Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Yovaesh Port > Ties of Blood (P,R)
Vincent Gloreaver

Character Info
Name: Vincent Gloreaver
Alignment: CG
Race: Human...
Class: Pirate Captain
Silver: 1879
This was supposed to be a quick in and out trip for the crew of the Kingfisher- there was some cargo that needed to get picked up and sent back to base. Easy enough job, or at least it seemed that way to Vincent before they landed and had to deal with some incidents, mainly some miscommunication between them and the orcish traders that nearly blew up into a fight. Fortunately, he was able to calm down his side and talk reason with the other- he didn’t want his crew coming back with bruises and hurt pride. It would also save him some headaches.

Once that was out of the way and the transference of stock onto their ship began, Vincent was in the middle of counting the stock when one of his men came over to him. “Cap’t, someone wanted to meet with ya. Said that it was important and that he was a family member. He’s over by the tavern. Kinda looks like you a bit.” The captain rose a brow at him; who the hell was all the way out here that he knew? Most of his family lived in Southern Canelux, and they certainly would be anywhere near Yovaesh. “Alright, keep the count going. I won’t take too long.” Shaking his head, Vincent made his way over to the nearest tavern. Once inside, he took a peek around to see if he could find this mystery blood of his. So far all he saw was a few orcs and some humans, likely traders themselves or tourists. As he passed by the tables, one struck him as odd as he spotted someone whose likeness was…familiar. He glanced at the man hard while the other sipped on his mug. “Hello, nephew. It’s been a long while. Think I was still able to put you on my knee the last time I saw you.”

“There’s no way…” Vincent wasn’t believing the man to be his uncle. If that was the case, then he hadn’t really aged for decades from the looks of it. But how? The captain was confused as he was offered a seat at the table, which he reluctantly took. “What sort of trick is this? There’s no way you are my uncle… “

Kyrel

Character Info
Name: Kyrel Gloreaver
Alignment: LN
Race: Human (Shadow Dragon Blooded)
Class: Diplomat
Silver: 436
Kyrel wasn’t surprised when Vincent didn’t believe him; that reaction of his was to be expected, especially since they hadn’t seen one another since he was a child. He probably looked pretty much the same to the youngster. He took another swig of his drink, trying to keep the laughter that wanted to come out from happening. He shouldn’t be making light of this situation after all, especially when he put in so much work into finding him. “Yes, it’s me. Have to say that with your new…profession, it makes it hard to track you down. Good thing I have friends that can do a better job of that than me.” He reclined a bit into his chair as he was joined by his nephew. He certainly changed from that young boy that ran around, playing knight to save princesses from dragons and wizards. A smile couldn’t help from forming as the possibility came across his nephew’s face. The fact that he sat down alone spoke that he believed him to a point at least.

“No tricks, no lies. I’m your uncle in the flesh, Vincent. Your parents told me what happened after you left the Academy. I expected to be looking for a graduate, not a ruffian. Vincent frowned but Kyrel waved it off. “At least you have my brother’s sense of humor too.” There certainly were plenty of questions that must have ran through the poor lad’s mind, but he suppose that his answers were kept from him by his folks. “Didn’t think it would have to come from me, but there’s a reason why I look the way I do. If I was merely human, then I would be an old man in comparison to my little brother. But it’s in our blood that keeps me from aging as quick. Same with your father as with you.” By now he could read the confusion growing on Vincent and he groaned a bit.

“Okay, let’s put it this way. You aren’t just human, my boy. You are something a bit greater. You ever heard of those that were born with the blood of dragons?”

“Okay now. Even if you are my uncle, I think you might have drank just a bit too much”, he replied, readying to leave now. “Your grandfather was a dragon…ever stop and think why no one in your family mentioned him? He wasn’t any sort of dragon; he was a black dragon that lusted for your grandmother when she was a young woman. He visited her twice- the first one led to me and the second was your father.” He carried a straight face with each word that he spoke. “Because of that, you have some of the dragon’s blood in you as well. Though not as much as we do, but it's enough. I’m guessing that because it hadn’t really activated yet that your parents refrained from telling you this.”

He signaled for the barmaid to come over. “A shot of brandy for my nephew here, think he needs it.”

Vincent Gloreaver

Character Info
Name: Vincent Gloreaver
Alignment: CG
Race: Human...
Class: Pirate Captain
Silver: 1879
Was he really who he said he was?

Vincent still couldn’t believe completely that this man was his Uncle Kyrel. Sure, he resembled him greatly from his memory, but who was to say that this wasn’t some sort of doppelganger. Still, when he spoke more of their family ties, as well as bringing up the Academy, it couldn’t be helped that he had to believe him, right up until the dragon blood bit. His blue eyes grew wide; even if he was telling the truth, how much had his Uncle been drinking to sprout a story like that? “You got to be kidding me…I have dragon blood inside me…” He had every intention of leaving him there, at least until morning where he would sober up and tell him why he was looking for his nephew. But he stopped in mid-step and turned to him as more family secrets came out.

“Nana…”

She had told him at an early age that his grandfather had passed into the next world, but this tale of him being a dragon and seeing her only a few times struck a nerve in him. Begrudgingly, Vincent sat back down at the table and brought up his hands to his chin. This was simply insane to believe but then why did a part of him believe this? “You said that this…my blood haven’t activated yet after all these years?” Wasn’t it a good thing that it hadn’t? Then again, his uncle had brought up the issue with the slow aging process and his thoughts shifted to Fortuna. “Thinking of that girl now, are you?”, Kyrel spoke as the brandy came and Vincent took the shot straight before glaring at him. “Dunno what you mean…

“Fortuna, was it not? I merely know because I know one of her aunts”, he replied, “Anyway, as for your blood, not too sure why it hasn’t. Should have started when you were in your teens, but apparently, you are a late bloomer or something. But once it does, you won’t have to worry too much about it. As insane as it sounds, you are a part dragon in some sense. I have no reason to lie to you about that, nephew.”