Roleplay Forums > Parvpora > Himinn Pass > Feeorin Forest > One Night [P/R]
Talise

Character Info
Name: Talise Rose
Alignment: LN
Race: Fairy/Rosenite
Class:
Silver: 799
When he turned and kissed her lips the fey almost melted right off Talise blushed more and smiled towards him. “I’ll go wherever you go if you’ll have me by your side some more.” It was such a quiet whisper before she moved to get their lips closer. She stopped though, there was a twisted frown on her face not because of him but because of the woman she knew was watching. “Not here…”

She moved her lips to his ear. “Not when the redhead devil is watching.” Her face was still red as she grabbed him and fell backward into a sea. It felt like a warm bath as they passed through a gate. They tumbled through and hit the hard ground. Her arms were around his neck and she was blushing more as she looked up at him.

He was strategically over her as they laid against the grass of Feeorin right outside of her stump home. “Here…” Talise closed the gate and pulled him down to her but unless he really truly wanted it once more, their lips would never meet. She wanted him to choose no matter how much she longed for it herself.

“Stay with me.”

Vibrato

Character Info
Name: Gerard di Vervaine
Alignment: CN
Race: Nokken
Class: Bard
Silver: 0
His face was burning up like water in a kettle, and when she whispered in his ear his heart was ready to fly to the stars. "I'll go wherever you go if you'll have me by your side some more." There was a pause, then a change in her tone. "Not here… Not when the redhead devil is watching." Before he could say another word they were falling. It was when they hit the ground and rolled in the purple grass that he knew where they were. "Clever, sending us to Parvpora. As long as none of your brothers or sisters are around, I'll be able to walk without looking for eggshells to step on." 

She was holding onto him, and he let both of them stay in silence for a while–close together before wrapping his arms around her. Talise wasn't upset that they had kissed, even if it was on accident. "Stay with me." He held her gaze before lowering his head to plant a kiss on her forehead. The scent of Feeorin's enchanted air and the hint of sea brine mixed to make a perfume of its own. "I will. I'll stay with you as long as you wish for me to." Up above the sky began to shimmer as an aurora reached across the stars. Hues of the rainbow ebbed and flowed like a celestial river, and he rolled onto his back so they were side by side. "I suppose I'll need to prepare to move soon. Can't have your mother's eyes bearing down on us all the time." He smiled, looking at her. With his black flower behind his ear and her glowing lilies, they were a matched pair. "I've only been in the Highlands for a decade or more, but moving house shouldn't take long."

"I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist. And I am absolutely sure that whatever you're planning isn't going to work."
Talise

Character Info
Class:
“I’ll kill em if they are watching.” From the lips of a shy woman came a very valid threat to who ever was around. They would have their alone time.

The fey felt so safe in his arms as he wrapped her close and kissed her forehead. Sure it wasn’t a direct kiss but it still made her feel all warm and fuzzy. There was a smile on her face as she snuggled into him. “Good, the same can be said about me.”

Talise let his go so they were laying together watching the skies above. “Aye,” she said as she smiled over at him. “I’ve been here three hundred years.” There was a small idea blooming in her head. “Why not…” She thought about it. “Stay with me until you can find a new home… Who knows maybe we’ll work out so well we can find a home where you and I can stay together. Far away from the prying eyes of my mother.”

Her hand moved over and entangled in his as she closed her hands and laughed. “We never got to eat dinner.”

Vibrato

Character Info
"I'd like that. Living all by myself over there yonder, I doubt much would be disturbed if I left. The most difficult part would be leaving behind the vineyard and orchard." He watched the aurora undulate like a pennant while he thought it over. "I've grown quite attached to them. Started them all from a batch of seedlings, and nursed them into the trees and sprawling vines they are now. But I suppose it's time for a change in scenery." He sighed, his heart feeling both heavy and light. Odd as it were, it was like leaving behind one's children. Those apple trees and grape vines were his 'little ones'. He had chased deer from them, shooed away thieving birds looking for a quick snack, and even sent meddling moles packing. And when they were mature, he defended them from foxes and thieves of the human variety.

It was then his stomach remembered they had only drank a few sips of wine back at the tavern. "Indeed… Is there anything in particular you want? All I'll need is a gateway to my pantry and I can bring the ingredients over. I might not have any rose wine, but I do have a few bottles of vintage." Gerard was eager to have the chance to show off what he considered to be a decent level of skill in cooking. Having lived alone for so long gave him plenty of time to perfect the art. 

"I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist. And I am absolutely sure that whatever you're planning isn't going to work."
Talise

Character Info
Class:
Talise blushed lightly and smiled at him as she thought about it. “Well… You don’t have to lose them, Gerard…” She was so shy about the words that she was struggling to say. “You can bring some seedlings and we can grow them together. They can be yours… I’ll make them grow like I did my Burr Berry Tree.” There was another blush on her face. “It can be ours.”

Thinking about it for a few moments she ended up laughing. “Surprise me, Gerard. Give me the best dish you know how you make with what you have.” She sprung over and kissed him gently as she smiled. “Vintage is fine over Rose Wine… Whatever you have will do as long as it's with you.”

It sounded so weird being so lovable with him. “I can set the plates and stuff inside while you go and get it.” She stood up gently. “You can use my stove to cook if you want… Meet me inside when you get back." She smiled a bit more, it was sort of a stupid smile but it was alright with her because it was him. So she went inside and set up the house waiting for him to come back. She just wished he had an easier time fitting into her house.

Vibrato

Character Info
When he heard that bringing the orchard and vineyard over was possible, he was overjoyed! "I don't have to leave them alone, I can bring them with me! The little seedlings, they'll be with me again!" Gerard could hardly believe it, he was so happy that he was almost crying. His vines, his trees, his precious plants–they wouldn't be left behind! Wiping his eyes he tried to keep himself composed but it wasn't working this time. He had poured his heart and soul into those old plants. He was afraid of moving away for that reason alone, but if they could be transplanted or started from scratch as seeds, then he could start over again. Time was something he had plenty of, so even if they started from the very beginning he could wait until they were fully grown again.

When the gateway opened to his home, he went through partway and turned back to say to her: "You won't be disappointed. I'll bring over the best of what I have." He gave her a grin before disappearing into it. Back in his home, he touched the place where she had kissed him with his hand. Smiling to himself, he made haste to bring what he needed. Returning with flour, eggs, fruit, a bottle of wine, and a wedge of cheese he began to set up in the kitchen. The first thing he made was dough, and he made a cheese quiche and a fruit tart. When both were done, he plated them and showed them proudly to Talise. The cheese quiche had some Abedi spice mixed into the grated cheese which now bubbled golden brown. The fruit tart had apples and some canned pears from Venti. Pouring two glasses of wine for them both, he finished setting everything in place. He waited for her to try a bit of both, waiting for her response.

Talise

Character Info
Class:
Talise spent the moments after the kiss making sure the house was at least more organized than the last time he was in it. Not that there was much to organize. Gently the half fey began to swirl the curls of white she had around her finger and grumbled a bit. “Something… AH!” She cleared the table and moved the stuff to the bed before getting out a nice table cover and setting it on the table.

She moved a small vase over with two red roses in it, they were after all the symbols of her court. Once he was back and cooking Talise fluttered above him as not to disturb him. Her violet eyes watched him intensely as she tried to learn how he cooked and how he combined things. She fluttered back to the ground and went to the table as he finished up.

“Thank you.” She blushed a bit as he set up the food on the table. “It looks delicious Gerard.” She reassured him as he showed her. “I can’t wait to try it.” She took one of the wine glasses from him before trying the food he had prepared. For a few moments, she was quiet as she chewed on it. “This is…” She tilted her head and smiled at him. “It’s delicious! This is certainly better than any food from that tavern because it’s made by you.”

She put some of the food on her fork and offered it up to him so he could take a bite now. “Here, you eat too.” She didn’t mind feeding him it and besides, it sounded like a cute idea.

Vibrato

Character Info
He watched Talise try what he had made, leaning his head on his arm. What did she think? Was it good? Everyone's personal tastes were different, so there was no standard set in stone for cooking. He tried to figure out her approval rating by reading her expression. While he was making the tart and the quiche, he had completely forgotten if she had been watching. Now that he thought about it, it was a good thing he didn't. He'd likely slip up or miss a step knowing she was looking over his shoulder. The dough for both was simple, not exactly flaky but more like a crust that crumbled. He had forgotten to take the butter in his rush back through the portal, and working the butter into layers would have taken more time. The cheese was grated and folded into the dough with a sprinkling of Abedi spice like a package, while the canned pears, apples, and raisins were chopped and put in as is. 

"This is…" Gerard held his breath internally. Then her eyes lit up. "It's delicious! This is certainly better than any food from that tavern because it's made by you." Looking aside, he held back from grinning like a fool. "Your flattery knows no bounds, does it? Go on, give me your honest opinion." He was on cloud nine on the inside however, and was trying to keep his cool. When she offered to give him some of what he had cooked, he hesitated before accepting it. In reality he was giving himself time to keep the blood from rushing to his face, ruining his composure. To his relief, it wasn't half bad! "…Oh. I guess you're right." He chewed in an awkward silence trying to figure out what to do.

What was he supposed to do in this situation? He couldn't let Talise initiate everything. Should they chat? No they've been doing that already. Holding hands? Wait no, that already happened. They already kissed, albeit unintentionally. They were having a date by themselves right now. This was awful, here he was sitting with someone who was like his other half and admittedly even Lorelei would probably have an idea as to what he should do next. That very thought was reprehensible to every fiber of his being, and he would not stand for it. …Wait that was it. A gift! Right, he had come with a visiting present to Sularia but he hadn't prepared anything for Talise herself. The only question was, how to go about it? They had just met, and it was too early to think of proposing. They weren't even at that stage yet, just barely beginning courtship. Most men would think of simply giving jewelry or a nice dress, but not Gerard. He didn't like following after others blindly. If he wanted to give a gift, he wanted to make sure they liked it.

Breaking the awkward silence he cleared his throat. "I know it's a bit sudden, but would it be alright with you to open a portal to my house again? I realized I forgot something on my haste gathering the cooking ingredients."

Talise

Character Info
Class:
A soft smile came to her face as he wanted her honest opinion. “That was my honest opinion I promise. I’m not normally one to sweeten things if I don’t like them. It is much better to be blunt and honest than to lie and get someone’s hopes up.” That was just how she felt about it. When he tasted it she chuckled lightly. “I told you so.”

Tilting her head she nodded a bit as he cleared his throat and she listened to him. “Yes, I could do that my magic has already come back from the last time I opened a portal so I would be glad to.” She gave him a sweet grin as she waved her hand and a portal opened up for him. “I’ll be here.” If anything she understood how frustrating forgetting something could be.

Once he was back at his home Talise took her time to change into a light and cute looking silk nightgown. She blushed a bit as it was a tad big on her and the straps kept falling off her shoulders. She wanted to be comfortable around him and her outfit for dinner had overstayed its visit with her. She took the flowers of her hair and braided it into one fine french braid and tossed it over her shoulder. She sat back down at the table and waited for him to come back as she twiddled her thumbs.

When he finally did come back she blushed once more and chuckled. “I hope you don’t mind that I changed. I hate staying formal for so long and this is much more comfortable for me.”

Vibrato

Character Info
Once he was through the portal, Gerard made a mad dash through his entire house. He was pulling open drawers, cabinets, even nearly upending his dresser just to find something–anything that would be suitable. It had to be something new, something unique. Rifling through his box containing his lapel pins, his pocket chains, earrings, and pendants he dug through it like a mole in fast forward. These paltry trinkets weren't good enough for a gift. Pushing it aside, he ran down to his cellar. Soon he was back in the first floor again, turning things inside-out, checking every nook and cranny.

It was then he saw the jar. It wasn't just any ordinary jar—it was a large glass jar full of pearls. Whenever he went diving off the eastern coast of Canelux, he would sometimes find one that was particularly perfect in shape or extraordinarily large. Instead of selling them off for a handsome sum, he had kept them here for a rainy day. Today the weather was perfect, but it was the right time to take it. Clutching it carefully, he returned through the portal back to Talise's house. Holding it behind his back, he was taken by surprise when he saw Talise had changed her clothes. Seeing that he had taken notice, she blushed. "I hope you don't mind that I changed. I hate staying formal for so long and this is much more comfortable for me."

"Oh…not at all! It's very fitting." He considered taking off his overcoat but remembered why he had given her an excuse to run back home. Clearing his throat again, he tried to present what he had been planning. "I appreciate your favor for letting me take a quick trip back home. I found that thing I was looking for…and…I wanted…to give you this." The last words were staccato as his anxiety caused his throat to tense up. Holding out the jar of his pearl collection, he shyly handed it to Talise. "Sometimes I take a dive off the coast of the continent on weekends for clams. I usually sell what I find on most days, but occasionally I find a particularly nice one–so I'd keep it. If you want, I can tell you how I found each one." He was fidgeting now, behind his back.