Hint: Hover over a field name if you want to know what it's for.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:16 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

It wasn’t merely about the danger alone that he dealt with; there was also the lifestyle he chose. “My life is one big travel, I don’t stay in one place for too long and not many can deal with being on the move…” Then he stopped when he considered what her profession was; it wouldn’t be something taboo for someone like Calanthe and she seemed quite determined in wanting to go with him. She also fancied him which was another concern of his- he didn’t want distractions getting in the way of his mission or worse, something happening to her because she decided to come with him. But it seemed like there was no other option and he would have to make sure that she was out of harm’s way for the most part.

“Marin probably did it knowing all of that. She seems like a big pain to me.” The demon hunter wished he could have sewed her mouth together; in fact, he wished he could have done that to quite a few of his siblings as well. It didn’t matter though and Mordecai waited until she was finished packing. Well, let’s get this over with, he thought to himself, not wishing to deal with the mighty little pipsqueak that was her own flesh and blood. Letting her lead, the pair headed back off to where everyone else was. Things seemed to be dying down a bit but they could still spot Marin forcing cake down her throat.

While he wanted to call her out on that and threaten to make sure she wouldn’t have any more cake, they still required her assistance so he kept his mouth shut for the time being. “Must you start that again?”, Hendrix looked to her with a half sigh. That was a good question, but it didn’t take much effort to convince her that let them come along to Mamlak. Hendrix didn’t care too much, but at least she had accepted and Mordicai was glad to just be able to leave as soon as they got there.

“Deal. I don’t do too well tied to one place anyway. We will probably be around the city for a few days though before I move to my next gig”, he explained, swinging his bag on one of his shoulders.

“Until then, brother! You make sure you treat that girl right!” To his annoyance, Dante’s voice traveled from the tent he was staying in. “And if you need any assistance on that, I’ll be able to give you a demonstration!”

“One moment”, he breathed to Calanthe before he marched over and went inside the tent and a couple of thuds were heard, along with Dante’s cries for help and pain before he came back out. “Had to say some goodbyes of my own. Hey Dante! Pass on my farewells to Steele and the others!” Hearing a weak response, Mordecai grinned a bit before regrouping with the others.

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Wed Jan 9, 2019 5:41 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Marin stared up at Hendrix. “Well, that would have only helped me. Poor girl needed a push herself.” And it got her out of the way. She was thoroughly chewing on a smidgen of the cake when Hendrix made a comment on her family. “Yeah, they are something else,” Marin spoke with a mouth full of food but appeared more content now.

Calanthe looked at the way Mordecai had his arms crossed and she tilted her head. She couldn’t get a good read on the demon hunter. As stubborn as it appeared he was Calanthe was pleased when he didn’t fight her anymore. She took the cloth and cleaned her face. “I won’t be in as much danger as you think I’ll be… But that’s best to show than to try and explain.” There was a small smile from her.

The bard was at times strong headed but there was also the other side to her. “I don’t like being called out like that… Even though I am used to preforming in front of crowds that doesn’t mean it is the same thing. She probably already knows.” There was no telling on how much Angela knew since she didn’t even show her full hand. It made moving around hard for the children she had but it was rewarding too.

It didn’t take long for the woman to pack her things. After all, most of them were already all together from the trip to the fort when Mordecai saved her. “I have everything.” She had the pack on her back now as she stood close to him. “If I know Marin she probably wants to leave just as much.”

Though there was no telling just how much she actually knew her sister Marin. Marin was an enigma who spent all of her time alone. Calanthe helped Mordecai up and they made their way back to the main festivities. That shy nature took Calanthe over again as they approached her older sister and Hendrix.

“Back for some more?” Marin waved her fork at the two.

“N-no.” Calanthe blushed a bit and looked up to Mordecai before looking back at her sister. “Could you bring us back to Mamlak with you?”

Marin put her fork down and pushed her chair back and forth as she rocked it. “Mmmm…” Orange eyes looked over at Hendrix. “Fine, but you can’t stay with me. Out you go as soon as we get there.” There was an affirmative nod towards Calanthe.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:06 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Hendrix kept his distance from his brothers- their maelstrom of a family was already a mess to deal with, but with their lovers and their family also involved, things were gonna be tricky. Real tricky. Marin didn’t make things any easier, but it was something he would have to get accustomed to. But in the meanwhile, he could at least keep her desserts away. “Uhuh, I guessed as much. Could have told her to move, right?” She was persistent though and eventually he just handed her the cake back when she climbed over him to get it. Besides, she and Dante were right he supposed, and even Mordecai seemed to have figured it out by now with the way he wandered off towards the direction Calanthe fleed to. His brother understood well of fighting and killing demons, but when it came to matters like this…well he was as dumb about it as much as Dante loved to play dumb.

“Hell of a family you have”, he replied as he let her enjoy her cake.

Meanwhile, Mordecai was greeted by words that were incomprehensibly followed by a certain redhead popping out from the tent. Heavens knew how she felt about this predicament, he hardly knew how he felt other than this was sure to end badly. He looked genuinely surprised but not towards her words; he knew that bards were the sort to accompany heroes and such through various dangers. What caught him off guard was that she was tenacious about it; it was a far cry from what he had been used to from her since the other night. Back then she was reserved and careful, but ever since they got back here, she was getting more daring and bold. It wasn’t a bad thing though, at least in his eyes.

Mordecai crossed his arms and tilted his head slightly away from her. The question had been turned onto him and he didn’t have an answer at first. If it had been up to him, he would have left before daybreak, but here they were.

“Honestly my line of work is a bit of a far cry from the typical battles others deal with. But I can already see that my words other than saying no won’t deter you.” He thought about it some more and sighed, “I’m letting you come with me; I wouldn’t want you to be placed in danger, but it can’t be helped. Perhaps there’s also a possibility that I could use the company.” He handed her a cloth for her face, seeing that she had been troubled not too long ago. “So she’s blunt and you’re not as much unless you find the courage like now. Guess it can’t be helped though, suppose we could use her help but if something happens to you, I will personally deliver you back to your mother. Does she know, anyway?” He came closer and sat close to the tent and reclined against it. Oh, she was trouble, but he wouldn’t refuse her request. He’d have to be more careful and make sure that she wouldn’t be caught in any crossfire in the near future. Usually, he wouldn’t have any problem what so ever in telling her no and be done with it. But she was admirable which he could secretly appreciate and besides, he was right in saying that she was an adult and he couldn’t do anything against it.

"Make sure that you have your things gathered and we can go with Marin and Hendrix. And to get away from the idiot brother before we catch whatever ails him."

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:38 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

It was an odd sight to see. Dante being so fatherly but it was true that if it weren’t for the twins being asses he would have done the same thing to him. He was made to be a father at least for Lotus’s children.

Marin tapped her foot lightly as she looked up at Dante. “All babies are pudgy. Even Calanthe was when she was born. That’s what they are, balls of living pudge. They grow out of it quickly. You’ve had two other babies how did you not notice. I’m a hermit and even I KNOW THAT.”

The small inventor tilted her head at Dante. “I just lack people skills. I’m a hermit, not a butterfly.” When Mordecai snapped Marin’s orange eyes drifted over to his for a moment. She didn’t answer but Dante instead filled him in. “He’s right, Calanthe probably won’t let anyone else talk to her.”

Marin had a look of shock on her face as Hendrix stole her cake. “HEY!” She tried to take it back from him but found herself too short. “I DO THINGS TO BE NICE ON OCCASION!” She made a face. “I also didn’t want to move out of my comfy seat and Cala was in the way of the baby.” It was said as a whisper as she climbed into Hendrix’s lap to get closer to the cake.

Once Mordecai got to Calanthe’s tent she muffled out a few words before popping her head out of the tent flap. Her eyes were slightly red from a few tears of embarrassment but otherwise, she looked fine. “You don’t know much about bards do you?” There were a few sniffles but they were mixed in with chuckles. “Especially Highland Bards. We follow kings and knights into battle and stay with them to write ballads. Danger is something I’m used to. Marin is right though… She just doesn’t know how to communicate it any other way… However, she lives in Mamlak so we could probably catch her gate back there.” There wasn’t any hesitation from her. She wanted to go with Mordecai. Something had lit a fire in her.

“Are you letting me come with you because of how I feel or because you want me to come?”

Author: Dante, Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:22 AM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

It seemed like nearly everyone was enthralled by the little baby in Dante’s arms. Heavens knew that he doted heavily on her. Had the twins not been so…aggressive to him, they would have been shown in the same light. “Oh don’t listen to your Auntie Eldora. You are the bestest baby, yes you are!” He cradled his face against hers gently as Estelle looked at her new cousin. “Yes, but I like Shiro better.” At the very least, the boys seemed to care about their sister, or at least enough to guard her against their natural enemy. But of course, it played out as it usually did with them running for their mother. “Keep it down in there, she’s trying to sleep”, he whispered before going back to tending to Shiro. Steele could only shake his head as his brother made a fool of himself…well more than usual.

“She is, isn’t she? She’s gonna be a knockout when she gets bigger.” He gently rocked her in his arms while Mordecai still, after all this time, this couldn’t believe that the fool could love anyone more than himself. Old beliefs died hard, after all. But Shiro was a cute baby, that much he could admit.

“You hush up! My baby is not pudgy! She is beautiful!” He shielded his baby from those words Marin dared to spill at his bundle of joy. But it paled into comparison to what she spoke next. It wasn’t too hard to see who it was directed at and Mordecai thought of her as a fool like his brother. At least at first. He wasn’t completely oblivious to how Cala acted around him all this time. Of course, he wasn’t the sort of man that dealt with these sort of things. He had always been a loner and it had partially kept him allow and not have to worry about distractions. As much as she had been disappointed, it would mean that at least she would be kept alive versus getting involved with him and getting killed or worse.

His emerald orbs shifted from the loud mouth to her sister and could see that she had been heavily affected before she eventually took off. Terrific. Dante took a valuable moment away from his daughter to look up and sigh with a slight chuckle. “Dear Marin, aside from being so callous, you at least get it. That much is enough, I suppose.”

“What the hell is wrong you two?”, Mordecai snapped. “Now, now. I told you that she had a thing for you. But you didn’t listen or didn’t want to, I guess. I was being rather subtle about it, but the bluntness seems to draw out what she really thought of you.” With that, Dante headed towards the direction of the tent where Lotus was resting up with the twins. “I can say this without restraint, only you will be able to check on her. Afraid anyone else won’t do.”

He slinked inside to keep Shiro from the cold any further and Hendrix cut his eyes at Marin before snatching away the current dessert she was stuffing her face with. “You didn’t do that out of the kindness of your heart, did you?” Something was fishy about that timing of all things, and he knew it. Meanwhile, Mordecai still thought the two of them to be fools but it wasn’t to say that they could be right on some of the things. Well, this was going to be a pain either way, but he followed the way Calanthe had ventured off to and eventually found where she was staying. Standing outside the tent, he felt a bit awkward but his voice came out, piercing whatever silence there had been before. “Your sister, is a piece of work. That said, you can come with me if you want. You are a grown woman so I can’t very well stop you. Wherever I go, danger follows so if you think you can handle it, then we leave in the morning for Mamlak. I have some business to tend to there.”

Author: Marin, Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:37 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Cala’s eyes looked up at him a bit disappointed but she knew it was going to happen at some point. “That’s a shame. I was really hoping you would at least stay a little bit longer but I understand.” There was a chuckle from her lips. She was too used to drifters at this point. Even though it did sore her heart a bit she understand.

That was when things picked up once Steele and Eldora returned. All eyes were watching Dante get what had been coming to him until Lotus went into labor. It was a scary thing as most knew that Lotus wasn’t due yet for a few more weeks. Calanthe squeezed Mordecai’s hands back and gave him a light smile. “If you are sure.” Estelle pouted some and was quick to retreat into the safety of her father’s arms.

Estelle snuggled into him and everyone was waiting for what was sure to come. After all, Angela did say it wouldn’t take forever to have the baby arrive on her watch. Attitudes perked up once the cry was heard and smiles filled the area. Everything would be alright especially when Dante brought out Shiroi for everyone to see.

Estelle came over and got on her tiptoes and Eldora came from behind and put her hands gently on her daughter’s shoulders. “I’m glad that Steele and I don’t have that problem.” She chuckled a bit and winked up at her husband. “Poor Lotus having three little Dantes.”

“Yeah… Poor Auntie Lotus.” Estelle giggled and reached up and kissed the baby. “She’s pretty Uncle Dante. Her name is Shiroi?” Estelle’s big blues looked up at her uncle before looking at the baby once more.

The twins were right on time to cause mayhem as they pushed Estelle. “Get away dog breath you might infect her with your dog ways.” Casimir was sassy with her.

Estelle lost the smile on her face and eyed her cousin. “Estelle, he didn’t mean it honest.” Corbin who was trying to defuse the situation got in between the two of them. “He didn’t mean to call you Dog breath even if that’s what you are.” Idiots.

Estelle hit them both with a right and a left hook respectively knocking them to the ground. Like father, like daughter. She nodded with authority as she put her hands on her hips. “You are being too loud for the baby. Shame on you.” She wagged her finger at the twins who whined before running into the tent to hide near Lotus.

“MAMA!!!!” They cried as they hid in the tent.

Eldora sighed softly and chuckled. “She is just like Steele deep underneath.” Estelle went back to admire Shiroi some more while Calanthe brought Mordecai closer.

“Oh, she is adorable.” Shiroi let out a yawn and snuggled down into her father’s arms. “She is so content too… She is going to be a really good baby Dante.” Unlike those twins of his.

“She looks squishy,” it was Marin in the back. “She is pudgy?” She took little interest in the baby as Hendrix fought her over a piece of cake. Calanthe let a sigh out at her older sister and looked back up at Mordecai once more.

It was Marin who spoke up once again. “Listen, I don’t know a lot about people and relationships.” Her voice was loud and it couldn’t have been aimed at a better couple. “But… He looks at you and he sighs… You look at him and you sigh. How about instead of being apart you go together? It’s what I would do… if Hendrix wasn’t glued to me… or me to him.” Her voice got quiet and she looked away stubbornly. “At least you wouldn’t have to be alone and you like each other’s company…”

Cala looked up at Mordecai and blushed. "I wouldn't be against it… Really…" She began to panic though as she let go of his hand. "Not that… I would make you let me go…. With you." She rubbed the back of her neck and eventually the stress of the limelight got to her as she took off towards the southern part of the tents. Where her tent had been set up at. She fell face first into her cot as she hyperventilated and grumbled softly to herself. "Smooth… Very smooth."

Author: Dante, Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:28 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

It was always apparent that Dante had a much cooler head than the other sons of Xunatar, so it was only natural for him to break the tension even if for the moment by luring his brother away so that he could use his magic on him without worry or interruption. As much as he would likely pay for it later, there wouldn’t be bloodshed that came from Steele in this case, unlike had things been left unchecked. Aside from that, he was used to beatings so anything that his brother threw at him would be expected and he was prepared for the pain. He watched the two go off and it would be a good while before they were expected back.

“Perhaps”, he responded to Angela, waving it off as no big deal. “Had to do something, that big bad wolf isn’t known to let grudges die and he would have broken Hendrix in two. He’s killed our kind for lesser things, after all. I’ll take the burden over having our own blood spilled.” Peeking over to Calanthe’s and Mordecai’s way, he flashed a smile. “Sometimes you have to give them a bit of a push.” He then went along with Estelle to dance as the pair went along with the tune themselves. Mordecai wasn’t a terrible dancer, he at least knew enough to get a passing grade. “As fun as this is, I will be leaving at some point soon. The war seems to be dying down and soon the world will be as normal as it can.” He wasn’t sure why he was telling her this; it wouldn’t be like they would meet again anytime soon.

Dante was busy dancing with his niece when her parents came back and shooed her over to her aunt. “My, did a number on each other I see.” He admired they handiwork even when she threatened him and wasn’t fully aware of the situation until he was getting strangled by Steele. “Still have a bit of rage I see…”

Looks like everyone was enjoying his torment, which suited him finely in secret. Playing the fool had its perks, like keeping the peace even if he was known for being much smarter than how he acted. But everything dropped on a coin when Lotus began to go into labor. Steele released Dante, who then rushed over to Lotus and helped get her into the tent as Angela. The normally collected half demon held concern over both her and their daughter. Mordecai looked on and then his eyes fell onto Calanthe’s hand and gave it a slight squeeze. Despite the order to continue the party, not many were in the mood. The atmosphere was filled with worry and anticipation. His eyes then sought to Estelle. “With that Great Aunt of yours, I’m sure she will be alright.” Steele called for her to come to him and picked her up. This sort of thing was clearly not his strong suit, but his words seemed true enough for him. It would be a while of waiting before they heard a baby’s cry and a bit longer before Dante came out with a bundle in his arms. His voice was soft and speaking gibberish, which suggested to him that all was fine.

“Well, aside from some slight annoyment at fate from Lotus, all went well.” Peeking onto the latest Norcross born, one would understand his words. She carried the tuff of white hair and blue eyes that he held; clearly looking more like her father than mother. “So that makes three then?”, Steele said, putting Estelle down to see her cousin. “She was probably hoping that Shiroi would look more like her.”

“Oh, she’s adorable either way. She has the most beautiful parents in the land, after all.”, Dante while continuing to dote on his daughter. “And as usually, Father mentally sends her and me his congratulations with a light toast of wine.”

Author: Lotus, Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:03 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Lotus watched as Dante took Steele away. There was a hint of amusement in her eyes. She knew her lover well and knew how he would break up the little fight. Sure enough, Steele came out and got Eldora.

“What do you mean?” Eldora had said to Dante before Steele came to get her. She could feel Dante’s magic all over Steele and willingly went with him. For Steele, this couldn’t have been pleasant and the couple liked to do things their way. The fact Dante had soiled that was… well, he would pay for it later. After going into the tent Eldora put her hands up to his face and cradled it. “I understand.” It would be difficult to control his rage if she could at all. Pulling him down to her Eldora kissed his lips. “Then give in and then we can make Dante regret it.”

Angela smirked up at Dante. “I wouldn’t have done that my dearest Dante. You know you’ll pay for it later.”

Calanthe blushed at Mordecai’s words. “It’s just a lot of practice I promise you.” She waved her hand at him before Dante shoved together. Mordecai’s hand was on her hip now and his scent was engulfing her more than it had in the tree trunk.

“UNCLE DANTE!” Estelle ran to her uncle and pulled him to dance with her. She got up on his feet as they danced. Calanthe had her hands positioned on him just right and she was shy a bit. Her eyes couldn’t meet his for a while but soon her gold eyes were looking into his green eyes.

“It would be wrong to waste the music.” Slowly she danced with him. They were close together and sensual as they moved around the make shift dance floor. Once Eldora and Steele were done they came back. It was clear to see they had done something. Steele was all scratched up and had some black and blue marks but Eldora was a lot worse.

Her blue eyes were glued right onto Dante. “You are a dead man Dante Norcross.” The wolf would go after him soon enough. She hadn’t been able to control his rage and due to that she was hurt a lot worse than normal.

Lotus was laughing at the scene as Steele was choking Dante. She went to go ask Steele not to kill Dante when she held her belly and let out a light cry. It was Angela who got up with a serious face. “I KNEW IT!” She ran over and put her hand on Lotus’s belly. “Steele let your brother go… Shiroi has chosen to come now of all times.”

“She’s early Angela… What if she isn’t alright?!” Lotus was panicking now.

“Not on my watch. DANTE NOW!” The goddess barked the orders. “We’ll be back soon I don’t plan on letting this take forever. Holly, keep the party going. Dante, I need you to assist me.” Soon they disappeared into a tent where Lotus was to give birth.

Calanthe had stopped to look. Her hands were on Mordecai’s now as she looked scared. If it wasn’t her mother delivering the baby she would have been terrified. Estelle took Mordecai’s sleeve and looked up at him. “Is Auntie Lotus going to be okay?” She had tears in her eyes mostly from being scared by Lotus’s cry.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:12 AM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

The party was at a sort of standstill, mainly because of Steele’s reaction in learning that not only had one of the conspirators of his demise was out free, but was standing right before him. Had he learned that he had met with Eldora and especially Estelle earlier, then he would have likely killed him right at the spot. The trust within the family was shaky, but at the very least he got along with his sin siblings and they were trying to kill one another. Hendrix held no loyalty other than for himself and who he perceived as having the upper hand. Whoever the girl was that was defending that snake clearly didn’t know the man as much as she’d like to suggest. His anger wasn’t shot towards her, but rather a bit of pity. Mordecai, on the hand other, was much more civil, but his life hadn’t been on the line like the wolf’s had so that much was understandable.

“Don’t worry about it”, Hendrix sighed and looked to Marin, “Steele has absolutely every right to be upset with me. Hell, I was on the side that wanted to kill him just because we let Sol talk us into going against Father and him.” And there would be nothing he could do against him- physically he was weak while the warlord could easily snap him in half from the looks of it. My, had he grown up into an intimidating man. Perhaps if Sol was to face him this time, he would be wearier. “This is mostly why I didn’t want to come. The civil war amongst our families had yet to subside, perhaps it never would as long as people like Sol and the terrible twins that were Keres and Samyaza were around.

The stressful situation passed as Hendrix and Marin moved towards her goal and Steele, still crossed but otherwise fine would have to have words with his father at some point. Mordecai’s attention was on Calanthe as his arms folded tightly against his chest and tapped his foot. “Sol’s a pain in the ass. At least Father has more control over himself; Sol has a superiority complex and a bad temper. Just Abed wasn’t enough to be his playground and against Father’s wishes, sought to invade the mainland. It flopped horrifically and he was punished like a bad child. The whole war he started had been because he couldn’t handle being punished. Anyway, your sister doesn’t bother me in the least. Think Steele’s attention was more so on our dear brother.”

While Angela’s words were understandable, Dante decided to ‘help the situation’. While everyone was watching Calanthe perform, he slithered over to where Steele was. “Hey, can we speak for a moment?”

Steele, unsure of what he wanted, put Estelle down and sent her off while he followed the half elf away from the crowd. “What do you want?”

“Simple. Don’t think of Hendrix right now. You should be more concerned with Eldora.”

“Huh, why?”

“Well, she was very worried for you. She put on a strong face for Estelle and kept up with her duties, but I could tell she was deeply concerned.”

“Really? Why are you mentioning this to me?”

“Is she in your thoughts?”
“Yes, and…”

That was all Dante needed before he touched Steele’s arm and it wasn’t long before his plan was known by him. But by then it was too late. The power of suggestion was stronger now with his wife in his thoughts. “Damn you”, Steele gritted, pushing his brother away and the half-elf smiled widely. “Well, at least you won’t have to worry about the snake. Anyway, there’s a empty tent a few meters away. Enjoy!”

He waved him goodbye, leaving Steele feeling a bit woozy. His head was filled with…thoughts. Naughty thoughts and it wasn’t helping his case that his wife was near enough to. Dante passed by Eldora as the duo between sisters was coming to an end and he gave her a thumb’s up. “Have fun, sister.”

Not too much longer, Steele returned and took his wife by the hand and lead her away without a word. As Dante had said, there was a big tent and he led her into it. “Damn him and his sin. He spread it onto me. I normally am not affected but he made me think of you and he was able to make me…lustful.” Steele rubbed at his temples, trying to force it out from him, but her scent was enough to draw him back to her. Her presence and sound of her voice wouldn’t help matters. Dante would pay for this dearly.

Speaking of which, he came to Angela’s side and snickered. “Well, my brother’s stress will be sated soon enough. It’s good to be me sometimes.” Mordecai didn’t know what he meant but was assuming it wasn’t anything good. In any case, it seemed like it was time to dance. Hendrix didn’t want to, seeing that he had fifty left feet and had no talent for it anyhow and decided to oversee Marin’s obsession for sugary snacks to see that it didn’t get too crazy.

“Well, didn’t doubt your talents before, but now hearing them for myself I can see how great you are”, he said to Calanthe. The subtle spots of where her focus had been drawn at times to him hadn’t gone completely unnoticed by him and certainly not by the damn rabbit himself. He was sure to hear an ear full sooner or later. But it was much more like a push when Dante literally did so- pushing the two together. “Well, looks like you two are partners after all! Enjoy!” With that, he skipped away and his older brother was wishing death for him beneath his breath yet his hands were still on Calanthe before he noticed what that fool had done as far as positioning them onto her and vice versa.

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:21 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Estelle squealed and held onto her father. “Yeah! We threw water all over Casimir and Corbin because they were being peeping-Dantes Daddy.” The little girl kissed her father’s cheek and hugged him close. “You didn’t get hurt did you, Daddy? You won right? You did cause you are here! My daddy is the best!” She was rambling now as she hugged Steele closed to her and stuck her tongue out in the directions of her cousins.

Eldora was chuckling a bit as she kissed her husband quietly. “It’s good to see you back and not hurt.” She rubbed her nose against his and pet Estelle’s black hair.

Marin looked unamused at all the hostility. “We just came here for cake. Hendrix is a puppy.” She announced to her family and to his as well. “If you asked me Sol is the more dangerous one with him running around with Undine of all people.” Her orange eyes laid on Eldora. The oracle stared back at her. “Keep her away from me.”

“I’m sure that Undine feels the same way about you.” Eldora was smooth in her words. “After all… You are the one who decided to shoot an airship cannon off at her when she was in the ocean.”

Marin grumbled a bit. “She wrecked my experiment with her tantrum. She deserved a lot more than one of her sea pets being killed. Stupid sea demons anyways.” Marin appeared a lot more hostile but it was only because she was in pain and Eldora knew that.

“You are straining your wound by being stressed.” Eldora sounded a little bit concerned but Marin was now mocking her as she lightly used the side of her feet to spur Hendrix towards the cake table. “Well… on the bright side at least Hendrix is with Marin… She doesn’t leave her house. Plus if Hendrix hadn’t been there in Mamlak, Marin would have died.” Eldora put her hands on her hips and let out a sigh. Marin was certainly special.

Calanthe looked up at Mordecai and grimaced a bit. “I understand. From the sounds of it, this Sol isn’t the greatest either and being that he is with my cousin Undine… I’ve only heard stories about her. She shaped Arri’s coastline with her rage. My sister Marin has a temper when she is stressed out and crowds make her stressed. I do hope you’ll forgive her for her attitude.”

“Now, now. Let’s all try and get along this is a happy time.” It was Angela who stepped out into the open. “We are celebrating Calanthe’s safe return after all.” She held up a beautiful violin that looked to be made out of the sky. “Would you play for us Calanthe. I’m sure it would soothe lots of people.”

There was a light blush across her face but Calanthe nodded and approached her mother. She took the strange looking violin and dragged the bow across the strings. She was getting a feel for it but before long she began to play something to would bring back nostalgic feelings. Calanthe turned her gold eyes to Mordecai and gave him a little smile. The music evolved into something that felt like a warm summer, a feeling of happiness. Angela closed her eyes as she sat down in a chair and bobbed her head to it.

Calanthe’s skill was on the level of a master bard. She made the crowd feel what she wanted them to feel. The story she told with her song was unique to only her. That was when things got dicey. A smaller brown haired girl came out and lifted up her violin. Calanthe stopped abruptly and met her sister’s eyes. “Holly.”

“Calanthe.” The two bards entered into a duel. It was almost like electric as they danced around each other and began to play notes on such a fast level that for some it was hard to keep up. It was Holly that messed up though as Calanthe brought the music back down to a gentle tone.

“Maybe next time little sister.” There was a smirk on Calanthe’s face. Holly hadn’t quite reached her level yet as she lowered the violin and her siblings applauded.

“I guess I’ll just play for you and Mordecai then.” Holly chuckled as Calanthe gave the violin back to her mother. “Dancing for everyone then… Grab a partner. I do mean everyone.” Calanthe’s eyes met Mordecai’s at Holly’s words.

“My partner is this piece of cake.” Marin pointed down to a chocolate slice with a cherry on top.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:48 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

When the party started, Mordecai was within reach of the small group, merely observing them. Mainly of Dante making an ass out of himself. When he would give up this ruse of being incompetent were unforeseen, especially if he continued this for the sake of being lazy. Such scenery wasn’t suited for him, but he had promised to attend and that he did. Making himself a quick plate of food, he munched on the goodies, being the first thing of substance he had in a few days he reckoned. The more he thought about it, the more it hit them that he hadn’t eaten since arriving onto the island and being sent out to rescue Calanthe and bring her back to camp.

It wasn’t long until Eldora’s calling out that he noticed his brother’s arrival that he watched passively. Tired but strangely sated, Steele had moved ahead of his army in reaching the camp and was bombarded by both his wife and daughter. Dante snickered to himself, a plan was forming in his devious mind but he would wait until he could get the wolf alone.”Had fun, dear brother? It’s been a while since you played your role… “

Steele looked up from his embracing wife, “As glorious as that’s been, I’m just glad that you all are safe and…” He stopped the moment he spotted Mordecai and sighed. His face dropped slightly into a grim frown. “You aren’t here to try and kill Father again, are you?”

“Don’t care to, not that it would help even if I wanted to. The old man went and became a deity. Joyous.” Neither of them held any resentment towards the other; it was just that Steele was one of the more trusted children and Mordecai was the rebellious one that happened to see their father as someone that was going to doom them all one day. That would be the only thing to bring them into odds with each other. Steele patted his daughter on the head before picking her up. “You been a good girl for mama?” He kissed her cheek tenderly; he had missed them both since these battles surfaced. This was surely a side that his older brother had never witnessed and it…did surprise him quite a bit as he watched on.

And then Hendrix showed up.

Carrying Marin on his back wasn’t his idea, but it was a way for her to not use up her energy and rest up. While her appearance was welcomed by her family, he noticed Mordecai who held a strange look on his face. “You broke out?”

“No, Father let me out…”, he stated bluntly.

“Thought the old man would drop dead before letting you all out again…”

“I wasn’t the threat. Sol was, but he’s off causing plenty of trouble again.”

“Well, that was a waste of time. It took me forever to capture him once.” The only reason why he would have worked alongside his father’s favor would be that at least the demon king thought rationally most of the time and didn’t want unjustified chaos and destruction. Sol thought he could strongarm everything to bend to his will and did so in the most unelegant manners.

Steele gritted his teeth as he stared into one of the co-conspirators that went against his father and him when he was younger. True, Hendrix wasn’t completely a threat but he did side with the enemy which made him just as guilty. His eyes sharpened, becoming more feral like as he mentally struggled to keep himself in line. Hendrix noticed the response but ignored it. It couldn’t be helped that there would be divisions in the family over what happened. He didn’t plan of getting forgiveness and from the looks of things, it wouldn’t happen for quite some time.

“Yeah, a charming one from the looks of things”, Hendrix spoke before glaring at Marin. “And I told you not to call me that, Marin.” With a defeated look on his face, he moved over to the refreshments table where the cakes were. “Oh yes, it’s a hell of a party”, Dante said, the humor dripping from his tongue as he snuck up behind Steele. “Need to relax, brother. You just got back and everything, no need to worry. There were others that could have been released that are worse than Hendrix.” The wolf regained himself for the time being and snidely remarked, “Snakes in the garden, no matter how small… “

Mordecai looked to Calanthe speaking so that only she could hear him, “Many families have their problems within, but venom runs so deep in our blood. Can’t say for my part that I’m sorry for trying to off the bastard. His little scheme is why the family is so divided, even to this day.” He cut into a piece of the cake on his plate and devoured it. “There are other reasons but that one is pretty high. Wherever he is at the moment means that at least there will be no bloodshed for the moment.”

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:00 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

The girls watched Mordecai and Dante for a bit before letting it go. Cala watched as Mordecai was dragged off by Dante and he was saying god knew what to the poor man. Dante was an interesting one. Lotus gave her a reassuring smile but even the half-succubus knew her lover was probably causing trouble.

Cala perked back up as Mordecai came back with him. “Only a brotherly talk?” Lotus was there waiting for him with open arms. “My poor sweet Dante.” Shiroi would be happy to have her father nearby.

“I’m happy you are coming, Mordecai!” Calanthe seemed a bit more confident now.

Once the party was started, it appeared like it was a small group after all. Eldora was watching her daughter play but she stood up as soon as she foreseen something. “Steele!” She barreled through the small ground and leaped into her husband’s arms. Estelle was right behind her.

“DADDY!” She clung to his leg and Lotus smirked from where she was. It was good to see Eldora happy and Estelle as well. The younger sister knew that Eldora had been worried.

“Looks like almost everyone is here…” Lotus spoke softly.

“Cake table please,” it was a Marin being piggybacked by Hendrix. Her orange eyes looked uninterested in most things as they sought out the one thing she was promised.

“Oh, Marin… You are here!” Calanthe took Mordecai by the hand and brought him over. “Are you okay? You look like you were hurt!” Gold eyes watched Marin with concern and the sister shrugged.

“Just had to have minor surgery and I am not allowed to do anything stupid for two months. Glad to know you got here in one piece.” Marin eyed Mordecai as his scent reached her nose.

“Oh! This is Mordecai, he is a brother of Steele and Dante’s. He came to save me. Mordecai this is my sister Marin.”

“Oh, joy, a regular god honest family reunion.” Marin’s humor was dry as she leaned over and looked Hendrix in the eyes. “Isn’t that right Henny? Cake table.” She pointed once she had finally found it. It showed that while she was talking with her sister she had still been listening.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:01 AM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Distracted….the man was a damn fool, or at least he was good at playing such to a degree. Those that seemed to know Fante best knew that it was a complete ruse. Mordecai certainly knew this to be true, in fact, he was one of the first ones to noticed and…informed Father who also knew. One of the brief times when they were on speaking terms. Such a memory was drawn out into his mind and would have made him chuckle a bit. But right now, he continued to hold onto a straight face. The fact that his brother’s children were just as smart and just as willing to play the fools was a scary thought.

Speaking of which, he could overhear Dante jesting his children as they were being punished and lectured and shook his head. Furthermore was when Lotus explained the tale of her and Dante encountering one another. Well, at least it wasn’t some of the scenarios that played out unfortunately in his head. “Another brother…wonderful. See the old man hadn’t changed much… “ His arms folded against his chest as he wondered when Father’s plan would collapse upon him. It had been a ridiculous idea and lead to an even greater ridiculous obsession. His green eyes then reached over to Eldora, “You have my sympathies then. Being tied to him…isn’t the greatest thing in the world, that is for sure.” It wasn’t hard to pick up his resentment towards the Lord. Dante fell quiet and held a serious face on him. “Think he probably knows you are here by now, Mordecai. I told you that it was a bad idea to hang around too long- my connection with him allows him to see and hear what I do.”

“Terrific.”

He rolled his eyes; it wasn’t something he wanted to deal with right now, and certainly neither did his father. So many headaches would be cured by simply avoiding one another, though he did feel sorry for the kids that thought of him as a decent grandfather. Time would only tell, but he sure as hell wouldn’t place complete trust in him that they wouldn’t become pawns down the road.

His eyes moved over to Calanthe and groaned inwardly; parties of any sort weren’t usually his thing at all. But she seemed as nervous as ever and with Dante constantly jabbing at his side with a shoulder and winking at him for some reason, the demon hunter gave in without a fight. “I’ll come, but you”, he proclaimed as he grabbed his brother, “You will behave and not drive me or the others up the wall. Same goes for your little hellspawn.”

“Hey, I’m well behaved, thank you very much.” Dante huffed at his brother before he was put back down. “You should come with me, by the way…” Before Mordecai could argue, he snatched him and gave a wink to the ladies before dragging the hunter around the tent. “You are caught in the web, dear brother. But at least you lucked out.”

“What the hell are you talking about”, he questioned in a low voice.

“Don’t be silly…You saw her mother and I’ve seen some of the other daughters she has…and Calanthe is a beauty herself. You lucky devil.”

“Nothing is going on…”

“Spare me that. Even if you are in denial, it's as plain as rain that our deal Cala is smitten. Whenever she looks at you, she turns bright red and gets nervous. Honestly, as a hunter, you sure do suck at looking at what’s in front of ya.”

Mordecai would have pummeled the fool if something hadn’t clicked in his head. It was a rare moment where it showed that Dante would end up being the smarter of the two. “Trust me, you hunt demons and I hunt women. I know how they operate, well most of them. Eldora and a few others don’t count though. Anyway, my advice is that if you really don’t care, then why didn’t you just refuse? You never had a problem speaking your mind before…I think you lik…”

A gut punch threw his way and Mordecai dragged him right back to where the others were at. “Just had to have a brotherly talk with Dante, right?”

“Ow…sure…ow.”

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:55 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Lotus could have struck him and perhaps she should have when she knew he had lost their darling boys but instead she had a moment of clarity. Her slender digits came up and ran her fingers through his white hair. “You are so easily distracted outside of sex, my dear Dante.” The half-succubus gave him a tender smile and held him close. “Shiro is a good nickname, unlike the names you’ve given the boys.” There was a sigh that left her lips. The boys were often times worse than Dante. They were damn smart but also played dumb at the right moments. They knew just how to get under Dante’s skin.

There was another sigh as the boys knocked their father over to be with their mother. Both of her hands moved so she could pet their white locks. They stuck their tongue out at Dante but snuggled closer to Lotus once she biffed the back of their heads lightly.

“It’s in their blood to be attracted to such things. Even if he didn’t teach them they would probably learn it themselves… It would be wise to just let Dante teach them the ropes now so they don’t die later.” She pulled at the boys’ ears and they let out a cry. “Stop getting caught. When you get old enough you will understand how dangerous things like that are. If that’s the road you want to walk you have to be smart and quick on your feet. Many incubi have died being stupid.” Their eyes were big but then the twins clung harder to their mother.

At least they appeared to listen to her more intently than Dante. The boys and Estelle paid attention to when Dante introduced Mordecai. Eldora produced a towel and tossed it to Lotus. The younger sister began to dry the twins and looked up to Mordecai curiously. “A long time ago now… There was a golem that came around Revaliir. It was a giant spider. Somehow both Dante and I ended up there together at the same time. We ended up hiding out together. We found out that we share a sibling. Colden is both a son of Xunatar and a son of Cyprus, our mother. Normally for both of us, it would have been a one and done night of fun.” She waved her hand about. “But fate decided to throw us at each other… It became a routine. Until one party Dante suggested we court but we be free to our own vices… And here we are. I tend to think Steele and Eldora are the interesting ones.”

Eldora chuckled a bit. “Lotus is a half-succubus. She keeps Dante pretty busy. When it comes to me and Steele… We were assigned to each other to deal with our mother Cyprus. Steele told me I was surely more than a vessel for spirits and I told him that he was more than just wrath. Sounds dumb but that’s where it came from.” She pat Estelle on the head. “I am… tied to Xunatar.” She frowned a bit. “My life will snuff out if I don’t have his support. Afraid my life has been burning at both ends since I was born. So we live in Discordia with Estelle. Isn’t that right?”

Estelle nodded. “And Papa plays with me! He likes my drawings.” Eldora smiled and pat her head once more. It was clear the children had different thoughts on Xunatar.

“Speaking.. of family…” Calanthe who had been taking in everything finally spoke up. “Mother wants to have a little party to celebrate my safe return in Mordecai’s honor. She said it wasn’t anything big since she has to keep the aura up around the camp.” She rubbed the back of her neck. “She wants me to play alongside Holly. It’s usually a lot of fun.” It was her way of more or less inviting Mordecai but it was probably lost in how nervous she was.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:05 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

If it could wear a skirt, Dante would chase after it like a dog would a piece of meat. Mordecai was hardly surprised to see him flaunting over Calanthe as he was. As much as he wished, he couldn’t seem to get rid of him. Fortunately, it looked like someone actually could and it came in the form of yet another woman, who looked like she was ready to burst with the child inside her. Was this the woman Dante spoke of? He couldn’t help but give her a cockeyed look- she had to be something to make Dante keep interest enough to remain with her. His brother saw his lover and smiled when he looked at her belly. Cooing a little, he got on his knees and placed an ear onto her, wanting to hear his little girl. “Not my fault I make beautiful babies. Last time I checked, they were going to the bathing grounds.” It didn’t need much explanation after that and he continued to rub at her stomach. “It wasn’t my fault, my brother Mordecai came here and he brought her here.”

While Mordecai didn’t have to deal with this first hand, it was common knowledge that women…didn’t always act rationally when it came to carrying children and Lotus seemed to fit the bill with her little fits at her cousin. “I think the name suits her better”, he whined a little before taking notice of the boys coming and knocking him down to reach their mother. “Little urchins. Didn’t I teach you how to speak effectively? That’s what you get for not listening to me.”

“Of all the things you could have taught them, and you decided that spying on nude women was the best course of action…?” How in the world did he end up with Lotus was a mystery that he didn’t really want to look into much. Mostly because he was afraid of the answer. Eldora returned with a child of her own and with the instrument in her hands, everything was becoming clearer.

Learning that both Steele and Dante found women that would put up with them…that was something he hadn’t thought of believing, much less seeing with his own eyes. But then again, it had been ages since he saw the both of them, as Calanthe had with her cousins. Not since that great fight with their father. He wasn’t the sort to dolt on family, but he couldn’t hate the little ones for being who they were. He still wasn’t a fan of their fathers though.

“Alright, and this here is your grouchy Uncle Mordecai. He’s worse than…” While Dante thought to compare him to Steele, Estelle probably wouldn’t take too keenly to it. Nor would Eldora and he knew what would occur if he mentioned it so for the time being, the half-elf simply smiled and ceased his words. Mordecai didn’t take too kindly towards his own introduction, but he let it be. It wouldn’t be too long before he was like one of those uncles people wouldn’t see for ages, except for it’d be even longer than that unless fate had a say in it. That was the way things went in his book. “So…how did you two meet?”, he questioned Lotus, still unclear on how she was able to tie his brother down.

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:32 AM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Calanthe was a bit taken back by Dante being so forward with her. Bright red flushed across her cheeks and she became rather sheepish. The Rosenite perked up when Mordecai told her it was just his job. “That doesn’t mean I can’t thank you for it… After all, you got hurt.”

Once more Dante managed to make her uncomfortable as he circled her like she was some kind of prey. Once Mordecai kicked him away Calanthe took a deep breath and gave a relieved smile to him. “Oh… It wasn’t a problem. I’m just glad I paid attention when Mother was going over basic healing applications.” She waved her hand at him and shook her head.

“…So he won’t be relied on? EVEN when he is relied on,” the voice angry and it came from a very tall and pretty woman… Who was heavily pregnant. “Dante Norcross… Where the hell are your sons? You told me that you would keep an eye on them while I took a nap.” Her bi-colored eyes were glaring down at the Rabbit of Lust.

“Cousin Lotus!” Calanthe was so shocked to see her state. “I… never thought I would see you so…”

“Plump? Fat? Blame Dante.” Lotus pulled Dante up but seemed to struggle a bit as her hand went on her very big belly. “We’re having our third child… We named her Shiroi but Dante has taken to calling her Shiro.”

There was an echoing pair of screams as two soaked little boys came barreling through. They stopped looked at their father shoved him down and clung to their mother’s legs. “Mama!” they cried.

Eldora was coming with a big smile on her face. Estelle was by her with a bucket. “Caught them peeping on the women bathing…”

“Even you… Eldora?” Calanthe looked at the little girl.

“You haven’t been home in a long time… I suppose for everyone’s sake I’ll do introductions. You sadly know Dante. That’s my sister Lotus, Dante’s mate. I’m Eldora, Steele’s wife. This is our daughter Estelle.” Estelle beamed brightly up at Mordecai. “The two little peepers are Casimir and Corbin. They are Dante and Lotus’s oldest.”

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:04 AM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Dante nearly clapped his hand onto his face when he heard his midget-in-laws’ voice. Slowly the half-elf turned around to see that it was indeed her. Meanwhile, Mordecai looked on until she delivered Steele’s “message” which made him kneel over. “Already saw that coming”, he sighed before they left her and the oaf. Of course, the pup and the toad were constantly harassing each other still, even though he knew that it was usually the latter’s fault.

“How the hell was I suppose to know?”, Dante spilled out, his voice was barely heard by his older brother the further they went until Angela came over and damn near collided with her daughter. He backed up enough so that he didn’t get caught in the crossfire while her barrage of kisses and hugs went unchecked. Calanthe, for her credit, was taking all of this rather well. His eyes met with hers for brief moments before Angela had suggested that they take baths to get cleaned up from their journey. While he would have gone to protest, it didn’t really seem like he had much of a choice. With a simple shrug, Mordecai went along with this plan and headed off for one. The water felt good; what didn’t was the fact that mosquito of a brother trailed him down to the tent where he was bathing and persistently kept trying to warn him of “joining the family” while shifting the one-sided conversation over to questioning what he had done in those woods with her.

“Come on now, I keep seeing her face turn red back there. What sort of devilish things do you with her, dear brother?”

“You can’t ignore me forever…I can tell you that you don’t wanna get caught up in this web…but you can tell me if you had fun…”

The whole time he got cleaned up and dress…the fool wouldn’t shut up but Mordecai kept silent though he’d be sure to punch him in the face when he was done. Absolutely nothing happened- he wasn’t one that kept thinking with his lower head like Dante. He had to simply escort and protect Calanthe back to the camp, which he did. When he came out from the tent, he threw a right hook, connecting with his little brother’s cheek and knocking him down on his ass. “Ow! I told you, anywhere but the face!”

“Nothing happened. I found her, or rather she found me and we hid and talked throughout the night…”

“Wasn’t too loud, were ya?”, Dante winked before Mordecai’s hand wrapped around the collar of his shirt and yanked him up. “Geesh, why are you one of Father’s favorites…” When Calanthe came over, both men turned at the sound of her voice and while he looked a bit surprised to see how she looked compared to her previous state, Dante’s jaw dropped and immediately pushed his brother away. “Calanthe, was it not? My you are a radiant one…“

Mordecai barely registered his brother’s actions as he kept his own eyes on her before letting out a slow nod. “No need to thank me- I was just doing my job. I’m glad we were able to make it back here.”

“Don’t listen to him, he’s a bore.” Dante circled slowly around her and fetched his brightest smile. But the older brother had other things in mind and literally kicked him away a good few meters. “Don’t mind him, he’s both harmless and is smarter than he appears. He likes to play dumb because then he won’t have to be relied on for things. Anyway, if anyone should…be thankful, it’s me for taking care of my shoulder.”

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:16 AM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Calanthe nodded to him before they slowly made their way back to the camp. There were several times when he had grabbed her so they could hide from the bugs. It didn’t appear like they had to worry about much as they traveled. Avoiding the bugs was easy and with Mordecai, he could protect her if need be.

Once they were back in the fort she immediately hid behind Mordecai. Her gold eyes were looking Dante over. He was such an odd character. Matter of fact… He was yelling about Eldora of all people. Granted she hadn’t seen Eldora in a very long time.

“Dante,” it was Eldora who had her hands on her hips. “Hello, Cousin Calanthe.” Calanthe was shy as she bowed her head a bit. “Oh… Dante… This is from Steele.” Eldora gut punched him and put her hands on her hips. “And I wasn’t dirty when I met Steele.”

When Mordecai pulled her away Calanthe stopped bowed to the hurting Dante and finally followed the man who saved her. “What an odd group of people…” That man was Mordecai’s brother? She supposed it was possible considering how different all of her siblings were.

“CALA!” It was Angela who was running dead sprint now at her daughter. There was a look of shock on the younger Rosenite’s face. Angela was hugging her and kissing her.

“MY LADY!” A smaller woman was running behind her. She had long brown hair to her hips and was quite small. Her violet eyes were following the goddess. “PLEASE MY LADY! You are getting all dirty! What will the clergy think?!”

Angela made a face before continuing to rub her face against Calanthe’s “Fuck the clergy right now. I’m so glad you’re safe!” Calanthe felt hot as her eyes drifted to Mordecai. “Let’s get you both baths…” Angela snapped and her own clothes cleaned and the dirt came off her. She was sure that both of them would like a hot bath though.

Ang was overbearing at worst it appeared. After a nice hot bath, Calanthe dressed in a plain lilac colored dress that her mother had provided. Her long red hair was brushed but still wet from being bathed. She made her way out and saw Mordecai chastising Dante of all people once more. That man really didn’t learn. “Um…” Calanthe had a blush across her face as she approached. “Thank you against for coming and getting me Mordecai.” She bowed once more and when she came up she looked skeptical at Dante.

It was clear that Cala had gained not only her mother’s body type but also her vibrant red hair.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:11 AM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

”Perhaps. At least it could do a bit of damage.” He let himself be humored by the thought of her whacking one of those things upside the head, but that conversation passed by in favor of something more personal. “Sounds like a metaphor or something”, spoke Mordecai, unsure fully of what she was saying. It wasn’t like he could share in similar thoughts- he had always been about the hunt and working nonstop. Love was hardly a thing he’d give a second thought about- he didn’t really even like himself before of whose blood ran through his veins. He listened to her tale of her father, or simply the man that was anything but. Seems like they had something in common.

“A bastard he is, from the sounds of it. Don’t really care much for my old man. He’s one of those “Gods” right now, but you can only trust him as far as you can throw him. He uses his children for his own benefit and he and I share a particularly volatile relationship. He’s the reason why I became a hunter.” As sad as that sounded, Mordecai didn’t wish for powerful demons like him to be let loose, free to do with their own devices and cause suffering for the sake of self-amusement. That was what Xunatar stood for, at least back when they were still on speaking terms.

Still, there had been a time where he did claim him, if only for his own reasons. With Calanthe, her father simply wanted a cash cow. It made him frown deeply but there was little that could be done with that situation.

They spoke until she gave way to sleep and then he would follow sometime after that. He hadn’t wanted to wake up and enjoy the slumber as it caused him to forget the reality of the situation. Mordecai hadn’t wanted to wake up himself, but they would need the early morning sun to guide them before the bugs woke up. He cocked an eye her direction when the rosenite refused to wake up.

Things got even more awkward from there and he held up his hands and tried to reassure the girl. “Calm down, there’s no reason to freak out. Things happen and…” He held onto his head and sighed- this wasn’t a situation that he was experienced in from the start. His other hand reached out to fall onto her shoulder and patted it a few times. “There, there. No need to apologize, Calanthe. It wasn’t your fault. Don’t worry about it.” It had been something he wasn’t prepared for; how could he have been? Stuck in the middle of the forest with a woman he barely knew and fell asleep with, so that he would escort her back to her mother, who he knew even less of.

He still thought about how she fell onto him before she woke up and realized their situation. Was it that she was thinking of Brynn? He certainly wasn’t the sort of man he had been, from what he gathered and he wasn’t trying to be either. Gathering his stuff along with her, Mordecai followed her lead and exited the trunk as calmly and carefully as possible. Dawn was coming and by midday, they should be home free. Now that he got some more light, he looked at Calanthe. It was hard to tell what she looked like beneath all that dirt, grime and plant matter she used to mask herself from the bugs. Obviously, she was going to need a bath or something; maybe even her own mother would have problems recognizing her own kid. “Don’t worry, we’ll get you cleaned up in no time. Now let’s move.” He walked alongside her, generally being careful and cautious as they stumbled about the woods, the hunter retracing his steps as best as he could. Whenever something that resembled the sound of buzzing drew close, he would pause and take her by the hand to hide with him using their surroundings. It was a long and winding journey before they finally reached the settlement. A happy sigh slipped through his lips as they ventured inside and soon that good feeling ceased when a certain someone immediately came over to him.

“Oh no, not another Eldora situation!”

“What?”, he asked Dante, whose eyes couldn’t keep to themselves.

“Steele fell for a dirty little Rosenite as well. It’s deja vu all over again dear brother.”

Mordecai simply pushed himself aside and lead Calanthe away from him. “Ignore him, he’s usually harmless but he’s a pervert.” Dante could be heard taking offense to that remake as he followed them, making his older brother’s eyes roll as they searched for Angela.

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:13 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Calanthe chuckled at him and shook her head, “You can at least protect yourself. What will I do? Hit someone with my violin?” It felt weird being so light-hearted when they were so close to death. Then the conversation got turned to Brynn by her own hand. She had been trying so well to hide it but Brynn was the one who used to protect her and keep her warm at night.

Together they huddled and she chuckled a bit in her sorrow. “It’s weird but when you love someone their presence can warm you even in the cold. Even if they themselves are cold. It isn’t a real warmth at all but when its real… It really does feel like the area isn’t cold at all.” Her words were soft and gentle as she thought about it more.

“I suppose that I was just ready for someone to hear it is all… and you are stuck with me.” Her own gold eyes closed as a yawn left her lips. “My father… was a drunk from the highlands. I don’t know how he got my mother to agree to have me or if like so many of my siblings she just made me into existence because he was suitable but she disliked him.” A musing thought really. She reeled her head against his out of instinct as she fought sleep for just the moment. “He… Came for me once when he heard how good of a bard I was. How I could get coin like nothing. He wanted me to make money for him so he could drink without worry. Mother forced him out. I don’t know if she knew I was listening or not… He was a horrible man… So in that aspect, I know the spectrum but maybe not in the same way as others.”

Mordecai was so warm that it was lulling her and soon her thoughts slowly came to a crawl. At first, when he shook her in the morning she swatted at his hand. “Five more minutes.” It was more like a pout but with how groggy she sounded it was likely she didn’t realize where she was. She rolled near him and took hold of his shirt in her hands as she put her forehead to his chest. It was his scent that woke her up. She bolted to the other side of the truck away from him. Her gold eyes were wide and her chest was heaving from the surprise of waking up to him. It took her a few moments to calm down and realize everything was okay. She wasn’t used to his face.

The trunk was so quiet her little heart could be heard beating away in between her deep breaths. “S-Sorry. I didn’t mean… I mean… What I’m trying to say is…” For a bard, she was way too lost in her words as her face flushed and for a moment she balled herself up against the wall and put her head into her thighs. There were a few deep breaths. “I’m sorry that I got too close… if it was a problem. I didn’t mean to.” Her face was still red once she was calm enough to apologize to him. Her gold eyes were sheepishly looking at his now.

Soon after they were packing up her things and she put her pack on her back. “Let’s take a look…” She opened the truck steadily. Her eyes looked about and her ears listened good for noises. “It sounds like they’ve moved on from this area.” She pulled herself out from the truck crawling on all fours until she could stand up. She went to brush herself off but when she pulled at her dress and looked… She realized there wasn’t really a reason to try. She was absolutely filthy. Through the leaves, mud, and everything else in her hair there were glints of red like Angela’s that reflected in the sunlight filtering through the heavy canopy. “We should we good to move towards the camp I think… As long as we’re stealthy about it.”

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Sun Oct 7, 2018 6:22 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

“In my line of work, I’ve seen such traits basically from all sorts”, he commented. “Some are just better at hiding it than others. But like you said, humans are worse when it comes to that. Everyone has that two-sided coin aspect, just depends on how potent one is compared to the other.” He knew that he wasn’t the shining example of holiness but then again, Mordecai never did preach or act like he was. There were times when he had to embrace the colder side of himself and he could admit to it. “Don’t mention it.” It was odd to be given the water in such a matter, but it helped quench his thirst. “Especially on short notice too. How long you think you’ve been hiding out?” His green eyes watched her with care as he tried to get in a more comfortable position.

“Your mother did tell me that much, which was why she was hasty in sending out a complete stranger to come for you. Well, I suppose not quite as much since my brother Dante is with one of yours.” Saying that felt even stupider than thinking it- him of all people finally settling down…there had to a catch to it. Even more disturbing was that he actually procreated…the world didn’t need a Dante, much less more of him. “I travel as well, but I’m a hunter of demons and such. Basically, a gloried rat killer, just that my prey are far bigger and stronger.”

She seemed good at trying to hide her emotions, at least he was sure that she was given her tone and body language. He didn’t say anything about it, of course. He wasn’t the sort to pry too hard unless needed; he was similar in masking himself at times. Considering that they had a long night ahead of them, he agreed to the idea of huddling up for warmth. He didn’t think too much of it up until she was literally right in front of him. Beneath the dirt and berries, he could faintly smell her scent, especially once her hair covered his face like a damn bush. “Not sure how that works, but not the sort of thing for me to judge”, he spoke when he pulled away from her hair. The name Brynn was familiar, and when she spoke of him as a god, he was able to draw the connection. Although it was a shame for her to use him after losing godhood, the chances were unfortunately good that something would happen. Many fallen gods didn’t last too long in these parts- either unable to cope with mortality again, crossing the wrong people that wanted revenge, or simply faded into the pages of history… Again, he wouldn’t voice such things to her, not when it seemed like her speaking of the man was already upsetting her.

“It’s fine”, he muttered with closed eyes. “Better to speak these things out than to have it consume you. I should heed my own advice, but not really one to face my own demons easily.” So many skeletons in the closet for him to keep up with, and plenty that he didn’t care about. “Parents, at least the good ones, tend to worry for their children. The other end of the spectrum isn’t…pleasant by any means.” He barely knew of his mother, and his father…well, he’d pick drowning in lava over ever making amends with the bastard if given the choice. His hands would occasionally warm up her arms; it seemed like she was much colder than he was, even with the blanket on them.

Mordecai would have told her to relax; that he would make sure that she would get back, but it was already said and done. He rather them not become chow for the insects out there, occasionally on the prowl. He could hear them every now and then but it ended in the same result, their position wasn’t given away. Sleep was necessary though it didn’t come easily to him as it had for Calanthe. He gave her a look at being called her prisoner, though it was in the end, a jest and he pushed it aside to give in to the comforts of sleep himself. It was hard to tell when the time had passed given their position, but when he finally succumbed, it did feel like an eternity when he woke up. He looked around and still found Calanthe up against him. Even if the hours of dawn were a little off, he figured that they could head out and get an early start.

“Hey Calanthe.” His hand went to shake her a little, “Calanthe. Cala, wake up. Think it’s time to hurry and go. I don't hear them out just yet.”

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Sat Oct 6, 2018 11:45 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

“Humans can be careless… and cruel.” Her words were gentle as she thought about it. “They often only think about how to further themselves… I suppose a lot of races are like that though.” Calanthe’s gold eyes glimmered at him and she appeared to crack a smile just enough under the pressure. It was nice to be reassured again. “Thank you Mordecai.” It really did help her a lot to hear those words.

Her fingers were gentle with the leaf bowl as she helped him take a drink of it before taking one herself. “I thought it was a lot longer but that might have been me just being tired.” She took a heavy breath and rubbed her neck more. “It took a lot to find a hollowed tree you know.”

Golden eyes batted at him as she thought about his question. “Mother taught me the fundamentals of healing when I said I was going to travel the world. I’m a traveling bard. I go where ever the winds of music take me. It just so happened that I haven’t been with my mother for a few years now. I lost my lover you see… so I decided to go on an adventure all of my own. I was out in the middle of it when I was told to come here… Mother had hired some mercenaries that we thought would be of help… When we had the issues.”

She frowned a bit. “I hadn’t told her I was going to be gone for so long but I’ve been lost without Brynn.” Pulled her pack over she pulled out a blanket. She was shivering and Mordecai was warm. They decided it was best that he warm her up. The blanket covered both of them as they laid with her back to his chest. He had his arms warmed around her warming her arms up by rubbing them on occasion. Her teeth chattered a bit and she laughed but it came out like a whisper. She reeled her head back like she was remembering something. Her red hair going against his face for a moment. “Brynn was a lich. Crazy right? He was never warm and his temple when he was a god was cold as ice.”

Her gold eyes closed. “He was incredibly warm even if he wasn’t. He taught me about the old world… The ancient Highlands. The way of the bards and how important they were. My mother had given me to him as a present… Not like that.” Her voice was soft as she corrected any bad thought he might have had. “Because bards were important in the Highlands… They were often the stewards to the kings and other nobles… so I was given to him to be his bard… His steward. When Brynn fell I couldn’t find him and I was sad… I ended up in his tomb and I took his crown. He woke back up and he was angry. I was so scared and I felt so selfish. We were happy for a time. He was slowly killing me though just by being around me.”

She frowned. “He went back to sleep once he realized. His lich life force was slowly taking my own for his. It just hadn’t before because he was a god. He wasn’t a bad man. He had become a lich because people stole from his burial chambers. It’s the only reason I knew how to make him come back.” She frowned a bit more and turned enough to look at Mordecai. “Sorry to lay that all on you… I just got thinking about it. I had to get it out.” She laid her head back down and closed her eyes. “I don’t think I can really talk to mom about it. I think she would feel responsible. She might seem all jolly most of the time but Mom worries a lot. For everything she has to worry about we’re normally her number one priority. It’s why a lot of us left home. It’s why I haven’t gone back home even though I probably should.”

She felt like she was dragging on so she stopped herself. “I had all this inside of me… welling up because I didn’t think I was going to make it to the camp.” She whispered before putting her arms around his so she could sleep. “Good night Mordecai… Thanks for unwillingly being my prisoner.” She chuckled and drifted to sleep.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Fri Oct 5, 2018 8:56 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

He gave her nod, the girl knew her stuff about survival. Her mother’s faith in her wasn’t misguided in the least, which was also good for him. “Have to remember that, Calanthe.” The damn things would have tracked him down and killed them both if not for her quick thinking. He wasn’t sure how he could be so careless, especially in his line of work. A simple retrieve mission shouldn’t have proven more difficult in comparison. They were dealing with something more primal than simple-minded demons. He let out an annoyed sigh at his own carelessness, “I should have been more cautious around these parts. Figured this area wouldn’t have been as bad as the main battlefield. Forgot to consider that there would be scouts sent out…”

Mordecai looked to her and grimace a little when she started to squeeze out the venom. It hurt like the dickens, but it was far better than to wait it out so he bared the pain as it came before she continued on with healing. “I suspected that they were likely all dead. Your words only strengthen that belief. This wasn’t a time to play who’s the boss. Not with those things out there.” It was a shame that good men had likely perished out there, but such was war and a group divided was better to kill off. “Don’t have to worry about anything- I won’t let you get hurt. Promised your mother that I’d return you and I will make it so.”

Looking at the bowl she made, he rose an eyebrow before he moved over and placed his lips against it. He hadn’t seen such a thing before and didn’t trust himself enough to be able to hold it properly. Felt like the thing would break at any moment but Calanthe knew what she was doing. He trusted her well enough not to think that she would poison him or something.

“It’s a little over half a day’s travel back to the camp and eve has arrived a bit ago. Probably better to stay here and travel at dawn. I figure that your mother would at least know that we are still breathing, fortunately."He felt for the where the injury had been and rubbed a few times. He felt better but he wasn’t foolish to believe that he was completely healed just yet. For now, he could rest and let his own regenerating takeover. “Don’t worry about it. I can’t fight against such wisdom when it makes sense.” He leaned back against the inner trunk and threw his head back a little. “Thanks, by the way for the heals. How did you manage to get so separated from your mother and the camp? Came out here later?”

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Fri Oct 5, 2018 7:38 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

“It’s one of the few things I caught onto really well believe it or not. When you live out in the Highlands you have to know how to survive the raids. I was a bard for one of the old gods out there.” Calanthe.”If they are insects they probably use smell a lot and even pheromones like… the ones put into your back when you got stung. It’s kind of like when you disturb a hornet’s nest.” Her hands were gentle against his back. “Once one stings you all the others know where you are.” She only stopped her words to avoid the buzzing but her ideas were very clear.

After all the Roses seemed more in tune with nature. She began to squeeze the venom out and before long she applied deep healing magic against his shoulder. “My name is Calanthe but Mom probably only called me Cala.” She gave him a smile as she came back around him now. There was enough room for her to move comfortably.

“It was more than just a bit of trouble. The leader and his second command got into a fight over the route they should take… Unfortunately the second in command killed the leader, as that normally happens in these situations. His idea was the wrong one and we ended up landing on the wrong shore. I took off as soon as I could. Staying with someone who had no survival instincts would have gotten me killed. Plus I had heard the buzzing before they could. There was so many of them Mordecai.” She looked scared but she put on a brave face.

“You must be thirsty.” She got the small leaf bowl of water and was gentle with it as she held it up. “I would give it to you to hold but it’s very fragile.” She wasn’t expecting him to know how to handle it. She tipped it enough for Mordecai to drink before looking towards the exit. “It’s going to get dark soon.” She whispered. “I can see you though… I can see in the darkness but if you can’t it’s okay. We should stay here for the night… Rest so we can try and avoid them tomorrow… Unless you have a plan already.”

She rubbed her neck. “Brynn taught me to think on my feet… I don’t mean to be so bossy.” Her eyes of gold drifted from him as her cheeks flushed red.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Fri Oct 5, 2018 5:40 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Lords knew that he had been out there for a good while, and still no sign of Angela’s daughter. He couldn’t recall how long it had been and the venom from the wasp was working its magic as he felt weaker than before. With any luck, it would pass within hours and with any further luck, he’d find Cala before then. If that happened, then he could at least rest up a bit and get his strength back up. He still figured that she was alive and kicking, faring better with the bugs than he was doing. The evening blanketed the surroundings, pushing away the last glimpses of light left. It wasn’t too much longer before he heard a woman’s voice from behind and spun around to see one that shared some looks with the Goddess. Immediately he found her hand against his mouth and he understood the meaning behind it. More of the creatures were out and about, taking advantage of the night and he has led away to a tree trunk. It had just been like her mother had said- she made quick work to hid safely and now he could relax inside as well.

A deep breath slipped out of him as he sat down and was now paying attention to the wound on his back. He hadn’t realized much more pain he was in until now. “She did say that you probably masked your scent. Didn’t think that their sense of smell would be that damn annoying.” Mordecai probably should have asked to get his scent masked as well by the goddess, but there was no point in wishing for that now. His shoulders tensed up a bit when he too heard the buzzing, and that action made the pain more irritating. But he kept his tongue until the buzzing went away and was caught off guard when she pulled off his shirt. “Yea…one of them stung me”, he pointed at his shoulder blade. “The bastard will be in worse condition than me, though. I can live with that.”

“She was worried about you, Cala. Heard that the party escorting you ran into some trouble, so she sent me to come to retrieve you. Name’s Mordecai, by the way.” The healing magic felt good against him, he let out a sigh of relief. “Didn’t think they’d get the drop on me that easily. At least you are safe and sound though.”

Author: Calanthe, Posted: Fri Oct 5, 2018 4:48 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

“Both Steele and Dante are married to my nieces.”

Angela shook her head. “I felt their life forces leave a while ago. Knowing Cala she is probably using what’s been taught to her to survive. My children are fighters but not all of them in the physical sense.” Once he agreed to it she took a sigh and smiled. “Thank you very much. I owe you a great deal for taking this request.” Hopefully, he made it.

Once he took off she could only wait for his return. But deeper into the woods and through the insects was Calanthe. The trees in this part of Endapano were huge and this often led to them having hollow spaces. How to utilize them was a special skill that not everyone could do. So once Calanthe heard her name she immediately perked up. Her light skin was smeared with a mixture of leaves and berries to throw the insects off her scent.

She moved part of the tree trunk out of the way showing the opening. She proceeded to sneak up behind Mordecai. “I’m right here.” She put her hand over his mouth and took him back into her tree trunk. She put the gate back up and proceeded to slather the mixture onto him. “You need to smell more natural. Even I can smell you.” There was a stack of fruits and what looked to be a bowl of leaves fastened into a water holder. She had moved quickly to make sure she could survive just a bit longer.

“Shhh.” She put her finger to her lips as the buzzing passed by. Her eyes of gold watched for a while before she took his shirt off. “You are hurt.” she motioned for him to show her. Calanthe was a small woman certainly so much more than her mother with long red hair that was currently thrown up into a rather crude bun. She was covered from head to toe in dirt, leaves, and berry juice. Most likely to mask her scent.

“You said Mother sent you?” She began to work healing magic into his back. She didn’t sound scared but the way her fingers were shaking spoke otherwise. She was putting on a good show.

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Fri Oct 5, 2018 4:30 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

Neither of them noticed when she was able to sneak up on them, but at least Dante was getting used to it. Mordecai looked at Angela like she had lost her mind. He was aware of who she was; then again she was one of the more sought out and respected ones. Still, it was kind of out of nowhere as he found himself at her mercy. “Auntie, they are growing boys though. They have a lot to learn in this life…”, Dante spoke before that grin of his faded when Lotus was mentioned. As she weighed in how much trouble he would get into with his antics, Dante dashed away, waving farewell to them both. “Never seen him move that fast…” But at least he was gone and he was grateful for the annoyance’s exit.

“Mordecai. I’m unfortunately brothers with Dante. His ever serious look died down a little as she requested a job of him, of someone she barely met. But it didn’t seem like she had many options for whatever this task was. “The pup? Well, that’s what he does- war is his second nature.” Unlike Dante, he wasn’t too surprised to hear that Steele was around here, especially since Father likely drew him into the battle. It wouldn’t have taken much persuasion, at least as much as he could remember of the warlord. “Taking that Dante called you that, I’m guessing this Lotus is your kin?”

For the remainder of his questions, they could wait as the Goddess seemed to want this done urgently. Mordecai was a hunter, but of the demon sort. He wasn’t the bounty hunter sort through, but considering that looking for her daughter would send him into the fighting anyway, the blonde young man scratched the back of his head and closed his eyes. “She might be alive, but from your words, I doubt the mercenaries are alive. At least that’s what I’m going to assume about this situation. I’ll more than likely will have to go around the fighting and be able to go west without too much worry.” While he found the matter of her unable to leave the grounds laughable (considering she had more power in her pinky than most could ever have in their entire bodies), he saved face and started to head out. “I’ll find Cala and bring her back. Don’t fret about it”, he called back to her as he exited the gate.

He was going to bring the girl back through this hell; it was just another mission and he took them all seriously. Failure would not be accepted in the least, and he had to be careful as the daylight hours was waning. If he didn’t find her by nightfall, then the odds of her survival would drop significantly. Actually, his own would drop as well- the night would likely benefit these creatures, or at least some of them and looking for someone in the middle of the forest was bad enough. Add in the cover of the night and it only served to increase the difficulty.

The trek was getting longer the more he headed out west, trying to avoid as much fighting as possible as the sun dropped lower with each passing hour. “Cala! Cala!” His calls eventually earned him some unwanted attention in the form of wasp-like creatures that darted towards his direction. Mordecai took out his scythe and waited before swinging and slicing one of the damned things in two. The other one flew past him and he could hear the buzzing of its wings as if it was in all directions. “Shit.” He started to run forward, trying to get away. There was no time for this- the last bit of light was slowly dying and he hadn’t found her yet. “Cala!” The second wasp burst out from the left, behind him in a blind spot. It gripped at and proceeded to sting his back. He gasped in pain, dropping his weapon and frantically grasping at it to toss it off him. Damn thing got him in one of his shoulder blades but he had dealt with worse. He took his khopesh out from its sheath on his right side and stabbed the wasp. It struggled and escaped but the damage was already done- mummy rot would soon claim its body and life. The demon hunter grasped at the wound it made on him and continued his search. “Cala! Cala! Angela sent me to come find you!”

Author: Angela Rose, Posted: Fri Oct 5, 2018 3:43 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

“Dante, you must introduce me.” Angela took Mordecai’s arm lightly in her own. “I actually have a job for such a strapping young man like yourself.” The red head’s eyes moved to Dante as she tilted her head. “Your sons are peeping in on the women changing three tents down. I would suggest you go get them before they get beat or worse… Lotus finds out you let them out of your sight again.” Angela had a smile on her face. “Plus… You should know Shiroi is kicking right now. She really really active but you know how much Lotus hates when she gets kicked in the ribs. I wonder how much trouble you’ll be in…”

There was a mischievous look to the woman’s face. Once Dante was gone Angela unlatched herself from Mordecai and had a serious expression on her face. “You don’t have to accept this job from me but I think Steele left back for the battlefield. My name is Angela and I’m the Weaver of Life and Love. I was going to have Steele go out and do this job for me but I think you would work well too.”

Her hands were fidgeting. “Two hours ago I received word that my daughter was on her way here… Only I wasn’t pleased to find out that the mercenaries who were supposed to bring her decided to trek into the western side of the island to get to the camp. They would have run directly into the forces. I can feel she is alive but I don’t have anyone I can personally send. Could I trouble you to go get her? I will pay you handsomely. My children are all very precious to me. Cala is a bard there is no way she could protect herself from these insects. I’m not allowed to leave these grounds.”

Angela appeared saddened for a moment but she perked back up. "However, from what I can tell from the earth… Calanthe has stashed herself in a safe place. Most likely a cave or a high tree hole. Masking herself with the flora of the area. If that's one thing I've taught my children it's survival. Please… Please go out and save my daughter."

Author: Mordecai, Posted: Fri Oct 5, 2018 2:28 PM, Post Subject: Ties that Bind [P,R,Event]

While Mordecai didn’t really see himself getting involved with this whole crisis, especially since his accursed father was among the gods now, but this was bigger than them. Better than anything they had to deal with before and lots of innocent people were going to die unless those capable of fighting would fight. He fit that bill, though it took much for him to reluctantly comply to join in. Before he knew it, he had ended up in Endapano, surrounded by the bustle and hustle of the resistance forces, either tending to the injured, beginning or ending their shifts or anything in between.

He managed to duck and dodge those that got in his way for one reason or another, but there was one person that snuck up on him that he really didn’t want to run into.“Hey there, brother! I barely recognized you…”

“Dante.” He could recognize that annoying voice anywhere, any time. Mordecai glanced over his shoulder and saw his younger brother hugging him. “It’s been a while…think the last time was when you tried to skewer Father. How have you been?”

“Go…away…horny toad…”, he quickly replied it was clear that he didn’t get along with him. While the same could be said to all his siblings, Dante was one of the few that his father treated a bit special and therefore deserved his special ire. Not to mention his appearance was too similar to their father’s. “Now that’s just rude. I’m no toad, I’m a rabbit.” Mordecai pushed him off and continued onward, with the little weasel trailing right behind him. “Anyway, not too sure this is a good idea with you being here…perhaps you should have gone to Apoy or Mamlak. Even Itjivut sounds pretty good around this time of year…”

He’s here, isn’t he?”

“…Yup.”

“Wonderful” The demon hunter would have to avoid that man, no that thing at all cost. The last thing he wanted to do was to get distracted from the insects by him. “I’m staying and fighting. What the hell are you doing here?”

“Had to come here, for the wife and kids…”

Mordecai stopped in his tracks and Dante bumped into him. He had thought he had misheard him at first. “Wife and kids? You? That’s a hell of a joke.” Only he wasn’t laughing. “Hey, things change, brother. I found someone that could…keep up with me if you know what I’m saying.” Shaking his head, he resumed his trek; he knew what that meant and wished he hadn’t.