Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > Stand and Deliver! (Open)
brainwave1

Character Info
Name: Jacob Lockwood
Alignment: CN
Race: Human
Class: Smuggler
Silver: 63
Darian leaned against a tree looking out onto the crossing path, with his carefully put together plan to jump the next sound he heard, In fairness "Carefully" isn't really Darian's style but he needed the money with only a couple silvers to his name and starting to grow bored of sleeping in a bush at night.

So late one night in the local Inn he decided to go to a busy but not so busy you'll get caught path and starting preparing a heist to stand a traveller for all their money and Equipment, he chuckled putting on his Bandit Mask and preparing his rapier and dagger in his hands "What could go wrong" he muttered with a coy smirk growing on his face.

Without wasting any more time and not wanting to lose this opportunity of heavy feet on the dried mud road, he said a line he read once in a book "STAND AND DELIVER" as he jumped from the bushes in front of the unsuspecting prey.

"Nothings a lost cause if there's money involved"
Delanac Ironbrow

Character Info
Name: Delanac Ironbrow
Alignment: LG
Race: Orc
Class: Culinarian (i.e. chef)
Silver: 0
The 'unsuspecting prey' the thief had jumped on was none other than a huge orc with a great big battleaxe on his back. With his sturdy frame and powerful muscles, Delanac towered over the human as he turned to face the man. He had been on his way to the city of Adeluna when he passed by this way from the forest. From the stranger's speech and dress, he deduced this was an attempt at a robbery. Knitting his brows and glowering at the bandit, the orc put on his best intimidating face as he answered in reply. 

"Whadda ye want, scalawag? Ye got some gall to waylay an orc in these parts." Delanac waited to see what he would do. If he left him be, then that'd be the end of it. But if he persisted, then he'd have to give the man a proper hiding for his parents' sake. Proper risky business, banditry was. Pop in on the wrong person and you could end up stone cold on the ground, becoming plant fertilizer. Surely there was enough work around that a man like him wouldn't have to turn to thievery just to feed himself. 

"Don't look so surprised. Just because we're orcs doesn't mean we're all screaming barbarians."
brainwave1

Character Info
He chuckled "Man, a whole three syllables from a Orc, next thing you'll tell me is that your a head of a wealthy family" he tapped the knife on his own chin looking at the orc almost pitifully "However since you decided to take this road it means you have equipment and coin, so unless you want to become buzzard food I suggest handing it over my kinda gentle beast" 

Darian held out his hand waiting for the Coin to fall into his hands "I do take the Life part very seriously and I wouldn't do this job if I didn't have a extra plan for example my partners will easily come out the bushes and take you down with they're many pointy items of attack" he waved his hand around the dark forest beyond the Orc's sight.

Delanac Ironbrow

Character Info
The man was persistent, which meant this would be a bother. Having already spent his coin on supplies and the unexpected holdup souring his day, Delanac was not in a generous mood. If he wanted something valuable, then sure he'd give him something valuable–but not silver. "Hate to disappoint ye, but my family's not rolling in silver." He scrutinized the bandit, looking at his brandished weapon and attire. What was with that mask of his? It looked like someone cut holes in a perfectly good piece of cloth. With a grunt of displeasure he pulled out a small parcel and dropped it into the cheeky rascal's hand. There wasn't any coin in it, and it felt rather light. However the contents were the most valuable thing he had on his person. Should the thief choose to inspect the package, inside would be a bundle of dried herbs and spices. 

"There, take it. Doubt an axe would do ye any good, so there's the best thing I own." The orc proceeded to continue on his way, not interested in waiting for the man's reply. If he was as good at demanding for coin as he understood monetary value, then the scoundrel would know he could get a decent amount of crescents by selling it to the right people. Those herbs didn't come cheap, and they were still in good condition. Commodities always had a higher worth than plain currency if the demand was high.

"Don't look so surprised. Just because we're orcs doesn't mean we're all screaming barbarians."
brainwave1

Character Info
Darian simply looked at the parcel and dropped it into his pouch "And the Axe and Boots" he smirked "cant let you get away cheaply can I, an Orc's life must be slightly more expensive than a simple Mortal Humans such as me" with this he walked past the Orc smiling politely "Like I said before, you may be able to beat three of my men but the whole five of them will easily take you down" he said this while counting the herbs and spices, mentally counting the profit he would make

Delanac Ironbrow

Character Info
"Ye don't need the boots or the axe, ye can barely even hold up the bloody thing. You can easily buy both with what you got from me." This bandit was proving to be too persistent. A smart man would know when to fold than push his luck. That, or he was one of those thrill-seekers. People who thought it was funny when people gave you what you demanded. As much as he would liked to have sent the rascal a black eye and a few broken ribs, he would rather not be robbed blind. Frustrated by the constant pestering, Delanac stopped and sat down on a nearby stump. He crossed his arms, and stared back at the human. If he gave the man what he wanted he'd likely ask for more, not to mention he'd just waste the spices.

"If ye want coin so badly, then why don't ye try fishing in a bigger pond? If it's silver yer after then go big or go home, that's what I'd say. In the time ye make all these little heists you could easily pull in twice the haul at a city or a tavern. How much do ye think the passing blokes are goin' to have?" Since this man clearly had more than enough time to spare, Delanac decided to start a conversation. His feet were tired from walking anyways.  

brainwave1

Character Info
He laughed "You think I set up camp up here or something, No no no Im here for the big time I just need a little bit of income to get my feet off the ground" he paced knowing the Orc was thinking of escape routes however it seemed the beast was scared of the Figment of Imagination Army he made up to steal items from the man with ease, "You see Beast, Im going to steal from a Deity, and If im going to do that I need Silver to buy myself the finest tools and equipment" he smiled fianlly having a moment of clearness after saying equipment "Because unlike normal Orcs you understand a dream or Goal hence the Spices or Herbs".

Darian stroked his chin almost deep in thought "Not a trader since you dont have enough to make money, so let me guess a Chef?" he chuckled "Even if you wanted to fight us you couldn't since your most likely against falling back into the old ways of Orchish People"

Delanac Ironbrow

Character Info
As Delanac listened, he still kept his arms crossed. So his guess was correct, the man was a thrill-seeker. He probably shouldn't have been surprised when the bandit said he wanted to steal from a god, of all things. Proper foolish, that was. Stealing from a deity would never end well. At best they'd kill you, but they usually had other ways to make you suffer for your impunity. It wasn't his responsibility to warn him about the obvious dangers, so he didn't. Maybe getting a taste of divine retribution would set him straight. Finally the thief made his intentions clear on why he wanted Delanac's axe. The axe was one thing, but another person's boots? If he wanted to walk in another person's shoes he should take them when they weren't currently in use.

Delanac had been very patient putting up with the human's insults and patronizing attitude, but he felt he had heard enough. That blatant disrespect would result in the separation of his head from his shoulders someday, and hopefully he learned that before instead of after. What the orc found funny was how he believed that one had to be a pacifist to not 'fall back into the old ways'. There were plenty of ways to use physical force to get a point across. 

"So that's what your plannin' isn't it? Well it seems you've got yourself a plan." As he spoke, he subtly a cast paralysis spell on the man. The thief would soon feel his body stiffen and find himself unable to move.