Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > To Become Divine [SOLO]
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
(This has been highly requested so I decided to fill the hole)

This thread takes place 1500+ years before Revaliir’s current events

“You shouldn’t work so hard… You are pushing yourself way too much.” Gentle blue eyes looked over his wife as he bounced a six month old baby in his arms. “Besides Lyre misses you.”

Green eyes looked up at from her work and a smile formed on her face. “If I don’t work hard than what is living life right?” She held out her arms and the child almost leaped right into them. At least one would think she did from how excited she sounded. “I’ll stop my work for now but you, little miss, are impatient.” Angela loved her daughter and she loved the man who helped make her too.

Wyatt was a tall yet scrawny looking man. He had fair skin and white blonde hair. His family were a bunch of merchant nobles from Adeluna. It was a good omen for Arri that Angela had decided to take the vow to be his wife. Certainly they could gain trade routes and other prosperous things from it. However, that was hardly a thought when it came to the young husband and wife. Wyatt had spent years chasing after Angela even in their much younger adolescence. It had taken forever to get through her thick workaholic attitude and much longer to even get her to consider courting him.

Angela was regarded as one of best graduates from the academy. At the young age of sixteen she had already created the barrier in Parvpora and solved many of the illnesses that had plagued the lands of Canelux. She was a fine doctor and teacher as well. When her time wasn’t spent healing others she had taken up teaching those at the academy. There would be a great need for more healers and Angela felt like it was her job to make sure they were ready for the future.

Often this meant that Angela would disregard her family even though Wyatt understood that her work was needed. It hardly strained the young family but Lyre naturally missed her mother. Angela would take Lyre with her whenever she could as long as it was safe.

“Tell me more about the strange man… The one who showed up at the academy.” Wyatt was worried but Angela shrugged a bit as she raspberried Lyre’s belly to get a laugh.

“He just wanted to know what I would do in certain situations. It’s weird I felt like I’ve talked to him before but I can’t put my finger on where though.” Angela was confident that the man meant no harm. He had taken time to even make Lyre laugh while Angela did the experimentations that he had requested. She didn’t think an evil man would do that or could.

Lyre let a yawn out and Angela held a soft smile to her lips. “Maybe you are right Wyatt… Maybe I work far too much for my own good. She’s so tired and I think this is the first time I’ve held her all day…” Her voice sounded sad but Wyatt came over and kissed the top of her head and hugged around her shoulders.

“You are doing what you do best. Where would the world be without the GREAT Angela.” He said it with a smile and Angela rolled her eyes and pushed him a little.

“You have the absolutely worst sense of humor. I am not a great anything.”

“Liar…” Wyatt gently kissed her lips. “You are a great wife.” Another kiss. “Mother.” Yet another one. “Great cook…” He pondered for a bit before kissing her head. “And a great healer and teacher. Should stop giving yourself such little credit. You have dark circles under your eyes… Please sleep tonight.” His finger came up and rubbed the under of her eye. Angela gave a gentle smile.

“Yeah… Sure.” Carefully she got up and carried Lyre up into their shared room. She was way too little to be out of her sight and honestly it scared her that Lyre would stop breathing in the middle of the night. A gentle lullaby left her lips as she laid the sleepy child down for the night. “Please sleep well.” Angela was very tired and pried herself from the crib so she could change into her night clothes. She looked behind her to see Wyatt admiring their daughter.

“Any regrets?” Angela asked.

“Not a one.”

“Even though you’ll grow old and leave us?”

“Yeah but see I win… You’ll stay young forever.” He turned on his heel and cupped her face. “Making all the younger men jealous. Seems like a good life to me.”

“I can’t change your mind can I?”

“No, I would rather die a human. While it sounds like a dream to live with you forever until illness or war takes us… I want to die a human.” He kissed her forehead and she frowned at him.

“Stubborn.” Angela kissed his lips gently before they both climbed into bed. She found her way into the nook of his shoulder. Wyatt wrapped his arms around her.

“Won’t be so bad… Not with you keeping me healthy. I promise. I’m not going anywhere for a long time Ang.” He kissed the top of her head.

“You better not… I won’t forgive you.” Her voice was now a whisper as her eyes drifted shut. Sleep took her rather unnaturally that night.

The dreams that night were odd. ”It’s time to become one with us. Can you hear us? Do you hear us? Do you know what we want?”

Angela woke up in a dark field with the twin moons over her. Everything was black as night but she could see the plants waving back and forth in the wind. “Who are you? Where am I?” She turned around several times as she looked for where the voices were coming from. They were assaulting her left and right. “COME OUT.”

”You are our mother now…”

That was when the pain started and Angela let out an ungodly scream as her blood felt on fire. She could feel parts of her body bursting open from the force that entered her.

“ANGELA WAKE UP,” Wyatt was shaking her out in the real world. “ANGELA.” Lyre was screaming from the shrieking that came from her mother. A deep breath came and before long the cottage that they shared as a family let out a moan of its own. The materials used to build it began to implode. “Lyre!” Wyatt dropped Angela’s now convulsing body as she continued to scream. Even he could feel the power that radiated. He didn’t make it to the crib before the roof caved in.

It was day light when Angela came to. Many people were there as they pulled the rubble off. She was barely conscious as the bodies of Lyre and Wyatt were pulled. Hot tears fell as she jolted from her place under the rubble. It exploded across the fields of Sularia as she screamed wildly. “My baby! GIVE ME MY BABY.” She got to her feet and ran towards them.

“Angela…” It was her father who caught her. He shook at her and Angela collapsed in her arms as she sobbed.

“Give me her…” Her voice was so quiet. It wasn’t long before the darkness opened up and swallowed the red head. Her father’s arms were left empty.

The world was as empty as she felt. The woman curled up and let out wild sobs. “Why? Why my baby?!” She had come to terms with Wyatt dying a long time ago but nothing hurt as bad as Lyre dying. It wasn’t supposed to be like that.

”You did it… You and your power.” It was the voices again.

“Come out… COME OUT RIGHT NOW.” Wild dark magic swirled around Angela’s arms and hands as she commanded this new magic. The ground shook all of Canelux as a new building rose in the deep desert.

“They can’t.” That was the first time she had ever seen them. “They are the voices of the dead… And you are their mother.” He looked like an older Lyre but Angela KNEW better.

“Take off that disguise…” Her voice was almost desperate.

“No,” the form shifted to that of Wyatt and Angela choked on her own tears. “Angela Rose you’ve been chosen to become my Death and Earth. The pain you’ve felt now is a testament to the power you unleashed onto this world.”

“…” A sharp breath left her again as she charged the man. Shackles shot out as she shrieked and sobbed at him. She was suspended. “GIVE ME BACK MY BABY.”

“You need to clear your mind. I will let you down when you have done so.” So the man left her and Angela was left with her thoughts. He kept her like that for a very long four months. All the while her magic festered and her hatred grew. She hated them all.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.