Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > An Urgent Message [O][R?]
Dala

Character Info
Name: Dala
Alignment: CG
Race: Human
Class: Student
Silver: 11882
Dala had been caught by a Boharan tribe while traveling through the plains. Yet, they were surprisingly kind to her. From their point of view, she was a teenager who lacked any money and her clothes were simple, suggesting she had little to offer. This particular tribe respected honor and robbing someone who had nothing to offer was a despicable act. The only reason why they couldn't let her go was due to the brewing war between the tribes and an Adelunian noble. They couldn't risk a spy going to the enemy. It was early in the morning just as Dala was waking up in her assigned tent, she heard the sound of people talking outside. The teenager left her tent and listened to what they were saying. The Adelunian's nobles were drawing near and were almost there. A group of archers had been spotted and were already positioned near the village, ready to snipe any tribesmen who left the village. They were unable to send a message to the other nearby tribesmen.

"I'm not a tribesman," Dala spoke up, "I'll go."

"You? But-"

"They still might go after you." The head tribesman interrupted, "And the ride won't be easy."

"That's a risk I'll just have to take." Dala retorted.

"Why-"

"Don't misunderstand me." The blonde teenager bluntly interrupted, "I have a personal interest in keeping Bohar land out of Adelunian noble hands."

The head tribesman's eyes were wide with surprise. This messy-looking woman had the behavior of a hardened queen facing battle, not some clueless girl that they had seen for the past couple of days. With a nod of his head, the man ordered for the fastest horse to be brought to her and gave her a brief set of directions to the other tribe camp. The plains were vast and seemingly unending in its hills. Once she had her supplies and the written letter, along with knowledge of the contents of that letter, she mounted her horse. The horse was a strong black riding horse, meant for fast rides and light travel.

Dala rode to the edge of the village and waited for the signal. The second she heard that whistling noise she urged her horse into a gallop. The horse was as fast as the wind and had enough endurance to make it to the other tribe. While she galloped away, the other tribesmen were creating distractions with their own horses to confuse any archers hiding in the plains. She had just enough time to get a head start on the archers and give her enough time. Dala continued riding until the sounds of the tribe and the sight of it were gone. Her ears picked up the heavy breathing from her horse and she slowed down to a trot. If she waisted her horse's energy now, she would be dead before she even got halfway there.

Suddenly, in the distance, she spotted another person. The teenager debated between fleeing or passing normally. If this was a normal traveler she would have nothing to fear. And even if it was one of the archers, they wouldn't suspect her as she looked nothing like the tribesmen. Dala continued her normal trot as they approached the traveler.