Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Harena Wastelands > Harena Desert > scales and Wraps [PR]
Vinsue

Character Info
Name: Vinsue
Alignment: LG
Race: Dragon
Class: healer/fighter
Silver: 171
Flying was a must by the looks of the thousands of mummies below her. A protection spell making the skin between her white scales glow a slight gold. lighting a flame in her mouth vinsue shot it down on the group below her so she could land. A treasure had called her to this place and just like any other time a treasure called there are some troubling things to get through. The now flaming mummies were not dying but did back off due to her protection spell. She stood in her half human half dragon state with her brown robes on with its hood up and sun glaive in hand. her phoenix blade hung sheathed on her left side. The mummies coming at here stopped a few feet from her do to the spell but still tried to rip at her thought. She weaved the sun glaive around her and persuaded towards the pyramid. 

The only thing she did not like was the fact the pieces would go back together and any scorch marks would disappear. They were under a more powerful being and it was useless to hang out here. At the pyramid, she stopped and looked for a way in. 

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Kazahana

Character Info
Name: Sanaki Kasuga
Alignment: TG
Race: Oni
Class: War Priestess
Silver: 0
A new place of power rose from the quartz sands, its stone structures jutting up at the skies in a bold defiance. This had never shown up on the maps Gale had seen, nor had she encountered it in her travels across the land. She journeyed towards it with hopes that it was what she sought, but alas such hopes were dispelled once the towering pyramid was in view. The dead walked as if they did in life, but only as shambling husks of their former state. The dream-walker knew not how this city came to be, but it was a city of the dead. She first sensed the change when the skies had turned green, and the sun's rays became distorted. Both Asha and Sidra were worried, as both had lived long enough to know this was not the norm.

They found their way to a growing settlement within sight of the necropolis, where they rested until it was time for them to approach the pyramid. The phoenix soared overhead, while The sphinx traveled with the girl on foot. They soon drew the attention of the bandaged corpses, and would soon find themselves overrun. "Bahadur!" Gale shouted, calling forth a spectral form of a war elephant. It charged at the undead, thundering and bellowing as it did in life. The ghostly pachyderm only knocked them down, but its presence and sound was enough to draw the attention of the dead from the escaping sphinx and girl. Gale knew that Bahadur could not be harmed, and would return when the time was right. More powerful walking corpses stood in their path, and Sidra cut them down with a swipe of her paws. However they soon began to reform from their pieces. "A greater power binds them, we must run!" The sphinx spoke. Together they ran towards the pyramid, the one structure that appeared to offer a temporary escape. Asha soon joined them, swooping down from the sky.

The wide entrance to the center of all this necromancy was in sight, and they soon were at the threshold. Two towering statues flanked the entrance, depicting someone striking another down. "Are they gone?" Gale asked her companions. So far it was quieter than it had been, perhaps Bahadur's efforts were not in vain.

"Be as swift as the wind, as silent as the forest, fierce like fire, and immovable like a mountain."
Jesgil

Character Info
Name: Jesgil Yamar
Race: Draconian
Class: Maid for Hire
Silver: 561
Jesgil's breath was growing heavy. Their numbers did not allow to to break and catch for breath or mend wounds. Instead, she used Tillan to keep them at bay, having to use her magic to call forth scales under her skin to help absorb some of the damage. Did not stop it from hurting or exposing the silver underneath her, but at the very least it kept her alive.Of course she did not push towards the pyramid like any other curious explorer or hero. Instead, she was there to help those in need. HOwever, at this rate, it would be she who would need assistance.

"Awaken, my blood, and grant me frost," she spoke in draconic tongue, "Grant me thy cold wave to encase all!" Embracing a decorative armlet said to have been crafted to honor Okami and treated almost like a family heirloom, the Draconic made breathed out a major wave of ice, encasing the undead inside before following it up with an ice jet from her hands to make the ice more solid. It was a temporary help for the numbers… but enough for her to find comfort in escaping towards the structure of the pyramid.

While the nearby phoenix and sphinx were signs of life to get comforted by, Jesgil's mind was too busy to really pay much time to them and relax. Instead, she found herself dropping to her knees, pulling out a small bottle from her apron and setting it on the ground before a shell of a dome formed around her. It was bottled starlight: a nice item to feel safe in and recover while the outside world tried to take it all away. Still, it did give her some time to catch her breath and revert her skin back to normal, which unfortunately meant opening more wounds that the scales kept closed. "Why could they not stayed closed?"  she muttered to herself as she began to wrap up her injuries. For all the healing magic she knew, she always had trouble using it on herself…

Vinsue

Character Info
Vinsue stopped once she saw the statues of one person being victor over another. Truthfully it was an rather odd peace of work that made her laugh once she released who the dead one was. "Guess you got it commming for ya." She said half happy that he had an enemy but half worried for him to. She still held a grudge on the god for a lot of trouble he caused her.

She almost jumped at the voice asking if they were gone. She turned to see a bird of fire, a sphinx, and a girl. "I thought its safe here from the cloth zombie things." She answered not thinking that the question was not for her. 

She lowered her glaive to show she was not a threat. Shhe stopped her glaive and fell to her knees as her hands covered her ears and head as a massive headache hit. The call momentarily stopped as this happened. Her site fated as her eyes glowed a bright gold. Snipits of trapps filled her site and than a young woman also shown needing help. 

It was not long after that the headache would go away and her sight and eyes would return to normal. She would not move for a while as she would attempt to understand her visions.

Kazahana

Character Info
A voice unknown to her answered, and Gale looked in surprise as a woman with hair white as snow appeared. Sidra gave a lazy look over at the newcomer while Asha perched on the girl's shoulders. "Another treasure hunter, I presume. Well I won't be stopping you, as I am not the guardian of this crypt." Turning to look at her claws, she was indifferent. Her only concern was the girl. The safety and well-being of anyone else was not her responsibility. When the glaive-wielding woman sudden crouched over in pain, Gale was worried. "Are you alright?" She asked, approaching the other. The young dream-walker took out her special sash, ready to wrap it around the one kneeling in the sand. She did not know how, but this particular sash was blessed. When she put it around a person in distress, it would make them calm down and their wounds would heal.

Asha slowly circled in the air, keeping watch for any signs of danger. For a while, they were given a moment of respite. Sidra was intrigued by the pyramid. Glancing up at the statues, she chuckled. "Ah yes, another display of the folly of man wrought in stone to be memorialized for the ages. Naturally these self-serving monuments outlive their makers. This one in particular seems more ostentatious than most. Only a fool or someone full of themselves makes a graven image of themselves in the act of conquest." Whether the figures set in stone were gods, kings, or great men–neither mattered to her. The first two in particular had an awful tendency to build grossly decadent displays such as these to demonstrate their power and influence, and then force their followers to maintain them. She was familiar with the concept of guarding tombs. Sphinxes were known to place themselves in positions to challenge the worthiness of those who wanted access to treasure. It was more of an idle pastime, than a compulsion. When you live for hundreds of years you must find a way to break the monotony and ennui.

This girl with hair like the color of a phoenix proved to be the most curious specimen of her race which Sidra had seen so far. She wielded fire, but was placid in temperament; a dreamer as opposed to being hot-headed. She was somewhat of a subversion and a paradox, and the sphinx liked paradoxes. The phoenix was tolerable company, watchful over the girl like a mother looking after her chicks. She could hold decent conversation and was not as naive as the girl. They established a mutual understanding, her and the bird. Their common ground was the experiences they had with the young dreamer. Sensing a shift in the magic surrounding the area, the sphinx let out a low growl of distaste. "We should get moving. Whatever is causing the dead to rise won't be welcoming us with open arms."

"Be as swift as the wind, as silent as the forest, fierce like fire, and immovable like a mountain."
Jesgil

Character Info
As much as she wanted to relax and catch her breath, the swarming undead did not want to offer her any respite. Even after freezing a few, there were still many more that could overpower her while the ice slowly cracked and melted. It made it difficult to dress her final wound, let alone any time to sharpen Tillan, before she found her done surrounded by mummies, each one wailing on its walls. She did not know how long this magical wall could hold up (if it even had a limit), but she would rather not find out now. But of course, where could she even go afterwards? There was little space in terms of safety…

Unless it resided within numbers! Though she did not see it before, her eyes were quickly drawn to the glow of a phoenix! Not a being she would expect be living in such a region, her heart hoped that meant nearby was some people who could aid her, and who she can aid in return. It was a gamble, but one she was willing to take, as a spark of hope lit up in her eyes.

"Awaken, my blood, and grant my thy voice, she chanted, feeling her throat grow underscales once more as she took hold of the beautiful glass bottle. "May it bring fear and show dominance to those before me!" She could even feel her eyes slit up and shift into a more golden color and her ears taking more of a tri-point, as if her entire face was being molded for this particular ability. It was finally time to perform when she could feel her face stop shifting around before immediately picking up the bottle, releasing the shell in the process, and letting out her massive bellow, the scream echoing through the air fiercely. Sure, it would probably do a  number to her voice right now, but for now, she needed that window, for once her scream finished echoing through the air, she ran towards the phoenix and away from the stunned mummies before seeing two others and a sphinx. "Hey!" she tried to call out, but she could feel her voice strain by that alone, so she simply waved at them with her free hand as she ran.

Vinsue

Character Info
Once everything was back to normal with Vinsue she stood up and handed the shash back to the girl with a faint smile. "Well you could call me a treasure hunter for i do intend on takeing some in the end but i apparently am not the only one. I thank you for trying to help but my problem was not something that could be healed."

Vinsue looked twords the scratch half stunned and now fully alert. When the woman came walking up with a attempted hi and a wave it was ovious she was the one behind the scratch but she also looked hurt and yet she held a power. 

She waved back than turned tword the entrance. "The sphinx is right and you were smart to bring one to tackle a pyramid." She simply started walking with her wings folded agenst her back. Stepping into the pyramid she stopped and looked at the different paths. "Really what is it with treasure hording gods and mazes." 

She looked at the paths as she waited for the call to tell her were to go.

Kazahana

Character Info
Yet another stalwart survivor of the harsh sands came, and Gale was delighted. The woman who was crouched was better now, and Sidra's warning reminded them all that the mustn't stay in one place for too long. The pyramid beyond the entrance offered a choice of three passages. Neither looked any less dangerous or more safe. "There are three of them…which one should we take? Should we split into groups or remain together?" The girl asked the others. "I can fly ahead and see what lies further in each passage." Asha offered. To her death was only a new beginning, but she too did not wish to fall for foolish reasons. Sidra said nothing, content as she typically was to wait after everyone else had spoken. Perhaps it was the lion-like part of her which made her so, but she did check to see if the bandaged dead were coming too close.

Feeling as if she had forgotten something important, Gale pondered. "…Oh, yes. My apologizes, efendi. I am Gale, and these are my companions–Asha of the Blazing Sun and Sidra the Speaker of Riddles. There is another with us called Bahadur, a formidable beast who is strong in spirit. But he will return when the time is right." She then gave both a bow, with hands clasped together. The woman with the glaive seemed confident and bold, while the woman with a mighty axe and tresses of crimson bore an air of faithfulness and humility. Both strong in body, and with the same purpose as she. Whatever decision they came to on progressing forward was fine with her. 

Jesgil

Character Info
The two were not in any ways rejective of her appearance, and in fact seemed quite warming to her being there. However, they were not being very quick to move, meaning the crumbling undead were still pressing them from behind. Pulling out the bottled starlight again, she set it on the floor as they discussed their next move, placing them in a protective dome of translucent cosmos, giving them a magical wall against the mummies behind them. "This should help some," she told herself in a bit of a whisper, giving a small chuckle before hearing  the winged one's comment on treasure and mazes. It did not take her long to recognize what kind of wings they were, which meant…

"Well, are you saying you would not want to protect any of your treasures any way possible?" she commented, giving the other dragon a warm smile as the phoenix and humanoid time to talk about what to do next. However, her train of thought was broken as she decided to start with some introductions of herself and her companions by her side. "A pleasure to meet you, Miss Gale," Jesgil replied, bowing down to her as she had been accustomed to. "I am Jesgil. I may not look like much, but I have a natural talent with ice and have trained in the art of healing. And this here is my faithful companion, Tillan." However, what she held up was no companion or beast by her side… No, TIllan was the axe in her hand that she was introducing… and her smile showed that she thought of nothing wrong with it.

"Do you think there are clues as to say what could be down each route?" She asked after the other dragon made her introductions, looking down the three halls.

Vinsue

Character Info
The dome was a nice form of protection but it also hinder the bond call of the treasure at the end that could guide her through the maze. "Usually the marking would guide you but there all unreadable except for the ones depicting a past god." She said "Spliting up would be a bad idea for eatch path has traps. And i am not agenst protecting your treasure im just agenst the lack of originality."

"I am Vinsue. And it is nice to meet you all. I am good with flame and electricity. And i left my companions at home for there safely." She bawed as was customs in most two legged sediments. 

Picking up the call she knew what way to go. "This way and careful for traps" she said going down the right path.