Out-Of-Character Forums > O.O.C. Pub > General Discussions > Deity Questions and Answers
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
So with Applications coming up in September I want to take the time to answer questions people might have about being a deity. What we expect of you and how the spot works.

1. You are expected to post 10 times a month. 5 in the first half 5 in the second half. For instance tomorrow I am doing God Check In. Gods get 4 strikes before we demote them. Also you have to post with 2 different people within those 5 posts. You are allowed an Avatar character, For example: Angela has Foxglove that I can post with. You can only count 1 post from your Avatar for each section of check in.

2. You are expected to do a site wide event every year you hold your spot, no exceptions. We start planning these in advance, you go through me to get them set up. You are allowed 3 items to give away and 3 drop items to synth your items with.

3. You are a pillar of your community the moment you become a god. Your behavior is a reflection on us all. We expect you to be mature about it. I.E. no treating the other members and staff like crap. This is the biggest way to lose your spot.

4. While it's not a rule, we would like you to continue to communicate with the community. This means as soon as we get our chatbox up we would like you to join us in there and talk to everyone or be active in the ooc forums.

5. You are expected to check out items, wiki, design, and other forums once you can see them. Your opinion matters and ignoring it just because you got a spot is frowned on. This is part of the job description, bettering your community.

6. You get a temple forum but it is your responsibility to maintain it and contact me or another admin if you wish to change it around.

7. We understand you are excited about site innards but leaking event info, synth info, etc. is against our rules. While you can vent to friends we would prefer that you not leak these things. They are a secret for a reason.  

-Question- But what about Runic Manacles and Dream Blade you have listed in the icons
-Answer- If I didn't have to put them up to be redone you wouldn't know about them :) and I'm only giving out the info to those who take on the icons. They know what I'll do if they tell others. -ooo scary-

8. Know that when you sign up for being a deity that others might treat you differently. It's something all of us struggle with. Application time is one of the cruelest times to even be out in the open about what you want. It's recommended that you only tell those you are close to. The staff already gets accused of choosing our friends but know we don't. We vote according to what the site and conclave needs at the time.

-Question- This is a lot of work… you do this for free?
-Answer- We all knew what we were getting into when we signed on. We were told it was a hard job and we wouldn't make it. This is just some of the crap that people will say to you when you apply. You have to ignore them and go head strong. Anyone can make a good staff member it just takes knowing what you want. But like Randy says, we make more then he does since he pays for the server :P $0 with interest and 0 holiday pay, sounds fantastic right?!

-Question- Do you really select friends for staff?
-Answer- No, as PR of the site I'm friends with everyone, or I try to be. Therefore, you could say that about anyone on the site. For example, I wouldn't give Paige (Brandon) a staff spot just because he is my spouse. He's a staff member because he's qualified and we don't' get along when it comes to most aspects of the site. He's more the rules and I'm the creative drive, at least between us. I am also one of the least combative people on the staff, so I get along with everyone. It does create animosity in our house :P because we are both pig headed and will fight it out. (don't go to bed mad!)

-Question- When did you join the Staff?
-Answer- Wayyyy back when? Gods, I was 15 when I first wanted to apply on the other site. At the time it was for fame and glory like most people, as I grew up and I kept applying it changed over time. I took the time to become a community pillar as a member of the site. I'm a spam poster so it meant I have a lot to prove since my grammar isn't that great. I was 23 when I got my spot, so it does take time. I was offered an administration position on Revaliir and took it so I could continue to build up the community. (I'm turning 25 in a week or so)

-Question- When you applied what did you apply for?
-Answer- What time? I applied for several things, Love with Angela, Strength and War with Angela, Water with Bryony… and finally I applied for Earth with Angela. There might have been other times but my mind might be blocking it out because well I embarrassed myself quite a bit when I first started. 

-Question- Does it matter how much we post?
-Answer- Look kid, if this is about word count.. do you know who you asked? LOL! I post anywhere from 150 words to.. the other day I did a 1200 word post. It doesn't. How many posts you do might but that's because we have to know you can do quota. Again it's only 10 posts a month with 2 people.

-Question- Do we get to make requests of the Coders when we are staff members?
-Answer- Everything gets run by the administrations but technically you can already request things. I am currently bossing around the coders :P but it still needs to get approved by the head coder and lead admin. (Love you guys <3)

I know I answered a few questions but I would like to take this time to answer any concerns that others have, or just random questions.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
As a note for quota, if you have reasons to not make it, we understand!  Things like vacations, moving, weddings, family illnesses, all that we understand.  All we need is a quick post and you're good to go.

We're pretty flexible and relaxed, so don't be afraid of asking questions. 

Cello

Ramla

Character Info
Name: Sybille 'Ramla' Blaque
Alignment: TE
Race: Eldritch Prince
Class: Countess/sorceress/alien?
Silver: 378
Can there be such a thing as 'dual gods'? 

Like in some cultures there are 'twin gods' , two individuals but they kind of represent a single concept. Like two sides of a coin?
So could Ramla and Nihr represent a single 'deity spot' Lore-wise?
because for OOC obviously I would have to choose one. :P

Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
Unfortunately no, only 1 account and one character. Though you could have the other one be your champion if you really wanted it and bless them divine power when in your temple.

I know where you are going with this :P

Also what Cello said. When I do God Check in I tend to take into consideration how human we are. Vacation? No problem. If you know about it ahead of time and its towards the end of the quota I do expect it done. Let's say you have vacation 27,28,etc late. I expect that quota to be done because you knew you wouldn't be available towards the end. Now if you are gone for a whole quota (2 weeks) that is fine.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Ramla

Character Info
Name: Sybille 'Ramla' Blaque
Alignment: TE
Race: Eldritch Prince
Class: Countess/sorceress/alien?
Silver: 378
Awesome! I thought so, but one of them could definitely be a champ then. ^^

Saffron

Character Info
Name: Saffron Blackwood
Alignment: LE
Race: Vampire
Class: Childe
Silver: 109
Indeed! We encourage everyone to apply!

A wraith with an angel's body.
A demon with a smile of gold.
You soul-sucker.
OOC: Brittlez
Saffron Facts:
She stabbed her father 76 times.
She dislikes Banshees
She has a habit of telling people she doesn't want to eat them, she wants to be friends
She has a nasty temper when provoked
Most people smell good to her.