Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Virens Forest > Home at Last. [P]
Jago Fleetfoot

Character Info
Name: Jago Fleetfoot
Alignment: CG
Race: Halfling
Class: Wizard
Silver: 0
The forest was ablaze with reds, oranges and yellows. It was the Jago’s favourite time of year; the nights were warm and bright, the crops were gathered, his belly full. A wry smile crossed his face as he produced a small metal tap from his pocket, he held it against the base of a large wooden barrel and aimed a mallet at it. A few moments later he was sat against his favourite oak tree, cup of cider in hand looking at his beautiful house. 

It was classic Halfling design, a small mound in the ground, burrowed in and hollowed out. A few fancy windows poked through the autumn moss exterior, and a small copper chimney stood atop the centre. The front door was circular, painted ruby red and decorated with an ornate plaque that read simply The Red Wizard.

Jago had designed, built and furnished his own house. (Mostly with magic.) It had taken him months to get it right, to fill it with all the fine things any self-respecting Halfling would own, and another week to fill the pantry. He took a sip from his cup, and just as he was about to fall into a lazy sleep he heard a noise. 

Instantly he was on his feet, his crooked red wizard’s hat atop his head, his cloak dancing in the summer breeze Jago appeared from the bushes in front of his house. With his mages staff in hand standing a proud height of three and a half feet he looked both ridiculous and slightly alarming. “Who are you?” He asked.

Holly

Character Info
Name: Holly
Alignment: TG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Bard
Silver: 323
Long curls of brown floated in the area as she wandered about the forest. Her lute of tranquility hung on the side of her hip. She had on a beautiful red and gold halter half top and an equally beautiful flowing skirt. The skirt was slit up to her thigh and her sash with gold coins hung off her hip. The red rose necklace was just above the sweetheart design of the top just as all of her siblings had.

Unstrapping her lute she began to strum softly as her bare feet hit the floor. She let out a soft sigh as she tried to find a troupe to travel around with. Finally it was a voice who stopped her in her tracks. Her silver eyes turned and went to look up at who said it. She was so use to men being taller then her that she was shocked when she looked down.

“Just a traveling bard,” she strummed her lute at him softly and smiled. “My name is Holly Rose.” She released the lute and bowed to him gracefully. “I sing for the magical people in the world and make dreams into songs and adventures into dances.” She came back up from the dip and strapped her lute once more to her hip.

A large sunflower came out of a bush. It was about as tall as the man was. “I was wondering where you were Sunny.” She leaned over and patted the sunflower. It let out similar noises as a cat would. “We would love to sing for you… That is unless we are bothering you my dearest halfling.”

The very core of life
Is soaring higher of truth and light

OOC: I am a Brittlez :3
Jago Fleetfoot

Character Info
Jenlu peered at her closely from under his red hat. He supposed she did look like a bard, if she caused him any trouble he planned to just turn her into a frog. She bowed and offered her name, Jago was a polite Halfling a responded with his own bow. “I am Jago Fleetfoot, and this is my Halfling home.” The red wizard smiled and removed his hat to reveal his tangle of dark hair. He flashed her a wide toothy grin as she continued to speak. As a rule Halflings liked a good drink in a decent tavern with a resident bard. He had a traveling bard on his door step! 

The sunflower followed its master. Jago looked at it carefully, what an astounding creature. His mind was made up, she could stay. “You may hang around tonight. I would enjoy a song or two, but first-.” Jago disappeared behind his red front door and emerged a few minutes later. At least his legs did, holding up a huge wicker basket filled with food. There were sandwiches, cakes, cheese, fruit, cured meats, pies and pastries. It didn’t take him a moment to lay all the food out with a few fancy plates on his table. “First we must eat, it would be rude not too!” Jago was clearly excited. As he rushed around sorting out the impromptu supper he collected another cup, and filled it with cider for his guest.

“This year’s apple cider, one of my best yet.” He added, as he held out the simple cup for her to take.    

Holly

Character Info
“Thank you Master Jago. I shall sing only the best songs tonight. Many of them were written for my mother’s ascension day long ago.” She undid her lute once more and smiled at him as disappeared within the house. Taking her time she sat down at his table. “Why thank you very much.” she chuckled as the supper was set up.

She took the cider and was quick to take a taste. “This is the best cider I’ve ever had! I’ve been all around so that is a mighty big compliment I give you Master Jago.” The bard smiled as she began to eat at the food. The girl was starving quite obviously. “You’ll have to forgive me. I’ve been traveling and looking for a troupe to play with. The only one who can sing with me is my Sunny.” She motioned towards the sunflower before putting the lute up on her lap.

She strummed a few notes. “A lot of these songs have to do with the seasons.” She played a few songs for him in between eating and drinking the cider. Sunny’s and her own voice reached the top of the trees as she sang of all the seasons thus far.

The very core of life

Jago Fleetfoot

Character Info
Jago gave her a wide toothy grin as she introduced herself, within her first sentence she explained that she was the daughter of a goddess. His smile didn’t flicker, he was a good wizard; he knew his gods. This woman was daughter of the Rosenite Goddess Angelia – The Mother. The Mother was the only deity Jago had met, it had been a brief encounter. (Jago had gotten the hell outta there after being chased by a pack of dogs.) She had been kind to him, and helped him escape. 

“You are very kind Holly.” Jago took a deep gulp of his cider, and topped up both glasses. It is in the nature of Halflings to be good hosts, sometimes too good. Staying with Halfling friends can dramatically increase the waist size. “Fill your boots; this is a Halfling house, there is plenty more inside.” As Holly sat at his table and ate, he cut himself a slice of pie and broke off the end with his fork. “Just call me Jago.” He shovelled the pie into his mouth, chewed and continued. “How long have you been searching for a troupe?”  

She danced and sang, the sunflower sang with her, it was a beautiful night. He kept the cider flowing. When she stopped for a breath he offered her another drink and cast his warm eyes over her face. “So where have you looked? There are many colleges and academy’s devoted to magic in these lands; perhaps there are places to go and learn to entertain?” Jago mused, he’d lit a pipe a full foot and a half long. (Almost exactly half his height.) “Where did you learn?”   

Holly

Character Info
“If I were any other way, my mother would kill me in an instant.” She grinned widely as he gave her an all you can eat spread. It was relaxing to be in a place where you were wanted, that was why she wanted a troupe. “For about a week or so. I had one but we had a conflict.” That was all she was going to say. She upset at Noata but at the same time she knew that she had grown a lot.

She took the mug from him as she sat down for a breather and laughed slightly. “I will be going to Parvpora soon. I’ve looked across the continent of Canelux for a new troupe but unfortunately rumors spread fast in the singing world. It is how we keep our songs flowing.” She thought for a moment, looking for the right answer to tell him.

“I learned from the bards who would come to mother. They would sing for her and wish for instruments made out of the wood of the temple. We live in a temple growing out of a large tree so it is considered blessed, though it is no World Tree.” She leaned over and stroked the halfling’s face. “I’ve learned in many places but my heart being so wounded as it is, perhaps I will just stay away from the troupe for now. Who knows.”

The very core of life