Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > What A Wondrous Thing It Is To Be Lost [P]
maffleet

Character Info
Name: Jake Arellano
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Silver: 1156
Things certainly could be going better for the bard known as Jake. While following a road along the coast. There was part that circled around a large forest, Jake decided to take a "shortcut". By cutting straight through the forest he reasoned he'd get to his goal much quicker. While Jake had heard of the Virens Forest it had never occurred to him that he was walking into it. However he did eventually realize this fact, after it was far to late to actually leave the way he came in. That's just the life you live when you're a bard who does things without thinking of the consequences.

Having already gotten stuck quite far in the forest. Jake decided that instead of trying to find a way out, he would just wander aimlessly and hope he that he found something cool. Now what you may find cool vary but the first thing Jake found, or rather fell into was a rather large gully. After coming out of the other side caked in mud and rather tired the bard sat down for a minute to catch his breath. During this short reprieve Jake decided to eat lunch. Well he couldn't actually see the sun so it wasn't necessarily lunch as such. Though this small detail was lost on him as he ate cheese on a some bread, as well as an apple.

After finishing his self proclaimed lunch Jake continued his walk. After walking for a little while longer he ran into some wild boar. These animals did not seem particularly happy to see him. Managing to just barely get up a tree before the creatures charged, Jake decided that after they left he would make camp. Once the boars realized that Jake wasn't going to come down they soon scattered and continued foraging. At which point Jake fell out of the tree he'd been hiding in. An abnormally large amount of falling had occurred that day. After recovering from his fall the bard gathered up some kindling and made a fire. After thinking for a moment Jake shouted into the air. "What a glorious mess today has been!"

Always have a song in your heart and a drink in your stomach.

Jake can only cast magic through playing music.

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.
Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
The strange goddess had been spending a lot of time in the forest as of late. She enjoyed being out in Revaliir with everyone else and not locked away in her temple. She loved to see how people interacted with her temple world but she loved more watching what they would do in their world. There was so much more to watch and study out in the wilderness. Most of the strongest warriors spend years living in the wilderness to become the best they could be. There was a lot that made someone strong, however she knew it was more than just the appearance. Many forgot the small woman was actually not just the Goddess who teases love and taunts lust, but she was the one who dangled strength and, in a way, power.

She had taken to wearing pants while traveling through the actual wilderness. She felt it was a foolish idea to wear one of her dresses to let it get ripped up in her travel. She was able to protect the bottom of her pants by pushing them inside of her tall boots. Her long curls were pulled up into a high ponytail but a few pieces in the front had been pulled loose from the weather leaving her with a few small curls framing her face. She did not believe she looked her best but she felt safer the way she looked.

Rhea could not remember how long she had been wandering through the forest. The wild animals did not bother her and most could sense who she was and kept their distance. Her biggest worry was nature itself. There was nothing she could do to protect against the wraith of her aunt. It seemed like nature was always out to get her. Breathing out, she paused in her steps at the noise of someone shouting out. A couple birds went flying out of fear of the sudden sound but she did not budge.

The voice sounded familiar. It was hard for the woman to keep track of every single person she had ever talked to but it sounded like a voice she heard more recently. She could have been wrong in the guess but her mind was already focused on finding out who the owner of the voice was. Her own excitement was enough to break every one of her logical thoughts. Normally, it would be difficult to find someone who had gone silent but the scent of a fire kept her moving.

What happened next was hard to tell if the Goddess had planned this being her interest or she was truthful about nature hating her. She rounded one of the trees when she finally took sight of a man resting by a fire. She tried to move closer silently to see who exactly he was. She could have easily just wanted inside but that would probably only help to make the stranger react badly. She was not looking for a battle today. As she moved around one of the last trees around them, her foot got caught on an unearthed root. Her body went flying and she landed on her knees and hands not far from the man.

”Ow…”

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-
maffleet

Character Info
Jake sat leaning up against a tree. Occasionally throwing sticks into the now roaring fire. He was unsure why he was doing it, he just sort of was. A way to pass the time I suppose. Though it was also probably because he was waiting for his dinner to finish cooking. It was a piece of dried meat, he'd forgotten what kind but it didn't look deadly. Some cheese, and a chunk of bread that was ripped into two pieces. These had all been made into a sandwich and skewered onto his blade. This in turn was now roasting over the fire, it seemed like most of what Jake used his blade for was cooking.

Not that Jake was complaining. He'd bought the blade because he didn't want to get robbed while on the road. The bard lacked any real interest in the martial arts, he certainly didn't want to kill anyone. Well he'd certainly fight in self defense or to help others, Jake had little stomach for violence. At least against people, as rabbit was probably his favorite food which required him to hunt. Albeit while he certainly disliked them, knowing the even the basics of a martial art was very important for travelers. Or at least that's what the man who'd taught him had said. Though it's best not to think about the past he thought. Wouldn't want to bring up any terrible memories.

Even if he had his internal monologue was stopped when he heard he heard a sudden sound. The sound was a crashing sound, like followed by someone saying ow. Looking quickly over to where the sound came from he found it was a woman. Not only that but she looked rather familiar, hmm interesting. Jake stood up and walked over to here, it looks like she'd had a rather bad fall. Jake resisted the urge to nudge her arm with his shoe, it would've been terribly rude. Though instead of helping her up, which would've been the proper thing to do. Jake simply sat down next to the girl. After looking over her, Jake realized that she was objectively beautiful. He took a quick look over to the fire, about another minute until his food was done. "So, is there a particular reason you're running around in this forest. It appears to be quite dangerous business. well given my little experience, and your uh current" Jake just sort of motioned at the young woman with his hands.

Rhea

Character Info
Name: Rhea
Alignment: TN
Race: Siren Mixture
Class: Dreamweaver
Silver: 117
There was no real reason for her to gripe about the situation. She did not always have such issues with the forest but it had never been the easiest for her. If she let her abilities take hold and travel through the trees over the ground, it was always less likely for her to end up following on her face. Maybe it was part of her facade to appear weak and foolish. Whatever it may be, hazel eyes looked forward at the man as she finally took full notice to him. The man was familiar!

”There is the possibility that the forest is out to get me. It seems when I am not paying attention I can travel through the forest easily, however when I actually focus on my surrounds I find myself coming close and personal to the mud.” Rhea retorted as she slowly sat up, trying to brush the dirt from her hands. He had happily just sat himself beside her over helping her so she took no effort to try and get up.

Her head tilted curiously at him as she continued to try and brush some of the mud off. It was rather damp out in the middle of the forest so there was really not much she could do about what tried to cling to her very soft tanned skin. There were soft mutters to herself as she tried to clean herself but she took no effort to use any of her magic. She really could not know if this man was against magic users or not. She knew very little about him, actually. Their last meeting had been rather brief. With the island’s disappearance, she had not gotten to know anything about the strange man.

”I did not expect to run into you once again in such a way. I am not normally prone to such clumsiness, I do promise. Do you have a love for traveling through forests or do you seek some unspoken treasure out here?” Rhea gave him an interested glance as she let her hands drop to her lap.  She was happy to turn the subject away from herself and onto him.

My Active Threads
-pm if you don't see your thread!-
maffleet

Character Info
Hmm so he did know this girl, but from where? Jake took a moment to comb through his memories; Eureka it was that woman from that strange island that disappeared. It was a shame he never did find that castle, that forest was very tricky. Much as this one was in fact the two shared many features. Other than the actual plants growing inside of it; where the two couldn't be further apart. But enough about trees the bard thought back to their previous encounter. It was mostly Jake talking to the shadow of a woman in the forest. It's good to know that his hunch was wrong and Jake hadn't simply suffered a bout of madness from the residual effects of sea sickness. Albeit such a thought was ridiculous anyway; seasickness didn't cause madness. Not that Jake knew of anyway.

"I feel as though forests are not so much out to get you as they are indifferent to all life walking through them. Such is my understanding of it anyway". Jake had a sudden Epiphany. His food was going to burn soon! Rushing over to his fire the bard pulled his blade out of the flames, phew everything looked in order. Though had he left it there for a few moments longer his dinner would be tasting like charcoal. Before he took a bite Jake looked over to the woman sitting on the ground. "I don't suppose you'd be wanting something to eat after a long day of falling on your face?" asked the bard with a grin on his face.

Jake after mulling over the girls question for a moment shrugged. "I go where the wind takes me. The wind makes a rather poor guide when looking to get to a specific destination however". Yes while following the wind is fun and all, maps tend to make reaching towns a much simpler affair. A fact which Jake disregarded every time someone offered to give him a map. The fact that he'd managed to get anywhere he needed to go was a miracle. Maybe the wind just really liked Jake, or he was just stupidly lucky. Both were somewhat reasonable options; albeit one was a bit more far fetched than the other.

The woman still hadn't stood up. That was quite strange "Do you need a hand?" Jake said moving back towards the woman. Holding a sword kebab in one hand and extending his toward the girl with the other.