Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > New Friends [P]
Akira

Character Info
Name: Akira Sno
Alignment: CG
Race: Fox demon
Class: Curious child/ Venomancer
Silver: 1016
For the first time, Akira found her charm with animals can stumble and falter. The moment she laid eyes on the creature, she was in love. It was the fluffiest pony she had ever seen, its mane sterling white while its hide was a gorgeous light grey, a dark streak coloring its snout. Unfortunately for the kitsune, the pony enjoyed turning its head, laughing at her, and trot away.

She pouted a moment, hands on her hips. ”Listen here, boy! Akira will catch you, and you will be my friend!” Akira had attempted to earn some brownie points with a delicious red apple, a carrot, and some oats she found in her bag. While the pony did eat the offered gifts, it refused to allow Akira any closer than that. Each time she had attempted to even so much as pet its pelt, it would dart off.

The kitsune untied her obi, removed her kimono top so she was in a black skin-tight top tucked under her kimono’s matching skirt which only reached as far as her fingertips. She charged at the horse from behind. Hope surged through the kitsune as she got close. Akira jumped… and belly-flopped flat on her face as the pony pranced away. She propped herself up on her elbows and grinned at the horse. ”I see, you play hard to get!” Akira stretched and rolled over, tucking her hands behind her head as she stared up at the clouds. ”I get you soon. You see.”

Dala

Character Info
Name: Dala
Race: Human
Class: Student
Silver: 11882
 Dala had just finished with a mission and had stuffed the reward into her magical purple bag. Her next trip would be to Adeluna to share a bit of the treasure with her orphan friends and to find a new quest. Every day that she worked, was another step closer to her mission. By her side was a giant basilisk Emerald and perched on her shoulder was her baby golden dragon Clarice. Emerald made the quest a lot easier than it would have been if she was alone, but Dala was trying to not rely entirely on the giant snake. Years of being alone made it difficult to rely on anybody else, even they were a wonderful friend or a pet. One day….they would be gone. That was a fact of life, whether Dala liked it or not. She paused for a moment and took off her boots to shake the pebbles out. Emerald nudged her side, indicating that the giant snake was hungry. 

"You can go hunting Emerald. Just don't eat any people." Dala said with a smile. 

After giving Emerald a pat, the giant basilisk slithered through the grass, looking for a large meal. The giant snake could smell where each pony ran by its tongue but it wanted the biggest and the best. Meanwhile Dala was sitting on the ground, checking her map to find the fastest route to Adeluna. There were several routes to take, the fastest route would be more dangerous but one of the other routes would be too slow. She decided to go with the third route that wouldn't be too slow but it would be less dangerous than the first. Once she looked up from her map, she spotted a girl with white hair and fox ears chasing down a pony. Then she realized that Emerald was heading towards the same pony. Dala dashed towards Emerald and managed to get in front of it just as the Basalisk was about to get the pony. 

"No Emerald, not this one!" She shouted. 

Emerald paused and made a slithering noise. 

"Yes but that girl is clearly going after it." Dala explained, "There are plenty of other ponies in the field. Let the fox girl have this one." 

Emerald made a little noise but followed Dala's instructions. With a sigh of relief, Dala plopped back on the ground as Emerald slithered off to find and eat some other pony. Looking back to the girl, she headed over to see if the stranger was alright. She looked at the girl and thought that Akira looked a bit thin. That could just be people's body type but Dala decided it probably wasn't. She reached into her bag and took out a loaf of bread wrapped up in a napkin. 

"You look hungry. Take some." Dala said then suddenly grew flustered, "Not that I care or anything! I just had some extra food to get rid of!"

Her face was slightly pink with embarrassment as she did her best to hide that she did care. 

Akira

Character Info
The moment a shadow covered her face, Akira blinked. A dark eyed blonde girl stood over her. She sat up and smiled up at the girl, watching as she reached into her bag. The kitsune was unexpectedly taken aback as a wrapped loaf was handed to her. Hesitantly, Akira took the bread, not exactly sure how to react. ”Um… Thank you?” Once more, the friendly smile crept back onto her face.

”Akira have idea. Share with me?” She tore the loaf in half and offered it back to the friendly girl. ”That’s a pretty dragon.” Akira took a bite of the bread as she stood to get a better look at the small lizard. ”Shiny scales, good luster. Girl?” The kitsune observed thoughtfully as she reached into her own bag and pulled out a small piece of dried meat to offer the creature. ”Look young. Baby, yes?”

Her amber gaze drifted to gaze upon the pony she had been trying to catch, thinking about all the pets at home. ”I have lots of friends. Like that one. He don’t know it yet, but he my friend, too.” She pointed to the pony before looking back at the child before her and gasped. ”Oh I’m sorry, My name is Akira Sno-Nash.”

Dala

Character Info
For a moment Dala was worried she scared the girl. Although Akira was physically older, she seemed to speak like she was younger. When Akira offered out the half of bread, Dala's eyes widened for a moment. She was used to taking care of everyone. Her stomach growled and she took the bread with a small smile. Taking her seat next to the girl and tore at the bread with her teeth like she was an animal. Dala listened to Akira as she observed her baby dragon Charise. The dragon sat on Dala's shoulder, clearly proud of her clean scales. The dragon spotted the piece of dried meat and snapped its small jaws around the meal, barely missing Akira's fingers. Dala managed to swallow the bread and gave her dragon a glare.

"Be more careful Charise. She doesn't have gloves."
She gave her dragon a small scolding. 

The dragon merely made a huffing noise and focused on chewing its meal. A strong personality for a strong dragon. But Dala didn't mind. She was careful to train her dragon in both manners and how to be a dragon. Although Charise had an occasional attitude, her dragon was still well behaved. Then the little dragon curled around her arm and relaxed, knowing it was safe with its owner. 

"Yeah Charise is a baby girl." Dala said with a proud smile, "And she's the best dragon in all the world! She's got golden scales and can fly!"

It didn't matter if there were actual better dragons, Charise was her dragon and therefore Charise was the best. Dala cared for her little dragon and was determined to help her become strong. Akira pointed out the pony that she was determined to capture. The pony would probably become the girl's friend. Even if it was a stubborn creature, she doubted it would turn away food. Dala stood up suddenly and placed her hands on her hips. 

"Oh my name is Dala!" She introduced herself, "A future princess queen lady! Nice to meetcha!" 

She still didn't get the titles. If she built a kingdom, did that make her a princess, queen or lady? But that was a mystery for later. 

Akira

Character Info
Akira giggled softly as the dragon took its meal, barely missing her fingers. "Oh it fine. I been bit many times. And scratched, and trampled." Taking care of her pets at home was a pleasant pass time, no matter how damaged she may turn out to be in the beginning. There was nothing they could do to her that hasn't already been done before. She reached out and gently rubbed under the dragon's chin after it curled on the girl's arm. "I has dragons too. Like five or more."

She stood after the introduction and gave a deep bow. It wasn't in a mocking gesture, but jovial playfulness. "An honor, your princess queen ladyship. Akira be a humble daughter of a past god, awaiting your orders." Giggling, she straightened up and gazed out at the pony. "I never had an animal resist my … um…" What did Celeste call it? "Magnitude? I don't know, but, Mommy Celeste say it when animals easily like me. But I think he just playing."

The kitsune smiled at the younger girl. "Hey, Dala, want to see a unicorn?" She thrust her hand back into her bag and rummaged around until she pulled out a small crystalline statuette, handing it to the girl. "His name Silvermist. If you pure in heart, you can make him real. Just whisper in his ear 'I need your aid, Silvermist', and he will grow."

Dala

Character Info
Five dragons! That was impressive. Dala herself only had one, technically. The other one she had trained in exchange for it being her ally but that was different. After seeing AKira give a deep bow, Dala couldn't help but chuckle. It was the first time she'd met somebody her own age that wasn't in an orphanage. The girl appeared to be a traveler and a powerful one too. She didn't know who Celeste was but she did understand what Akira meant by Magnitude. A type of charisma that attracted animals and made them easily tamed by her. Those dragons and any other animals she'd tamed took a lot of work. It wasn't often that Dala found kids around her age who were capable of that. Even if she was olderish, that was still an impressive feet.

"I've heard of something like that. Where certain people were able to draw in animals by their presence." Dala said.

If the pony wasn't working, then maybe it was too wild? Dala knew very little of animals beyond her Emerald and Charise. The giant snake was trained when she received it and the dragon was a pain in the ass to train. A beautiful gorgeous dragon but still a pain. Otherwise she just knew what animals to hunt and which to avoid. Did monsters count as animals? That was something she would have to figure out later. Suddenly the kitsune mentioned a unicorn and Dala's attention snapped to Akira.

"Did you say unicorn?"
She asked with wide excited eyes.

Akira pulled out a small purple crystalline statuette of a unicorn. Even if this was the unicorn and it had no magical properties, Dala would have been pleased. She had the biggest smile on her face and handled the unicorn like it was a sacred treasure. Besides dragons, unicorns were her favorite animals. The little girl had always dreamed of seeing a real unicorn.

"I need your aid, Silvermist." Dala whispered into its ear as she placed it onto the ground. 

Soon the unicorn grew larger and larger until it was the size of a real life unicorn. Its purple crystal coat had a silver shimmer and its elegance was pristine. Dala's face had grown into an even wider smile as she realized what had just happened. This was a real life crystal unicorn right in front of her. She ran over to Akira and embraced her tightly, for bringing her the sight of a unicorn. Then she released the poor kitsune and began bouncing up and down. 

"Its a real life unicorn!!!!" The child squealed, "Thank you Akira! I've always wanted to see one of these! I can't believe I'm looking at a real life unicorn! This is the best day in all of existence!"

Akira

Character Info
She watched as the child held her precious statuette, treating it like the sacred treasure of a diety. The excitement from Dala was easily picked up on as she whispered to Silvermist and placed him on the ground. Watching the magic of him growing would never get old for the kitsune. From the size of a pixie's mount to an adult equine was a large scale to traverse. Akira couldn't help but smile as she was given a tight hug, giggling as the child bounced up and down.

"I'm glad." Silvermist shook his mane before pressing his velvety nose against Akira's cheek. He was patiently waiting to assist them in all their adventures. Seeing Dala excitedly bounce reminded Akira of the boys back in Hoja Mesto, which inevitably brought her right back to Xiek and Lewis. "I had hoped to show you to Lewis one day, Silvermist… But…" Akira spoke sorrowfully as she stroked the unicorn's muzzle. "I gotta grow up. It's the only way." He whined softly at her and pushed against her.

"Oh, it wasn't me who called you, this time. Dala did," Akira spoke, forgetting to mention she could understand what the animals were saying. He snorted and struck his hoof against the ground with another shake of his head. "I'll ask. Dala, would you like to ride Silvermist? He doesn't like to be called just to be admired." It was an odd thing to say, but Silvermist truly did enjoy helping Akira when she needed him. "I'll ride behind you, maybe we can catch that silly pony and I can ride him beside you."

Dala

Character Info
Dala heard that note of sadness in Akira's voice and could only wonder what had happened. It involved this Lewis person and if she ever met him, she would have questions…to say the least. But first, UNICORN! The child watched as Akira spoke to the unicorn. Confusion crossed her face until she realized that Akira must have a skill that allowed her to communicate with animals. Either that or she was a mind reader. For horses. Then Akira asked if Dala wanted to ride the unicorn. The fact that she was shown the unicorn was amazing, but now Akira was offering to let her ride it?! 

"Yes. Please." Dala said trying to contain her thrill. 

There was only one problem. She didn't have experience riding horses, let alone unicorns. Everywhere she went the girl had either hitched a ride or walked. Usually it was a walk unless she could pull the sympathy strings of some stranger. The only animal she rode was her snake but she had a feeling it was different from horses. Looking over to Akira, she had a sheepish look on her face. 

"I um don't know how to ride horses…" The girl admitted, "Never had the money for a horse. Or riding lessons."

It was a bit embarrassing to admit. And she knew that in time she would have to learn. Horseback was important knowledge for any ruler or even the simplest of squires. A true leader knew how to ride or they wouldn't get far in life. Dala also knew that they couldn't catch a silly pony with someone who was unexperienced with horses, even if the beautiful unicorn could handle a first time rider. 

Akira

Character Info
To say that Dala was thrilled was an understatement. It was nice to see how much the girl loved Silvermist, to admire him like Akira had the first day she got him. But then, the nervous confession look came over Dala, and Akira instantly began to jump to conclusions to figure out how to fix it. However, the confession was simple.

She smiled at Dala patiently. ”For a long time, Akira not know either. But, Silvermist taught me. He can teach you too! Here, come closer.” Akira motioned Dala closer. Silvermist raised a hoof and held it there. ”Use his hoof as a step. Take his mane in your grip and hop up.” She stayed near Dala as she worked on mounting the horse, to catch her if she fell. The unicorn was patient with the children. Once Dala was up, Akira clambered up behind her, speaking over the child’s shoulder as she directed her hands.

”Hold his mane here if you’re afraid of falling. Or, simply rest your hands here, on his shoulders. Use your knees to keep your balance. When you are ready, give him a gentle pat, okay? We’ll go at your pace.” Akira’s speech cleared up with her age as she took the time to explain things to Dala. It was a natural transition, one she hadn’t noticed herself. Helping Dala was her primary concern, all of her other worries and problems slid away, forgotten for now.

Dala

Character Info
For a moment, Dala was afraid. She didn't want to hurt the horse by stepping on its hoof. But with Akira's gentle guidance, she was able to get onto the horse's back. The horse's mane was surprisingly soft yet strong. The world looked vastly different on the horse. She'd been on the back of her snake but her snake still moved close to the ground. The unicorn had the patience of a saint especially since once Dala was on she was keeping a tight grip on his mane. It wasn't until Akira clambered up behind her that she felt comfortable. She trusted Akira and knew with her around, things would go easier. Her hands freed the unicorn's mane and she moved them to his shoulders. The child followed Akira's instructions to use her knees to keep her balance. At first she was still wobbly as she wasn't squeezing enough but she finally got it right. After giving the unicorn a gentle pat, the horse began to walk slowly. 

"How do you tell the unicorn where you need to go?" Dala asked. 

Despite her hesitance towards the unicorn and cheeky personality, the child was a curious individual. She wanted to know how to ride a unicorn and wanted to be good at it. The gears inside her mind turned as she listened to Akira's instructions. Something Dala noticed was Akira's sudden clear speech pattern. She was using full sentences and proper verbs in her instructions. Dala dared not mention it, lest she become distracted from the horse riding lesson. 

"We can go a little faster." She suggested. 

The girl's appreciation towards Akira grew with every moment. Dala wanted to find some way to give back to Akira, not because she had to but because she wanted to. Akira deserved something special. It couldn't be an animal since, judging by the five dragons thing, Akira probably had more than enough animals. She had to think up of something different. Dala let those thoughts fall aside as she refocused herself on the horse riding lesson.