Out-Of-Character Forums > O.O.C. Pub > General Discussions > God App Discussion!
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
The Rev Team would like to wish all applicants and future applicants good luck! We hope to see both new and old faces as we journey into Rev's first god selections!

As someone who has been a deity for a year I would like to give some tips! I applied for 8 years to into the HC. Finally I think Daniel smelled my app coming when Earth opened up. (I swear everyone did :P) I didn't even have to say anything.

Sometimes it is better not to say you are applying but other times you just gotta go with the flow. 

Don't ever give up just because you think someone better has applied. I worried myself too death when I found out certain people were applying and it made me a nervous wreck.

Don't let someone bully you out of applying cause you know what that means? That means you have what it takes to be a god! You are a threat and probably a damn good one!

Applying and not getting it  isn't the end of the world. Actually I would be impressed if I seen people applying multiple times because I would like to think that you really care for Rev and would like to better it.

Don't let people tell you that just because you are friends with the Rev Team is the only reason you would get the spot. Look we don't choose people because they are our friends. Some of our friends would be like the worst people to work with. As my friend Johnny said to me "Never go into business with friends it gets nasty." So we like to approach things as a team before we put our friendship there and try not to let our words hurt each other. Certainly we would never give it to someone under qualified. 

Speaking of under qualified never bring yourself down! You never know your true potential until you do it!

Finally use this thread to bring everyone who is applying or thinking about applying to bring them up and give them courage. We are all one big happy family. We're all friends. 

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
When I applied for my second deity spot on my old RPing site, I almost didn't even go through with it.  I had been so disappointed that I didn't get the first spot I had applied for, and didn't want to try again.  But I pushed myself through that, and wrote out an application.  Then I almost did not submit it because of some of the other people applying. 

But I applied anyway, and just barely a year over into starting to roleplay on a forum, I found myself as the Avatar of Fire.  So don't be afraid of trying! 

Hiro Kouen

Character Info
Name: Hiro Kouen
Alignment: TG
Race: Humanoid Elemental
Class: Elemental Knight
Silver: 1067
I applied for one position every time it came up, until I actually got it on the old site.  I was Avatar of Fire before cello over here was.  And Cello is like WAAAAY better than me ;-)

Don't let the thought of failure discourage you from applying for a position, if you don't try, won't do it.  Even if you DON'T get it the first time, maybe you'll get it the next time.  Try try again.  Keep RPing, keep trying whenever it comes up.

Good luck people!

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
"Put up you dukes, let's get down to it

Hit me with your best shot
Why don't you hit me with your best shot
Hit me with your best shot
Fire away"

MOTIVATION!

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Nymeria

Character Info
Name: Nymeria
Alignment: LE
Race: Born of Flame
Class: Sorceress
Silver: 144
It's important to realise that you are often your own worst critic, and that the idea you think may not work may actually work quite well! Off the wall ideas, or twists, these are things that are often attention grabbers. So don't be afraid to put yoursel

Nymeria

Character Info
Name: Nymeria
Alignment: LE
Race: Born of Flame
Class: Sorceress
Silver: 144
out there ** Sorry, kiddo dropped the laptop :D lol

Century

Character Info
Name: Mendean
Alignment: None
Race: Divine entity
Class: Lord of Chaos!
Silver: 2061
I was an outlier. A noob. An outsider. When I joined the old site, I had never been involved in forum-based roleplaying before. I literally knew one person who had done it. When I when I applied, I was not a well-known person on the site, I had only been doing it for eight months.

And yet when I applied for a god-slot, someone in the upper ranks must have liked what I was doing enough to give me a chance. Some years later I made it to admin. I am walking talking proof that you don't have to be an oldie, you don't have to be part of the 'in-crowd' and you don't have to conform to the standard notions of what you think others expect to see in a deity character.

If you have a concept for a divine character that is out of the box, off the reservation, or downright weird, then that's great! If you stay true to that path and show us that you're prepared to put in the effort to do the work that's required, even better! If you're new to this game and feel you don't really know what you're doing, but you have a story you want to tell and by gum are going to just hammer away at it until it works, go for it!

As I've already said, if you're a newbie, if you're not one of the site's socialites, if you're not a part of any in-crowd, don't be afraid to apply. I did, and look where it got me!

God Abilities:

Can warp reality around him, so that the environment will begin to resemble his dream-like realm.

May enter and manipulate the dreams of others.

You cannot know Mendean for who or what he is unless he allows it. Even your memories will be altered to disguise his identity, unless he does not wish it. Even his aura is too widely spread for you to see.