Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Homecoming[p/r]
Aegis

Character Info
Name: Zanar Arowin
Alignment: TN
Race: Werebear
Class: Deity
Silver: 10002
Boharian plains, his homeland, and place of birth. Zanar had decided that it was time for the child to return home. Yet, even though he was a god now, his nerves were unsettled as they traveled towards their destination. How would they react, after receiving no news of his departure? Did they find out of his mercenary band being completely wiped out? Did they mourn for a death that never truly happened? These were the thoughts that were swarming within the god's mind. He knew that he should have told them that he was alive, but he did it to protect them from his enemies, yet this was just him being selfish all the same.

He knew for a fact though, there was going to be a pain, both emotionally and physically for all of them once the truth was revealed.

Zanar stopped the wagon once he got near the borders of the lands that he once grew up on and hopped down from the front end. He momentarily lost his balance before regaining his composure. The loss of his eye still bothered him, and he was warned by Angela that it would take time for him to full recovery from it. He was just thankful that she was able to stop the poison from spreading completely to his right. He walked into the back of the wagon, his nerve wrecked state was obviously visible upon the man.

”We are almost there. Just a few more meters and we will be upon the house.” He called out the Kalyani, who was probably looking after Vale at the moment. He took a seat at the table and closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm his nerves. It helped, but it felt like he could still feel the blade against his throat. ”The old man is going to kill me, even though I can’t die, I know he will.” They had come all this way to a simple thing, to introduce Zanar’s child to his grandparents, the god’s parents.

He took off the patch that hid his left eye’s wound and laid it on the table. Even though his more mangled hair hid the wound, for the most part, he would rather them see him even with his left eye being no more than a scar now. He got up from the table and gathered his belongings that he needed, including the basic longsword that he was using in place of the destroyed Vox. One would think that a weapon would not be needed to visit one's folks, but Zanar knew all too well what type of man his father was. He would explain on the walk to the house, all that he remembered of his family to Kalyani so that she would not be blindsided.

He stood by the door waiting for his wife and child, probably the only reason why they were here was because of them. They were his beacons to give him the strength to do such a simple task. Yet how would one react to think that a son that was thought dead, to come walking to their door?

Zanar is the God of The Endless Hunt and Boundless Wilds

Zanar's God Powers are as Followed:
i. Can Track Anything in the world, no matter where they may go.
ii. Can see and strike the weak points of his prey, allowing for a clean kill
iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Limited GM of my character is always allowed!
Kalyani

Character Info
Name: Kalyani LaNora
Alignment: CN
Race: Elf/Rosenite
Class: Seer/Gypsy
Silver: 2114
This was something new for Kalyani. She hadn’t known that his parents were alive still not before Zanar had let her know. The wife knew that her husband had done it to protect them from the mages that hunted him. Hell, Kalyani had almost been lost to them herself. Amber eyes looked down at Vale as he happily tried to catch the strands of crystal above him. Sehr was making this trip at a good pace. Inside the spacial magic of the wagon, one couldn’t even tell they were moving fast or even at all.

Ears listened to her husband when he came in and Vale squealed at his voice. Lazily Kalyani pressed her lips into Vale’s head full of dark hair and picked him up. “Let’s go see your father,” her voice was a lot more quiet than normal. Motherhood hadn’t made her docile but to Vale and Zanar. She was still a spitfire but she doubted that Zanar loved her less for it.

Matching blue eyes looked up to Zanar and Vale let out a squeal. “DA!”

It made Kalyani smile as she moved him over to her hip. “I would put you down but the last time I did that… You got into the flour.” The son looked up at his mother and seemed rather meek for a moment before giving her a toothy grin. “Trouble.”

She watched her husband before moving her free hand to his missing eye. Her fingertips were light so not to hurt him. “How does it feel today?” She avoided the parent topic for now but instead was ready to follow him where they needed to go. Kalyani wrapped a large piece of fabric around her in a way so Vale was secure but she didn’t have to hold him. This freed up her arms and made it so she wasn’t tired. Vale seemed content for the moment as his eyes looked everywhere.

“This is the first time we’ve actually taken him outside. Been too dangerous to do so before.” But now was the time that she needed to ask him about his family. “They won’t attack us, right? I don’t know anything about them other than they are your kin. If they are anything like you… Well, they have to be fighters.”

The Runaway Gypsy Queen
Feel her power, feel her music
Ooc: Brittlez Main: Angela Rose
Aegis

Character Info
Zanar smiled when his son called out to him, the child was now a year old but it was still hard to believe that such a precious thing was his own blood. “He gets it from both of his parents, I believe…more so you,” He teased when she jokingly called him trouble. She was a perfect mother and wife to the both of them and all that he had hoped for.

Her fingers were light as a feather as they moved over his missing eye. “The pain is getting better, still traces of that accursed venom, but it is not anything like how it was. She did a good job treating such a grievous wound,” of course that was just part of the wounds that he had suffered at the hand of that war, “Vision is still the same in my other.” His voice was not in the best tone when speaking about that, could one blame him though, the god had almost been blinded completely.

“Indeed, I am sure the child would enjoy some fresh air for once. Being cooped up indoors all the time is not the best way to live.” He smiled, his tone changing almost immediately when the child was brought up. A very easy way to make the god happy that was for sure. He wondered what his son would think about being outdoors for a more extended period of time, he hoped he enjoyed the feel of the sun and the smells of the winds.

She finally mentioned something about his parents, a topic he could tell she was trying not to bring up. He looked down at the sword at his hip and then back to his wife, “My mother no…she was always the kindest of women. A daughter of Bohar through and through. My father though….with what happened with me,” He paused as if to try and pick his words right as to not worry her, “Always been the shield of the family, I’m sure stragglers of that accursed mage order tried to attack them. The old man..he’ll be hard to prove who I am too.”

He opened the door to the wagon and helped Kalyani down with the steps. He glanced over at Vale, whose wide eyes were taking in the sights around him. He was a curious one, which was good and a pain in his parents' ass. He need not tell Sehr to guard the wagon while they were gone if anything that horse was fiercely loyal to Kalyani and would do its job without question, and so the family began their march through the trees that surround the lands.

“Even if he does not believe who I am, he won’t harm you or Vale. It has always been his rule to never cause harm to a woman or child. That very same rule I carried into the Raven’s Nest, a lot of being a mercenary I learned from the old man, and his ability with a blade is far superior to my own,” Zanar did not know if age would affect that ability as the god was just recalling everything from memory.

After a few minutes of walking, they finally came upon the house. A small two story, made of stone and wood. Zanar’s nose could pick up the smell of burning wood, more than likely coming from a fireplace. He could barely make out the stack of firewood stacked up against the side of the building. They must have approached from the back, not the best of ideas for the best of him. “Must have recalled wrong,” He said to himself. His ears then heard it, a sound he was all too familiar with. Zanar’s arm shot out in front of Kalyani and guided her behind him, while he slowly gripped the hilt of his blade.

“Mean you no harm, apparently my memory forgot the positioning of the front of the house. Did not mean to intrude from the back.” A man the stepped around from the front of the house. He was tall, a hair taller than the god himself, dark-skinned like Zanar with peppered hair. He wore a basic tunic, pants, and long boots. Dark leather gloves covered his hands, woodcutting gloves more than likely. The thing that stood out, was the gorgeous long sword that he wielding, one could tell that it was made of the highest quality. If one were to look closely at the blade they would see the same Raven marking engraved into the flat of the blade that Zanar used as his holy sign. The Arowin family raven.

“You come onto my land boy, a blade at your side, and yet you say you mean no harm? I may be old, but you can't-fool me.” The old man held his blade out towards Zanar. “You can turn tail and flee, or be cut down like the rest of your ilk. I’ve cut them all down, and don’t think I won’t do the same to you.” The raven on the blade lit up with pale blue mana before it engulfed the sword. It swirled around the blade like a violent storm. “This is your last warning.”

Of course, his father’s sword and threats did nothing to deter Zanar away. “So be it, but you’ll find me far harder to cut down than those pathetic mages,” Zanar stated and drew his blade before turning to Kalyani and gave her a soft smile. His father then took his stance, and as if was standing in front of a mirror Zanar did the same stance. A sword style he had used in a while and the look on his father’s face twisted in disgust. “You mock me!”

iii. Can use the ability of any beast of the wild, or give that ability to another.
Kalyani

Character Info
“Says the man who runs from women with frying pans.” She gave an amused snort at him. “Don’t be like your father Vale. Hit them with a frying pan first.” There was a smirk on her face that said she would never actually teach him such things. Though Vale squealed in amusement from his mother’s voice either way.

As she felt his eye though there was a look of concern. “Hopefully Angela can keep healing it and eventually get all the venom out of it. That’s her specialty after all… Healing broken people.” Like herself. Like Bryony. Even like Zanar. “Thank the higher being that you weren’t blinded though. Many people aren’t that lucky Zanar… Though I know it was still terrible.” She kissed his scars lovingly.

Kalyani got a concerned look on her face but not for the reason that Zanar would have been led to believe. “You can stop pulling your punches with me before I knock you out with a skillet.” The wife would not be something that would have to be told sugar coated things. She thought that Zanar would have known better. She had been alive for a long time now and while she did worry… She would rather a straight answer with the facts.

“Not worried about myself or child.” Kalyani was upfront and honest. She knew that Zanar would do everything in his power to protect them from harm.

“Well your memory isn’t one of things that improved with becoming a god… Just saying my Love.” She gave him a smirk as she teased him though this would go poorly for them. She analyzed the man who would be her father in law and she didn’t back down from being behind Zanar. She was a fierce woman from the desert and she held her own.

Kalyani instead took a seat not too far and undid Vale from his little carrier. She placed him in her lap. For a few moments he was watching a butterfly and the toddler got up to follow it. “Vale do not go far.” Kalyani warned but then the sound of a sword being drawn caught his ears and Vale looked over to the older man. His eyes were better than most babies as he squealed at the raven. He knew what that was because it was everywhere back home. It was even on his father as a tattoo.

Once he saw the blue mana he was enthralled with it. Kalyani looked at Zanar enough to give him a smile. It looked like Zanar was having fun and soon it was Vale who was joining them as he grunted. His pudgy little form picking up a stick. Kalyani didn’t move as she watched what the boy was doing. “Vale, don’t get involved.” The mother knew he was a smart child but even she didn’t see what was coming next.

The stick in his hand had the same blue mana as the toddler totted near Zanar and held it up to him. There was a squeal from his lips. “And… You’ve had enough fun.” Kalyani got up from her seated position and swooped the child up. “You… Are just like your father.” She raspberried Vale’s belly and the baby squeal. “I would hope that a man would listen to someone who has traveled a very long way with a tired mother and his child. We wouldn’t be here to fight you with a baby. Husband is just a stubborn raven.” She was sure her accent was hard to hear so she had kept her sentences short. She remembered when Zanar couldn't understand her either.

The Runaway Gypsy Queen
Aegis

Character Info
“I would never dream to mock you, sir,” Zanar spoke and sighed a little. He thought for sure that he matching the man’s stance would trigger something in him, but it did not. Vale got away from his mother and picked up a stick to act as a sword and it ignited in the same mana that swirled the sword that was in his father’s hands. He noticed the old man get a quizzical look on his face for the action the toddler took. Mana colors and flow within the Arowin family all had similar hues and were aligned with the wind aspect, the same wind that allowed the Ravens to fly high in the sky.

”Do you still wish to do this, or is your stubbornness going to keep you blind? Zanar spoke as, Kalyani came and got the child mentioning something about the stubbornness of the child, how it was alike to Zanar’s. His own stubbornness though he got from his own father, and that was a trait that he was sure was shown. His father’s stance seemed to lessen for a brief moment before he went back into a full fighting stance. “I will not be fooled, not again.”

Not again?

The words struck Zanar as odd, what did the Lux members do? What did they do to fool someone that Zanar knew that was never blind to tricks? Zanar closed his eye and took a deep breath. With a sign given Zanar rushed forward and swung at his father, he could see the shock in the man’s eyes before he reacted to his speed. Their blades locked down midway as both men pushed back at each other. The wind swirled around them as they were in the deadlock.
”Open your eyes! Do you not see who is before you?” Zanar spoke, but not in common tongue but that of the native language of Bohar

That was another thing that clicks with the man, and Zanar could feel his strength weaken a little. “Just who are you, and what do you want with me.” He asked gritting his teeth against Zanar’s strength. The god had the man where he wanted him, and the scar on his face started to disappear and be replaced with his eye that was once lost. A simple illusion, but one that would be effective. The fake eye opened and Zanar’s real eye’s color changed to that of its natural state. It was then when the man saw and his strength complete fell away and he fell back onto the ground.

“It can’t be, Azelas?”

Zanar could see him tremble, and looked behind his shoulder as the illusion was fading and nodded for Kalyani to come forward. Turning back to his father he pulled down upon his tunic to reveal the family sigil on his chest. ”Yes, your son lives. Alive and well and with family to show off. A long overdue visit…and a long overdue explanation.” He held out his hand to his father and helped the old man up. He just stood there and stared at Zanar before embracing him. “My boy lives..thank the gods.” He pulled away and looked over Zanar’s shoulder and back at him, tears obviously running down his cheek, “Your wife, and your child?” Zanar smiled and nodded

“Kalyani and Vale, the most important people to me.”

The man went over and held out his hand, which was still trembling from all the info that was suddenly thrown at him and trying to overcome his own emotions. “I am so sorry for the rudeness I have shown you two, I was unaware. Frederick Arowin, and I guess now your father in law.”

Kalyani

Character Info
Kalyani held Vale in her arms. He was fussing about now as he wanted to get down and explore more. This phase the boy was in was making Kalyani exhausted from just watching him. He was shrieking at his mother and Kalyani held a stubborn look of her own on his face. After a bit, the mother held her son upside down by his legs and there were squeals of enjoyment. Looking towards the old man now and her husband. “It’s quite alright we were the ones who barged in on you… and there appears to have been issues of its own to be had.”

Vale was looking up at everyone squealing with happiness before his mother let him roll to the ground. “As Zanar says, my name is Kalyani and this is our son Vale. He is his father at least ten times over but he does have my stubbornness too. It’s amazing I win anything with him.”

Kalyani started to snap and had Vale’s attention for a moment. “Mama,” Vale put up his arms and went over to the half Rosenite.

“You should go see the new people in your life… and not me.” She turned the toddler towards Frederick and Vale looked up at her with disappointment. This man was a stranger but soon the toddler who was all too used to people of the temple went over to him and hugged his leg and pulled on Zanar’s pant leg. There was a smile full of teeth finally that Kalyani seemed to think he knew how to use. (Considering he had been caught biting the Rose kids when they upset him) They were lucky Angela was a healer. "Vale can be a bit of an animal when upset so I apologize for how rude our toddler is." Kalyani laughed a bit. "Beginning to think that's all toddlers though."

The Runaway Gypsy Queen
Aegis

Character Info
Zanar could not help but smile as his son went up and hugged the leg of a man he barely even knew. Zanar knew the lad was smart but wondered if he could tell that Frederick was family to him as well, in his heart, he felt that he could. Zanar lifted Vale up after he came back to him, resting him upon his forearm his other hand holding his back for support. The now grandfather stepped closer to take a look at the child. Leaning forward the old man took a better look at the child’s eyes before laughing.

“This child is indeed of our blood. He has your eyes…hmm or should I say eye now.”

” Attitude more of his mother, if I must say.” Zanar replied, knowing full well he would regret that decision.

Frederick looked back over at Kalyani. “Don’t let the boy fool you, he is as arrogant and bullheaded as it comes, Now come! I am sure there is someone else who would rather see you. See you all.”

Zanar nodded. ”Give us a minute.” Frederick nodded in response to his son’s wish and made his way back into the house. Zanar walked on over to Kalyani. ”Before we enter. I don’t know if you felt it, the higher concentration of aether in the air. Mother, had always been gifted with magic, was one of the more feared people in my father’s company. But due to her age, she can’t harness it as well and has become ill from it.” He told her before leading them both to the door.

As the stepped at the threshold, Zanar took a look at the doorway and saw and felt powerful runes engraved into its surface. The last resort just in case father had fallen? People should know to fear you rather than him Zanar thought before stepping through the doorway into the house. They entered the living space, simple chairs and couch set before a hand-built brick fireplace. Books and scrolls on the shelves that lined the walls. Just like he remembered. He could hear chatter from the dining and kitchen room.

Zanar mentioned for Kalyani to follow him as they made their way into the other room. Frederick looked up from and met Zanar’s eyes. The air pressure changed in the house, and the god could her a crack. The woman, standing before Frederick turned her emerald eyes stared straight at Zanar her hand held high as if was about to cast a spell. Yet as soon as their eyes met, everything had changed.

So you aren’t as blind as the old man

She turned and brought her hands to her mouth as it to try and not cry out. Yet even though she tried her best a simple name was cried out in a weakened tone “Azelas.” This woman stood just a hair under Zanar, grey locks intertwining with amber on her head tied up in a simple braid. She was pale, and one could tell she was sickly but not so much as to collapse at any moment. The raven on the Arowin family was easily seen on her neck. Zanar handed off Vale back to Kalyani and walked up to his mother, who was still trying to compose herself.

No words were said as their eyes met and Zanar just embraced her, in which was when she totally broke down the walls that she had tried so hard to maintain. Tears fell from the god's eyes as he held his mother close both of them rocking each other. They both had thought they would never get this chance again.

Frederick walked over to where Kalyani was standing at. “Victoria my wife. I am sure my boy told you about her condition. Still fierce to this day though, I tried to explain to her that Azelas was alive, but she wouldn’t have it till she saw him.”

Kalyani

Character Info
Kalyani scoffed at Zanar’s remark and smirked. “He has your pigheadedness though.” The words came from her mouth with just about every inch of sass that she could fit into those few little words.

Frederick made Kalyani chuckle a bit and nodded. “Don’t I know it. He fools no one at least not me.” Once Zanar took her to the side she nodded and smiled. “I understand.” She had felt it but she hadn’t known the reasoning for it. A truly terrifying woman rested in the house indeed.

The gypsy was quiet as she followed her husband. Her amber eyes went from husband to wife so she could get a good look at everything. If Kalyani hadn’t known what she was walking into she would have gone onto the defensive. Already her hands were going for Vale just in case but she let them fall once she was certain everything was fine. What could she do if Zanar couldn’t protect Vale? It was a depressing question for her to know the answer to.

Kalyani took their son so that the mother could embrace Zanar a bit more. This was a reunion that had been put off for far too long. She nodded to Frederick and turned her eyes just enough to watch the scene. “He did probably so I didn’t try to get Vale. Now at least I know why Zanar could put up with me.” She smirked just a bit. Kalyani had a tendency to be fierce herself and Zanar usually ended up with the full brunt of it. “Us mothers tend to be stubborn like that. I know I am with Vale.”

The gypsy brought Vale up and kissed his head full of messy waves. “See, you have family Vale. What will you ever do now?” She brought the boy to her level and spoke to him. Vale’s eyes were looking all about. She knew he understood they were family and that he didn’t have much family before now. “Zanar and I got married after we found out we were having Vale but we’ve been together a very long time. He is just a stubborn man when it comes to settling down.” She smirked towards the god and kissed Vale’s head again.

The Runaway Gypsy Queen