Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > A Dead City [Private, R, Event]
Reaver

Character Info
Name: Reaver Volkov
Alignment: CN
Race: Vaewolf (Beta)
Class: High Priest of Shadows
Silver: 445
“Damn mummies”, the assailant said as he struck down one of the undead before slipping into the shadows provided by the light of the full moon. Garbed in dark robes and a scarf over his mouth and nose, Reaver crept about the rooftops like a predator, peeking over the sides to see if there was anything that needed killing. Olive green eyes made sure that those creatures weren’t in the way of his trail in-between jumping roof to roof. He figured that it would be better for him to get to work in the dead of night and not have to worry about casualties that the day brought out. This way, he didn’t have to hold back and not be distracted. Holding onto his sword tightly, he peeked down the side and saw a few more of the mummies, moving sluggishly and he slipped down and landed as quiet as possible behind them.

Darting quickly, his blade sliced through their necks with easy and he watched as the heads rolled away from their collapsing bodies. “Not sure what was the point of reviving these things if they are that flimsy.” He picked up one of the heads and tossed it up in the air a few times before letting it drop and scurried over to the back of the next building. He was going to be damned if he’d allow this threat so close to the remains of his family- he knew that his brother was fighting these things during the day, so he would merely slay them at night so that they couldn’t have a chance grow out their numbers. While he was here, Reaver figured that he would slip into the pyramid in the city’s center and see what else he could find about this strange phenomenon. 

Coming around the back, he quickly noticed another one and stepped back before pulling out one of his knives and carefully flung it onto its forehead. The assailant then ran over and decapitated it like the others. The city’s air was still filled with those god awful moans, and he looked over to see more of them assembling. “Just how fast are these thing being brought back?” The confusion on his face grew as he heard a moan close by and looked towards the head as the sound resonated from it. “Joyous”, he muttered before he felt a hand grab the back of his boot and turned to see the headless body grabbing him. Plunging his sword into it, he made sure to push it in until he was freed and fell back into the darkness.

This was going to be a long night.

Alt Account of Brandon, Admin :P
Sweet Revenge

Character Info
Name: Angelique Vladimir
Alignment: TN
Race: Vampire
Class:
Silver: 1041
It had been a long time since the vampire seen the man she loved. He had many good reason’s to leave, but she couldn’t. The young vampire wanted to stay with family a bit longer. She had stayed with her father for a few weeks then moved on to her cousins. Katerina was very easy to get along with. The two had many in common, especially Nikolaus. He was Angelique’s maker, but a dear friend of the wolf. The vampire could tell there was something more. She would hint here and there that the two should do something about it, but she knew Katerina wouldn’t. The young wolf had told Angelique of her past, and the vampire knew that love be too much.

Worry grew within the vampire as she stared out the window towards the Viren’s forest. She hadn’t heard from Reaver in a long time. He needed to leave and Angelique understood his reasons, but she missed him dearly. Losing contact with the vampire, made the woman grow fearful. What if something had happened? Why hasn’t he came back?…. Where the hell is that man!? These thoughts entered Angelique’s mind daily. She needed to find him, but where was he?

With the events happening in the desert, Katerina thought it would be a good idea to go. “It will get your mind off things? Plus you haven’t had any game in awhile.” The wolf winked at her with a laugh. “Alright. Let's Go." 

Before the vampire left, she decided to wear something different. She didn’t want to wear the same old white dress. This time she wanted black. Taking an off the shoulders, loose fitting dress as her top, she placed a black leather corset above it. The dress only reached just above her knees and had two high slits up her thighs. Under she wore short black shorts that left her skin showing. Her thigh high lace stockings stopped just a few inches from her shorts. Over those were knee high black boots. “Perfect.” She smiled and topped it all with a hooded cloak with fur around the hood.

Finally the two were ready and embarked on their journey together to the Harena Desert.

After reaching the lands of Harena, the two were separated by the endless sand dunes and storms. The vampire knew if anything were to happen, they would meet back at the city. Angelique didn’t want to wait any longer and headed towards the city.

The city had the dead roaming the streets and the cloaked vampire smiled as she looked down from her rooftop. Her ears picking up the sluggish steps of the mummies. That was when a figure caught her eye. Being downwind, the vampire caught his scent. “Reaver!” She gasped out. The man she loved was there. There in the city of the dead. Anger rose within her, along with many other emotions. “This man is going to hear it.” She said aloud before moving across the rooftops to follow him. For a moment the vampire lost him, she did see him heading towards the pyramid, and decided that was her best bet.

Angelique finally caught the vampire’s scent as she circled the pyramid. She jumped onto the steps of the pyramid, making her way up, so she could see down onto the path. She soon froze in her path, a smirk lining her lips. Two mummies were making their way down the path. “Finding him can wait for a minute. Throwing her cloak back so one side hung over her shoulder, she grabbed the dagger strapped to her naked thigh, just above her laced thigh high stockings and knee high boots. It wasn’t like a warrior to wear three inch heels, but she didn’t care. She loved boots with heels.

Holding out her other free hand, she closed her eyes. Katerina had tough her how to summon a weapon and she decided to use it on her katana. Fire lit in her hand and soon in a puff of smoke a katana was in her hand. “Hell yes.” She said with a laugh. She should of not spoke a word because the mummies below her looked straight up at her. They let out a loud roar to alert others in the area.

In a swift movement, the vampire was in the air, her hands outstretched and her cloak flying behind her. Her katana and her dagger coming into contact with the mummies faces as she landed in between them. Standing back up, she smirked and the oncoming mummies. Ten maybe? “Easy.” She thought as she readied herself.

The mummies came at her swinging their poor excuse for axes and swords. Using her vampire speed, she dodged in between the mummies and slashed each one. Bones clattered onto the ground and heads fell from their shoulders. In just under a few minutes, the ten were dead. Officially, dead.

Right after her ending shot of the last, She quickly took out two shuriken’s from her cloak and threw them behind her. The blade’s shined for a moment in the moonlight, before the stuck into the wall on either side of Reaver's head. “Hello, Love.” The hood of her cloak finally falling to her shoulders to reveal her face. Pale blue eyes shined in the night staring into her beloved eyes. If it was any other moment, she would of ran up to him and kissed him. She wanted to, but she couldn’t give him the satisfaction just yet. Turning, she needed to find more dead to kill. Angelique didn’t wait for the vampire to speak, she just walked down the path and over the bodies of the fallen mummies.

Reaver

Character Info
More of the mummies fell by his hand discreetly, but some of them didn’t stay dead for too long. It was much to his regret as he left them be to force on more of the fresher corpses that risen. It would be impossible to wipe them all out by daybreak but at least he would give Raeguel and the rest of the resistance a more fighting chance against them. With each precise swipe of his steel, he kept close to the darkness and kept up a quick pace, never staying in one spot longer than needed. His green orbs would immediately seek out any signs of life, or in this case, unlife before prowling and stalking it until he delivered the death blow.

The close he got to the pyramid, the strong a feeling came over him that something as amiss. He didn’t know what, but Reaver just felt as though something was off and couldn’t put a finger on why. Looking around, he didn’t find anything out of the norm, at least for this city’s standards as he skewed some more mummies. What purpose did it serve to bring these things back to life? If this was merely a side effect of the magic that seeped through Aysut. There was still the subject of locating its source and figuring out how to stop it. Who knew what else would occur should this power be left unchecked for too long.

As he came around towards the center of town and the infamous pyramid, he noticed some more of them already slaughtered and a lone figure standing in the midst of them before two objects whizzed by his head on either side. He had his knives ready in his hand to returned the gesture but then hesitated when he heard her voice. “Angelique? What the devil… “ This was the last place he expected to run into her, but she didn’t seem pleased. How long he had been gone? Reaver hadn’t really thought about it and something told him that he might been in trouble in that regard.

“Look…”, he went to reply but she was starting to take her leave from the scene. “Angelique, we have to be careful. Something is very wrong about this place.” He moved to follow behind her, his sword and knife in either hand as he looked about. The closer he came to the structure, the more ominous it felt to him. A part of the assassin felt as though they could be walking into an inevitable trap down the road. 

Sweet Revenge

Character Info
Class:
Hearing her voice as she walked away, hit Angelique’s heart hard. She missed him so much. This brought up anger within her. How could he just stop seeing how? Didn’t he love her? Or was it not as strong as her love for him? The vampire didn’t know at this point. She was so angry with her lover.

When he started to follow her, it was unexpected. She needed to say something to him, but she didn’t know what. “Yes. There is. That is why I am here. I’m going to kill every dead mummy I get my hands on.” She said to him as she gripped her swords tighter. “Since I can’t take my anger out on you. Might as well take it out on something, right love?” Her eyes glanced at him for a moment before turning the corner. She forgot to keep herself hidden, they had walked into a group of dead mummies.

“Great.” She said with a smile as she charged at the five dead mummies. Dropping to her knees, she slide between the three that were closer together, Bringing out her blades, she sliced through their ankles, bringing the three down to the ground. As she hit the last one, she got to her feet; stabbing on in the heart, slicing another's heads off, and turning the last into a charred corpse. Her fire soon dissipated when the last mummy stopped moving. Her eyes moving to see if Reaver was okay.

“I thought you didn’t love me. Your messages stopped. Maybe you were dead! Maybe hurt or captured.” She couldn’t hold in her hurt anymore. “You disappeared for months, Reaver.” Her last words were more soft the when she started. Her eyes filled with tears as she stared at him. How could he disappear like that? Was it payback for what she did to him? The thoughts going on in her mind needed to be silenced and only his words would do that. “Damnit Reaver. I love you.” Her swords disappeared into the air and she was about to run to him.

Before she could even take a step, her feet came out from under her, and she was pulled back into the darkness of the pyramid. Reaver would not see this though, instead she was running to him, her arms wrapping around him in a passionate kiss. The real Angelique screamed his name when seeing the shadow demon mummy kiss her love, unable to move. “Reaver!” She screamed before she was pulled into the pyramid. The darkness engulfed her as she was pulled in through the doors. The doors slamming after the vampire was pulled in. Before the doors slammed around her, she saw them kissing. He couldn’t hear her… couldn’t see her.

Angelique tried to kick and hit anything she could, never noticing the corridors she was pulled into. The force soon let go of her and disappeared into the darkness. “Damnit……” She cursed as she stood up in the barely lit area. Her eyes looked from one side to the other. All she saw was a long hall way lit with green torches; on both sides of her.

“Reaver… Please know it's not me…” The vampire thought; worry and fear making her heart heavy. Maybe it would be the shadow mummy’s scent or the kiss? “You have to know somehow that that thing isn’t me…” . Her eyes looked down one end of the hall to the other. She needed to get back to Reaver and save him. “Okay..” Angelique took a deep breath and made her weapons appear in her hands. The vampire also made her cloak disappear before she set down the hall.

As she made her way down the hall, her feet were silent. Her vampire senses alert to anything that would jump out around the coming corner. She didn’t hear the mummy coming as she turned around the corner. All she felt was a fist in her chest, then her back hitting the wall. A scream left her as she flew through the air. “What the bloody hell?!” She gasped out and stood quickly. Her eyes catching sight of a large mummy, bigger than her and so was the blade coming at her neck. Ducking, she used her vampire to speed to come behind him and kick him in the back. The mummy hit the wall before it, then slowly turned around. Undamaged by her hit. “Oh shit.” The vampire said before ducking at his oncoming attack. Angelique had dodged one blow after another from the creature before it sent her flying down the hall,. Her body hit the ground hard, instantly, she felt a few ribs break.

There she laid in the middle of the granite sand hallway; the creature charging at her. The mummy jumped at her, his dagger ready to stab into her chest. Blue eyes widened seeing the oncoming assault. With a gush of wind, the blade flew out of his hand and her katana went into his chest. “That is what happens when you mess with a grumpy vampire…” Angelique pushed the body off of her and stood. Her hand cradling her ribs. It would take time for them to heal at least another thirty minutes. “Hopefully I don’t run into anymore of these guys.” She whispered looking at the now really dead mummy beside her.

Reaver

Character Info
He should have expected for her to take his departure well. In truth, he had thought that his absence would be much more brief than it had. Reaver hadn’t meant to hurt her in any fashion, if she was worried about that. He genuinely had thought that she needed some time with family and that he could take care of a few things in the meanwhile. Obviously his plan ran into a few snags.

He couldn’t help but to overhear her reply, and it brought out a deep frown. “Angel, I didn’t mean to leave you for too long.” He kept his arms hung to either side of him as he watched her on her merry way. Her tone and body language spoke that she was indeed frustrated and upset and he knew that things would only get worse for the two of them if left unchecked. So he followed and watched as she did as she said- took out her frustrations out on those poor, unfortunate mummies He kept his distance as he was reminded as to why his lover was quite dangerous, despite their age difference. The last thing he wanted was to be on her bad side.

“Didn’t love you? Angelique, I would trade the world for you, even if it was just for a day. I didn’t know I would be gone for too long. I was sent out on a job and the next thing I knew, time flew by. I was coming back to you, I promise.” His frown never faltered and his feet led into a few steps closer to her. His eyes gazed into her own as he drew nearer; he could see the pain in hers and wanted to wash it all away from her. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have disappeared like that…” Sheathing his sword and knife back into their respective spots on him, Reaver came to met her as she ran over. His arms wrapped around her and caught her kiss with his own.

He wanted to pull away from her, gaze into those lovely blue orbs and tell her that he loved her too, but nearly immediately something was wrong and he pulled back quickly. His frown was replaced with that of a scowl followed by loud hissing. “You aren’t Angelique. You reek of those mummies!” The woman that he had in his arms just recently looked at him with pleading eyes. “It’s me, Reaver.”

“The hell it is. You may look like her, but you don’t smell like her. Nor would she pass up a moment to take a swing at me before forgiving me. She’s a fighter, unlike you.” He unsheathed his sword and the imposter just smiled darkly. “She’s ours now. As you will be soon” Quickly she moved over to him and struck at his chest with an open palm, knocking him back a few good feet away. “Great, so after I’m done ripping you apart, piece by piece”, he growled as he climbed back up to his feet. “I’m getting her back, and if one hair is harmed on her head, I will make you all wish for death” 

The dark mummy’s confidence didn’t waver as Reaver rushed over to her and swung, only to hit nothing but air. “Damn.” Soon he felt soft hands brushing onto of his shoulders before those nails dug right into them. “Poor Reaver, you abandoned her like you did before. Shame on you.” The mummy threw him against the wall, his hand losing the grip on his sword and it fell onto the ground. He tried to resist, but she had an edge for some reason as she kept him pinned up. She was a lot stronger than the ones they had dealt with before. “Rudjek will be pleased to use your love as a sacrifice to the greatest of gods. Be honored for her stead, you fool.”

“Only thing that you can hope for is to watch me rip off his head before I end you, wretch”, he muttered before pulling out a knife and stabbing at her side repeatedly until she freed him. From there, he focused onto the shadows that was behind her and soon a hand formed from it and took hold of her leg. “What is this?”, she screamed and tried to pull away while he recovered enough to take back his sword. “This is where we say goodbye”, he said, eyes as dark as the night before taking her by the neck with his free hand and thrusting the blade into her abdomen. She shrieked and the noise was music to his ears as he withdrew the sword only to swing it around and behead her. The body dropped hard onto the ground and he looked around for any traces to where they might have taken Angelique.

“Angel! Angel! Where are you?”, he called out and continued to as he ventured into the maze like halls. 

Sweet Revenge

Character Info
Class:
As As Angelique roamed the halls, she was glad for her vampire eyes. The torches on the walls barely lit the area around her. Moving through the pyramid, she had ran into a few more large mummies. She was starting to regret coming to this city. “I should’ve stayed out in the desert with Kat.” The vampire sighed at the thought. If she didn’t come into the city, she wouldn’t have found Reaver. “I need to find him….” She was worried about her lover. Had the shadow mummy killed him? Angelique pushed the thought away. She knew he could take care of himself.

That was when she heard him, Reaver was calling her name. She moved quickly as turned down the each hall she heard him call from. “How quaint. Two lovers caught in my maze.” The voice seemed to be around her, but turning around, the vampire saw no one. “Who’s there?!” She called out. “Reaver?” She said his name hoping that he would here. “So close, yet so far away.”

Hearing Reaver’s voice once more, she moved towards the wall. The vampire pressed her head against it. “Reaver!” She called for him once more. He was on the other side of the wall. “You will be a perfect sacrifice.” This time the voice sounded clear. Turning around quickly, Angelique saw him. Four mummies stood beside the man in a cloak. The gold specks showing he was a priest. His face looked like a normal man’s, besides the patches that seemed rotten. He radiated power and importance. The vampire knew who that man was. “Rudjek.” Angelique said as she moved to the center of the hall.

“You will not have me. “ Angelique pulled out her dagger and katana; ready. “Oh, The God Sardon will. Take her.” Was all he said as he turned and walked away. His four mummies coming towards her. The vampire gasped as she turned seeing the two behind her. “Not good…” She cursed as she held up her swords. Angelique fought, her swords only taking one down before getting hit in the head. Darkness taking her.

The vampire didn’t know how long she had been out. When her eyes opened, she was tied down on a pedestal. Her eyes widened as she smelt the blood. Following the smell, she saw the trail that was dripping off the pedestal onto the ground. Struggling with all her might, she couldn’t free herself. “They are enchanted.. Human or creature can not release themselves.” The voice pulled her eyes to a man that was laying down his dagger beside her head. The ruby caught her attention, it was hovering above them; glowing. She needed to destroy it. “Soon my men will have your lover. He will  be here to see your death, then join you in the afterlife.” Rudjek smirked as she leaved down towards her. “Do creature’s like you have an afterlife? Maybe it's full of nothing but darkness, like the darkness that clouds all your hearts.” His eyes bore into hers.

“God Sardon.” He called as he lifted his hands up towards the ruby. “For the life you granted me, to avenge you, I give you another sacrifice, in honor of your great power!!” Looking back down at Angelique, he smirked as he grabbed the dagger. Ready for her life to end, she hoped that Reaver would be okay.