Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Mo'Mey Steppes > Old Men[P]
Hacesh

Character Info
Name: Hacesh
Alignment: CG
Race: Dragon
Class:
Silver: 0
The great beast had come to the area to hunt, and hunt he had!

The forty foot dragon was lazily laying on his side in the grass, grey scales gleaming in the sunlight of the afternoon, four deer carcasses nearby stripped off all the meat, blood around his muzzle. He had feasted well. Hacesh sighed happily, he was in fact asleep, after a meal like that who wouldn't get sleepy? He had scared away for a good distance the orcs that were in the area so they wouldn't be bothering him any time soon, which was a nice thought.

Hacesh wasn't out here for any reason other than hunting, maybe he could find some treasure later, but for now he was content in his afternoon nap. His hording had kicked a little more than normal the last few days, and his horde was safely hidden deep in the Highlands, in a cave that, he hoped, he only knew of, behind a rock that, hopefully, only he could move. He had tried to hide as best he could, and, honestly, in almost twenty-five hundred years since he had been putting that horde together no one had found it, so he must have done something right.

Still, dragons are what they are and hording and protecting that horde was a part of them. No matter how friendly a dragon was, to have an intruder uninvited in their horde was a cause for a great deal of concern and possibly a trigger for violence. Hacesh even dreamed of his horde! He dreamed of it being larger than it was now, large enough that he could lay full stretched out on the pile and sleep on it comfortably.

Hacesh snored a little in his sleep and some ravens had come down from the sky to pick at what he had left that they could eat. His tongue came out and licked at the blood on his snout as he grumbled and grunted in his sleep rolling over a little with a grunt before continuing on snoring.
Donsha

Character Info
Name: Donsha
Alignment: TN
Class: Dragon
Silver: 348
Donsha sailed over the blue skies of Mo Mey as he exercised his wings. He felt power flow threw his veins with every thrust downward of his wings. Exercise did good for a dragon of his age. Soon enough, in the next one thousand years or so his old wings wouldn't be able to hold up in the air anymore. As he soared around his hunting grounds, something unfamiliar caught his eye. He let his self drop slowly and circled back to observe the anomaly. He liked to think of his self as lord of the mountain, this was his land. No, the people didn't revere him but talk of a violent dragon who made his home in the mountains sufficed enough. So to have something amid in his land was his duty to inspect and deal with accordingly. As he made his pass, he slowed his speed to observe greyish dragon like his self sleeping among a field. The sight brought great joy to Donsha as the last time he had seen a dragon was thirty seven years ago. Ah yes, Silivasa. I remember her quite well now, he chuckled. Although the newcomer brought joy to Donsha, it also awoke something primitive in Donsha. A need to protect his trove. It worried him that a stranger, no less a dragon, was wandering these parts so close to his trove. As he passed the dragon he decided to do some damage control and visit the dragon.

As he turned around, he began to descend slowly and avoid breaking any branches or rough landing. He landed a couple of hundred feet behind from the dragon and made his way to him slowly. His grey tipped scales glittering in the sunlight. He couldn't blame the dragon for napping. The area was beautiful and gentle breeze was carried out through the clearing. Grass and flowers swayed in the wind, as did the scent of the dragon's lunch. He lumbered up to the dragon and cleared his throat.

"Wake up, drakin." He said, choosing the old language for dragon. "I regret to inform you are hunting on my land." He said with a sigh, "Though, with the state our race is in, I suppose I shouldn't be so upset about it. Help your self to the game around here. I tend to leave the village alone though. There is no cause in starting trouble unless trouble comes to you. They keep their distance. Most of them at least." Chuckled Donsha. "My name is Donsha, drakin." He gave his dragon name and lowered his massive neck to extend formality to the dragon. "What brings you the mountains of Mo Mey, home of Donsha?" He asked inquisitively, keeping his trove away from conversation.
Hacesh

Character Info
Class:
The heavy landing and the foot steps from the older dragon were hard for even Hacesh in his sleep to ignore, so when the voice came to him, in the old tongue no less, Hacesh grunted and craned his head up to see another dragon staring back at him.  And he was larger than Hacesh was!  It had been some time since Hacesh had seen another dragon, about fifty years if he remembered right, a female named Siilvasa, she had been fun to in the time they had spent together.  Hacesh yawned as he listened to the other dragon, Donsha as he called himself, while standing up and stretching himself out.

Ah, so this dragon considered these lands his, huh?  Hacesh was fine with that, he was the territorial sort, not including his horde of course, so knew that some dragons were, of course he hadn't know that these were Donsha's ground in the first place.  Hacesh made his replies in the same old language.  "My apologise, Donsha, I wasn't aware you hunted these lands, I'll keep that in mind for the future, though thank you for the offer.  I am Hacesh, and I was just out here to hunt really, nothing more."  He also kept the idea of looking for treasure out of the conversation, and it was very different for him to look up at anyone else when in full form, but this dragon had another ten feet on Hacesh and he wondered just how old Donsha was, certainly older than Hacesh was if Hacesh was any judge.

"I keep my distances from the villages anyway, I've been hunted in my life enough, no need to bring it on by bothering anyway.  Still, I can shift into a two legged form so that does help now and then to ease them into liking me.  I'm not violent, more lazy."  He chuckled lightly.  "But, I must admit, Donsha, I'm surprised we haven't ran into each other before, it's not like either of us hard to miss.  And it has been some time since I have met another dragon, probably fifty something years, cute female too think her name was…Siilvasa, ya, that was it.  Anyway, longer still one that is larger than I am, not that I am upset."  He shrugged, height usually meant strength with dragons, but after certain ages, depending on breed, the older became weaker instead, but did that apply to Donsha?  Hard to tell unless they actually fought and Hacesh didn't want to do that at the moment, he'd rather make a friend, or at least not have an enemy. 
Donsha

Character Info
Hacesh was polite enough.  He didn't seem to become violent at Donsha's approach and apologized for trespassing on his lands. Back in the day, way back in the day, things used to be different. But time was unkind to their race, rather than demanding compensation, he let the dragon slide deciding some traditions should be done with to continue forwards.

"I apologize also, Hacesh. Forgive my territorial threats. Old habits die hard. even after four thousand years. My game is open to any dragon that finds their way here. I only ask you don't cause trouble by sticking your snout somewhere it doesn't belong." The stark comment was said quick but laced with seriousness. He hinted at his trove, not giving its location but only stating that Hacesh was not welcome in his trove if he should stumble upon it.

"I am glad to hear it. There was time when I took my rage out on the non drakins when our race was hunted to near extinction. I blamed the humans most of all, below the gods. In a time long past we shared our knowledge with the mud crawlers. It was even said we were able to co exist with one another. However, they sought power in our slayings. One by one they started to hunt us and when we attacked back we were labeled monsters by the old gods. Soon enough, non drakins were promised titles and power by the old gods and our end was wrought. I lashed out in anger and burned down villages. I looted castles and stole maidens. But my anger was never satisfied. Eventually, like your self, I grew to lazy to care." He shared his story with a trace of anger to his voice, but it was drawn out by long speech in a monotone manner.

Hacesh mentioned how it was strange for them to not have met, indeed, but stranger when he mentioned Siilvasa. His previous mate that was taking care of a drakin cub. Donsha never longed for relationship. Males and females were created different so they could create more males and females. Donsha only cared about adding drakins to the world rather than a companion to sleep next to. When Siilvasa had met Donsha they had agreed to have a cub together and she was gone after that night. But he remembers the cub she had with her though.

"Indeed, it is strange, but maybe not all to strange. Apparently, Siilvasa knows her way around pretty well. She carried a cub on her back. No more than fifteen years or so. Yours perhaps?" He let out a snort, through his nose, his nostrils flaring.

"My size was an advantage in my prime. It severed me well, and won me plenty of scraps and life and death battles. Though in my late age, it only aches my joints and make my bones brittle. Funny how it works, the muscles that kept me alive in my youth only causes me pain later." He let out a silent chuckle and continued speaking.

"But enough about me, Hacesh, you must be the lord of your own area. Tell me about your domain."
Hacesh

Character Info
Class:
"Nothing to apologize for, I understand old habits myself.  These are strange times for our kind, I believe, some traditions don't stand up anymore.  We dragons need each other more than ever nowadays.  As for sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, that I can do"  Hacesh replied, but he had noted Donsha's age, four thousand, possibly a little more, he was around a thousand years older then Hacesh then.  Not to mention the hint to and threat about Donsha's horde, Hacesh wasn't stupid, he knew it for what it was.  "Four thousand, give or take?  Hm, we aren't too far apart in age, at least by our standards, I'm over three thousand myself, but I've stopped counting really."  He shrugged, age was a number and you were as old as you felt as far as Hacesh thought, and he was still fit and strong yet, he had plenty of time left in him as long it was only nature that had her way.

Donsha went on about his own past, how he had destroyed human villages, looted and stole away maidens.  The younger dragon snorted and nodded.  "I was never as violent, I don't believe, but I did my share in the past when things turned on us, when those we thought were friend turned hunter.  I lost friends, a mate, two children, to the hunters, but all those hunters I hunted down and destroyed in response to what they had done, unprovoked, to me and mine."  Anger showed in Hacesh's own voice as he spoke.  "I never burned a village that was established, but I made it damn hard for them to make any new ones for a long time in my area, or hunt for that matter."

The topic of the female came back around and Donsha said that he knew the same female as Hacesh had, making the younger dragon chuckled but shrug at the same time to the question posed.  "Perhaps?  We only spent a night together and I haven't seen her since.  Though, as I said, that, if it is mine, is not my only off spring."  He thought for a moment.  "Only counting those I know are mine, and including those I have lost in past, I have had twenty-two children."  Now, the question was, how would someone like Donsha, who sounded very old in his thinking, react to what Hacesh would say next?  "Not all with other dragons.  My two legged form, while tall and I still am very much a dragon in it, allows me to lay with a variety of species, I see beauty in all races now, human included.  So, yes, I have had half blood offspring with females other than dragons in the past, and, as last I knew, were alive and healthy."  Hacesh continued, not the least bit thinking what the reaction from the older dragon may be to hear that Hacesh had willing laid with and impregnated females other than dragons.

Hacesh chuckled along with Donsha when he spoke about his age.  "My mother was much the same, she lived to be much older than our blood normally does, she ached and pained as well, but rarely complained.  In her two legged form she was forced to walk with a cane, having a band limp in her back left leg from an old injury, her wings gave out when she was flying one day and she shattered her hip.  A cancer had formed in her wing muscles and magic did nothing to get rid of it, the only way to stop it from spreading was to remove her wing.  But she took it in stride, said it was just a part of getting older."  He smiled at the remembering his mother.

When asked of his own domain Hacesh shrugged.  "I roam a lot, which is what brought me here.  But I prefer the Highlands myself as my usual stomping ground, I like to keep the peace out there as best I can for my own sake."  For his own horde he meant, and the grin he had kind of exposed that on him.
Donsha

Character Info
The two dragons exchanged pleasantries. They were just two old codgers trying to adjust to their old age and how different the world is from when they were growing. Donsha didn't mind the chatting, even enjoyed it. It was nice to talk to a fellow dragon who shared the same views as he did. He made a snort of approval as Hacesh boasted about the hard time he gave the humans after taking his family. Donsha his self didn't have a strong bond with family. He simply produces children but never sticks around. He wouldn't be able to give his dragon friend a proper number. Even so, he felt for Hacesh as the humans did the same thing they did to Donsha. Donsha probably lost mates and children as well.

"I am sorry, Hacesh. The mud crawlers are relentless in their climb for power. And they will stop at nothing to claim what they think is theirs." However Hacesh next statement made Donsha snort a mix amusement and disgust.

"Find beauty in humans? Ridiculous."He snorted many times, his nostrils flaring at the thought of half dragon children. "If you say so, Hacesh. I am not one tell you what you should and shouldn't do. If you wish to bed the entire human female population, be my guest. Inferno, they might actually listen to us for once." The dragon chuckled, his chest convulsing in and out. "Though, I will say this two legged form interests me. I my self, can morph into a human. I detest the form, but it helps when I want to go by unnoticed." He replied, dropping his haunches and stretching out in the soft grass. It was no wonder Hacesh fell asleep in such a comfortable spot. The sun supplied just energy to warm his scales.

"I am sorry to hear about your mother, Hacesh. It is a terrible thing indeed when a dragon loses their wings. I fear I may not have long before mine shrivel up. But that is the way of life. Inferno, with out my wings I can probably finally pass away. But who knows. I may have unfinished business here." Donsha rumbled, silently cursing his hoarding instinct. He caught the threat about Hacesh trove and complied like Hachesh did with Donsha's. He had no intention of plundering another trove for the sake of his own. It would lead to a blood bath, and the last thing dragons need in this day age is internal fighting between another.

"Well, Hacesh, I was on my way to explore for a bit before I passed by over you. I might leave here in a few hours and would enjoy the company if you would life to fly together." Donsha said, extending an invitation towards the old dragon. He would enjoy the company, it would help pass time and the two could gather quite a lunch with combined efforts.

"Of course, you can do whatever you want. As I said, this is land is yours to rest upon till you have the strength to leave. It is up to you."
Hacesh

Character Info
Class:
”It is their way, humans and the link have always been expansionists at heart and territorial for what they have. Not to mention fearful of what they don't understand, well, not all of them, but those in power always seem to see the unknown as a threat to their power.” Hacesh replied before explaing his past sexual activity with races other than dragons and his offspring.

Donsha's reaction was almost what Hacesh was expecting, though the younger dragon had expected more anger than had come forth. Still, Hacesh chuckled all the same. ”Wouldn't bother me to try and bed them all.” He gave a rumbled laughed. ”Guess I just see everything a little differently than you do, Donsha, but I do see beauty in most races, female and male, I'm not overly picky really.” Hacesh chuckled, wondering how that would go over with the old thinking Donsha.

Donsha continued on, giving his apologized for what happened to Hacesh's mother, though he had nothing to do with it. But it was other words that caught Hacesh's attention more than the rest of it. ”What did you mean by 'finally pass away'?” Hacesh asked carefully.

After that topic was finished things moved on towards heading out to explore. ”I wouldn't mind at all, actually, been just as long to share the air with a fellow dragon.” Hacesh replied but then thought of something. ”You expressed curiosity at my two legged form, I'll admit to some of my own towards your human form.” Hacesh closed his eyes for a moment and he started to shrink down and shift and in a short time he was standing on two legs at seven feet tall, with a wing span of fourteen feet to get him in the air. His scales and everything stayed the same colouring and he wore a loin cloth. ”I can go no smaller than this and take no other shape, still, it is easier to walk around a populated area like this.” He chuckled and waited to see if Donsha would shift as well, afterwards Hacesh would shift back to his larger form to take flight.