Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > Untactial Warfare [P,R,Event]
Vincent Gloreaver

Character Info
Name: Vincent Gloreaver
Alignment: CG
Race: Human...
Class: Pirate Captain
Silver: 1879
The Kingfisher was set on course towards Aysut, the city that was rumored to have the dead walking again. Vincent wasn’t remotely sure how this place came from out of nowhere nor why this was occurring, but this did bring up a pretty good opportunity. Watching from the deck, the captain spotted the city like it was a sore thumb in the middle of the desert.  “Steady now men, we are only here to scout out the place and then report to Furtuna for further action. Until then, no attacks.”

He heard the “Aye Cap’n”s from them as the ship drew closer until it was high above the city. He wasn’t quite used to the heat in these part yet so he was swearing up a storm. Wiping at his brow, Vincent could hear the faint sounds of moans, which were disturbing to listen to. He wasn’t sure how his captain’s homeland was able to endure these terrors, let alone face them in combat from what he’s been hearing in more rumors. Perhaps that was another reason why they were here, aside from the loot that was stashed there. 

Taking out his spy glass, he observed the slow moving mummies down below and handed it to his first mate. “Never saw anything like these things before. But she said that we were here for the treasure that’s somewhere here. Suppose to be a massive collection, but still…” They couldn’t very well blow up the entire city to look for it, and he was confident that she knew better than to even entertain that idea.

“She’ll probably have us go down there on foot”, he sighed before turning to face his men, “Listen up! If we have to engage those mummies, do not hesitate. The last thing I need is to look for a new crew! You hear me?” Another round of “Aye Cap’n”s came as he instructed for The Kingfisher to turn about and head back to the Sacab’s position. 

Furtuna

Character Info
Name: Furtuna Rose
Alignment: CN
Race: Rosenite/Wind Genasi
Class: Sky Pirate
Silver: 2437
Furtuna leaned on her captain’s wheel and groaned as her green eyes looked up at the hot beating sun. It was terrible normally but now?! Now it was bloody green tinted of all things. She did really hate the color green on certain things and the sky ranked up there now. Her white and blue locks were braided and thrown over her shoulder. Her pirate hat was down at her feet.

She wore a loose off-shoulder white shirt with a dark brown leather corset over it. Her boots were heeled lightly because she was so tall and didn’t see the point in being overly so. Her blue skin glittered in the green light of the tainted sun.

Her mother had asked her to help out with this little matter. For all the pain in the ass things her mother did this one actually made a bit of sense. Furtuna had grown up on stories of the old gods and Sardon was one of the ones she had heard most about. He was a bastard and cruel man and now his power was trying to arch over Revaliir once more. That couldn’t have a fighting chance since the last time Sardon had a tantrum he made the plains into a desert.

Finally she let the wheel of the Sacab and had her father take over. While the djinn was still asleep he masterfully could fly the steady airship without any trouble at all. It allowed Furtuna the ability to go down and help her men, to yell at them, and to make quick decisions. “Cap, the Kingfisher is heading back this way,” Xeria said from her perch.

Furtuna nodded and got the Sacab ready for the approach. Once she had the ability she was on Vincent’s deck. “The sun is bloody killing me… Can’t we just blow it up? I asked my mum and you know what she told me? Bloody perfect Furtuna that would just kill everyone else that happens to be nearby. I tells her that it would be a quick solution but noooo she just won’t have it. So if I fire the cannon she told me that I will be cursed by something evil for the next hundred years… so I decided not to fire the cannon when I really should have. Yeah?” She shrugged at Vincent. “Not that I would really fire the cannons on it. Getting innocent people killed ain’t my thing but the nerve of that woman to give me an order and not know how I would do it.”

She pulled out a bottle of alcohol seemingly from thin air and drank some of it. “Don’t you worry your little head. I will take it easy. What we’re going to have to do is go down there ourselves and deal with the problem. Rescue civilians and all that goody goody hero stuff you read about in poems and books. Maybe… Just maybe when we’re done people will still think I’m one of the scariest people in the skies. Not bloody likely.” Furtuna took another swig of the alcohol. “We’ll take the Kingfisher and Jadis Lyre down… I’ll pilot Jadis. That way we have two ships and that many more people we can carry back. Sound like a good plan right?”