Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > Dreamy Reunion [P]
Anon

Character Info
Name: Anon Y. Mous
Alignment: TN
Race: Unknown
Class: Illusionist
Silver: 352
Cecil woke to tears soaking his pillow once more. That dream he had several nights ago was beautiful, impossible, hopeful. Ever since, the far would relive those moments. It had been so real, that he could vividly remember each detail. Her hair was just as fiery red, her eyes crystal clear, her voice as an angel. Every night, he would stare to the South, waiting with hope filling his heart. Yet, right before midnight, Cecil would turn away, and refuse to look back for the rest of the night.

It was a foolish dream, and even more foolish to yearn for it so. He dared not look, for he feared that it was real. Each time he turned away, he would cry himself to sleep, ashamed of himself. Gahara stood by, ever loyal, and guarded over the confused Fae. Several long discussions had been held over his lack of character. To which Cecil would eventually clam up and mumble something about broken hearts. The griffon had enough, for he had seen the beacon, and he too yearned to see the kindred spirit. She had been there when he found Cecil, so he had developed an emotional bond to her as well.

”Why do you turn away from the south?” It was the same question he asked nightly. And he got the same brooding silence in answer. Gahara, with great speed, snatched the Fae in his claws and took flight. Cecil screamed profanities at him mentally, which the griffon blocked out. He was going to see that beacon from a hundred feet in the sky if he must! Deviously, he flew in rapid circles, disorienting Cecil. Soon, that beacon would flare, and Cecil would have no choice but to witness it. And see it, Cecil did. The Fae stopped thrashing, and beheld the beautiful sight of the flames.

That night, he sat at the edge of the forest, in a daze. It was real. All of it. For several hours, Cecil now wrestled with the possibility of this being a cruel prank on him. Gahara finally snapped at him. ”Go in! If it's her, the world is that much brighter. If it isn't, then kill the jerk who impersonated such a sweet soul, toying with your emotions.” Cecil wasn't sure what happened, what started the fire at his heels, but the fae stood and began to ran. Was it imagined danger? The need for clarity? The yearn of her? It didn't matter. He ran and ran, hardly able to breathe.

When at last, he crashed into the clearing where her house stood, Cecil fell to his knees. His chest heaved as he gulped in breath. Dawn was approaching by now. Cecil could feel his muscles twitch from the sudden exercise, heat escaping from his skin. Faeries didn't sweat, so that was a plus. He gazed upon the house, memories flooding him, scraping his emotions raw. There was a familiar twist of the heart as the wound was opened afresh. What had possessed him to come back to this sweet, sweet, lovely house?

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
Name: Nelanna R. Fox
Alignment: TG
Race: Elf
Class: Former Warden of the Wilds
Silver: 407
His day started early as usual. Kohaku woke before the break of dawn and bathed before anything else. Afterwards he put on a kimono different from the one he usually wore. This one was dark blue in color, and resembled a common robe more than a kimono with a thin cloth belt to tie around his waist instead of an obi. He didn’t wrap it very tightly as he did with his samurai kimono, so the top was parted enough to expose some of his chest. Those types of kimonos were common in spas and bath houses, but it’s what Kohaku wore during his morning routines to help him relax, all the while have a little more comfort before changing into something better before his Master wakes.

Nelanna was still sound asleep by the time his bath was done, so he set to cleaning as he normally did after a bath. He never liked a dusty house, and he wanted Nelanna to wake up with a clean cottage and breakfast already prepared. So cooking was the next thing on his list after cleaning. Already he could see the sun rising outside by the time his chores were finished, and he couldn’t help but yawn a little from slight exhaustion. Around this time of year he always worked himself to the bone, doing extra things that weren’t entirely necessary. It was all to keep his mind off of the day that was growing ever closer. It was the one day he allowed himself to leave Nelanna’s side and spend some time alone, the one day he allowed all of the feelings he kept bottled up to show. Until then, he keeps himself distracted as not to show any of those feelings. He didn’t want Nelanna to worry. However, this also meant he often got less sleep than he should, and ends up more irritable due to his exhaustion.

Finally, it was time to prepare a morning meal. Nelanna would wake before too long, and he wanted it to still be warm by the time she prepares herself for the day and comes downstairs. Earlier the day before, Kohaku had gone to the closest town to do a little shopping. There he had gotten several ingredients, enough to make the meals they need through the week. But there were some ingredients he didn’t buy, deciding it would be best to use the ones from his garden that he started a while ago. This way the meals will be fresher. So he took a basket to carry the ingredients in, then stepped out of the cottage and onto the front porch. That’s when he noticed the last person he wanted to see.

Despite how calm his expression was, Kohaku inhaled a deep breath before releasing it as an irritated huff. He had hoped dream boy would stay away longer than this, and his timing was impeccable. Just when Kohaku was preparing for one of the most important, and admittedly most painful days of his life, he now had to deal with Cecil.

Groaning inwardly, Kohaku figured he couldn’t just ignore the boy. It wasn’t because he cared for him, which he didn’t in the least, but because he was sure fairy boy noticed his presence already and would approach him sooner or later. He just figured it was best to go ahead and get it over with. So, he made his way across the clearing until he stood over Cecil who had fallen to his knees. He crossed his arms, looking down flatly with a short tone, “If you are going to wallow in your own self pity, go do it elsewhere. You will only be an annoyance here; I have better things to worry about.”

Anon

Character Info
Of all the people who could have arranged for the sick joke, Kohaku was not on the list. He wouldn't, couldn't, even just to mess with Cecil's head. It would mean defiling the memory of a beloved woman, his master and Cecil's love. Yet, there the fox was, exiting the cottage, as if nothing was amiss. The Fae sat there as the fox approached, trying to catch his breath as he felt Gahara approaching from behind, having followed at a much slower pace. He was still a short ways away, which was good. Anger boiled inside, replacing all doubt and uncertainty with rage and frustration.

Cecil stood, fists balled so tight, he was sure his nails would soon to cut into his palm. Pulling his arm back, the fae took a swing at the fox, frustration growing as Kohaku easily dodged him. It should be pointed out that Cecil was no fighter, but he could not control his raging emotions. He was just a girl trying to pass as a guy, who recently watched the first love of his life murdered before his own eyes, after all. ”What do you know of losing someone?” the fairy language spilled from his mouth as he spoke, having learned not too long ago that it was all of the more common tongues that were cursed.

Another swing, another dodge, and mounting aggravation. ”You were there, Kohaku! But you ran! Some familiar you are!” He wasn't here for self pity. Was he? Cecil grasped Kohaku's kimono with both hands, but put dropped his head low in defeat. ”I dreamed of her. She told me to come… But she's really gone, isn't she?” His voice cracked as emotions threatened to choke him. Gahara had, by this point, stepped into the clearing, and laid down patiently, keeping his thoughts to himself. This was something Cecil had to work out for himself. If Nelanna truly was gone, Cecil had to learn to let go.

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
Why wasn’t he surprised when Cecil responded with such anger? He attempted to land a blow on Kohaku, a very poor attempt that was easily dodged as the fox sidestepped. He kept his arms crossed over his partly exposed chest, his eyes watching the Fae suffer with very little pity. There was no hint of his usual smirk or grin, something he always did whenever he playfully angered dream boy. No, this was no game. He was dead serious, and any words that anger Cecil were not made lightheartedly. He too was irritated, though he had far more experience with keeping himself calm compared to the Fae who loses control all too easily. Honestly, what did Nelanna see in him?

But then Cecil spoke, his words reaching Kohaku and stabbing him like a dagger. He flinched a little as the words were spoken and clenched his jaw to keep himself from raising his voice. In fact, he didn’t speak at all. He didn’t even try, but instead he continued to watch Cecil’s anger grow. Another punch was thrown, dodged with just as much ease as before, and then his kimono was clenched by the angry boy. His amber eyes were blazing intensely at Cecil, his own anger rising. But was it really Cecil he was angry with?

To be truthful, the way Cecil acted was all too familiar. The fox could see himself in the young Fae. His anger, his pain and agony, his grief. It was understandable; Kohaku knew exactly how Cecil was feeling, which also meant he knew where all of that suffering was leading Cecil. And that’s what angered him the most. It felt like he was looking in a mirror, and it felt absolutely pathetic. He couldn’t bring himself to feel pity for Cecil; it would be like pitying himself. And there was nothing he hated more than that.

“Just what the heck do you know about me?” His tone was sharp as a blade, dripping with fury. But his tone and eyes were the only things now that gave any indication that he was angered at all. His body language and facial expression seemed calm as ever. Until he slapped Cecil’s hands away from him with a heavy sigh. “Unless you know everything that I’ve been through, you have no right to claim you are the only one to suffer like this.“ It hurts, I know, he added to himself silently, and for that brief moment his eyes softened sadly. But as quickly as the moment came, it was gone, and his eyes hardened once more. “Despite how small your brain is, that doesn’t make it nonexistent. Maybe if you try using it for once you’ll find your answer.” He turned his body to the side a little and tucked his arms into the sleeves of his kimono, eyes looking at Cecil with irritation rather than anger now that he was calming down a little. “Nelanna and I are connected. We can feel each other’s emotions, as well as pain. Don’t you think I would have been in pain if she really were killed? The pain of losing a master is very excruciating as the bond is heavily broken. It would have been obvious if I was suffering so.” He sighed heavily again, as if explaining things to Cecil were like explaining something to a child.

“Nelanna isn’t dead you dunce. I could still feel her power running through me when she “died”, so I went after her. I found her being held captive by the Faes elsewhere and brought her home. Since then I’ve been helping her get her memories back.” His eyes averted to nothing in particular as his ears twitched. He really was hoping that Cecil would be one memory she wouldn’t get back, but that stupid amulet he gave her ruined that. And it wasn’t as if Cecil was going to come back hoping she was still alive. He was too busy acting like a nursing child who’s mother was taken away too soon. Had he no pride? Seeing him clinging to Nelanna like he did was aggravating. He couldn’t seem to think on his own without her. He was nothing when she was gone. Instead of fighting, he just gave up. Surely he knew if she really was gone, Nelanna wouldn’t want him to grieve over her like that and become so pathetic. She’d want him to move on, find someone else to love and be happy.

“She’s inside,” he finally admitted, then quickly added, “She’s resting at the moment. The poor girl has been through a lot lately from being kidnapped, losing her memories and trying to regain them, as well as training daily so that she can be a well suited Champion for Zanar, all the while having inner struggles of her own. And lately she’s been staying up late, sending those beacons into the sky and waiting for you to show up. So I suggest you let her rest and wait for her to wake on her own.”

Anon

Character Info
Of course he was not the first to experience this pain, and he wasn't the last. But it was his first time in many decades. The first time did not actually count, things just got worse if he showed any mourning. So he had to get over Mother's death, or keep his mourning to the late evenings. It was hard, but eventually, the pain of the loneliness seemed to dull, shadowed by a growing hatred. When Kohaku slapped his hands away, they fell to his sides while he stayed standing with his head bowed.

The only effort of acknowledging his insult was a single thought. ”Leave it to a fox to throw insults.” Gahara hid his laughter with a feigned sneeze. Finally did Cecil's head rise as Kohaku mentioned the connection between familiar and master, a confused look on his face. It was not a thought that had ever crossed his mind, yet Gahara was mentally confirming this to him. ”Then, why didn't you tell me?” The griffon did not answer. ”Don't assume I'd know about the bond of familiars just because I have one.” Cecil was not prepared for the words that came out of the fox’s mouth.

It was as if he had punched the fae in the jaw. A positive confirmation of life, not a birthing, but the mistaken belief of death. ”Why didn't you find me? Tell me? Does your disdain run so deep you'd let someone believe in a lie?” To his surprise, his first words were not demanding her location, yet his voice was dripping with hurt. Despite whatever the two had between them, Cecil would never leave Kohaku in the dark like that. What he hadn't expected, however, was for the fox to freely give her location without being questioned. The fae looked toward the house, some unknown feeling flooding through him.

Was it relief? Joy? Several mixed into one? Suddenly, Cecil was even more indecisive than before. Oh, how he longed to gaze upon her perfection, to watch her slumber. He wanted to take her in his arms and just hold her. But, the sacrifices she has made for him recently… Without another word, Cecil gave a nod, turned and took deliberate steps towards Gahara. It would be there, in the shade of a tree, Cecil would wait. He sat, his back leaned against the griffon. Having had poor sleep, even worse than Nelanna, very little in the way of tending to his health, and the sudden burst of energy consumption led, poor Cecil was very quick to doze off, half curled into Garaha's wing joints.

”Would it not be easier to let him know you understand? To help him? You do know that this is the very first time he has fallen in love, right? Why do you torture him over it?” Gahara asked Kohaku telepathically. ”Watching him nearly destroy himself with grief, and not being able to do anything… Being a familiar is difficult in times such as these. Please don't make my job any more taxing than it should be. In many ways, Jade is inexperienced and naive. She truly has not come to terms with her emotions, having suppressed them for so long. Tell me, Kohaku, what do you know of her true past?” He sounded like a wise, aged old soul, much like the owl that he is to be.

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
He waited for his words to sink in, brow twitching impatiently until the Fae finally started to get it. Or, he was at least putting some thought into it, and gave a look of confusion to the nine-tailed fox. Not surprising. His response was no surprise, either. Kohaku sighed, “Well, the fault is on your part. You should always ask your familiar questions about your bond with them, no matter how silly or unimportant the question may seem. You must learn as much as you can so that you may strengthen your bond, and your teamwork will progress.” He and Nelanna talked all the time, and there was always something for her to learn further about her bond with him. That knowledge is what allowed her and him to get along so well. They understand each other, know each other inside and out. By the day, the thread that was their bond steadily turns from string to steel.

Cecil then responded with pain clear on his face and dripping from his tone. He asked a very reasonable question, one that probably deserved an answer after all that Cecil had been through. True, he cared about Nelanna, and his relationship with her was enough reason to give him the right to know that she had been alive this whole time. But Kohaku wasn’t done with fairy boy yet. His eyes narrowed at Cecil. “What I do or don’t do is my business and mine alone,” was his only reply. He supposed that part of the reason he never told Cecil the truth was because he wanted revenge, but Oberon never seemed to care enough about anyone for Kohaku to target. Naturally you target the friends of you enemy to make them suffer. But Oberon had no friends. He hated his own child, so making Cecil suffer was never a real option for the fox.

But the main reason was to keep him away from Nelanna for as long as he could. After her supposed death, Cecil displayed violence and anger that made Kohaku think twice about telling him that she was still alive, and so he left without saying another word. The Fae was dangerous, there was no doubt there. He’d already proven that he puts a target on her just by being associated with her. And because he refused to let her go, his dear ol’ dad took her away. And now she was suffering because of Cecil’s stupidity. Also, he’s been quite busy helping Nelanna as of late, as well as preparing for his special day. He didn’t exactly have the time to go looking for Cecil and tell him anything.

Finally, Cecil agreed to leave her alone for the time being and fell asleep against Gahara. Kohaku sighed heavily and untucked his arms from his sleeves, then started to turn away so that he could go pick ingredients from his garden as he initially went outside to do. But then, an unfamiliar voice entered his psyche. He stopped and looked back, quickly learning that it belonged to Cecil’s familiar. For a brief heartbeat he was surprised; he’d never heard the owl griffon speak before. But he quickly recovered from his curious state and his expression flattened.

“I don’t know his full past, and I don’t need to. He is in pain, that much I can tell, and that is all that matters, truly,” he began. “It is because I understand what it is he’s going through that I treat him as I do. But whether I understand or not, there are things he needs to learn on his own. I cannot give him the answers he seeks, and I cannot give the aid he desires.” He turned his eyes to look upon Cecil’s sleeping form, eyes narrowing. “Pain is the best teacher-” he paused for a moment, before speaking in a far darker tone, one so quiet it would make one wonder whether they were meant to hear it or not, “and I want to see him struggle.”

With that, he turned away and headed towards his garden, where he proceeded to gather ingredients for the morning meal.

Meanwhile, Nelanna stirred in her bed as she began to wake. With a large yawn, she sat up and reached her arms up, arching her back in a stretch before trying to rub the sleep from her eyes. She had slept well during the night, allowing her to wake feeling energized. However, there was an aching pain in her chest. Lately it had been getting stronger by the day, becoming so intense that she was almost driven to tears. Her eyes softened painfully as she clutched the clothing over her heart with her hand. Was it that time of year again? In only a few days, Kohaku will vanish in the morning before she wakes, and he won’t return until late at night, or early the next day. He always takes a bottle of wine along with him, and leaves a note behind for her. She wished she knew where he went and what he did during all that time, but he never told her. All she could feel was overwhelming pain resonating from the mana she shares with him.

With another yawn, she hopped out of bed and made her way over to her balcony. She opened the doors, breathing in the fresh morning air and allowing the rising light to leak into her bedroom. She stepped further onto the balcony and leaned against the railing, looking down. She could see Kohaku in his morning kimono, picking things from his garden off to the side. And, there was something else. An owl griffon that looked familiar, and…

Her eyes widened and immediately she started changing, rushing through her clothing without putting much thought into an outfit. She had to go outside as quickly as possible.

Anon

Character Info
Gahara sighed. ”Perhaps not. But a lifetime of looking out for none but herself, without any one person to truly care for her has made the heart forget how to love. Cecil was beginning to do well, all things considered.” The griffon began to preen his feathers on his shoulder, opposite of where the fae slumbered. ”To have just a single person to believe in you, to find support, and kindness, makes a world of difference. The drink stopped flowing, and he began contemplating what to focus his efforts on. It was only in his dreams that he would find time to grieve anymore.”

He returned his gaze to Kohaku. ”It was her finding that amulet that resumed this disastrous attitude, and destructive, half mindless, emotion driven actions. Was it real? Is it someone pulling a prank on him? Should he dare hope? These questions assaulted his conscious, day and night. It wasn’t until I forced him to see her flares, to allow her peace of mind and free her from the self obligation to Cecil, that he even came at all.” Truly, without their new friend, Cecil had no one else after Nelanna.

Speaking of which, Nelanna came rushing out of the house, to which Gahara gave a deep bow of his head. ”It is a great pleasure, and honor to see you well, Lady Nelanna. Please forgive our fairy. His nights have not been kind.” Yet, as if he could hear Gahara’s words, even though the griffon knew he could not, Cecil blearily blinked his eyes. He gazed up at Nelanna in awe, afraid that if he tore his sight away, she would evaporate into thin air as a mirage. Cecil, with tears beginning to well up once more in his eyes, remained rooted to the spot, even as Gahara forcibly dislodged the man to find a new place to lay.

Best give the lovers time to reunite, or so Gahara believed. ”I know he does not pass your inspection, yet, Kohaku. Give him time. With patience, Cecil will grow into the fairy worthy of Nelanna, or even his own mother, may she rest in peace.” This particular strand of thought was sent securely to Kohaku, unheard by man or woman. At least, that is what the griffon hoped. Yes… His mother… A worthy woman who chose a man who did not deserve her in the slightest. How Gahara missed that woman.

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
Even when he turned away, a way of saying he was done speaking, the griffon’s voice still reached Kohaku’s thoughts. He acted as if he couldn’t hear Gahara’s words, or at least wasn’t listening, while he plucked vegetables from his garden. But he listened intently, though with irritation. Kohaku knew Gahara was right. Being in fairy boy’s position would be difficult indeed, especially for someone with so little experience as Cecil had. However, no matter how it seemed, Kohaku was going to help Cecil, in his own strict way. Perhaps it was his own experiences that brought him to change his mind about Cecil. He still wanted him to stay away from Nelanna, but that would never happen. Cecil was too foolish to let go, and Nelanna was too stubborn.

He glanced back when he heard the front door to the cottage open and close. When he saw it was Nelanna, he sighed, gathered the basket that now carried the things he needed, and went back inside the house. He was tired of dealing with Cecil already and just wanted a little more time to himself. Though, he knew he’d have to deal with fairy boy soon enough.

Nelanna, however, felt completely different. She stepped outside, wearing nothing but a simple gray sweater with the pair of light brown pants she normally wore and her usual heeled boots. Her braided hair was a mess, never loosened and brushed since waking, and not a single hint of make up on her freckled face. It was clear she had been in a rush and put zero thought into her appearance. She wanted- no, she needed to see Cecil, and would spare not a single moment.

Her heart seemed to soar when her suspicions were confirmed, seeing Cecil resting against Gahara. He was there. He really came! Her face beamed with the largest and brightest smile she had shown in many years, and she eased her way to him, careful not to wake him. She barely heard Gahara’s words, and only nodded at him to show she heard anything at all.

And then, Cecil’s eyes opened. Those beautiful jade jewels stared at her, wide and tearing up. Nelanna blinked away tears of her own before they could fall, and she fell to her knees right in front of him. “Cecil,” his name slipped offer her tongue tenderly, happily, and she slowly reached up to lightly place her hands on his cheeks. She sniffled as the tears forced themselves back, her heart squeezing yet thrumming at the same time. She was overwhelmed by joy, so much so that she could find no words to explain how happy she was. Yet, part of her was still torn over knowing how much pain she had caused him.

Then, she pulled closer to Cecil. Her lips lightly brushed his hesitantly, asking for permission to complete the act. She wanted to finally kiss him, to reveal her feelings in reality. But she was fearful that he may not be ready. Either way, his reaction would tell her.

Anon

Character Info
She had fallen to her knees. No sight was more beautiful than to see his gorgeous elvish goddess before him. Even with her unbrushed braid, her skin "el natur-al" in shiny glory of the radiant morning sun. Her turquoise eyes gazing upon him with such love and tenderness. Nelanna was truly alive and well, and his name was like honey with her voice. Cecil's hand reached up to hold the back of one of hers as she reached up to hold his cheeks. The other went to gently wipe the well of tears that threatened to spill onto her beautiful face.

"Shhh." Cecil hushed her, before she could say anything else. He didn't want to hear how sorry she was, or dwell on the past of what he had done to mourn. The fae only wanted to see her, and be content with her presence. Nelanna did something he had been hoping but never expected then. She closed the distance between them, and he could feel the brushing of their lips. With this distance, he could smell her sweet, woodsy scent as if nothing else existed in the world. His heart leapt into his throat. Was she asking to kiss him?

Oh, he could fly over the moon, broken wings be damned. Cecil pulled her closer as he answered her kiss. He had been so patient, waiting for her permission, before doing anything. Nelanna was warm, her lips soft. His soul felt like she was a gentle flower, to be cherished for eternity. Yet, he was fighting back the urge to cry in his pure happiness. When the lovely kiss finally ended, Cecil pressed his forehead against her own. "I love you." The words came out in the tongue of the fairy, a beautiful sound to any unversed in the language.

As quick and harsh as lightning, pain exploded in his head. The fae screamed out as he suddenly found himself curled into a ball, holding his head with such ferocity, fingers bent in near claw like rigidness. Yet, as quickly as it came, the cause of it disappeared, but the residual effects was as waves on a shore. Slowly, carefully, Cecil began to sit up, very confused as to what exactly happened, feeling quite sick from whatever just transpired. "Damn it to pieces." Cecil gazed upon Nelanna apologetically. "If only you could understand me. I'd tell you how much I need you in my life. How much you mean to me. I love you, Nelanna." His hand went up to cup her cheek, unaware that he was actually speaking common, that the pain was the sick joke of his father. To break the curse, but be writhing in pain as a weak coward before your beloved true love.

Nelanna Fox

Character Info
Her desire to kiss him was answered. Finally, after so long she was finally able to kiss him, feel his warmth and tenderness in, not another dream, but reality this time. He held her close, and she held him, curling her arms around him with one hand gently grasping a handful of his white tresses, while the other rested on his upper back. On her end she felt like her heart would pound straight out of her chest like a caged bird trying to set itself free, and soar into the sky where she couldn’t reach. He kissed her with utmost care, almost as if he feared she would break or crumble against his touch. And she might have if she were standing. Her whole body felt weak, and she knew that if she weren’t down on her knees they would have buckled beneath her and brought her to the ground.

And then it ended. He pulled away, speaking something in a language she did not understand, but it was lovely to hear his real voice anyway. But, when did he learn to speak? Was there some loophole in the curse he was put under? But for some reason, Nelanna couldn’t quite bring herself to ponder about that just yet. Right now, all she wanted to think about was that she and her dearly beloved were finally together again. Her forehead was pressed lightly against his, and there she let go of his silky hair to tenderly rub her dainty fingers through it in a patterned motion, her other hand moved to rest on his shoulder.

She was silent at first, her beautifully large turquoise pools gazing into his jade ones with all the love she felt for him. Her rosy lips had taken up the form of a soft, loving smile as she struggled to contain her overwhelming joy, her heart swelling with it even more by the second. She closed her eyes again, resting against Cecil. Nelanna still couldn’t find anything to say, nothing that could clearly explain how she felt. She was happy to see him, she was relieved as well for she had been worried for his mental and emotional state and health. But she didn’t know where to start. I’ve missed you? Words could not describe how happy I am to see you?

However, before she could make up her mind, Cecil screamed and pulled away. She watched in horror as her love curled up on himself and clutched his head, an expression of pain plastered clearly across his face. Naturally, she reached out to him, but hesitated as her hands hovered over his crumbled body. “Cecil!” She called his name with alarm and worry, yet, she didn’t know what to do. She could ask if he was alright, but the pain may keep him from answering, whatever language he may use. A healing spell maybe? No, she didn’t know what was wrong.

Her thoughts then halted as Cecil’s whole demeanor changed. As quickly as it came, the pain seemed to have faded. Well, enough for him to sit up, at least. She watched him with her brow furrowed worriedly, muscles tense in preparation to jump to his aid should something happen again. And then, the unexpected happened. He spoke. It was the same voice she heard only minutes ago, however the language used was much different. It was one she knew well, the common tongue spoke most. Yet, Cecil didn’t seem to notice. Nelanna blinked with bewilderment, eyes large and lips parted slightly. “You…just spoke,” she muttered mostly to herself before her face beamed with gleaming eyes and a wide smile. Instantly her hands were holding Cecil’s shoulders as she leaned in a little closer, looking him dead in the eye to help him understand what had just happened. “You just spoke!” She chirped, barely containing her glee. She felt like a little girl inside, one who’s lifelong wish had finally come true.

Without waiting for a reaction from him, she wrapped her arms around him in a tight embrace, pressing herself against him firmly. Not only did he speak, but he said the words she had been waiting so long to hear, words she only dreamt of until now. He said he loved her. He actually loved her. Oh, words failing her before was put to shame now. She wasn’t even sure if actions could even help. But Nelanna was certain of one thing. This was her chance to finally tell him her true feelings, that she too was deeply, madly, hopelessly in love.

“Oh Cecil, you have no idea how long I’ve waited to hear those words,” she said, burying her face in the crook of his neck, eyes clamped shut as she tried to keep tears of joy from spilling over. “I love you so much. I just…words fail me to express just how strongly and deeply these feelings run for you.” Finally, a tear strayed and her grip tightened around him, never wanting to let go. “I love you, Cecil. Welcome home.”