Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Duchy of Egjora > Egjora City > A Fiery Preformace! (O,R)
Aries

Character Info
Name: Aries (Anna) Ogato
Alignment: LE
Race: Human
Class: Ex-Major
Silver: 0
Egjora, the living hell. I wonder when someone is going to set it on fire. The fiery haired girl in a white rabbit mask rolled her eyes and continued walking through the streets, ignoring the eyes of the guards, who watched her closely. I can't get away with anything if those idiots keep watching me. I have to find a better option. She stopped at a vendor for children's toys. I don't have any silver, but I can at least pretend I'm shopping. She thought, and looked up at the merchant. Just have to keep it cool until the guards either ignore me, or walk away. She took in a deep breath, and spoke at last. "How much is the… bear? The white one." She asked, picking up a small white bear that had one eye missing. "Oh, that one? Its broken, so I'd say 10 silver. Why, you buying it for someone? I'll make it 5." The woman said, looking the red-head up and down. Mm… no. Just… looking. She said, and set the bear down, waving to the woman before walking off. By this time, the guards had paid more attention to a merchant who was yelling at his customers, and had walked off in the opposite direction. Serves them right. If they hadn't been so busy eyeing me then maybe that elf's ear would still be on his head. She began walking deeper into the crowd, trying to put as much distance as possible between other guards and herself, when she came upon a small music group. "Well howdy everyone! I see lots of fine people this morning!" A yellow-haired orc called into the crowd, and a group of people gave some cheers. "My name is Kavana, and before we start today's performance, we need a kind-hearted soul who knows how to play a lute! Does anyone here know how to play such a fine instrument?" Kavana called again, scanning the crowd. Nope. The masked teen thought to herself, and pushed through the crowd, trying to hide the lute on her back. "Well, I don't believe my eyes! The young lady with the red hair and rabbit mask! Please step forward!" Kavana cried, and offered her hand out over the crowd directly at the girl. "Um… Actually.. I think I'm good." She mumbled, before trying to squirm out of the group of people that boxed her in. "Well don't be such a downer and come on up!" The orc yelled, probably louder than an Air Ship engine, and loud enough so that the guards on the other side of the market heard loud and clear.

The girl slowly moved up to the stage, grabbed the orcs giant hand, and was hauled almost off her feet onto the stage, as a medium-sized crowd, about 20 or 30 people, erupted in cheers. "Well! Whats your name, little one?" The orc yelled. They can't know my name is Aries. I'm wanted the the authorities here. She fumbled nervously. I just have to make up a name. Hopefully a believable one. She opened her mouth, and managed to choke out. My name is Alice. The orc beamed, and hit "Alice" on the back hard. "Well, show us what you can do Alice!" She yelled. "Alice" looked out into the crowd, and her stomach lurched. The guards were back. "Um.. well I'm late for… work.." She mumbled. "Ah, work can wait! Just play a few songs and we'll let you go!" The orc screeched, and smiled widely. "Alice" pulled the lute off her back, and began tuning it. She felt something tug at her skirt, and she turned around. A small fairy, with pink hair and a brown common dress, who held a small horn was behind her. "Hey, if you know the song the Soldier, Poet, and King, play that one! She smiled, and went back to her spot between the human with the drums, and the cat-like creature with the flute. "Well! We're waiting!" The orc called again. "Alice" took a deep breath, and began playing the strings of the lute, and the fairy cried out in joy. Soon, a flute began playing softly, and the beating of the drums could be heard soon after. The orc smiled, and cast a spell to project her voice, as she began singing.

There will come a soldier,
Who carries a mighty sword!
He will tear your city down, o lei, o lai, o lord!

As she kept playing the lute, she heard the a chorus join into the song.

O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord!
He will tear your city down, o lei o lai o lord

She changed tunes, as a male orc with dusty brown hair and bright red eyes stepped up to the Voice Projection spell, and hummed softly, than began singing in a booming voice, as loud as thunder, and as deep as the ocean.

There will come a poet,
Whose weapon is his word!
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord!

"Alice" began to play a bit louder rising over the horn and the flute, as the chorus sang again.

O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord
He will slay you with his tongue, o lei o lai o lord!

"Alice" began smiling, as the fairy and the flute player stood next to her, as well as the chorus of actual song birds, who flew over them and perched on the buildings. Then the male orc picked up a lute, and began playing, as the Voice Spell floated up to "Alice". She backed up slightly, but the spell followed her. "Sing, Alice!" The fairy whispered, and went back to playing. "Alice took a deep breath, and let the words flow from her mouth.

There will come a ruler
Whose brow is laid in thorn
Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord.

She smiled warmly, as the chorus sang the final line of the main chorus.

O lei, o lai, o lei, o lord!
Smeared with oil like David's boy, o lei o lai o lord!

She smiled, and kept playing, as the chorus of song birds sang happily and warmly, as the cheering crowd began to join in. As the song came to an end, the crowd, who had now grown to around 50 or 60 people, burst out in cheers. "Alice" and her newfound friends took a bow. As the crowds began to disperse, Kavana walked up to "Alice". "Hey, we really do need another Lute player, and were a music caravan. So… are you interested in joining the band?" The orc smiled, and giggled. "Um.. well I actually have a brother who doesn't let me go anywhere… so I don't think so. But I really enjoyed playing with you!" "Alice" smiled, and bowed respectfully, as Kavana bowed back. "Well, well be in Sularia next, so be sure to catch us there if ya can!" Kavana smiled, and walked away with the rest of the group. She walked a few paces, before intentionally knocking over a lantern onto the wooden stage, setting in ablaze. She smiled to herself. "My name is Aries, and always will be Aires. And I will always leave a fire everywhere I go." She smiled to herself. Tiny fires everywhere. She giggled, and began walking away, past the large crowd who were running towards the fire to try to put it out.

Tiny Fires Every Where~