Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Out in the Public [P.R]
Uial

Character Info
Name: Uial
Alignment: LN
Race: Human - Dragon Infused
Class: Matriarch of Jiyu Clan
Silver: 1832
Her demon hunters were ready. Her hunters were willing. Her hunters were strong. Uial stood in a private encampment that had been erected separate from the rest of the continent. A large tent had been put in place for her to sit overlooking the field of battle laid out on a map. Small figures were placed to represent those that were already taking up their places of war. The Matriarch sat on an elevated cushion while looking down at her map. The Elder Council stood in silence already in armor for battle. She was rather pleased that they were not as audible in their arguments of her being the first Royal of the Clan to be outside the Village. Now was not the time to be concerned with traditions. Uial knew that her hunters were absolutely necessary to keep the beasts at bay.

For the moment, the Matriarch remained silent. She could hear the beasts in the distance as they battled against whatever they could find. Uial maintained a light smile upon her lips when she finally lifted her gaze to those that waited upon her word. They were beginning to fall into line. She shifted to allow the red and black armor clink lightly underneath her long war dress. ”We are to use the Ito’s. I have already spoken with Hatori on this. He agrees to it. With him, we shall have the others. Not only will their strength aide us, but we will be able to make our power known.” The queen stood up with hands clasped in front of her to exchange glances with each of her Council.

She waved a hand to her Council members to allow them to leave. Once they left out of the tent flap, Uial turned to Michael who remained at her side as always. Her lips turned into a loving smile before she wrapped her arms around the archangel. Head rested upon his chest to listen to the breath contained within. ”We are to war,” she said softly. There was no fear or worry in her tone. She was sure of what to do when it came to leading her people. Uial knew that her people were to follow her unto whatever end.

Head pulled back to look up at her love. ”You are going to fight, aren’t you? You are going to go into battle against those creatures. I won’t stop you. Never could I stop you from doing anything, but I need you to take care when out there. The reports….these ghastly creatures must not touch you.” The look on her face for once showed concern. Matriarch was always confident, but when it came to Michael she could feel herself break.

The tent flap opened to allow the remnants of the sun in. Her head snapped quickly to see that her brother had strode in. A glare was shot his way before it softened. It was time for her to lead. ”My apologies to you Matriarch and Michael. We need to make a move. The host has spread out further on the field. The main encampment establish have their shield….but those who leave it are not doing as well as we had hoped.” Cole was wearing his usual red and black armor that mirrored his Matriarch’s. White hair was put into proper place while his skin looked the usual caramel color. Uial inhaled lightly before nodding her head.

”Then we will move. It is time to prove our people to the public. A rather intense statement to be made to the world. We shall no longer hide ourselves away.” Uial gripped Michael’s arm before leaving the tent. Cole followed dutifully behind and she was sure Michael would as well. She had to put on the air of Matriarch. Hunters quieted as their Queen arrived. Their encampment was well established. Enchantments were put in place as well as their own shield of sorts.

”Hunters. We go to battle. I give you few words to take with you on the battlefield. Listen to your commanders. Come home to your clan.” A quiet continued through her people. Then in an instant a loud, equal voice from them lifted Ho. Ho. HO!” Their weapons were lifted in the air to emphasize each declaration.

Jiyu Clan was for war.

Michael

Character Info
Name: Michael
Alignment: LG
Race: Archangel
Class: Guardian Angel
Silver: 1459
Michael had not uttered a word, while the Jiyu had set up their encampment, he had merely leant a hand and kept his head down. The Archangel had been extremely hard, if not impossible, to read throughout the move onto the Plains from the Village he had come to call his home. Stood in his armour, he looked nothing short of glorious - more like a painted doll than a warrior… and if he was honest he had felt like it, stood silently beside Uial while she directed her Hunters, her people. His people? Their people, in the tasks at hand and the strategies before them. 
It had been a miracle to see the Elders silent when Uial had announced that she was leaving the safety of the Village to join in the fight with the clan - but he had expected no less of his lover, and he supposed neither had they. Uial was nothing, if not unconventional, so of course she would not sit upon her Throne and send her people to their potential deaths, not with a enemy upon their doorstep. 

The sounds of their opponent had echoed across the Plains for some time now; whenever one of the larger amongst their number joined the chorus, Michael would look up, his blue eyes positively glowing with ethereal energy, his blonde hair having taken on a golden 'halo' in response. Internally, Michael was going through exactly what he needed to do, while trying to swallow his fears - not for himself, he had been designed a soldier after all, what fears did he have in that sense? No. Fear for those he loved - for Teu, who he knew was on the battlefield alongside her family (though should she fall foul of anything he would be beside her in a heartbeat, she knew that, he knew that and Uial did too - he had his oath and he had his loyalty to her even now) but more importantly he had Uial… he loathed the idea of her being amongst the beasts they faced - but he also knew what was at stake, and he could never have asked her to step away from this if he was going to be here, alongside her people. 
His eyes flickered to his lover as she spoke to her Council, Uial had tutored him in her people and their traditions and he knew of the persecution the Ito's faced even amongst their own clan. He wondered whether they would argue against the use of the cursed and secret shame of the Jiyu clan? Thankfully there was not one word of dissension amongst them, and they left once Uial officially dismissed them from her tent. 

His stoney expression softened the moment he had her in is arms, holding her tightly against his body, one hand gently stroking her hair as he looked at the woman who had captured his heart so completely. He loosened his grip on her slightly as she moved to look at him, his eyes meeting her own. "Your people are my people, I can no more stand back and watch them fight than you can Uial, I have no right to. If I can fell some of those foul beasts and protect that which is ours, that which is mine, then I must," he uttered softly, placing a hand under her chin, relishing in the feeling of her skin against his fingers. "I will be careful, just so long as you will," he chuckled, leaning down to kiss her passionately on her lips. 
As the tent opened and Cole entered, Michael kept an arm around Uial's shoulders, nodding to the man in greeting. "Teu stands with the Nosse, they have sent word that they will be on the front lines, but they have squads waiting should any allies require aid, should we need them we need only call for them," Michael said with a nod, though he had a feeling that Uial wanted to prove her Clan's prowess this day. 

He took a moment, allowing his lover and her brother to lead the way, before he followed a step behind the twins. As he joined the others, he spotted a familiar face amongst their number, but one that did not belong. "Brother?" He queried, unsure that what he thought he was seeing was, in fact, what he was seeing. 
Sammael chuckled, stepping forward to clasp arms with his brother. "I heard the world was ending, thought I might see if I could put a stop to it, or at least delay it somewhat."
"And for that I am grateful… I did not expect to see you here."
"Here specifically, or in battle?"
"Either, but I am glad you are here."
"It's not just me… the others have come to battle as well, not with us specifically… but I know Raegul has found herself on the battlefield at least, which must mean that Lucifer is with her, and Arti is about somewhere, she's already nagging at me from afar."
Michael chuckled slightly, hand still gripping his brother's arm. "That is good to hear… though Raegul using Cataclysm wouldn't be wise…"
"I doubt she has the strength. Rumour has it that's how they're all here in Revaliir, she wouldn't be able to call it forth so soon after the last summons." 
Michael nodded, eyes flickering to his lover. "I should introduce you to Uial, but I had hoped for a better reason for it."
"Later, now is the time to go war brother. It has been a long time since you and I stood side by side in this way."

Yes. It had. Millennia in fact… and Michael had hoped that the Host would never have to go to war like this ever again… Nodding to Sammael he strode after Uial, the two Angels joining the Jiyu in their war cry. 
Kuro

Character Info
Name: Kyo Ito
Alignment: CN
Race: Cursed Human - Nekomata infused
Class: Outcast of the Branch family - Ito clan
Silver: 242
Kyo stood amongst his clan, arms crossed over his chest, glaring at everyone around him. One amongst their number, he wasn't sure who for they had been hidden within the crowd, had stated that he should feel honoured that he had been let out of his glorified cage… after all, it wasn't every day that a monster was called upon to be a 'hero'. Shigure and Hatori had swiftly quelled the rage that had threatened to envelope him at those words - they had enough trouble on their hands without Kyo flying off the handle and tearing limbs off their own people… Revaliir required warriors, the Jiyu required Hunters… the Ito's had brought Monsters. 
The cursed man's thoughts drifted, momentarily, to his house - while ordinarily he hated the place, hated the walls and floors and doors, where he was essentially a prisoner; but right now his thoughts were of the woman within his house, locked in his room with strict instructions to stay there, and stay hidden… to stay safe until he could return to her once more. Falmarin had appeared in his house one day, and since then she had not left - too fearful of the rest of the clan lest they still try to take her spirit to bond to a newborn, and yet she seemed to belong there… it was odd, but Kyo could not imagine how he would cope if she ever left to find her twin… or just to have a life of her own. 

The war cry began to echo from the main clan, and Kyo's red eyes flickered to Hatori; while he was technically not the 'leader' of their clan, he was forever delegated that role by Akito, the latter too sickly to leave his bed chambers most of the time, let alone the Village. Beside Hatori stood Jenha, a woman who, by all rights, did not belong amongst their number - but there she was regardless, making Hatori seem stiffer than he usually was… not that Kyo had ever believed that that was even remotely possible.
As Hatori turned to look at him, nodding silently, Kyo snorted, glancing at the rest of the Ito's who all looked at him fearfully. "Just stay out of my way… I doubt the Nekomata understands friend from foe," he snarled, holding out his arm to Hatori so that the man could take away the bracelet that kept the Demon Cat contained, someone would need to find a way to get the bracelet back on him later… 

The moment the beads left his hand the transformation began. Kyo threw back his head, letting out a bloodcurdling, spine chilling, guttural cry that was far from human. He tore away his kimono as his hands began to contort and stretch into long, clawed toes. His back bent and snapped as the bones stretched, his skin changing to sickly black skin, the fur short, slick and almost oil like in appearance. The man he had been was no more, and even Hatori could not help but step away from the creature growing in Kyo's place, just as the rest of the clan did for fear of the Demon. The beast was six legged, with claws that left deep gouges in the ground with every step it took. The cat like head, with piercing red eyes, looked at the clan and let out another terrible cry, saliva oozing from it's jaws. Two tentacles, with spines rather than suckers, flailed wildly from the shoulders of it's front legs, two whip like tails thrashing behind while the middle one (that of a scorpion) stretched and curled upwards, venom glistening at the tip of it's massive stinger. 
Behold the Nekomata, the Demon Cat, the shame of the Jiyu clan and the curse of the Ito's… Kyo's curse. With a snarl he turned away from the others, casting one last, angry look at those whom he should have seen as family, before bounding away upon his powerful legs, launching high over the main clan's Hunter's heads, tearing across the battlefield and hissing as his eyes spotted his prey. 

Kyo could not control his transformation, unlike the others who only transformed when embraced by the opposite sex, Kyo required magic to contain the spirit to whom he had been Bonded at birth. The Nekomata had, for whatever reason, always been a law unto itself when Bonded to an Ito, it was wild and Kyo had little to no control of the Demon… the main Jiyu did not know how lucky they were to have the control that they did over their spirits. In fact Kyo was quite sure that the rest of the Ito did not understand how lucky they were either… 

Given his size, speed and general ferocity, Kyo knew (with what little will and mind he had left in this state) that he had to take out the biggest threats to the rest of their people. The rumbling of the ground beneath his feet alerted him to the very threat that required his attention. The creature was as foul as he was, and smelt almost as bad. The carapace might give him some trouble… but it would have to get through him first. With a snarl, Kyo bounded at the Rhino as it charged, full force, towards their front lines. Turning deftly, he cut one of the beasts off it's path, tentacles snapping outwards to grasp at it's legs and pull them out from under the creature. With the beast on it's back he leapt away, bounding after another… which was getting dangerously close to their people. With one colossal spring, Kyo landed upon the revolting thing, tentacles wrapping about it's legs as he began to claw at it… he would see many of these things die this day…
Uial

Character Info
Name: Uial
Alignment: LN
Race: Human - Dragon Infused
Class: Matriarch of Jiyu Clan
Silver: 1832
As always her archangel was stoic to the outside world. An image that he maintained for all to see unless they were alone. When it was just the two of them Uial knew Michael’s true personality. In a sense it made her feel that much more privileged to be able to see what he was truly feeling. When no one else had been watching, Uial had stolen glances at her beloved to take in the golden sight that he was. The Matriarch knew that her complete focus should have been upon the tasks at hand. Instead, her focus was split between the winged man at her side and the looming threat. Thankfully, there had been a warning ahead of time. That warning had afforded the encampment to be put together properly without a lacking in the defenses. Uial had elected to keep it close to the mouth of their secret entrance to Faradrim Village. Resources could be brought to them easily if they needed more. This also meant that a potential retreat would be available to those who needed salvation.

Everything had been thought of. All the variations that could come up in the near future were imagined by Uial in her planning. At least, that was the hope. Her people did not question the decisions that were being made by her solely. The Council was behaving themselves in this time of crisis. Potentially, it was due to they were finally trusting their Queen. Or it was that they dared not question the Queen in such a trying time. Whatever was bringing about the obedience was well appreciated. Even further amusement was had that none could say a thing about the silent Michael at her side.

When alone, there was little time until they were in one another’s arms. Uial relished the feel of his hand stroking her hair. It was a reassuring gesture that made her almost purr. As he spoke of Jiyu Clan being his people as well made her heart swell. There were no words that she could put to voice. All she could do was wrap her arms around his neck to return his kiss just as passionately. Fingers were tangled in his short golden hair. If only this war wasn’t happening, they could have done as they wished.

Cole had not wished to interrupt her sister and lover. It had taken a long while for her to move on with her life. In fact, he had been unsure if it would have ever happened. That fateful day of Michael randomly showing up in the Great Hall had been the best luck for them all. ”Yes, they are doing well for the moment as far as my contacts have informed me. We will be trying to connect with the main encampment once this flank has been well established.” They all needed to get themselves ready for the field of battle. He had not wanted to bring his own wife for this interaction. For the moment he had been able to keep her convinced to keep the Village in order while the Matriarch, himself, and Council were out of the boundaries. It was the only way he could feel secure to know that she was safe.

The Matriarch began to walk over to Hatori who was waiting with Jenha. A light smile was wiped away from her face at the sight of the Ito doctor’s discomfort. She couldn’t let him see her amusement at his discomfort. Hands were clasped in front of her stomach while her gaze went from Hatori to Kyo. ”Keep this under the best control that you can. We owe you all a great debt for even coming here to help. Once this is all over, we shall discuss the future for the Ito’s.” The tone used was soft, all the while definitive. She knew that their powers were great as well as being greatly unpredictable. This was quite a gamble for any leader of the Jiyu to ever take.

Hatori lifted a brow before giving a respectful bow. He was a man of few words, and today was not going to serve as any different. The Matriarch left as he turned towards Kyo. His gaze was stern as he looked at the nekomata. Never in the history had the cat demon been released in the presence of others in such a capacity. Hatori would have been lying if he said he was not nervous. He knew that his Matriarch could read that all over him. It was time.

Jenha

Character Info
Name: Jenha
Alignment: TG
Race: Human - elemental mage
Class: ForestGarde elemental mage
Silver: 402
Technically Jenha was still recovering from her injuries, Hatori was an amazing Healer, but the extent of her wounds meant that time was what she truly needed - that or Divine intervention. When news of the upcoming battle had reached the Village, he had tried to make her stay behind, she was recovering and she was not a part of their battle. Naturally she hadn't listened, and Hatori had been unable to persuade her to remain behind despite his protestations. She owed him her life, and she owed their Village as well, since they had been gracious enough to allow her to stay on until she and Ulfur were strong enough to leave. 
She might have been recovering but she could still put up a fight, as could her Wolf; after all it was not just the Jiyu and the Ito's who were being threatened by these monsters - it was the whole of Revaliir… she might have been far from her home, and from her Pack, but she had her duty to this land and she had no doubt that somewhere, the ForestGarde had taken up their places to help in this fight.

Her eyes flickered to the Jiyu Matriach, smiling slightly at the woman and bowing respectfully - she had not met Uial personally but she knew of the woman, Hatori always spoke highly of the unconventional Leader of their Clan, even despite the persecution of his own. At the woman's words, the Earthen Mage chanced a glance at Hatori, wondering what (if anything) he thought to this, while he himself was not officially the Leader of the Ito's, it seemed that the responsibilities often fell upon his shoulders. Would he be glad to know that his clans exile from their own people was potentially coming to an end?
Good grief his face moved! Jenha grinned to herself slightly, trying to bite her lip so that the man could not see she was silently mocking him - she had seen his usually stoic expression break for that brief moment, she knew he had been surprised by Uial's words. 

Jenha could not deny the fear she felt, watching the young man transform into the Demonic Cat… Having accidentally embraced Hatori, and witnessed his own transformation, she had been schooled in how the Jiyu and Ito clans existed, and more importantly how one of the Ito's bore the hardest burden of all. Nothing Hatori had said about the Nekomata could have prepared the woman for the vision of the thing, she had seen a great many creatures over time - but nothing like the monstrosity the Demon Cat was… and the stench of it. Her hand had involuntarily flown to her face, covering her nostrils; the gesture had not gone unnoticed by Kyo, and Jenha's heart broke for him. She watched the man leave before turning to Hatori. "Are you going to fight? Or are you remaining behind to heal the wounded?" She asked, her tone tinged with the concern she genuinely felt for the man.
Lander

Character Info
Name: Lander
Race: Human - Hydra infused
Class: Hunter of the Jiyu Clan
Silver: 430
The whole of the Jiyu had been called to arms, including the shame of their Village - the Ito's. 

As the twins stood shoulder-to-shoulder, they exchanged a glance. There had been other Hunters sent out into battle, Lander and Orrin had returned from their mission as swiftly as had been possible, once the message from Uial had reached them, which was why they had not been amongst the first sent to face their enemy; a fact that had made the pair unusually, and uncharacteristically quiet for them. Many, probably the entire clan, would have believed it was because the pair were jealous and upset, angry that, as two of the strongest Hunters (the strongest if you were to ask the twins) they had not been on the front lines as the first into battle. In a way that assumption was not wrong; but it was not because they prided themselves as the best that they were angry, it was that their brethren had gone into battle and died while they were absent… a fact that they could not forgive. 
The anger they would unleash upon the creatures from the Void would be unrivalled by any, the calamity befalling Revaliir would know their vengeance. Again the twins exchanged a glance, the Hydra that resided within them both stirring in their hearts; it too wished to share it's rage with the monsters that dared to threaten their home… and most importantly their wife, because to threaten all existence on Revaliir was to threaten Chel, and they would not tolerate that. Under any circumstances. 

They watched the Nekomata, as their clan's monstrosity launched itself straight into battle. The pair looked at one another, grinned and threw themselves into the fray. Lander and Orrin sprinted forwards, the brother's in step with one another the entire time. It was Lander that halted first, longbow flicked from his shoulder, an arrow out of his quiver, string drawn and arrow flying through the air to pierce one of the Plaguers, all while his sibling drew his sword, ducked to the ground and sliced the legs of a couple of the Chompers swaggering in his direction. 

The pair moved as one, reacting to the situation without thought, acting on instinct alone - it had always worked to their advantage before and it would now…
Hatori

Character Info
Name: Hatori
Race: Human - Apep infused
Class: Healer & Demon Hunter
Silver: 375
We shall discuss the future for the Ito’s.

Hatori kept his face mostly that of stone, despite the inability to keep his brow from lifting. This one motion was more emotion he typically allowed to appear on his features. If the Ito clan could be kept from such degradation than it could mean many possibilities for their future. The demon changers could prove themselves on the battlefield. The Nekomata would do devastating damage upon the enemy. If Kyo could keep his focus on the beasts it would give them even more credit. Hatori knew that whatever the giant creature did it was not under the instruction of the clan. There was no way for them to control Kyo in his demon form despite past trials.

He adjusted the glasses that rested on the bridge of his nose while he tried to contemplate how to handle what was before them. Akito was again not available to make any sort of decision; this left him to decide the move forward. Inwardly, he felt pity for Kyo at the notice of those covering their noses from the sheer stench accompanied with his transformation. It was not something that hurt less as time went on. All Hatori could hope for was that the nymph hiding in Kyo’s home would be able to help patch his soul back together once they returned.

”You are going to remain in the encampment along with wolf. Neither of you are well enough to go fight in the field.” He kept his gaze straight forward and ridged as always. ”If you are to come out and help, than you may only come to collect the injured to bring them back to safety.” The doctor took in a breath before finally looking down at Jenha. Purposely he had been avoiding looking at the woman. It was hard enough that she had decided to follow them all to the encampment.

”I am going to fight. We have traditional healers, and it cannot be chanced that I would change while working. No. My talent is more necessary out against those creatures.” His gaze narrowed at the twins Lander and Orrin when they followed Kyo’s progress. Though it was normal for those to judge his portion of the clan, Hatori did not have to like it.

He gripped the rims of his glasses to remove them from his face. ”Please keep hold of these while I am gone. They are not easy to replace if broken.” Hatori handed them over to Jenha before he began removing his formal shirt. The last thing he wanted to do was rip through a perfectly good shirt. He folded it up properly while again handing it to Jenha. For a split moment he felt out of sorts. To purposely change into his demon skin was not something that the man was accustomed to do. Another steadying breath was taken before turning to Jenha to pull her into a hug. For that split moment he allowed himself to reveal in the feel of her body against his chest. Holding her against him again without worrying about her memories returning….it was something that he could not have hoped for.

Mere seconds passed before he began feeling his bones start to shift and skin stretch. Teeth elongated into sharp fangs of that of a snake. Before he lost his arms, Hatori threw Jenha away from him. In an instant the man had turned into an over ten foot tall black scaled snake. Flame ruins adorned his flesh. Venom oozed from his open mouth. Thankfully, Hatori could retain his consciousness of control unlike Kyo.

A spared glance was given to Jenha before he felt a body jump upon his back. Flame red eyes turned to see that Chel had made a move to catch a ride. She gave him a bright grin that only made him huff in response. Chel had always been different from most of the main family. Hatori shifted his body once, and then twice to get reacquainted with how to move his body.

In a flash the snake took off towards battle with jaw opened wide to destroy the opponents. He did not look back at the woman who held his possessions. The woman who unknowingly held his heart. The first enemy that came into contact was a group of chompers that had made it past the others already fighting. Chel jumped from her perch to make her way over to her husbands with bo staff out to do her job. Hatori sensed the wind magic surrounding it that had the ability to blast through an enemy when her weapon struck a target. Her body moved fluidly through the chompers despite their hideous forms. With Lander providing ranged protection, the huntress kept her back to Orrin’s in order to protect him from there. The three moved in such a way that made Hatori feel slightly jealous of their unconventional connection. Despite how the entire clan saw them, they moved forward with their lives. No one could stop them when the trio were together.

The giant Apep flattened his body against the ground to gather speed to launch himself fully against another Rhino such as Kyo was taking on. His body moved out of the way elegantly as the creature attempted to ram him in the face. Instead, Hatori was able to wrap his large body around the beast to crush it along his form until a sharp snap of its neck was audible. Slowly he released the rhino. His body lashed out to crush a wave of infesters. This was going to be a long fight as the cracks in the void continued to spew out enemies.