Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > Missing Her [P][S]
Attie

Character Info
Name: Attie
Alignment: CN
Race: Human (Dead)
Class: Wanderer/Scholar
Silver: 0
She was finally back. It had been a long while since she had been at the forest. Since she'd been at her home place. It wasn't home, as there wasn't any place for her to stay. But it was familiar. More familiar than anywhere else she had been. Attie recognized the smells of the forest. She listened to the familiar sounds of distant animals and winds blowing gently through the trees. The trees were starting to turn to light yellow or red, like it had when she was younger. A smile appeared on her lips as she traveled to the cave she knew so well. However, this time she brought blankets and tents to keep herself warm during the chilly night. She approached the small cave and entered it. Inside was empty as ever. Her smile momentarily turned to a frown before she smiled again. She couldn't allow herself to be sad. There was no reason for it. Attie was just visiting her old home. 

With a sigh, she plopped her backpack on the ground then sat next to it, beginning to unpack all of her items. She had rations, a tent, blankets, a canteen of water, her journal, a map, and many other things that she had collected. First she began setting up her tent inside of the cave. The cave would block most of the wind but the ground would be as cold as ice once nighttime came. But Attie had a tent that came with a fabric floor to ease the coldness of the ground in addition to her little sleeping mat. Soon the tent was set up and she went to work creating a small fire. Once she had a fire going and had eaten some of her rations, she began to head off to her mat for the night. Tomorrow would be another day of travelling. She snuggled into her blankets and closed her eyes. 

-A thick fog surrounded her as she called out into the air. There was no response. Suddenly, a warmth came over her as she looked up to see her bear mother standing over her. Suddenly, Attie was a small child again. Attie, not even caring about her childlike appearance, snuggled deep into her mother's fur. The bear gently curled around the child and they stayed there for a long while. Suddenly, the mother stood up and began to drift away. The air around her turned into a sharp coldness. Attie began to run after her mother, screaming and crying for her to come back. 

"Mom! Don't go! I still need you. Mom!" Attie wailed as her mother vanished into the fog, "Don't leave me here. MOTHER!"-

Attie jerked awake as thunder boomed outside. Rain was pouring outside while inside the cave, it was cold and lonely. The fire had gone out and her blankets had been tossed aside in her sleep. Her breath slowed as she realized that it was only a dream. Attie's panicked eyes looked around the cave for any sign of anybody but she was alone. Completely alone. Her lips pressed together tightly as she looked to the tooth and claw necklace dangling around her neck. Taking it off, Attie began to speak to the necklace as though it was her mother. 

"I…I know its selfish. You deserve to rest but…I just want you back mom." Attie whispered to the necklace, "I can't do this on my own. I'm all alone. I need you. So please…please please please please….at least let me see you one more time. I didn't even get to say goodbye."

Tears began to drip from her eyes as her voice became shaky. 

"I want to hug you and snuggle in your warm fur again. I want…I love you mom. I love you so much." Attie began to sob, "Mommy. I miss you. Mom." 

She clutched her necklace to her chest as she wailed in despair.

"Mother!" Attie cried. 

Soon her sobs died out as she fell back to sleep, too tired for anymore tears.