Roleplay Forums > Onnen > Fulani, Lake Country > Benin, Grand Capital of Fulani > Home for the Holidays [R/P]
Lila

Character Info
Name: Lila Beatrice Terrowin
Alignment: CN
Race: Night Phoenix
Class: Terrorist
Silver: 2491
It was the holidays and the Angelus Academy was letting people go home. It was decided by the parents and the group that Neomi and Myrri would spend a week with the Terrowins. Sapphire and Cyril also invited Janus to spend a few days with them as well. Lila could go see Xeik and Mia whenever she wanted.

The group was all packed up and they opened up a portal home. Being that the academy was in winter the twins told their partners to pack only for summer. Neomi hadn’t been honestly sure of what the island was like but eagerly had packed away a few of her summer kimonos. Lila offered some of her dresses but they didn’t fit Neomi.

They decided it was best to warp at the beginning of the wisteria tunnel. “So… This is what our mother put all of her time into when they got the island.” Lila showed it off.

“Oh… wow…” Neomi looked around. “You really do have a whole island to yourself. This is amazing.” Lila took the time to show her everything as the castle came into view. “You live in a castle?!” She looked up at Janus with huge eyes. “I mean I’m used to Gram and everyone in Sularia having a castle but you?!”

“It was Dad’s present to Mom,” Lila waved her hand. “No big deal.”

“…Wow…” Neomi stared up at Terrowin Castle and looked back at Janus. “Your dad must love your mom a lot.”

“JANJAN!” Camille threw open the second-floor window and hung out of it. “YOU’RE HOME!”

“Miss Camille!” Her name got yelled by Silva as the five-year-old got pulled back inside the window.

"My brother is a mama's boy."
Argent

Character Info
Name: Janus Argent Terrowin
Silver: 1309
Janus was content letting his sister steal the spotlight for the tour as she showed off the start of the island features. There was plenty left to show off to Neomi at a later time when they could be alone, especially on the far side of the island where the caves were. He wondered if Raile was still stashing goods there for an emergency.

Camille was, as always, happy to see him and nearly fell out of the second story window trying to get to him. Luckily Silva was there to stop her, but that didn’t mean much as moments later she burst through the main door and tackled Janus head on.

“Camille!” he said as he hugged her. “You know better than to jump out windows.”

“I would have made it,” she said confidently.

“I’m sure, but it’s still dangerous,” Janis replied. “Is it just me or are you getting taller?”

“Yeah! I grew a whole two inches!” she replied excitedly. “I’m gonna be taller than you!”

“Somehow I doubt that,” Lewis said as he walked out with Simone at his side. Janus was already taller than his siblings, and easily taller than Simone and Lewis. Something about Lewis being malnourished and stunting his growth, and Simone was just short. The details really didn’t matter to Janus, though. All he knew was that he was tall.

“Mom!” Janus said with his eyes lighting up. “And Dad,” his added, his eyes dimming a little. “Did you prepare a room for Neomi?” He was secretly hoping they had forgotten.

"I am not a mama's boy."
Lila

Character Info
“Mr. and Mrs. Terrowin!” Neomi yelled as she was excited to see them again. They hadn’t gotten to communicate much in her eyes so this was going to be a good trip for everyone involved. After all, Myrri was arriving later and he knew them since he was born. He had a head start on her!

“Please, you can call us Lewis and Simone,” Simone hugged Neomi lightly and Neomi took it upon herself to hug Lewis. Lewis was wide-eyed and was staring at Janus. Neomi was much friendlier than his son.

“Thank you for letting me come visit! Your island is so pretty. Janus told me all about it but it was much prettier than he described,” Neomi was so cheery.

“You don’t have to work so hard to win them over,” Lila spoke up as she hugged her mother and father finally.

“Oh! I wasn’t trying to,” Neomi blushed a bit and took Janus’s hand. She waited to hear about her room.

“Your father and I discussed it,” Simone crossed her arms. “You can have them stay in your rooms.”

“But there are rules,” Lewis said as he took a similar pose to Simone.

“One,” Simone spoke up.

“No funny business,” Lewis spoke after her in sync much like the twins did in their rather creepy moments.

“Two,” Simone held up two fingers.

“We’ll be watching so we’ll know,” Lewis’s deadpan answer was more pointed at his daughter.

“That doesn’t mean you won’t have privacy but we have our ways,” Simone spoke up after her husband.

“Why does this sound like you are weaponizing Uncle Xeik?” Lila seemed to pinpoint the answer to all of this.

“He was in agreement to do this,” Simone waved her hand. “So you may sleep in the same bed but…”

“No funny business,” Lewis and Simone said together.

“You can get away with it at school but we’re asking you to hold back here,” Simone nodded.

“We can do that… Seems simple enough,” Lila crossed her arms. “I’m shocked Dad isn’t going to go on one of his Furball rants.”

“Your father is a bit preoccupied with his letters… Let's just take this as a blessing,” Simone held up her hand as if blessing the ground Lewis walked on.

“…You’ve been writing an awful lot lately… It’s not like you have friends,” Lila put her hands on her hips and Neomi’s eyes got wide.

“We have plenty of friends… Just no one we would write to,” Simone corrected.

“… Are you harassing someone?” Lila pointed at Lewis. “Who’s the unfortunate soul this time?”

Argent

Character Info
“Nobody of consequence,” Lewis replied as he avoided the question. “You better be behaving yourselves at school,” he said, changing the subject immediately. “We covered for you once. We won’t do it again.” That was a warning that was specifically aimed at the twins for their ludicrous pranks.

Neomi started to ask what they were talking about, but Janus and Lila got the idea, and instead pressured everyone to go inside. Silva led them all into the dining hall, where a small platter of appetizers, tea, and coffee were set out for everyone.

“Neomi?” Janus asked as he poured himself some tea. “Would you like me to pour you some? Mom has some of the best tea ever.” He sniffed his cup, “Rose, I think. It’s great!” He was excited to be able to share the small pleasures his home held.

Lewis was already pouring himself more coffee, looking exhausted. “I really should slow down,” he muttered. “I’m already several months ahead of schedule…maybe I do deserve a break.”

"I am not a mama's boy."
Lila

Character Info
Lila was pouring herself some coffee as she settled into her seat. “Camille, what are you having?”

“Juice,” Camille was coloring at the table while they all talked. She was kicking her legs and softly humming.

Neomi nodded to Janus and gave him her cup, “A good cup of tea can warm the soul. That’s what Grandma says.”

“She’s not wrong,” Simone smiled a bit as Janus poured the cup of tea. “I have a lot of it so whenever you want some don’t be afraid to brew. I’m sure Silva wouldn’t hesitate to help you get a blend you’d like.”

“I’m always near the kitchen,” Silva spoke up as she got a snack for little Camille.

“Thanks, Silva,” Camille smiled up at Silva pat her head.

“I told you… You need to come to bed a lot sooner than you do…” Simone looked worried.

“Who do you hate so much that you’re a month ahead on letters?” Lila was a bit concerned. She could think of a few people he might do it to but no one concretely. “This is dedication.”

“You could take some time and walk in the gardens with me a few more times during the day,” Simone pointed out. “I would love to walk the peony garden with you some more.”

Neomi seemed starry-eyed at their relationship. Despite all this letter nonsense, she was really impressed with their marriage so far. “You both remind me of my parents.”

“Oh? How did they meet?”

“A random happenstance. Under a cherry blossom tree in Nisshoki. Although Uncle Belen tells it differently. He says he set them up. Father apparently pulled out all the stops and gave her a fairy tale proposal with fireworks and the whole kingdom of Sularia looking onward as he did it. Mother moved to Nisshoki with him afterward. He’s a folklorist and Mother is a scholar. My uncle Belen, my father's twin, is married to Tempest and acts as her mouthpiece. I know you know Tempest and Kite because of Lila talking about it. They both take life slowly. My grandmother is the goddess Shiloh and you already know about Grandma Ang.”

Simone was a bit surprised at the girl’s lineage, “So you are an Arriese princess?”

“Yes, it’s in my bloodline.”

Simone seemed to approve of her and nodded along. “Myrri should be here soon. He wanted to spend some time in Elysia before coming over.”

Argent

Character Info
“It sounds like your family has an exciting history,” Lewis said. “Ours isn’t anything special,” he lied. He would rather not go in depth on how his first meeting with Simone was an assassination attempt on her that, in all actuality, technically succeeded. The dream dive and resonance just complicated it all, and that wasn’t even getting into the part where he died and came back a night phoenix.

Speaking of Myrri, though…

Myrri, Xeik, and Mia stepped through the portal right outside of the castle, looking around. “See, I told you we’d be late!” Myrri said as he rushed in. “Lila, I’m here!” He said as he burst into the dining hall.

Everyone stared at him and Xeik and Mia walked past him and got themselves their refreshments.

“Oh…” he turned bright red and walked over to pour himself a cup of tea. “S-sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt.”

“I see the furball still hasn’t learned manners,” Lewis said, rolling his eyes. He glanced over in Lila’s direction. “I’m disappointed you’re letting him get away with such abysmal etiquette.” That earned an elbow jab from Simone, as he had very little room to talk.

Xeik sighed, “Myrri, it’s okay. He’s just being an asshole.”

“Better an asshole than a know it all,” Lewis jabbed back at Xeik.

“A know it all who saved your ass too many times to count,” the healer replied snarkily. “And don’t even get me started on the tab you owe me for Everett’s nose alone.”

"I am not a mama's boy."
Lila

Character Info
Simone interrupted, “They are best friends NEOMI.” Reminding Lewis that she was there and watching. “They just like to antagonize each other.”

“He can’t help it. He’s a dog,” Damond and Remy said together as they came into the room to raid the snacks Silva brought out.

“Not helping,” Simone got her kisses from them. “Are you going to introduce yourselves?”

“How good are you at memorizing?” The twins had their arms on each other’s shoulders keeping them close. They were identical in every way.

“I’m… fairly good at it,” Neomi was eyeing the twins.

“I’m Remy.”

“I’m Damond.”

“You’re Remy and you’re Damond,” Neomi flipped their names before Simone had a chance to yell at them for lying.

“How can you tell?!” They yelled together.

“…You looked at each other before giving me your names. Seemed mischievous,” Neomi gave them a smile.

“Witchcraft!” The boys yelled as they raided the juice. “Janus brought home a witch!”

“Myrri smells like dog,” The boys yelled again as they now were making their exit from the room. “And Janus is a mama’s boy! Lila is a closet pervert! Camille is a brat!” They made a face at Camille as Camille got up on her chair and slammed her hands on the table.

“I’M NOT A BRAT,” she yelled at them.

“Closet… Pervert?” Lila looked at her parents. “Where the hell is this coming from?”

Argent

Character Info
Remy grinned at the door, “OH MY SWEET MYRRI, WHEN EVER WILL YOU NOTICE MY CASUAL GLANCES!” He was yelling at the top of his lungs. From farther down the main hall, Damond’s laughter could be heard as he chimed in with his own verse from what was very likely one of Lila’s old diaries.

While Myrri started to turn beet red, Janus found himself feeling rather angry. Or, it was more accurate to say that he felt Lila getting very angry, and it was pouring over into his own emotions via the resonance. It was easy enough to sever the connection for the time being; it wouldn’t do well to have two mad Terrowins at the moment.

“So Myrri,” Janus said, clapping his roommate’s back. “I would suggest you get used to this kind of behavior. Once the terror twins bite down, they rarely ever let go.”

“I thought you two were the terror twins,” Myrri replied, trying to shake the feeling of embarrassment.

“We were, but then they got worse,” Janus replied. “We’re the artists formerly known as the terror twins.” He gave a sly smirk. “We’re unmatched when it comes to pranks.”

"I am not a mama's boy."
Lila

Character Info
“Excuse me,” Lila said as she elegantly pushed herself up from her place at the table. “It’s good that you’re finally here Myrri,” she kissed his cheek and left the room. Shortly after she left the room there were terrified screams.

“MOMMY,” Remy and Damond were both screaming at the top of their lungs. “DADDY HELP US.”

Lewis quirked an eyebrow and tilted his head to his wife dramatically, “Are they in danger?”

“Nothing that they haven’t earned,” Simone was delicately creating a salad for herself. “Want some Love?” She made a bowl for Lewis next. “Lovely weather isn’t it?” The screams continued for minutes before Lila came back in. She was dusting her hands off.

“Don’t you dare take them down," Lila said proud of herself.

“Daddy…” Remy and Damond were whimpering.

“What did you do?” Simone looked at her daughter.

“Oh, I hog-tied them and hung them from the chandelier.” Lila seemed pleased with herself. “That will teach the little brats to go through my things while I’m not at home. I hid it really well too.” Her eyes narrowed. “Actually… I hid them in Janus’s room. So they were going through your things Janus.”

Neomi had wide eyes as she looked back and forth with everyone. This was normal? This was absolute chaos.

“Just make sure to take them down before bed,” Simone said. “It’s not the worst thing in the world if they get put in time out for a while.”

“Are all siblings this way?” Neomi squeaked up. She didn’t have any siblings to even compare. She had a lot of cousins, aunts, and uncles but not siblings.

“Everett used to egg Alshaya on until she punched him in the nose,” Simone sighed. “And these two upgraded versions of the terror twins used to use each other to torment others, still do. Most of the kids are well behaved… There are twenty-seven of them so they are all varied.”

Argent

Character Info
Janus felt safe enough to re-establish the resonance, and mentally high fived his sister. The fact that the terrors were going through his room didn’t seem to bother him much, considering he barely had anything to hide. The question was less what they could have found, and more on the why. A question for later, once the prank war started…

Oh, and there would be a prank war. He knew for a fact that the terrors were planning it the moment summer break started, but Janus and Lila were prepared. They had a few secret projects int he works back at the finishing school, well and far away from where the twins could snoop. They would learn what it truly meant to be a master prankster.

But, until then…

Janus took Neomi’s hand. “Here. I’ll show you my room. It’s pretty basic, but since you’ll be staying-”

Myrri turned red. “W-what? Neomi is going to be in your room!?”

“Duh,” Janus replied. “You’re staying in Lila’s room…” He turned his attention back to Neomi. “And then we can walk the gardens. Mom has the best gardens. No one can compare.” He was gushing about Simone again, but he seemed better at keeping it toned down. “Oh, and Dad’s vineyard too!”

“Just don’t destroy anything,” Lewis called out. “Have fun. And don’t forget…”

“We’ll know,” Xeik replied with a dark look.

“You’d think Dad and Uncle Xeik had a resonance…” Janus replied with an eyeroll.

"I am not a mama's boy."