Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Duchy of Egjora > Egjora City > The Best Medicine[O,R.L:2,W250]
Xyaban

Character Info
Name: Xyaban
Alignment: CE
Race: Venom Dragon
Class: Insanity
Silver: 0
The tavern was full tonight, good business for the keep and his barmaids who were all busy getting drinks out to the crowded tavern, only a few seats were left. The keep kept a smile up behind the bar, he looked very happy to be this bust tonight, though for such an occasion that was expected. For he was going to be unveiling a new brew he had created a little later on, once some of his current brew was sold and he felt the time was right he would give everyone in the tavern at that time one free round. That way they could all get a taste of his new brew and spread the word on his amazing it would be!

The keep was familiar to the crowd as he was the guy that was always behind the counter at this time of night, the night keep for the day time owner. A tall man with black hair and a burly build, but an excellent keep all the same, though tonight he seemed just a little slower than normal getting the drink ready for the maids. ”Feelin' okay, boss?” One of the young ladies asked.

The keep smiled. ”Just a little nervous for later for the reveal I guess, didn't sleep well last night because of it. Once we get settled in and the rush stops I'll be fine.” He replied with a grin as he handed her the mugs of ale that she had wanted for her clients while the other maid came over and gave him her order while she got other things ready for the table.

The whole time he worked the keep had a grin on his face, showing his excitement for this night. He just hoped that everyone, once they tasted his new brew, would get some enjoyment from it.

[OOC: If you wanna join, please do, I'll start the fun soon, don't worry ;) ]
Bone

Character Info
Name: Bone
Alignment: LG
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Silver: 549
Bone drug himself through the mostly silent streets. GS had promised he was hidden for now from the local bounty hunters. It was never a sure thing but in this case none of the "big guns" were around and so his giant swords inherent magic was enough to keep them safe, for the night at least. From a good distance he heard the sounds of the tavern and he smiled in spite of all that was going on around him. After all, these days it seemed as if SOMEONE was always on the lookout for him. If not for the reward of finding him alive then for the promise of wealth for his head in a bag. He and his only friend the sword on his back had come through before but frankly he was beginning to wonder if it was even worth it. Was a life on the run any way to live? He'd taken a few lovers on his travels and twice thought maybe, MAYBE he could settle down. Forget his past but his past always found him. The last time they'd used the woman he was falling in love with, "drop the sword." They'd said, "Drop it and she lives." She'd died of course. They'd all died for he wasn't stupid enough to believe they'd let either of them live. No. She and he would've both been dead and the sword on it's way back to his insane father. With it he would've… "Bone shuddered at the thought."
Still… Bone was weary. Never a good nights sleep as every creak of the floor-boards could be another coming for him and the blade. Every neutral face in the crowd, even every babes cry could be a distraction. Finally Bone found the raucous tavern. The sounds of song and joyous laughter drew him in, though he knew he shouldn't. The sword behind him chirped a quiet warning but when he swore back at it, it actually acquiesced. Even it knew the slight, young man had to have some relief from the constant fear and conflict.

Bone, surprised as he was, entered the tavern, feeling over-dressed in his leather and steel ringed armor. A lovely young woman whose only care seemed to be that he have a good time, danced up to him and skipped and tugged him to the bar before disappearing into the crowd once more. For a moment he was uncomfortable, but only a moment. Finally he roared to the bartender over the noise, "A whiskey my good man." Then as the sounds of joy overtook him he grinned, pitched a gold on the table and said, "Drinks for all!"

The notice of his purchase spread through the crowd who roared it's approval and surrounded him with glad hands and a few kisses. Little did he know that that gesture was one of the safest he could've made this night. None who were looking for him were looking for people drawing attention to themselves and even if they were it would be no easy task to break through his cadre of new found friends.
Xyaban

Character Info
The barkeep was busy as the new man took a seat at the bar and soon called for a whisky, which he got ready and set before the man taking the gold for payment as he did. But then the newcomer called out drinks for everyone and the barkeep smiled, that was good for business! He started to get drinks ready to go at a fast pace, getting into the groove of things while the barmaids passed the drinks around to everyone and took other orders as well.

Once that round was out on the young man the keep smiled to the buyer. ”Good on ya, lad. Good timing to, I have something special for tonight. We're packed in here tonight cause I have a new brew I have been working on for months now and tonight is the night I showcase it to everyone!” With that the barkeep whistled loudly a few times to catch everyone's attention. ”Right, ladies and gentlemen, some of you are aware that tonight I unveil a new brew.” A cheer went up from those that knew and some that had just found out. ”Now that this fine young man has got a round to everyone, I'm going to start getting mugs of my new special ready to go. Once the ladies bring it to you, please hold off on trying it, I wanna do a toast first and we can all take a drink at once. Sound good?” Cheers went up and he laughed.

Perfect.

He went into the back of the tavern and started to pour mugs of ale out from large casks that were back there. A barmaid poked her head in to see if he needed help, he shooed her away and smiled, he was fine, keep the customers busy he'd call them when he was ready.

About ten minutes later he was done, he had more than enough mugs out for the customers and extras for any that may come in after. Smiling to his work he went further into the back and opened a pantry door and went inside. The keep smiled as he reached down and picked up a bundle from the ground and held it close. ”Mommy is still here, Kirin.” The keep smiled and kissed the baby boy's cloth forehead before setting him down again in the make shift cradle that had been made out of a corpse's arms and legs tied together.

Heading back into the tavern again with a tray of mugs the keep started to hand them out while the maids went back to get the rest and hand them around the place. People didn't take a drink right away as asked and it only took a couple minutes for everyone to get a drink, including the barmaids and the keep himself of course. ”I would like to thank everyone who came out tonight for supporting my tavern, this round is on the house. If you enjoy it, please, do spread the word afterwards for me! Cheers!” With that he took a gulp as did everyone else as well some of them polishing off the brew in a few gulps.

The keep smiled and set his mug down and leaned forward on the bar with a smile as he watched for their reactions.
Bone

Character Info
Name: Bone
Alignment: LG
Race: Human
Class: Mage
Silver: 549
Bone grinned. It had been a very long time since he'd felt so comfortable, so at ease after he took his first sip off the proffered drink. Delicious. He figured he'd buy a room in the old tavern for the night… hell. Maybe for a week. Looking at all the happy people around him he sighed; first sadly, as it'd been so long since he'd felt this comfortable amongst so many. Then, even though he'd drank just a small amount, he grinned happily. Finally! A place where he could be happy. Care-free!
For so very many years the young man had been alone save for the sword on his back. How many assassins had they killed over the years? How many others whose only crime had been knowing him for a short time had been… *he shuddered at the thought* But not tonight! Tonight he'd laugh and sing and, who knows? Maybe love. It was then he finally heard the sword singing to him. Warning. Something… wasn't right.

Psssh!" Bone answered it's warning tune. "Methinks you worry o'er much my friend!" *He grinned as he grabbed up the mug and began gulping the contents. Still something niggled at the back of his mind. This much happiness so quickly… But still he drank until the sword sang irritably and his mug broke, spilling it's contents down his face and chest. At first he spat curses angrily at the sword at his back but finally, slowly he realized something wasn't right. Bone could practically drink his weight in ale or whiskey, yet already he felt as though he'd soon pass out. He turned to leave but his strength was quickly fading and he hit the floor. While he still could he reached back and flipped the hood covering the jewel at the hilt of his sword.

Normally it was quiet. It's bird-song only loud enough for Bone to hear and for only him to understand. But not tonight. Tonight instead of it's usual white and blue, the sword growled. It's color between red and black. It sang of it's love. And then growled the song of it's anger. The GS in it's name stood for God Slayer and though that was a misnomer… still…
Xyaban

Character Info
The keep watched and waited for what was done to become apparent. The newest customer had a sword that was making a sound, and it was rather irritating at that to the keep, but for now he kept a smile on his face. It was a slow affect as people started to laugh and laugh and continue to laugh, to the point some were coughing for air while laughing. The keep smiled, it was working!

A few of patrons caught on that something wasn't right and worried looks came across their faces as the looked to the others all laughing. That worry slowly crept into panic as the laughing continued even though they were no longer finding anything funny. The keep giggled, in a very feminine fashion, and one of the customers closest to him glanced and he smiled with a wink, the smile was wicked.

One of the maids came over and tried to speak through perpetual laughter and halted breath. ”B, boss, what, what happened? What, what's going on?” She asked through the laughter and panic filled eyes and voice.

The keep smiled as he slipped up and sat on top of the bar, he wasn't acting like the normal keep now as he eyed the patrons. ”Whatever could you mean? Isn't everyone laughing at a joke?” He asked with a smile.

For the keep wasn't the keep, in fact it was the insane dragoness Xyaban. She had used a powerful potion she had been hording for ages finally, to take the place of the keep. She had discovered she could create a venom within herself that could make its victims laugh uncontrollably, and with a high enough dose, they could laugh themselves to death. Xyaban had tested it on a couple of unfortunate souls, and found that if one had a strong enough constitution and will they could possibly break the affects of the venom. But that was why she had picked a tavern to do a large test, apart from the fun she would have of course. Most of the patrons would be already drunk from booze before she had given them the spike ale. It was just a matter of pure coincidence and luck that she found a keep who was unavailing a new ale around this time, so she had jumped at the chance, what better way?

The potions affects were strong though, and everything down to Xyaban's scent were masked by it, and she had been in this form now for only about half of the day, so she had almost another twelves hours before it wore off. She could break it early if needed of course, but she'd make her escape first before doing so.

As the laughter continued she saw someone heading to the door and sighed and waved her hand, and a demon like hound appeared in front of the door and snarled. ”No no, no one gets to leave here tonight, not until I'm done.” She spoke using the keep's voice, he was the corpse in the back of the tavern where her baby was hiding. ”Try to leave and my nasty tempered friend there will tear you apart.” She smiled her familiar was a very handy thing to have since she had got him.

Before she could say anything more a man started to cough violently as his eyes widened and he struggled for breath. A few moments later to dropped to the ground a huge grin on his mouth while his eyes showed the finale moments of terror before he died. Xyaban wrinkled her nose to, hm, seemed a few people had lost control of their bladders and bowels, she had forgot that might happened. Oh well!

”Some of you may live, and if you do, good for you, you get to move on with your life. Others will die, like him, laughing themselves to death. I'm not going to do anything more, just sit here and watch for a while before I take my leave.” She explained with a smile, one that did not fit the male body was disguised as at the moment, the evil in his keep's eyes didn't match them at all.