Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > Star Gazing [P, R]
Nix

Character Info
Name: Mirannda Sinopa
Alignment: CN
Race: Phoenix
Class: Retired Mercenary
Silver: 174
Jasumin Lake had been something she wasn't expecting. So many things were brought to light, and Mirannda didn't like it one bit. No longer could she use her flames, could not hide in the shadows. The only thing she had managed to do so far was modify her face. Which was a good thing. If she had somehow been whisked away to this world, then her master would have found a way too. That is, assuming he'd even track her down.

With that in mind, the fact that she can still use her incognito, she could keep herself visually hidden. Now she just needed to work on hiding her mind, shielding it from invasions from people like him. Shedding Jaliza like an old snake skin, Mirannda was born. Long red hair, vivid mint eyes, more human now than she ever was. Drop dead sexy in some eyes, and not as out there as Arlyn was. This is someone who can do what she wanted without worrying about rules of a guild, without worrying about being recognized. New world, new face.

In the distance she saw a brightly lit structure floating in the sky. Intrigued, Mirannda investigated it and saw that it was somehow a garden. Little crystals everywhere to light the way, golden roped bridges from one platform to another. The phoenix found solace here, peace she had been missing for some time. Worries of the flame seemed to melt the longer she took in the flora. One tier after another, dusk had fallen, making everything even more beautiful until she was finally at the top.

A large meadow stretched on, water creating such a most beautiful sound as it rushed over the edge. Peace… Finding serenity for the first time in ages, Mirannda moved toward the center of the clearing and took a seat, crossing her legs.Allowing the scent of the gardens fill her, the phoenix relaxed, allowed her mind to stretch in meditation. "I hear you, stranger." Mirannda said softly, calling out to the only person near her. She could feel them but did not intrude on their privacy… yet. It was good to finally meditate again.

Death is only the beginning.
Vyse

Character Info
Name: Vyse
Race: Kitsune (possessing human body)
Class: Assassin
Silver: 339
This world, Revaliir, was so new to him; he'd grown old and bored in the other place. Even if the trip was agonizing and had cost him his body, he was glad to be here now. Even with the way his journey began, he wouldn't change a thing. Damn it, Vyse deserved to relax after that ordeal. He'd found his former wife and discovered her mother's involvement in erasing him from her memories. He'd been told of the loss of his children and exacted revenge on a goddess only to be shown an insurmountable kindness. Most importantly to him, he'd been given tokens of his children; a few feathers from each. He'd visited Aaryona one last time in silence to make sure she'd have the same kindness before leaving for what was likely the rest of eternity. "Welcome to Revaliir, Vyse. Have some life-altering drama right from the start," he said with a sarcastic upbeat tone.

The wind blew through his black hair as he lay in one of the few trees in this part of the uppermost ring, drawing his gaze upwards to the stars above. Dusk had fallen while he was lost in his misery and the heavens had begun to unfold. Vyse lost himself in the moment and his cares had begun to float away. A soft humming began; a simple tune that carried through the air. His crimson and gold eyes traced lazily from star to star creating patterns and shapes born of his own imagination, not that he'd be studying them or anything, but if asked he'd probably liken it to cloud watching. Everything about this moment seemed to carry his burdens away. The past was over and there was nothing for him but to look forward. Cherish what was, mourn what misery befell him, and look towards the future.

A scent reached him, carried along the winds that swept through this magical place, bringing a realization. Vyse quietly crept through the tree's branches until he found the source. A red headed woman had entered the nearby clearing and sat on the grasses. The man leaned down a bit further from his hidden branch, trying to get a better look in the waning light. The woman called out and he started, his balance faltering and throwing him from his branch to the edge of the clearing. He tumbled in the air to land on his back, his head smacking the ground with an audible thud. "Damn it all," he cursed loudly, sitting upright and rubbing his head with a wince.

His eyes fell upon the woman, on even footing with him now. "Uh," he paused, "Hello there. N-Nice night, isn't it?" Vyse was thankful for the cover of darkness as he felt sure his face had turned red from embarrassment. An eternity passed within the span of an awkward minute before he forced himself to speak again, "Do you come here often?"
Nix

Character Info
Patiently, she remained motionless. Aware as she was, Mirannda did not relish the idea of leaving the peaceful feeling so soon. It was curious to hear the effects of her single statement, how it had startled the person. Was that leaves she heard, the sudden rustle of being displaced and snapping back into position, some leaves having detached and caught in the air currents caused by a body? Even from this distance, she could hear the cringe inducing thud, peering through one lashed lid at the victim of her innocence.

The phoenix could not help but smirk as she opened both eyes with his own calling out to her. Something about the awkward moment of time was amusing to her. "Undoubtedly." Single word replies were often the most entertaining, usually providing the receiver with a flash of frustration. However, she was sure that it would not be the case in this situation. Deciding to give up completely on her meditation, she slid her hands behind her, putting her weight against the ground on her palms. Even in the dark, the way her curves were accentuated in this pose was very clear.

"Actually, it's my first time here." Mirannda replied. There was no reason to be elusive with her answers, vague, or half true. For now, she had nothing to hide but her past life. This was a chance to start fresh, a new life free of slavery once more. "Truth be told, I'm new to these lands, and this was the first place I chanced upon since my arrival." Turning her face toward the sky, she took in the stars, glitter strewn across the dark with new constellations to learn. "What about you, lethalin? Do you come to these gardens often?" She turned the question back toward him, sincere with a hint of playfulness.

Vyse

Character Info
Name: Vyse
Race: Kitsune (possessing human body)
Class: Assassin
Silver: 339
The young man grimaced and cursed himself; why did he have to slip like that? Vyse tried to pay attention to what the gorgeous woman was saying before him, but he found himself distracted by a painful sensation at his scalp. In fact, he realized there were a few unpleasant sensations there. He reached to his hair, feeling the wooden twigs and leaves that had wrapped in his hair and begun to pull and dig. He pulled the leaves and twigs out, untangling painful knots when needed and wincing through the entire process. Once all the mess was removed, he picked himself up and brushed debris off of his clothes. The remnants of broken tree encircled him in scattered chaos. He walked towards the woman with a smile and asked, "Would you mind if I joined you?"

Vyse took a seat, following the woman's gaze up to the stars above. "I can honestly say that I've never been here before in any lifetime," he said casually, "By the way, what does… That one word mean? I've never heard it before?" He sat in silence staring up at the relatively new sky for a while; this was definitely not the same sky he'd come to know over the centuries. A grin spread across his face and he leaned over towards the woman, fixing his gaze on her. "If I get hooked on you, would you hook up with me," he said with a smirk, "I mean, I already fell for you… Rather hard, too."
Nix

Character Info
Patiently, Mirannda observed the sky as the stranger began pulling stray pieces of nature from his hair. The glittering tapestry above them served to remind her how foreign she was to this world, how far from home she was. Does thsi mean she would never find her parents or their fate now? His approach pulled her back to earth, giving a small sound of approval to his request to occupy the space beside her. "Lethalin? Technically, it's supposed to mean 'someone with familiarity', such as more than acquaintance, friend or family. However, I typically use it for most everyone that has potential to be such."

His words filtered through his mind, taking form and rearranging themselves as new concepts and questions presented themselves. Any lifetime? Mirannda's eyes slid over to him, wondering how old he was. The stranger appeared quite young, barely out of childhood, taking first steps into adulthood. Yet, he turned toward her, leaned in, crimson and golden eyes boring straight into her own. She couldn't help but smirk back at him at such a corny line, and giggled at the second remark, just barely keeping it contained from full laughter. He was bold, something not many of his appearant age had. "Fall you did. Maybe I will."

To match his boldness, she leaned in and went to kiss at his cheek. He surprised her by turning his head, brushing their lips together briefly. With a soft chuckle, she repositioned herself so she was cross-legged, elbows resting on knees, staring at him."How about we start with introductions? I'm Mirannda."