Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > The elf under the bridge
RescueScribbles

Character Info
Name: Sylvia Roothearth
Alignment: LG
Race: Dracholmian sun elf
Class: Healing ranger/Seductress
Silver: 19
Sylvia was setting up an ambush for a bandit convoi with stolen goods. She wasnt normally up for mercenary work but she had to start making a better name for herself. Formerly known as the one ranger that all poachers (and licensed hunters) fear as she relentlessly attacked them in order to protect the forrest. She set some sort of large harpoon contraption up on the side of the road in a bush and hid herself under the bridge. As soon as she would hear the noise of a carriage she would activate the contraption and pull the carriage onto it's side…

none yet lulz
Rhaenys

Character Info
Name: Rhaenys
Alignment: CN
Race: Elf
Class: Elemental Archer
Silver: 524
"Go on, Vis," Rhaenys murmured to her hawk. She swept her arm up into the air - there was a brief pinch from the hawk's talons, and then it was off, soaring through the trees, silent and deadly. Visenya needed to eat, too, and this forest was likely bursting with small creatures for the bird to hunt. Supple leather boots carried their wearer over a dirt path and onto a bridge. The forest around her was dark, and so, Rhaenys waved a hand idly to the side, as if to brush something away. She cast a simple spell, letting her see more clearly, and it was then that she noticed an odd shape off to her right. Stopping in her tracks, Rhaenys eyed a contraption that, she realized, had previously been hidden among the dark leaves of a bush.

She felt strange. Drawing her bow, she knocked an arrow and called out, "Is someone there?"

Please see this spreadsheet for elven to english translations!
RescueScribbles

Character Info
Sylvia was hiding under the bridge with her spider, eagle and barbed beast when she heard a voice. Fortunatly she was capable of holding her breath for a good time and dived underwater to investigate. She stayed underwater wich effectively kept the other elf from detecting her sweetened scents. Soon she saw the other person and popped her head out of the water loudly, most likely causing a jumpscare. "Hey! What are you doing out here? Im springing a trap on bandits! ….You didnt move my harpoon did you?" 

She crawled out of the water like a crocodile before quickly getting on her feet and checking the trap and saw the harpoon point stuck out of the bushes. "No! It needs to be hidden!" She yelled as she frantically tried to conceal it again in the bush.

none yet lulz
Rhaenys

Character Info
For a short time, there was no response. Wondering if the trap was old, Rhaenys began to place her arrow back in its quiver, though she did so warily, and with hesitation. A sudden splashing below her made her flinch, and she whipped around, arrow nocked once more. Looking over the bridge, she saw someone emerge from the water and then heard a voice.

"Hey! What are you doing out here? I'm springing a trap on bandits! ….You didn't move my harpoon did you?"

Rhaenys watched the woman carefully, telling her, "I haven't touched your harpoon." The other woman didn't seem to hear her - or perhaps she didn't care - because she immediately scrambled onto the bank and then up a slope to check on her trap.

"No! It needs to be hidden!"

Rhaenys exhaled slowly, returning her arrow to her quiver, and slinging her bow over her shoulder. "I told you, I haven't touched it. I just now spotted it," she repeated, a hard edge to her voice. "You mentioned bandits. A harpoon seems, well…" Rhaenys trailed off with a wave of her hand.

RescueScribbles

Character Info
She sat down in front of the harpoon and pushed it deeper in the bush with her legs before doing a role to get up with grace. "The harpoon isnt for the bandits. It's for their carriage, when they ride past i will activate it and ill pull their whole carriage onto it's site. That HAS to stop them and then the soldiers hiding in the woods over there can arrest them. This is my first time doing mercenary work." She proudly said before running back to the bridge and having her huge ass rhino sized bear thing with spikes along it's spine submerge in the water again. "Come hide! And dont be afraid of Barbsy, he only bites when i tell him to!"

none yet lulz
Rhaenys

Character Info
Rhaenys eyed the other elf, still somewhat wary, as she moved the harpoon and returned to her feet.

"The harpoon isn't for the bandits. It's for their carriage, when they ride past i will activate it and I'll pull their whole carriage onto it's side. That HAS to stop them and then the soldiers hiding in the woods over there can arrest them. This is my first time doing mercenary work."

The elf spoke with pride, and Rhaenys quirked a brow. She'd never heard of elves doing mercenary work - but perhaps that was because she was - or… used to be - Dalish. Rhaenys felt a tug at her heart, and she sighed softly.

"Come hide! And don't be afraid of Barbsy, he only bites when i tell him to!"

"I don't think -" Rhaenys began abruptly. She stopped herself, took a deep breath, and then continued, "Apologies, da'len. I cannot linger here long; I came here to hunt, and, well… You say there's soldiers nearby, and I would rather not be here when they emerge."

It was a sorry excuse, but not a wholly untrue one. "I wish you luck in your endeavor to stop these bandits, however." Rhaenys bowed her head slightly. "Dareth shiral, stranger." She bid the elf farewell, and quickly disappeared into the shadows, pulling up her hooded cloak as the far-off cry of a hawk pierced through the darkness.