Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Recognition, at last. (P/R - Ascension)
Raith

Character Info
Name: Raith
Alignment: CE
Race: Part Minadrias-Part Diowolf
Class:
Silver: 3483
((This thread is for Raith's ascension, the events have been fast forwarded slightly to accommodate this))

If it had not been for Valandil's pained, grief stricken call, Raith would never have realised that anything had happened to his mother at all. Silence had immediately turned his gaze from Alairia's position, casting his eyes to the falling, three headed Dragon, that had appeared once more in the sky above the Plains. She had vanished not too long ago, something about feeling a pull of a darker energy, and wishing to head it off at the pass if she could. He had sneered at that, how typical of his mother, how very like her, to sacrifice her life for others in such a 'selfless' fashion. No thought to those she would leave behind, to the father who would lose his wife and his sons all in one fell swoop… no… only to the 'greater good'. It was selfish, not in the way she might recognise it, but it was. And he hated her for it. 
And yet… watching her swift descent from the Gate, there was a moment of conflict, as he heard the wails of those who loved his mother - those that had become family… because of Alairia. Curse Kythe, and all that she fucking stood for! He hated her, he loathed her, he always had, that rage had never subsided, not even now he had got to know her… he'd just come to tolerate her… but Alairia saw his mother as family, and she loved her, and he loved Alairia, which meant that he could not abide seeing her upset. 

Tucking his wings against his slender, Draconic frame, the angry man dropped swiftly from the sky, all other enemies forgotten for the moment, he had work to do, and it could not wait. The sounds of the battlefield dropped away, his wings flicking out to slow his descent at the last minute, transforming into his Elven form and sprinting through the members of the Nosse to the fallen frame of his mother, who had shifted into her own Elven form moments before she crashed into the ground. He could hear the cries of grief already, could hear the begging and the desperation of those who loved her as they shook her limp frame. He saw all of this through Silence's eyes - had Kiba not died recently as well? He was unsure how much heartache his beloved Ria could take this day, she cared for these people more than he did, even Dae did, though his friend was probably less likely to show concern in the same fashion. 
Sliding across the ground, his feet slipping in the blood and bile that covered the ground as he hurried to his mother's side. Even as he reached out to cradle her head in his lap, he snarled at her, his emotions in conflict with one another. "Not today mother," he spat the word at her, sightless eyes fixed upon her face as he put one hand to her chest, over her heart, and the other to the ground beneath them. "If anyone is going to kill you, then it shall be I."

Taking his dagger from his belt he cut the palms of both his hands, concentrating he called upon the innate magic he had inherited from her, focusing on stealing the life force from the earth beneath them rather than the people on the battlefield, and forcing the life he had stolen into his mother's swiftly failing body. Gritting his teeth, he snarled, almost disgusted at himself at the fact that he was saving her. All this time he had wanted to see her dead, and now this? A shudder of revulsion ran down his spine, but he did not stop, continuing to draw life from the ground and give it to his mother - the grass and plants dying around him, in an ever growing circle. 
A smirk crossed his face as he felt several enemies cross into his field, dragging their life out from them immediately. Kythe's heartbeat grew stronger, and Raith heard her take a deep inhalation. He waited a moment or two more before he was satisfied, pushing the now revived woman away from his form. "Before you think to thank me, don't bother, thank Alairia for the fact that she loves you," he hissed, pushing himself to his feet, shaking his head and flicking his wings irritably. "Otherwise I would have brought you back merely to kill you here and now." 

Raith; God of Wrath and the Heavens, Wrath Incarnate, Commander of the Celestial Fires, The Blind God and The Endless Rage

Raith's God Abilities:
1. As his rage increases, so too does his physical strength and the strength of his magic.
2. Able to call upon ‘Celestials’, physical beings from the Stars who will come to his aid, can call up to 10 at a time depending on the size and power they possess
3. Can wield Celestial Fire, essentially the fiery essence of a star, in a raging inferno
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Name: Angela Rose-Volkov
Alignment: CG
Race: Rosenite
Class: Goddess/Herbalist/Advisor
Silver: 17895
There was an oddity on the battlefield. She could feel Kythe dying but with the massive front that had just attacked, she had been too preoccupied with the hundreds that had been crushed. Angela had managed to heal and protect. While the gods drove the others away. Now that she was free she could rush to see why the life was being drained but also she could feel Kythe getting better. She was well aware of how Kythe’s race’s abilities worked so it had to be one of them.

However, the horrors weren’t done and Angela sprung into action. The earth swelled and she was riding on top of it again. From the tall wave, she could see Raith and Kythe. She could sense their bloodlines and she knew that Raith was somehow related to Kythe. The large eldritch came out of nowhere swatting down a large appendage towards Raith and Kythe threatening to squish them. Earth swarmed them like a cocoon and Angela through her hands up in front of them. “Are you both alright?” Her eyes looked back at them.

She was studying them both but the earth cracked a little and she was forced to put all of her attention onto the creature. There was a grunt from Angela as she brought a hand down and tried to force an attack from the earth. The cocoon broke and she was slapped back. “VOICE, I can’t protect them and attack at the same time.” She ran back over to put back up a barrier. This was one that was more well made and with all of her energy. It looked more like a shield.

“I need help and all the other gods are on the other front fighting this thing… Please, do something.” She wasn’t used to begging but she didn’t have much of a choice. She looked at Raith. “It’s taking all of my strength to make sure that this barrier doesn’t fall… The creature is at worst going to keep hitting it now that I’m here but I might be able to get you and Kythe out. There will be a small window of time but I don’t know if it will be good enough.” She winced as another appendage hit the barrier. Gods this thing was strong even for her ultimate defense.

She shrunk the barrier to reinforce it with more magic before the next hit and she seemed to fair much better. “A little help NOW WOULD BE NICE,” she yelled at the Voice some more. Anything… They needed just about anything or anyone and it would have to be a miracle.

OOC: Brittlez the lovable Head Admin and Server Mom
IC: Angela is The Weaver of Life and Love.
Angela's 3 God Rules
1. Angela can create a garden of protection and healing around her on command.
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Raith

Character Info
Class:
He felt the dread, but did not see the thing descending to destroy himself, and his newly recovered mother. Silence, given his name because of his selected mutism, Hussein angrily at the oncoming Eldritch beast, bearing down upon them. He sent the Drake away from him, clutching Silence in his hands and throwing him as hard as he was physically able to - he would not see his loyal companion harmed if he could help it, Silence has been his eyes, had never asked for help or reward for his service, this was the least Raith could do for him considering their impending doom…
That was until the earth consumed them, shielding the, from the monstrosities attack, and suddenly there was a Goddess before them. “All things considered… quite well,” Raith snarled, rolling his sightless eyes at the Deity as he snapped at her ridiculous question. 

His is mother stood beside him, he could almost feel her need to help Angela and it caused the fire of his rage to ignite once more. Even after being brought back from the edge of death, the incorrigible woman had not changed, even now, her first instinct was to step straight back into the fray, to give her life up all over again. He hated her, he hated her even more for wanting to throw away the gift he had just given to her - despite his obvious disgust at her very existence, he had fought down the bile and saved her sorry life. And for what?! 

He felt Angela’s eyes upon him as she spoke, what in fuck did she expect him to do about it?! He was strong, he prides himself on that, and there was that niggling pull at the back of his mind, like something scratching to be let in… Go… now.  a voice seemed to call in the back of his mind, causing him to scowl and shake his head irritably, missing what Angela had said as he tried to dismiss it.
You know what to do, she asked for help, show her that I sent it to her, while she was busy protecting you, I sent you to her some time ago now. The voice seemed to reiterate, causing the blind man to scowl further. What in the…

he did not see the appendage, as it began its descent once more upon the barrier, ready to shatter it, he felt the shift in the air, the flames of his wrath growing exponentially in ways he had never known before… and with an angry roar that echoed across the Plains, Raith called upon the power he felt within himself - focusing upon the fire in his heart, the Dragon within his soul and the skies above, as he called upon the Celestial fire of the stars, the flames welcomingly warm where it would have burnt anyone else.
“Move. Lest you get caught in my inferno,” he snarled, low in his throat as he stepped around Angela’s barrier, smirking at the power flowing through himself as he swung his fist at the appendage - his fist connecting, flames jumping from his body to wrap around the tentacle, shooting up to the main body of the now flailing beast. “The Voice sent me.” he said smugly.

Raith; God of Wrath and the Heavens, Wrath Incarnate, Commander of the Celestial Fires, The Blind God and The Endless Rage

Raith's God Abilities:
1. As his rage increases, so too does his physical strength and the strength of his magic.
2. Able to call upon ‘Celestials’, physical beings from the Stars who will come to his aid, can call up to 10 at a time depending on the size and power they possess
3. Can wield Celestial Fire, essentially the fiery essence of a star, in a raging inferno
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
Ang expected the snap but she scoffed for just a few seconds. “That’s not the alright I was meaning.” Her words fell short as she prepared for the next few minutes of the attack. “The ability to heal wounds using one’s life force. That’s what the Minadrias can do. You used the earth around you but it is a strong and powerful thing. I can see and feel you are alright health-wise.”

The sense of Kythe moving and knowing her well enough caused Angela to pause even more in her actions. “Kythe no.” She snapped her eyes back at her. “This is too big for you to chew. If I can’t do anything here… You can’t either. Just rest, for now, that’s the most you can do to help in this situation. If I have to worry more about you two we’ll end up in a worse position. This is the worst possible situation I had planned.” She bit at her lip.

“I had seven hundred plans of action and the worst one was where I ended up on the field saving civilians that went up against this.” There was no clear answer that she could have planned in advance. Surprisingly she was calm but that was the healer in her. To not be calm would spread panic to those she was trying to protect and right now the most she could offer was yelling to the Voice for help. She was no fighter at the end of the day.

Then there was that familiar feeling of god ascendance right next to her. That cheeky bastard. “You’ll do well.” Angela looked to Kythe now and summoned Kiba to her side. “Get her out of here now. Take her back to base and make sure everyone nearby gets out of here. We will finish this.”

There wasn’t time to fight with her so Kiba had gated with Kythe. Angela stood around and waited for just a few seconds while Raith began his assault. Her eyes were on the battlefield. To most, it would look like hesitation or like Angela was getting ready to run but for those who knew her best… They would realize she was surveying the life on the plains around them.

“I’m not worried about getting burned,” Angela finally spoke as the earth let out a groan. The creaking and cracking started up. “There are bigger worries here.” Angry eyes looked up to the Eldritch beast as the earth lashed out with primal screeches.

Rising up around them were tall walls of hardened stone creating a massive arena that trapped them with the eldritch being. The eldritch beast went to clash against them and the walls spiked outwards damaging them like thorns on a rose. “Let us end this now.” The life that Raith had extinguished to bring Kythe back shot back to life in a roaring tempest of power. She would use rocks and other minerals in this fight since Raith was clearly using fire.

“We must push it back through the gate and seal it. This isn’t it’s real form.” Angela yelled up. “Once we have enough force and get it back we can use our divinity together to create a temporary seal. Hopefully, once we do that the other gods will take notice.” She had recognized he had no sight but she figured he could feel the void tear that was nearby. Towers shot of the ground and intricately avoided Raith and his movements as they slammed against the beast.

Angela's 3 God Rules
2. Angela has supreme control over her domains and can trump the efforts of all others.
3. Angela can bestow her blessing upon the earth, accelerating the growth and vitality of all life present.
Raith

Character Info
Class:
Raith snorted, rolling his sightless eyes. "It is hardly taxing, not when I take the life from the world around me. Saving my mother's life is more damaging than anything," he snarled, wings flicking on his back, irritated at the very thought. "Listen to the Goddess mother, I know you are loathe to listen to Deities, but for once why not curb your rebellious heart," he added, smirking at Kythe as Angela told her to rest. 
"Time you learnt to curb your tongue, son of mine," Kythe replied, her tone flat, threatless but clearly unshaken by his attitude… which only irked him further, he'd hoped to get a rise out of her at least. Never mind, there was bigger issues at hand, like the monstrosity they faced in that moment.

"Naturally," Raith replied as he stepped alongside Angela, smirking with amusement as he felt the power of his Godhood flowing through his very veins, amused as he felt his mother's eyes boring into his back in surprise at what had clearly just transpired. He turned his head towards her slightly, as Kiba arrived to remove her from immediate danger, a brief though flashing across his mind - that he wondered if his mother would live up to her title… and seek to slay her son, should he too get out of hand as Father had in Myna. 
With his mother out of the way, he had sprung into action, determined to prove the strength he had always known he had possessed, and maybe shock some of those who did not know him particularly well as of yet. Including Angela. 

"Gladly!" Raith roared in delight, his anger rising at the creatures sheer audacity at existing, the flames surrounding his form answering the wrath in his heart, as they too grew in size and intensity. "Agreed, I hope that the rest of our kin are as quick to react as we, I cannot abide those in power who sit upon their laurels," he added, bringing his hands together, the clap echoing around them as the flames shot forward to batter at the main body of the horror they currently faced. While Raith could not physically see the Gate which Angela referred to, he could feel it's pull… something about it was almost tempting - something calling out to the rage within the man. Oh no, it would not have him, and it would not take that which had now been given to him. 
Smiling to himself, wings beating the air to bring him level with the creature, he took a deep inhalation, focused on a memory of Xyaban, and felt his power surge alongside his anger, the flames dangerously thrashing as he pushed them forward, forcing the Eldritch beast back towards the tear. "Angela! One last push; if you have it in you," he called, intentionally being irritating, hoping to hit a nerve somewhere that might cause a surge or rage within the Goddess as well. 

Raith's God Abilities:
Angela Rose
Deity
Administrator

Character Info
“They should. The others are not to dull to not realize the situation, at least I would certainly hope not.” After all, she had to tell Raith the situation because she had just realized it. She knew not how quick on the draw the others would be. Adraejen could yes and maybe Shiloh as well… The others, it did make her worry but the hope was that they could all come together for this last push towards victory.

His words did nothing to her and she remained calm and collective. He was trying to egg her on but what he didn’t know was the overflowing rage that had already been there. “Know not what you ask me to do… but see it for yourself.” The words were almost like a whisper as they reached his ears. The earth exploded with rocks and trees shooting towards the creature for the final push.

On a singular sharp point, the goddess was balanced on what almost looked like a stalagmite. “For the life and the earth all rage around enough for all of us Raith.” She didn’t remember ever being given a name but she imagined that it was part of her duties towards the Voice for her to know. The earthquakes amplified and were even in the skies now as the rocks and debris continued to emit the shake the goddess was giving off.

The creature let out an ear-shattering noise as it was pushed back by the force of the two gods. The elder goddess quickly hopped onto the large sections of earth that were flying through the air towards the creature. She was fast and clearly not as weak as before. She had been intentionally holding back for this moment because she knew they would need it.

It looked like the green glowing sun in the sky by the time she reached the highest point of the dirt formations. She lowered her hand and it clashed into the beast with Raith’s last attack. The creature propelled itself backward and she followed the raining earth from the sky as her hands came up. Golden magic left her palms as it began to stitch itself through the tear. “Now Raith, feel the shard of your divinity and bring it out like you would any other magic.” A tree shot up and propped the goddess up on her high ledge so she didn’t fall any further. “And stitch the tear.”

Angela's 3 God Rules
Raith

Character Info
Class:
The man laughed at her words, "Would, that I could!" He all spat at her, blind eyes turned in her direction as he felt the world around him explode, relishing in the deep-seated anger he felt emanating from the Goddess. Good! Her anger fuelled his own, the God of Wrath devouring the feeling of it just by their proximity to one another, his physical strength and that of the flames increasing with every moment - in truth he would have to curb it before long, the heat would begin the set the rest of the world alight if he were not careful.
"And they fuel my own rage all the more," he uttered softly, his words husky and full of the enjoyment in that small fact, he was filled with the elation of it… but the joy was swallowed by the ever growing anger, the fire filled with fury that consumed his heart and mind, threatening to consume him.

Wings beating the air, Raith kept himself out of Angela's way, dodging her attacks and aiding them with his own strength, grasping a few of the rocks she threw at the beast and forcing them forward with the strength that powered him now. He was enjoying this, almost to the point that he did not wish for this battle to end - though common sense pulled him back to himself, and the newly ordained God reminded himself that his beloved was amongst those below this terrible scene.
He turned his head towards Angela's voice as she called out to him, the man nodding as he flew up to the Goddess' side, hovering next to her as he too called upon the shard within himself, casting out his divinity as he would any other magic, aiding her in mending the tear.

Raith's God Abilities: