the pace. Either way, he knows her boundaries now. She probably should have laid them out earlier. However, he never seemed to mind. He was always a perfect gentleman. Thankfully the silent moments lasted no longer than a couple of heartbeats before she finally got her answer. Her face flushed a little more, wide eyes blinking up at him before she smiled. A night with Cecil…alone…undisturbed…oh how the thought made her heart soar. “Thank you,” was all she could think of to say for some reason.

She then shook her head, attempting to focus on their date instead of dreaming about what lies ahead. Cecil guided her onward, taking her further into the gardens. Her eyes swept across every little detail of the beautiful place with a content smile on her features. Soon enough, she spotted Ensarrian and his date, Isadora, off in the distance. The two were rather close, seemingly whispering into each other’s ears before Ensarrian took her by the hand and led her away until they left Nelanna’s sight. Curiosity seeped into her mind momentarily. Ensarrian seemed like a nice chap, despite how much he appeared to dislike Nelanna herself. He kept himself distant from her, and always reacted with anger. But this…seeing him so passionate towards another, actually having an intimate relationship with someone was quite surprising. It made her wonder what kind of person hid beneath his violent behavior.

But that didn’t matter right now. She looked back at Cecil when they finally stopped just in time to notice the lantern filled sky. Her eyes shone brightly, distracted for a second while Cecil gathered a lamp for themselves. “It’s…so beautiful,” she muttered to Cecil upon his return. Her gaze then averted to the lantern he held between them. A lantern just for the two of them. She smiled up at him oh so tenderly, her heart swelling with joy as she took part of the lantern in her hands. “And forever will you be the brilliant flame that lights my path. The flame that only makes my love for you ascend higher and higher,” she replied, basing her words after the lanter as they lit it, then released it. She watched it gradually raise higher and higher, holding Cecil closely with one arm around his back, her other hand placed upon his chest. “You make me a very happy woman,” she suddenly said, looking up at him. “You have done so much for me…no one has ever loved me enough to do the things you do. And I am grateful to you for it.”

The mood was perfect. For Nelanna, at least. The hour was late with romantic dim lighting from the lanterns, the scenery was breathtaking, and Cecil was with her, holding her in his arms. Nelanna didn’t want it to end, unless they leave to stay at an inn, of course. That would just be the cherry on top of this perfect evening. But, she supposed all perfection could not last. “Excuse me,” said an unfamiliar voice. Nelanna had to fight a frown from showing as she very reluctantly looked away, only to have her face pale at the sight of a ghostly man standing before her. “May you please help me find my love? I will grant you a reward if you do.”

Anon

Character Info
Cecil lifted a hand to hold hers which rested on his chest. He could stand here in perfect contentment forever. Nelanna broke the silence, his eyes slid down to hers. A smile spread across his features as his hand moved up to her chin. ”Well, that’s because no one has loved or cared for me the way you do.” Then he leaned in to give her a kiss when they were interrupted.

Slight irritation was unmistakably written over his face as he turned to the rude, yet incredibly polite about it… ghost? He resisted the urge to look around for mischievous fairies pranking couples with such visage. The idea to shoo him away entertained Cecil momentarily, but Nelanna would not approve and it may sour the evening. The fae sighed. ”What does she look like?” Their uninvited “guest” brightened with hopeful delight.

The ghost, while half expected to describe Nelanna, eagerly painted a picture in their minds of a dark haired beauty. Cecil released his hold on Nelanna and wrapped her arm around his. They started on their way, exploring the first tier of the garden. He whispered a warning to her as his eyes scanned the crowd. ”Be weary. This may still be a trick.”

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
The ghost asked for their help. And after taking a few moments to let that sink in, Nelanna and Cecil agreed to lend a hand. The ghost showed them the woman he was searching for, and then they were on their way. Cecil, however, did not seem too keen on the whole ordeal. He was almost suspicious, as if he were expecting it to be some sort of trick. Cecil gave her words of warning, and she smiled softly. “I will keep a watchful eye,” she assured him, curling herself around his arm tightly. Nelanna hoped it would offer him a bit of comfort. For a long time they walked around the gardens, asking around for any information regarding the woman the ghost searched for. As minutes passed like hours, Nelanna was beginning to become impatient.

She took Cecil by the hand and drug him along behind her, her pace a fast walk borderline sprinting. She wanted to help the ghost, but she was starting to wonder if this was a random goose chase. If the ghost searched for a woman from a time when he was alive, was she even still around? Nelanna would give it one more go, and if they didn’t find the woman, she would call it off and spend the rest of the night with Cecil. She was itching to have him hold her, to spoil her with his love. She was wasting her time with this search, wasn’t she?

Suddenly, dark hair caught her eye among the crowd. A woman stood alone, her beautiful face was looking off at something Nelanna couldn’t see, a glass in her hand. Nelanna’s heart leaped. It was her! She truly was there, and alive and well! Nelanna beamed and guided the ghost to her. Surprisingly, the woman wore no expression of bewilderment when the ghost approached her. No, instead she looked as if she was used to witnessing such things. Nelanna watched from a distance as the ghost declared his love to her, her eyes wide and unblinking, breath bated. But the woman shot him down, and judging by his reaction, it wasn’t the first time it had happened. Nelanna’s heart ached for him as they turned away, and she wrapped herself around Cecil’s arm once more. Her turquoise eyes remained on her feet with each step she took.

She was lucky to have Cecil. She couldn’t imagine how hard it would be to be rejected by the one you love, not once, but several times. And somehow, his feelings remained the same. His heart was loyal to the living woman; that, Nelanna could relate to. She could never love anyone other than Cecil. With a tender smile, she leaned her head over and rested it on his shoulder, allowing herself to be lost in the moment.

Anon

Character Info
Cecil's eyes kept shifting, scanning the crowd for both this lost woman and fairies who would spoil the night. Time dragged past as they searched, his impatience matched by Nelanna's own. Soon, his hand was grasped as Nelanna quickened her pace through the couples mingling all over the gardens. He wanted to tell her that speed might only make this take longer, that they could miss details. Yet, he could understand the urgency. Was this ghost an illusion? Were they searching for something that simply did not exist?

Sooner, rather than later, a woman matching the description was finally discovered. The ghost practically jumped with joy. He rushed to her side, got on one knee, and poured his heart to her. Only one person had taught Cecil hesitance and restraint, pulled on unknown desires for building a foundation for a deep and meaningful relationship. But the woman turned him down, sounding as if this was not her first time turning this man away. Cecil's heart ached for the ghost, his eyes following the misty form as he ran off, clearly distraught. Instead of down, the ghost went farther up the garden tiers, bringing to mind the rumors and myths about this place.

Nelanna seemed quiet as they walked away from the depressing scene. Cecil kept the silence as he thought about the wizard who built the gardens for his beloved. When his task was done, he eagerly brought her to see the gift. However, she denied him once more. In his misery, the wizard flung himself off the top tier to his death. The fae smiled down at Nelanna as she rested her head on his shoulder. This night was not going to be sour because one man's love transcended death only to be spurred again. He pressed his lips onto her hair. "I tire of people tonight. Let's find that inn, and forget about depressing thoughts in each other's arms."

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
Nelanna hummed softly at the feeling of Cecil’s lips pressing onto her head. For a moment she was lost in their softness, the warmth of his body against hers making her wish it would never end. She knew the very second he lets go she’ll be cold and long for his touch once more. Nelanna let a quiet giggle sound at his words, and she looked up at him with a loving smile. “I was just thinking the same thing,” she replied. Cecil then took her by the hand and guided her away from the lanterns, away from the crowds, away from the Hanging Garden. They strolled through the night arm in arm, taking their sweet time getting to the nearest inn they could find. They checked in, took the given key and headed up the stairs.

She sighed lightly with relief once they entered the room. Cecil walked in after her, and she shut the door and locked it. Turning around, she pressed her pack and palms against the door, her eyes examining the bedroom. It was just the right size for two people to share: a beautiful bed stood in the middle of the room with royal red blankets adorned with darker elegant patterns and pearly white sheets. The curtains matched the blanket colors and patterns. Dark wooded furniture matched the warm color pallets of the room, a closet on the opposite wall from the bed and a bathing room directly next to it.

She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly, eyes drifting to Cecil. She smiled softly at him, face growing a tinge warm. They were alone now, and would not be disturbed by anyone. Oh how she had waited for a moment like this! She could not wait any longer to wrap herself in his embrace and fall asleep in his arms. But, first things first, she needed to change. Her dress was far too beautiful and precious to lay down in carelessly. She knew not how much Cecil had paid to have it made, but she was not about to get it wrinkled or ruined due to some unexpected accident. “Just one moment,” she said to him, and walked into the bathing room.

Locking herself inside, she removed her dress, her heels and mask and laid them out neatly, careful not to mess them up in any way. Then she concentrated for a moment, and the next she held a nightgown. It was long enough to reach her knees, silk with laced seams, and eggplant in color. It came with a matching robe which she wrapped around herself, tying the tie tight enough around her waist to show how small it really was. Then she was out the door, pausing when her eyes laid on Cecil, her face flushing. “I…hope you don’t mind me changing. I didn’t want to take any chances of the dress getting messed up.”