Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > How to Train Your Owner [O]
Hanaoni

Character Info
Name: Myouga Ryou
Alignment: CG
Race: Hanaoni (oni variant)
Class: Arcanist
Silver: 0
After the whole early-Glaciem fiasco was over, the warm breezes of Ignius caressed the fire-red leaves of the Virens. Today was a very important day, as Myouga decided it was high time she and her new 'friend' had some quality bonding. She had brought her newly-acquired wyvern and several snacks along for a picnic. Once she had returned home from her little expedition in the Vault with her friend, she had grabbed the little creature she had knocked unconscious and stuffed into a reinforced cage and held it high above her head–loudly declaring that she would love it and pet it and call it 'George'. Thankfully, she ultimately did not name it 'George', as her attention was drawn elsewhere towards the snacks she had in the pantry. After eating her fill and drinking a few cups of tea, she got an idea. Holding the wyvern above her head again, she shouted: "From this day forward, I shall call you Ryokuto! 'Cause you're small and adorable and green, like a mung bean!" The olive-green draconid was not entirely pleased with this development, but attempts to protest were futile as the little mage began singing, dancing with it in the air.

Now, they were here below a nice and shady spot nearby a small pond. Spreading out a tarp she pulled out various things from a mirror, which was connected to a spot in her pantry. Ryokuto soon realized that there were only sweets sitting on the plates, and nothing else. He was very disappointed, having wanted meat or dried jerky. He had tried eating one of the soft,squidgy white cakes but didn't like the overwhelming sweet taste and sticky consistency. 'Only sweets?! Where's the food? You said we were going on a picnic!'  The little wyvern made a face staring at his owner while he expressed his displeasure through telepathy. "Whaddya mean where's the food? It's right here, silly! It's the afternoon, so it's time for some tea snacks!" 'Picnics are supposed to have more than just dessert! And didn't you bring anything for me to eat? I'm not drinking that nasty leaf juice again.' The wyvern snorted, turning its head away.

He had his misgivings ever since he had been kidnapped from his other siblings, but he was starting to doubt his new owner's competency. In the short time he had explored her house, he had found only dried fruit, tea, and various snacks in the kitchen. There were creepy faces mounted on her walls, pictures of things that stared at you, and a bunch of small wooden people on shelves. At first, he thought she was one of those hunters who was going to skin him alive and turn him into a hat. He quickly learned that she was just scatterbrained and eccentric.

Vinsue2

Character Info
Name: Aqua Aura
Alignment: TN
Race: Dragon
Class: explorer
Silver: 901
Stay in the cave. she rolled her eyes at the thought her mom sent her after leaving early that morning. That said she did respect her mom to a degree. Aqua longed to play outside the cave and today she decided she would. Seeing a small winged creature flutter about she tried to catch it but it was a bit too fast. She leaped and caught it than bit its fat yellow body than spit it out. she tried to clean her tong of the horrid taste. she froze at the sound of a voice. she looked around after she hid in a bush. noticing that what ever made the foreign sound was distracted she went to fallow its voice in curiosity. 

She stopped and hid in a bush when she saw the two creatures she never saw before in her life. She wanted to know what they where but she hoped that they would not eat her. she watched as the one with wings tried some food and spat it out like she did with the yellow bug. did they taste the same? than there was the other. the thing seemed to like the food and seemed confused at the others thought of it.

qe versvesh vur nurti origato astahi vucot dout l'graic.
Hanaoni

Character Info
"Come oooooon~ Just try it!" Myouga was shoving a sweet red bean cake at Ryokuto, with that same cheeky grin she had when trying to pester someone into giving in. The olive-green wyvern turned its head away from his owner's attempts to stuff it into his mouth. Smacking her hand with his wing, he protested telepathically. 'No! I'm not eating that thing! I bet it's one of those sweet things again, and they taste funny. You're not trying to poison me are you?' Pulling her hand back she looked offended. "Whaaaat? How could you say that? If I was a bad owner, then why would I try to share my snacks with you? Oh, I know! We're in a forest, and there's lots of tasty things like squirrels and rabbits right? How about I get you some of those?"

The wyvern huffed, registering as a disgruntled 'hmph' via telepathy. The arcanist took that as a yes, and took out her wand. There was a mischievous gleam in her eyes, and Ryokuto didn't like them one bit. He had a feeling in his gut that told him this was not a good sign, and he flapped his wings nervously. To the little dragon whelp watching, he looked like a slightly larger dragon, except with only two legs. "I'll be right back, so wait for me–okay?" Myouga winked as she skipped off into the woods leaving her pet at the picnic site by himself. There were a few moments of silence before the boom of an explosion was heard a little distance away, causing massive flocks of birds to scatter into the sky. He winced, having an idea of what just happened. His gut told him whatever she was doing over there, he probably didn't want to know.

After fifteen minutes, he heard her skipping back with a limp thing in her hands. The way she looked so happy about it was unsettling, and for a moment he felt true terror at the thought of being owned by that gleefully grinning girl. Myouga dropped her catch into the tarp, and he sniffed it. To his relief, it was a trout. He had half-expected to see some awful mangled mess. Not exactly the red meat he wanted, but it was acceptable. 'Hm. Not bad. It's better than what I expected. Since it's fresh, I'll accept it.' He told her telepathically as he tore into the fish. As they both ate their food, the smell of the fish wafted towards the dragonling in the bushes.

Vinsue2

Character Info
The young dragon looked at the thing that smelled amazing and made her mouth water. it was the thing that got her to come into the open slowly. she stopped a few feet away. she looked at the fish and than at the one that looked nothing like her. the one that had some odd skin. than she looked at the other and back at the fish witch it came closer to and stopped about a yard away. than she looked at the 2 legged dragon thing and tilted her head.

Hanaoni

Character Info
Both of them were busily eating when the wyvern caught a whiff of an unfamiliar scent. Looking up he spotted a dragon whelp, and saw it eyeing his food. He spread his wings and hissed, not willing to give up the morsel of decent food he finally had to a scavenger. "Hey what's the matter buddy? Do you see somethi–ooohh!" Myouga too saw the small winged lizard that had appeared from the bushes, and was ready to spring off of her seat on the tarp to snatch the little scaly creature in her hands. Her eyes glittered with excitement, the same way she had looked at her pet wyvern Ryokuto earlier. "Ooh look it the little thingy! It's soooo cute! Oh I could just squeeze you–you're so cute~" Reaching towards the whelp her thoughts were interrupted by a vocal cry and telepathic message from her pet. 'Hey! What do you think you're doing? Are you nuts?!' "But it's so adorable! Hey little guy, what are you doing here? Where's your momma and daddy?" The little mage asked the dragonling in a tone people often used when speaking to infants.

'Leave it alone! What if its mother sees us? If she smells us or thinks we're hurting her baby we're dead!'
Ryokuto growled, hunching over his partially-eaten fish. "Hey, Ryokuto you're a dragon right? Try talking to it! Tell it I said hi!" Myouga whispered loudly while keeping an eye on the baby dragon. "I've never seen a dragon whelp up close before! This is so exciting!" 'More like terrifying! Let's move; if the baby's here then that means the den isn't too far away. I am not getting eaten over your curiosity!' The wyvern leaned and grabbed the midsection of the fish with its mouth, and began dragging it away from the picnic tarp. Having only two legs and just wings, it was more difficult for him to keep his balance. He used his tail to keep himself from falling over, continuing to warn his owner to get up and leave. It was bad enough that his owner had no sense of danger; he wasn't going to let her poor choices drag him down too. Ryokuto was starting to wonder who was the real owner here. He guess that sometimes bigger didn't always mean smarter.

Vinsue2

Character Info
The young dragon stopped when the reptile spread its wings and hissed. She stepped back and hissed at the mammal when she started to reach for her. she stopped when the tone changed. tone was all she understood and the woman's was not threatening. she than turned to the reptile that was now dragging off the food.

She turned to the sweet cakes and sniffed one than sneezed. no wonder the other was having a fit it was not meat therefore not eatable. she jumped over the sweet and walked toward the fish. one the thing again started hissing she saw it was missing two legs. She did not back down but spread her wings and stood on her back legs and hissed back.

Hanaoni

Character Info
In the mind of the young dragonling, she would hear a voice say: 'Go away! This food is mine and I'm not sharing! Get your own food!' Ryokuto grabbed his fish and continued eating, keeping an eye on the whelp's movements. If it came too close he would move his food away and he used his wings to cover it while he ate. Myouga watched the interaction between the two and got an idea. Taking out her magic mirror, she reached her arm into it and fished around in her pantry. Finding something, she pulled out a bag of dried anchovies. She had those in the back in case she wanted to eat shredded seaweed with rice, but they were still good and not expired as far as she could tell. Holding the bag she shook it, opening it so the smell of the anchovies wafted out.

"Hey little guy! Look what I have~ I have some delicious little fishies for you!" She said in a sing-song voice. Ryokuto was busy protecting his trout to care, and was halfway done with the fish anyway. Were dried fish safe to feed animals? Myouga didn't know, but it was still 'meat' right? She was too preoccupied with getting the dragon close enough to pet it whilst it was distracted.

Vinsue2

Character Info
She was confused by the voice in her head for a bit tell she figured out that the reptile had sent the message she did not comprehend. She was quickly annoyed that the creature would not give any of the food up than turned at the smell of meat. She lowered to all fours and folded her wings as she slowly approached. Sudden movement spooked her and she ran off into the woods and back to the safety of her cave. from there she just watched. wandering if she was fallowed.

Hanaoni

Character Info
When the little dragon ran away, Myouga was a bit disappointed. She slumped over, as if deflated. "Awww….oh well. I guess it's just a baby after all. Of course it'd get scared…" Ryokuto picked the bones clean as he looked over at his owner again. 'See, I told you. It's wild, it's not going to eat out of your hand.' She then crossed her arms and puffed her cheeks out like a blowfish. "Well what about you? You're wild, but you're eating something I gave you." The wyvern snorted flicking away the fish bones with his tail. 'That's because you said you would feed me.' The arcanist then stuck her tongue out at her pet, and he looked away. Really, why did he have to get such an irresponsible owner? Why couldn't he have been picked by the other two-legged thing that took the other female wyvern he was cooped up with? This weird giant didn't even know the first thing about feeding wyverns, and he was sure she didn't know how having pets worked either. She didn't have any other animals in her house when he explored his new territory. Also the place was a mess upstairs.

He could still smell the dragonling, so he knew it was still close by. As long as it didn't bring its mother along, they would be safe…for now. With a full stomach he was feeling less irritated and found himself a sunny spot to sleep. If things didn't work out with this whole 'pet' arrangement he'd go back to living on his own again.

Vinsue2

Character Info
After a wile she got board and decided to go back and watch the guests. this time she climbed a tree and watched from above. soon a strong wind blue and no mater how strong she was the wind was stronger and blew her off the tree. she had wet to learn to fly and fell hard to the ground. she tried to stand but a cry was all she was able to do. her front left talon.

She was scared at that point and worried that she may not b able to get back home. she also could not move to get away from anything that thought she was a snack.