Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Himinn Pass > Railoch > A Dangerous Challenge [P/R]
Firesong

Character Info
Name: Drake Alzrahi
Alignment: CG
Race: Celestial Dragonstar
Class: Dragon Knight
Silver: 787
I know of what you seek.

It was a simple letter, and while it was a bit out of the way, Drake had decided to go for it.  Perhaps this person had information on the celestial that haunted his dreams.  It's not the best place to meet, to be honest.  Lightning cracked through the sky, and thunder rocked Drake to his very core.  He could make out figures in the distance; probably more golems.  Drake shuddered.  He had, unluckily, run into one of them by accident, which almost killed him.  He wouldn't make that mistake twice, and instead tried his best to avoid them.  Even with my draconic magic I could barely survive.  I'd hate to run into more than just one.  

Another crash of thunder rocked the plains.  The rain was subdued for the moment, no longer a torrent like before.  It definitely made Drake's trip to the meeting point easier.  So far he had been lucky with the lightning.  A few struck nearby, but none close enough to affect Drake.  At least, not yet.  

"This better be worth it," he said to himself aloud.  "If not…ugh, so much time wasted."  He shifted his cloak, letting his wings spread out a little.  At least in the storm, he felt more comfortable with his hybrid form.  Nearly ten minutes later, he found himself at a rock formation.  Behind it was a small, fragmented house.  Drake wasn't even sure how it was standing.  

"Well…I'm here!" he called out.  "Show yourself!"

Raize

Character Info
Name: Rhenakos Raize
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Berserker/Hunter
Silver: 1658
Rhenakos had been waiting far too long.  He had done his research on Drake, and had concluded that, even if this man didn't know the demon he was looking for, that he did have enough information that warranted hunting him down.  The most interesting part, was that rumor was…

"You're part demon," Rhenakos said aloud.  Perhaps his information was wrong, but it rarely was.  And even if it wasn't…well, it didn't matter.  Rhenakos would just kill him to be sure.  It wouldn't hurt.  But where was he?  Would he take the bait?  Rumor was, he was searching for someone.  Or something.  The details really didn't matter.  In fact, Rhenakos could honestly have cared less.  

Ah.  There you are!  As the figure rounded the side of the rock formation, a bolt of lightning struck.  Rhenakos used the following thunder to rush out of his hiding spot in the shack, drawing his blade.  He wouldn't have much time to react.  Though if you're anything like the rumors say….I'm in for one hell of a fun fight!  His right eye widened with maddening glee as he leaped into the air, his sword arcing downward.

"Show me you're power, you demon filth!  Bring me one step closer!" he called out, his voice on the verge of deranged.  

Bite me.
Firesong

Character Info
Time seemed to slow down as the adrenaline kicked in for Drake.  As the flash from the lightning wore off, he was confronted with a crazed man leaping at him, poised to cleave Drake clean in half.  There was no time to dodge, so Drake did the only thing he thought he could do.  Flames erupted around Drake, transforming his arms into their draconic counterparts, the scales taking the blow straight on.  With a not quite human roar, Drake threw his arms out, forcing his opponent's blade to the side.  

"-the hell are you!?" Drake roared, his eyes flickering red as he readied a full strength punch.  Now was not the time to hold back, and he felt no fear for his opponent.  That blow wasn't normal.  Magical strength, akin to mine.  He can take a hit.  Mana flowed through his body, and flames circling his clawed fist, augmenting it as he lashed out with a full force punch, catching the man off guard, sending him crashing into the debilitated shack, causing it to finally come crashing down.

Drake was panting, his arm still outreached as he caught his breath.  His heart was still pounding from the surprise attack, but it was starting to slow.  The rain started to come down harder, pelting his body, stinging what was still flesh.  Well…?" Drake wondered.  What would happen next? 

Raize

Character Info
Name: Rhenakos Raize
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Berserker/Hunter
Silver: 1658
As Rhenakos' blade hit Drake's arms, his smile got even wider.  Ah…yes…there we are.  Though, to be fair…those aren't the arms of a demon.  They look more like a dragon.  Yes…a dragon.  Well, I can slay a dragon.  Not a demon, but close enough!  At this point, during his mental rant, he had let his guard completely down.  His blade had been parried, and when he finally realized what was happening, there was a dragon fist planted firmly in his stomach.  

His body was sent flying, crashing into the forsaken shack, causing it to crash down on him.  The hunter blacked out for a moment, but quickly came to.  Everything seemed to hurt, but overall, he was still alive, and at least somewhat functional.  With a mass amount of effort, he shoved some wood planks and a fragment of steel off of him, and staggered up, groaning.  A steel bar had decided to implant itself in his left shoulder, which he looked at, and grunted.  I'll get that later…for now, I should just-

There was a strange, tingling sensation that spread about his body.  Oh.  Oh no.  He could feel the electricity crackling in the air in anticipation.  Quickly, he grabbed the bar, and ripped it out, nearly blacking out from the pain, tossing it aside.  As soon as he did, a bolt of lightning, intent on striking that particular metal bar, crashed down, sending him once more flying, this time into the side of the rock formation.  

Rhenakos, once more, found himself struggling to stand up, but doing so just barely.  "Okay, maybe….maybe this wasn't the best idea…" he said aloud.  The pain in his shoulder was flaring to the point of causing him tears.  "But you know…if you just….just give me what I want, I might…might just let you off the hook…." he called out.  "Take it or leave it!"

Bite me.
Firesong

Character Info
Drake watched in horror as the man seemed to shake off his blow, and stand up among the shack's rubble.  Furthermore, the man had a steel bar just idly implanted in his arm, which he seemed relatively unfazed about.  "What the hell are you!?" Drake asked.  No sooner than the words left his mouth when a bolt of lightning cascaded down, and the man mercilessly ripped the metal bar from his arm and threw it to avoid the blast.  

As close as Drake was, he was tossed back along with the man, landing roughly on his bottom.  Quickly, he jumped up, readying his stance, only to see the hunter stagger up, loudly proclaiming Drake give him what he wants.  What was it that he wants?  The draconian blinked.

"Er….I'm sorry?" he asked.  "I'm not sure I understand.  You never told me what you were after.  I don't even have a name from you!"   This…this must clearly be a madman.  Maybe I shouldn't have gone full out on him.  Though….even one lost in madness can still be a viable threat.  

"Who are you!?  What do you want!"  The rain was pouring in sheets now, but Drake could barely feel it.  Everything except the crimson haired man before him faded from view.  This madman was a threat.