Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Duchy of Egjora > Egjora City > Huntress finding a Hunt (open.R)
Chel

Character Info
Name: Chel
Alignment: CG
Race: Human - Gryphon Infused
Class: Demon Hunter in Jiyu Clan
Silver: 444
The husbands were not going to be pleased with her. She could hear their lecturing in the back of her mind the entire time she had traveled to Egjora from their village. Lately it had gotten quite out of hand in Faradrim Village as the Matriarch attempted to integrate their secluded world with the rest. She maintained the seclusion, but the name was beginning to spread on the lips of the citizens of Revaliir. More missions were being set out for the hunters among the masses than ever before. This brought in a heavier profit, but also spread the hunters a little more thin than ever before. Knowing this, it meant that there were fewer group missions that could be put together.

Chel rubbed her arm as if she were chilled even though she wasn’t. It felt odd not being flanked by her twin humorous husbands. She felt naked without them beside her to keep her spirits up. Since the day that they came into her life, she had been able to not feel alone in the world. Chel took in a steadying breath while looking around the city. It was a well-established harbor that was bustling with business. Scratching the side of her close cut shaved head. The hair was long down the center of her head which was balled into a messy bun at the back of her cranium. Dark golden skin was bulging with muscles all across her body that shifted as moved towards one of the largest docks. There Chel would find one of the dock masters that had hired her.

Bo staff was strapped to her back as she stood in the doorway with arms crossed over her chest. There was quite the bustle in the building as the merchants went about their business. A tall lean man finally caught sight of Chel and his face broke into a smile. Her blue eyes gleamed in return as the man moved through the crowd to grasp hands with her in a firm shake. ”Bartleby, I see that you are busy as ever,” she commented with a small smirk. The man laughed heartily while ushering her towards one of the back offices. He knew better than to offer her a seat, so he took up one behind the large desk.

”We are, but most of it has turned into crowd control for the panicked. A few of our ships have been attacked while out at sea, and I need this addressed now. I’m surprised that you are alone, but I know you can handle the situation. I cannot lose another ships’ stock to whatever is hitting us. I have lost good men to whatever is doing this; not to mention the ships. Some come back, but most are at the bottom of the ocean.” Chel clenched her teeth as she watched the dock master and friend sat their beyond frustrated. Finally, the woman clicked her tongue while posturing her hands on her hips. ”Why didn’t you contact me sooner? You could have contacted me directly instead of through the Matriarch’s office.” The huntress let out an exhausted sigh before resting a hand on the desk. ”Get me on your next shipment that is heading out and I will see what is going on. I can’t make promises that it will yield immediate results, but it will give me some data collection since none of your sailors can remember anything.”

The huntress smiled across at him while standing back up. ”I will head over to the docks.” Bartleby slid a piece of paper across the desk to her with the ships name along with a grateful tired smile. ’Don’t worry, Bart. Things will be just fine. I got ya covered, my dear. Chin up, and get back to work.” She winked at him while stuffing the paper into her waist belt. Turning, she left the room and shifted through the crowd to get to her new focus. It was called the Maiden. A decent sized vessel for a trading ship, but this company was rather successful. Chel knew that could all change quickly if the anonymous attacks did not stop soon.

Her steps were swift as she went up the plank way to board her new assignment. Showing the slip to the first mate, Chel took up a seat on a barrel off to the side to watch the men and women finishing their last minute preparations before they were to take off.

coloneldegrant

Character Info
Name: Garator
Alignment: TE
Race: Demonic Human?
Class: Barbaric Warrior of Chaos
Silver: 0
Among the sailors going about their business, carrying crates filled with goods, tightening ties on ropes for the journey ahead, one quite literally stood out, a massive "suit" of armor that moved on it's own. It was very tall, measuring approximately 3 meters in height. It had very broad shoulders and would put some professional body builders to shame, while also it's arms and legs being like trunks of an tree. It's head was an closed helemet adorned at the top with an metal crest that was reminiscent of those made out of horse hair that oft apeared on helmets of Adelunan officers, said crest also providing a little bit more height to an already big entity. In place on the thing's helmet head, where face normally would be visible, there appear to be nothing except two bright green lights, although if one were to inspect it closer, he or she would find that there is something in there, some kind of an polished black crystal. To add to the already very martial appearence of this being, are the weapons he wields from mace at it's hip, gigantic tower shield made from only metal that would be too big for any normal person to carry let alone wield it to heavy crossbow and great battle axe hanging from it's back.

The being walked around the ship in a pattern, seemingly patroling it and looking out for trouble all the while. Although with every step it took, one could hear audible creaks and groans of planks underneath it. At first it seemed to not notice Chell but after a short momment it turned it's head directly at her and as it did so it's eyes turned from bright green to bright yellow. After this, the thing stoped it's patrol routine and went straight to Chel, wooden planks straining underneath it's weight as it got ever closer.

When it was close enough by it's own estimations it begun to "speak"
- Order - It begun, in a deep and loud voice which seemed to echo slightly - Citizen, please identify yourself, state the reason for your presence on board this vessel and provide tangible proof for your legal presence here. If any of those conditions are not met, please vacat the premises of this vessel. Failure to comply with that request shall be met with forceful removal by this Unit. - It finished speaking and and then begun to stare at Chel with it's glowing yellow eyes that displayed no emotion.
Chel

Character Info
The anticipation was building up in Chel’s gut for the hunt to begin. She wanted to get the assignment over with as quickly as possible to receive payment, then head home. Brilliant blue eyes closed for a moment as she took a steadying breath in an effort to calm the nerves. It was not often that she got assignments to go on her own, and even fewer that it was for an old friend. The last thing she wanted to do was not bring an answer back to Bart. She knew that his entire armada under his prevue was riding on the fact that this be solved quickly. Chel tucked her right leg up against her chest. Leaning back against the railing of the ship, she looked over at the rather large suit of armor.

First mate walked by Chel while tossing an apple at her. The huntress chuckled at the same time as bowing her head in gratitude. Taking a large bite from the juicy apple, Chel kept an eye on that large mobile armor. What would her people classify it as? As her training trailed through her head the huntress watched closely as the creature stomped its way over towards her. Instinctually, the huntress sat up straighter even while continuing to eat her apple.

The speech was regimented, which left Chel quite intrigued. Using the back of her wrist guards she wiped away some of the juice that had dripped down her chin. Brow lifted along with her head tilting up at the threatening armor. As she studied the being it was becoming clearer that he was threatening her presence on the ship. Chel shook her head before hopping down from her perch to stare up into the yellow beacons that served for the eyes. ”If you could back up for a couple of seconds than we could have a conversation. I don’t take well to newbies on my friend’s ship attempting to give me orders.”

Chel kept her temper in check. Even if the golem was pressing its luck with the huntress. ”Try using some manners, and I could possibly consider telling you that I was hired to be here. The question is, who the hell are you? Bart didn’t tell me about a golem being on board. So, how about we do this? You give tangible proof for your legal presence here. If you don’t, then I will make you vacate the premises of this vessel.” Muscled arms crossed over her chest while glaring up at the creature. The last thing she wanted to do was have a fight before going into a hunt. If she had to, then Chel would.

coloneldegrant

Character Info
The Golem stared at Chel for a rather……akwardly silent moment before even showing any signs that it was registering anything that Demon Huntress spoke by "relaxing" it's posture a bit, after which it spoke yet again.
- Statement - it begun in it's usual manner - While the aggressivness towards and Enforcer of the Law is uncalled for an Citizen, the request you make is within the reasonable perimeter of rights of an Citizen and for this Unit to fulfill. Please stand by as this Unit will now retrive the appropriate documents pertaining to it's ability to legally stay on board this vessel as an part of the security detail. - It finished in it's deep emotionless voice and as it did so it reached towards a pouch hanging of the belt 'round it's hips. From said pouch it quickly produced a rolled up piece of paper that, while normal in size in hands of any other being, was rather small in hands od the golem.

Then, without any second thoughts if any at all, the golem rolled down the paper and showed it off to Chel. The paper was an hand written note, author of which was Bartleby, this was evident from the style of handwriting and the way he signed at the end, both of which were unmistakenly his. Note gave the Golem a permission to stay on board the vessel during the duration of it's journey (and back if it wished it so) and it ushered it in as an "Last minute addition to the security detail done upon the urgent insistance of said addition". The rest of the note appeared to look like an contract of sorts with numerous do's and don'ts of an security detail membr, such as: Protecting the crew, the ship, the cargo, checking papers, looking out for stowaways, consider the Captain as their Commanding Officer during the journey……..all of the typical stuff you could see on such paper, with one major exception however, namely there was no reward or wage stated, meaning that this Golem was doing all of this for free. Besides that everything was in order and the paper finished off with Bartleby's signature and an X sign underneath it.

After presenting the paper and letting Chel look at it for a good chunk of time, Golem then rolled it up and placed it within pouch from where it was taken from originally. Thin then proceeded to tense up and stare at demon huntress even harder than before…..while still maintaining the complete lack of emotions within two yellow dots serving as it's eyes.
-
Statement, This Units hopes that Citizen found the proof of this Units legal stay on board this vessel as an member of the security detail, to Citizen's satisfaction. - It said metioning to it's pouch with the document - Request/Question, may this unit now see Citizen's proof for Citizne's legal stay on board this vessel.
Chel

Character Info
Members of the crew were starting to move about their business with the heavy weight of the awkward silence between golem and huntress. A few stopped to whisper to each other before moving on with their business. None of them wanted to get in between the interaction just in case it became more heated than they wanted to deal with. Chel remained just as quiet as the golem as she waited for a response from him. There was no ability to read body language from the creature since it was a golem. She hated dealing with their kind since it put her at a disadvantage each and every time. This particular one would have annoyed the daylights out of her husbands, to say the least. The thought of them and their wit against the golem made her amused inwardly. Gods did she miss them.

Arms were still crossed over her chest as a brow was raised and head tilted to the side as an obvious sense of sarcasm. Still, Chel said nothing as the ‘enforcer of the law’ spoke his piece. When the paper was offered to look over as proof, she did not hesitate to look it over quickly. It was presented long enough for her to see there was her friend’s signature. Other stipulations were outlined as well. A small curse escaped her lips towards the dock master. He had hired an additional person to deal with the situation. That could only mean that he was truly scared. Chel let out an annoyed sigh while grabbing the order slip from Bart to show him in return.

”You are going to be a joy to have on board. Request/Question: do you have any jokes. I’m sure they are riveting with your speech pattern.” Chel took in a deep breath, then released it heavily. She was annoyed and they hadn’t even gotten under way yet. When he seemed satisfied with her paperwork, Chel moved away from the golem. She took the stairs up to the top part of the deck at the front of the ship. The huntress wasn’t overly fond of taking an assignment on a ship since she was not bonded to a water demon. Wind and the sky were her affinities, but at the moment the clan was stretched thin. Assignments were needed to be covered.

The huntress leaned against the railing to look out towards the mouth of the harbor. Her heightened eyesight saw out into the distance. Everything looked to be calm, but she knew that there was something lurking beneath the water. Each attack happened not too far out of sight of the harbor. Finger lightly tapped the worn wooden railing as her thoughts began to piece together a plan. She didn’t want to take long on this mission. She wanted to be home.

coloneldegrant

Character Info
Golem quickly looked over the slip, reading it in it's entirety, after which it just looked over Chel and said
- Statment, This unit finds your proof Citizen to be in proper order, you are now cleared of any suspicion Citizen - It said in it's typical deep monotone, it seemed to begin it's patrol routine, that was untill Chel made her snide remark about it's ability to joke, it decided that an answer would be appropriate before this Citizen left for her own Duties.
-
Answer/Clarification. This Unit is not capable of telling jokes as it lacks two critical commponents required in order to do this. This unit lacks proper "Joke" Generating Enchantment and humour. This Unit lacks Humour as it is a Unit, Units do not have Humour, Humour is exclusivly resserved for Citizen, Soldiers, Officers and Commander. Unit is not a Citizen. Unit is not a Soldier. Unit is not a Officer. Unit is not a Commander. Unit is an Unit and Units do not have Humour. - It boomed out and then proceeded to go on it's way.

When it did so it begun by resuming it's patrol, going around the main deck in an clockwise pattern, it's heavy steps straining wood underneath it but holding fast on all occasions. Crew would just move out of it's way as to not provoke it in any way, although in few cases when they didn't the golem just stood there untill they moved. It also looked around, scrutinisng every single little detail of it's surroundings as it went. Ever vigilant ever cautious, no hesitation at all, only an unthinking determination and zeal of an Golem Automaton doing what it was enchanted to do.

Chel could noticed a few things about it's movements, they were rigid, rythmical. Like a soldier marching to a beat of an Drum. One arm was always near the mace, ready to equip it in an instant it needs to while the other hand always keeps it's massive shield in front of it as if only waiting for an opportunity to create a shieldwall or hide behind in order to weather and terrible attack. It was constantly combat ready.