Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Jasumin Plains > Hanging Gardens > [P]Last Chance[P][Event]
Sweet Revenge

Character Info
Name: Angelique Vladimir
Alignment: TN
Race: Vampire
Class:
Silver: 1041
Angelique looked for many days for Reaver. She couldn’t find him. He was good at hiding himself. Nikolaus walked beside her with his cloak pulled over his head as they entered the gates of Arri. Her father had invited them to stay a few days knowing what she was going through. “You will find him.” Nikolaus words were more of a statement then a question. He could see in how much she wanted to find the man she love and explain to him everything that happened.

The vampire looked at her maker. A frown lining her lips. She still regretted turning her soul off and everything after. She learned after the curse before, she had to live with the things she done, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t move forward from it. The only thing she couldn’t move forward was leaving Reaver the way she did. She wouldn’t let herself think he was dead. He was stronger than the vampire hunter any day.

When she finally reached the manor where his father and his soon to be wife lived, she knocked. Clyde was quick to answer the door, knowing it was his daughter. “Angelique..” He sighed with happiness seeing his daughter. Taking her into his arms, he hugged her close. The vampire melted into her father's arms. She didn’t realize how much she missed him. It had been a few months seen they had seen each other. “Father.” She said into his chest. “I missed you, my angel.” He said with a smile pulling away to look at her. He hadn’t called her Angel before and hoped it didn’t offend her in anyway. All he saw was a smile on her face. “It’s been too long. Come in.” Clyde motioned for them to enter and close the door behind her.

That was a week ago, now it was a day before the ball. Her father had taught her the way of sending a note. It was hard to learn at first but she finally got it. Sitting down at the desk in her room. She stared down at the blank parchment before her. She was hoping it worked. Taking the ink quill she began to write in script writing.

My Dearest Reaver,
I know you probably don’t want to speak to me after
the way I just left you in Adeluna. I am sorry. I have
my soul back. I shouldn’t have done what I did and
I would like to explain everything to you.
I am in Arri. There will be a ball tomorrow night,
I will be there. The one in red. Please, come.
I miss you.
I love you.

Angelique

After signing her name she folded up the parchment. Holding it out in her hands, she closed her eyes. “Reaver.” She whispered his name and the parchment burned in her hands. It would appear before him wherever he was in a puff of smoke. “Please, come.” She whispered as she stepped away from her desk.

After a day of shopping for the right dress,, and a tux for her maker and her father. She finally fell onto the bed. She didn’t need sleep but she let it take her.

The next day was the busiest she had ever seen the down. Looking out her window, she saw the crowded streets. A smile curved on her lips, it was the day of the ball. Soon she was having breakfast with her father, mostly watching him eat and she was drinking the blood provided. The next was getting any last minute thing her father and them needed. Then it was getting ready.

After she washed herself, she sat before the mirror in a silk black robe. Staring at herself, she sighed and finally started on her make up. The vampire placed gray shadow on her eyes, and black painted lashes and her lips a red to match her dress. With a smile to herself in the mirror, she placed her mask over her eyes. A simple black mask with glitter. “I need to try to have fun tonight..” She thought to herself. “Even if he doesn’t come.” She couldn’t be sad anymore. She needed to smile, she needed to laugh.

Finally it was almost nightfall when she came down the stairs. Her hair was pinned back in a twist along the top of her neck. She never wore her hair up, so it was different for her. Her dress was a bright deep red with a very low V neck. A black belt was around her waist with a gold floral buckle. A long slip was high up to the top of her thigh. Then simple black heels. The only jewelry she wore was the necklace given to her by her maker who stood at the foot of the steps.

Nikolaus wore a black simple suit. His shirt white with a ruffled collar with a black black vest. His mask covered half his face. The color black with white and gold swirls. He smiled at her and held out his arm. Looping her arm with his, he lead them out into the streets. It wasn’t long before they walked into the ballroom. “Have a good time tonight.” He said as he turned to her. “You need to.” He cupped his hand on her cheek for a moment.

With a nod, she agreed. Taking her to the dance floor, he twirled her around then placed a hand on her hip, the other held up her hand. They danced around the floor and hopped this night would clear her mind of the past.

Reaver

Character Info
Name: Reaver Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf (Beta)
Class: High Priest of Shadows
Silver: 445
Reaver could hardly remember what had happened when he and Angelique had parted after their wave of massacres throughout Adeluna’s districts. The vampire hunter and his gang went after them mercilessly and they were separated in all of the commotion. He ended up killing most of them, the leader included but he couldn’t find any sign of his love. Not that she was behaving like normal as he was coming to terms with it. Hell, he wasn’t acting like himself- he let his anger take over. It was something that he had done in the past and had swore that he would never indulge in again. But this, with her disappearance and reemergence without her soul had driven him to go down that dark path again.

He became a monster again and soon he felt himself get sick to his stomach over the unwarranted death of the guards and the noble household. He slipped out of the city and aimlessly wandered up north, trying to think of what to do. It took him forever to find her and now he wasn’t even sure she wanted him like he believed. He needed help and with that in mind, he went to the only person he had left. One that had escaped the darkness as well.

The journey took nearly a week or so but he made it to Arri and found his vampire brother. Showing up at his doorstep and the meeting that followed was awkward to say the least, but slowly the two started to make amends. It wasn’t easy for Reaver after what he had put Raeguel through because of his past doings back when he was trying to bury the hatchet. The assassin had been in darker times and drunk off of booze and blood and wanted nothing to do with the now daywalker. It took all night of conversing but they were getting onto the right path. Why, he was more comfortable about learning about the nephew and niece he had never seen and knew that at some point he would have to see them. But for the time being, he had to get himself together so that he could search for and help Angelique like he had been helped.

He had been in his chambers, reciting old prayers from his days back at the Augustus manor with some prayer beads in his hands when a parchment appeared in one of them. Reaver stared at it cluelessly before opening and reading its contents. “Raeguel!”, he called out as he reread the letter and was able to do it a third time when the white haired man came in. “What is…”, he started before Reaver handed it to him. After some time, he stared at the dark haired vampire and nodded. “I think she means it. Is that what you wanted to hear”

“I don’t know anymore. I shouldn’t have let her get kidnapped and none of this wouldn’t have happened”, he replied bitterly at his own faults.

“Do you love her?”, Raeguel asked and Reaver shot a look at him.

“Of course I do.” The answer came out clear and without hesitation.

“Then, what are you waiting for?” he replied and put a hand onto his shoulder. “Don’t let her slip through your fingers. Go and get her.”

Reaver let out a small smile and hugged his brother before leaving to gather some things. By the start of the evening he was just about ready to leave. His black hair was combed back neatly, he was dressed in both a black dress shirt and trousers of great quality complete with formal gloves and high boots. He adjusted the wrist cuffs and finally placed onto the golden mask over the top half of his face before setting off for the festival.  

The closer he drew towards the party, the more nervous he could feel himself becoming. He didn’t want to fail her yet again, no there would be no forgiving himself should that be the case. He mustered up every bit of courage in him as he entered and swam through the masses of people present while trying to find her scent in the air. It lead him onto the dance floor where he could see the people dancing with loved ones and having a joyous time. It reminded him of the good times he had with Angelique before the world around them came crashing down. In one way or another, they seem to tempt fate with their relationship. He wanted to start anew with her, and those emerald eyes that seeped through his mask spotted a woman of the description she gave unto him dancing with another gentleman. Reaver slowly made his way over to the couple and tapped at his shoulder lightly. “May I be so bold to ask to cut in?”, he asked him before his eyes came across the heavenly woman there. It was a different side to her that he wasn’t used to seeing, but she was a beautiful sight to behold. “I didn’t wish to keep her waiting for long and there are some things that must be said.”

Alt Account of Brandon, Admin :P
Sweet Revenge

Character Info
Class:
With a twirl, Nickolaus smiled down at her. “What is it?” Angelique asked. Before he could answer, someone tapped his shoulder. Stepping back, he nodded to Reaver. “Take good care of her.” Was all he said before he walked away his hand holding up Angelique’s arm for a moment to lay it onto Reavers shoulder. With that the vampire was gone within the crowd.

“Reaver..” She whispered. Angelique was in awe while they danced slowly around the dance floor. She didn’t know what to say for a moment besides look up at his face. She couldn’t believe he really came. After everything that happened he came to her. Looking up into his green eyes, she missed feeling this way when she looked in them. He was the first and only man she loved. How could she do the things she did? How could she not think of him when she needed someone most?

The end of the song pushed her thoughts away. “Come with me.” She slipped her hand into his and lead him off the dance floor. She needed to tell him what happened. She lead them up to the very top of the halos. Many people gathered down in the ball below. Only few couples walked around the meadow looking up at the floating lanterns. Seeing an empty bench, that is where she decided to have them sit.

Sitting before him, she looked into his green eyes. She was silent looking into them, almost as if she was looking at him with new eyes. Having her soul back was a different feeling. Flashes of the massacre they did together appeared in her mind. Her eyes left his and looked down onto they’re joining hands. “I should tell you why..I turned I turned off my soul…” She continued, not stopping even if he told her to. She needed to say this. “Clyde came to me after Nicolaus turned me..” Her voice was soft. Not wanting to look into his eyes just yet, she continued. “You see… Clyde was my mother’s best friend since before I was born. He became my uncle and was always around. Until…He wasn’t. I never knew why and hated him for it.” She paused for a moment as the memories of the past floated into her mind.

“He told me that he was my father and that the man who raised me wasn’t. The reason he left was because he found out and threaten my mother and I.” Her eyes started to fill with tears. “I thought my mother died of an illness all this time, when it was that bastard of a father that killed her.” With a pause, she pulled herself together as she finally looked into his eyes. “Vampires have a way to shut off they’re soul… Only some can control that…switch. When you do this, you lose all reason and you don’t care about anything….After Clyde told me all this I just ran. I didn’t want to feel all the pain that crushed down on me…. Reaver, I should’ve came to you instead of doing what I did….. I am so sorry.” Her eyes looked into his, hoping he wouldn’t turn away from her; she was on the verge of tears. He was the only one he told of this. She couldn’t keep this in any longer. She needed to feel the pain it felt, needed to push through it and believe he would be there.

Reaver

Character Info
Name: Reaver Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf (Beta)
Class: High Priest of Shadows
Silver: 445
While Reaver did not know who the man Angelique was dancing with at the time, he seemed trustworthy, especially if she had. “I will”, he responded before turning his attention to her. There were plenty of things left unsaid between the two since that wicked night. He had lost her, not only physically when the hunters came after them, but he felt like he had so emotionally either with her losing her soul. It wasn’t long before they started to dance, barely any words spoken between them as he tried to find his voice to address the whole thing. If there had been anything about the two of them that he knew, it was that it took a lot to get them speak up about how they felt. Fortunately this time he didn’t have to turn into a cat again.

Their waltz continued as he watched her with attentive eyes, mentally counting down the seconds before they would have to break the ice. How would he be able to explain his own actions of late? The lives he took regardless of right or wrong? Would she be the one to leave this time? He kept a stoic face until the end of the song as she guided him off to their own private area far from the eyes of the others. “Angel… “, he spoke with hesitancy when he recalled the last time he called her that. The memory made him feel along his neck but then he let her take his hands and prepared himself for the storm. Reaver gripped at hers tightly as she started to tell him what happened. She was turned again, yes, but now he knew who had done so in Nicolaus. She further explained Clyde’s role in all of this, he looked to her with growing shock.

The man she killed he knew to be her father wasn’t and Clyde was her actual parent, but there were things that were out of his and her control. The emotional storm that brew inside her was the thing to bring her to tradeoff her soul to be numbed to the pain, any pain. He had heard tales of vampires that went without souls, but it was thought to be a myth among the children of the dead. Apparently not. He released his hands from hers and cupped either side of her face as he looked on with remorse screaming from his eyes. “You couldn’t have, we were far from one another at the time. I tried to find you, spent months looking for any trail. But it went cold. By the time I find you…it was too late.”

“I know how it feels to hold a grudge. After over a thousand years, I’ve started to bury the hatchet with my brother and the only other survivor of our clan’s destruction. Raeguel had lost his way for a long time until now, and I have to admit that I’d had as well.” It was his turn to shy his gaze away from Angelique. “When I couldn’t find you, I gave into the darkness and killed indiscriminately throughout Kurayo and the boat ride off the island. Our meeting at Adeluna was by chance really, and I don’t know what would happen if I hadn’t found you.” He came closer to her and went to wipe the tears away. “Love…what happened when we parted?”, he asked, assuming that the switch she referred to had been reversed back and with it, her soul came back.

“After we parted again, I felt the pain again. The darkness was lifted and I was left with all the guilty and pain of my actions. It was something I hadn’t partaken in since my days of being an assassin. I went to Raeguel and stayed with him up until now. I received your letter and was hurt by the whole thing, but…” He looked up to her and placed his forehead against hers. After everything they been through, he couldn’t just forget what they had and meant to one another. “I love you Angelique. I never stopped and will not up to my dying day.”

Alt Account of Brandon, Admin :P
Sweet Revenge

Character Info
Class:
Feeling his hands circle her face, Angelique stared into his eyes. His comment made her heart ache. After everything he always tried to look for her. She never had this much love from a man ever. A sigh left her lips, if only Nikolaus didn’t think she was in danger he wouldn’t have taken her from Reaver. The memory flashed in her mind, he had taken her from Reaver. After her scream left her lips, she blacked out. She only remembered waking up in a room, she didn’t know where at first. When she finally explained everything to Nikolaus, she went out to look for Reaver. When she didn’t find him that was when Nikolaus asked the question he once asked her. She accepted and became a vampire. Soon after, there was Clyde.

Hearing Reaver's voice speak again, the memory faded away to only concentrate on him. “Over a thousand…” She repeated his age. It was like everyone around her was ten times older than her. Nikolaus was over a thousand, so was her father and his sister. Blinking away the tears that was once in her eyes, she continued to listen to the man she loved. When he looked away from her she continued to stare at his face.

When he asked what happened a small smile curved on her lips. “My father found me and his sister. They fought for me to have an emotion. That is the key when you don’t have a soul. Any emotion, whether it is pain, love, or sadness. Pain was they’re key to my soul.” She paused as she looked away. She had been through so much and somehow he was there, loving her.

When he spoke again, she looked away like he did. When he leaned his head against hers, her eyes looked back at his. “I love you, Reaver.” She replied with a smile then kissed his lips. Their kiss was soft this time. Not rough and wild like the last time they saw each other.

“The course of true love never did run smooth.” The voice before them pulled them apart. Her eyes looked upon a man before them. He was almost transparent. He looked young, maybe only in his early twenties. The dagger in his neck drew her attention. Even though he was dead, blood seemed to flow from it, but it didn’t fall to the ground.

“I didn’t know ghost’s roamed the gardens.” Angelique was the first to speak. “Three of us roam the gardens.” His eyes looked around the garden area, sad. “I see her sometimes. The woman who will forever have my heart. Only glances here and there, she is gone before I can even say her name replaced by the man who keeps us apart.” A frown was on his lips as he looked back at the two lovers on the bench. “My name is Thomas. The woman I love is Caroline. Her father Fredrik keeps us from each other.” He paused before he asked what he wanted more then anything. “Please find Caroline. She doesn’t know I am here. Please, from someone who also loves to another.” He motioned to Reaver then to Angelique. “Help me find the love of my life so I may rest in peace with her?”

Angelique eyes turned to Reaver. The ghost pulled at her heart. Standing up, she smiled at Thomas. “We will find her. I Promise." The ghost was so grateful to the two before he suddenly disappeared with a scream. A man appeared in his place. "Do not find her. Or you will find only death." The man warned, he was more corporeal than Thomas. Angelique knew he meant there own death. "They will be together." Angelique eyes narrowed at the man. Fredrik screamed into his face before her twirled and disappeared. The force of his disappearance forced Angelique back into Reaver's arm. "Holy Shit." She cursed, stunned a bit.