Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > The Village (p.r)
Cole

Character Info
Name: Cole Cocidius
Alignment: TN
Race: Human - Wraith Fused
Class: Demon Hunter
Silver: 1200
The trip had been long as they returned to the Jiyu village from the ziggurat. Horses had been put away properly and carefully in their stables. It had been a tiring affair, but it was over and the world was once again in straight order…as much as it could be for Revaliir. Cole stood in his quarters that now belonged to Nymph as well. He stood over by the wardrobe folding up a few of the clothes that had been washed while they had been away. Typically it would have been handled for him already, but Cole could appreciate some quiet time doing some random chores. Grey eyes glanced over his shoulder to see Nymph on the other side of the room.

She had been uncharacteristically silent on the ride back to the village. It made him wonder if having her within the confines of the quiet place such his home village of Jiyu. Her life with the Rosenites was an active one. The healing that she needed was also there. Cole turned his face away from her to go back to his work on the wardrobe. He would continue to make room for her things to be packed within if she truly wanted to stay. Each quiet moment that passed made him lose a little heart that she wanted to stay there with the Council.

Completing his task with the wardrobe, he moved over to the large bed where Arden lay curled up. The small earth fox familiar slept comfortably in a stash of pillows. Her large black grey ears twitched while she dozed the day away. Cole couldn’t help but smile while petting the creature’s head. ”You are just a spoiled little thing, are you not?” His gaze lifted up to check on Nymph again hoping that she was done with whatever task she was working on. He wanted to grab Nymph and hold her as if to reassure. Or was she in need of that? The demon hunter couldn’t be sure of anything at that moment.

Nymph

Character Info
Name: Nymphaea Rose
Alignment: CN
Race: Rosenite/Demon
Silver: 1398
Nymph was tired and it was showing by how much she was quiet. It was true that it took a lot out of her to focus but also it was her getting used to the area around them now. The village was very quiet and she was getting used to all the staring that she got. There was bound to be jealousy towards her and the stares would come with her arrival. She was an outsider with the second most powerful person in the clan. That had to run people the wrong way.

She had her bags with her now that had been sent to her. She didn’t have a lot of stuff but it was enough. From her extra clothes, to her weapons, to her books… She had enough. It was weird to see her whole life packed up in boxes. A rough sigh left her lips as she rubbed her shoulder and put Yaeger up on his pedestal that she had brought down to her. “You are going outside the room at night.” She knew no one would take him here.

The sword didn’t even bother to argue that point. Once Cole was done she moved her clothes into the wardrobe he had made space in. She threw a blanket over the sword for now as her brown eyes finally met his. “Are you worried about me?” Her eyes batted a bit. She wasn’t used to this concern.

She realized that he might not be used to her every emotion and she made her way over to him and wrapped herself around his waist. “I’m alright.” She kissed the tip of his nose and gave him a smile. “I just get tired that’s all. It’s normal I promise.” She laid her head on his chest now as she rubbed his shoulders. “I just need time to adjust to everything too.” It was hard for her to admit this was a change but it was a good change and she wanted to be with Cole. She kissed his lips tenderly and continued to keep him close. “I do love you and I promise I’m not going anywhere.”

Cole

Character Info
He felt guilty for taking her away from her family. The Rosenites were a close clan that were involved with each other’s lives on a consistent basis. In the Chilo Mountains where the Jiyu hidden village resided there was none of her kin around unless they were on a visit that had been preapproved. It was a rather isolating set up for the young woman. He glanced over his shoulder for a moment and shook his head slightly with a sigh. The demon hunter knew the scrutiny she was under with being his mate. There had been women that the Council had preselected for him to make a decision from when it came to his future wife. Bloodlines were important for the leadership of the demon hunters; this was especially true for the twins that were in charge. Cole was only second in power to his twin sister, Uial and she had already been widowed. It would be a while before she consented to remarrying anyone. That meant that the line would need to be carried on through Cole and his progeny. Having selected Nymph to be his girlfriend gave the indication to the rest of the clan that he was not going to have any other. They knew Cole too well to know that he would date simply for the pleasure of it. He had chosen his mate for life, whether the declaration had been made or not with ceremony.

Cole sat upon the bed and continued to scratch his familiar’s large ears until he heard a coo in response. The earth fox was quite pleased with her selection of master since she was more spoiled then actually put to work on anything. White brow lifted as he glanced over at Nymph when she sighed heavily. There was plenty of room since the quarters were meant for those of the royal line…if they could be defined as such. He heard her speak to Yaeger, which in turn made him chuckle lightly. Having Yaeger in their room at night would not go well considering the demon sword liked making comments on anything he could. Nymph and Cole were rather active at night and that did not need any audience.

When his love finally spoke about his demeanor he responded with a nod and stood up. A sense of slight relief came over him as her warmth wrapped around his waist. Cole took no time at all to wrap his arms about her form to hold her close. ”Hmmmm…” was his response while resting his cheek upon the top of her head. It made him feel better as she admitted that she needed to adjust to the changes that were taking place in her life. ”I can give you that time, you know that right? I do not wish for you to be unhappy. Whatever it is you need, tell me.” His hand gently cupped her cheek while lifting up her chin to have their lips meet. The hunter felt better now that they had finally spoke in regards to the silence. ”I love you as well. Even if you attempted to leave, I would follow you down.” A wicked smirk came across his face as he leaned in for another kiss. ”You can never escape me now.”

After a few moments he posed a question. ”Why do we not take a tour of the village? Get to know your new home and the people. You are quite the anomaly. This has not happened before in our history.”

Nymph

Character Info
Nymphaea gave a smile and held him a bit tighter as he spoke. He always thought about her even if he wasn’t showing it. The half-demon kissed him back and pondered a bit. “I don’t regret my decision to stay here or to join you. It’s just a lot quieter than Sularia so it is taking me a little to adjust to this place and not to you.” A chuckle left her lips as her hands cupped his face. “I would be slightly disappointed if you didn’t hunt me down.” She winked and nuzzled him softly now.

His idea gave her a smile as she thought about it. “Probably a good idea if I grow to know this place. I figure that might be the only way that people will accept me around here.” Not that they had a choice but Nymphaea would rather there be no ill will. She was after all the first outsider like Cole had told her. “Hopefully me being an anomaly doesn’t put people off from me. I’m not used to being looked at as different.” Rosenites had tried hard to make sure all were equal despite bloodlines but some fell through the cracks.

Nymphaea changed clothes since her traveling ones were dirty from the long way home and then the unpacking. Her hair was as wild as ever but at least she didn’t have to impress too much. It hard to tame the wild curls she had. Taking his hand she followed him out of the building and out into the village. “So… Where should we start? I don’t know much about this place and you seem to be the one holding all the cards. I think it's your turn to show me around for once.” She was reminded of their time in Arri when she showed him about the city but this place was much smaller. Her fingers tangled with his as she looked about nervously. She didn’t know what to expect while they were out and about. Her nerves were flaring but she held it back the best she could.

Cole

Character Info
At the tightening of her arms about him, Cole returned the notion. They were both young, but Cole had not been sheltered by an affectionate family to surround him. Each and every member of Cole’s direct relatives had become powerful hunters and lost their lives early. Tragedy was a common occurrence for those of his lineage. This was the reason that Uial had been pulled into the clan leader position at such a young age. Cole and Uial’s parents has been killed while on a dangerous mission, and the blood right had moved to their children. Each had proven that they were more powerful than any that had been in the Council. Uial was leading the Jiyu to a golden age. Cole was handling hunts with a proficiency that reduced death statics greatly. No one dared to question the leadership of the young twins, but it still left the young twins without the ability to truly know what it was like to be in a family. Uial had come close with her husband but that had not lasted long. Now, as Cole looked down at Nymph he smiled softly; his expression gentle. He was not going to lose this potential of a true family. The woman within his grasp had a wonderful (and nosy) family that cared deeply. She needed to feel cared for within his village.

His cheek leaned into her hand to feel her warmth against his skin. ”I am glad to hear that you are not upset with your decision. The clan is comprised of a quieter people, though the Residence is away from the rest of the citizens. If we make our way into the village it will be louder…especially the market area.” The demon hunter smiled and turned his face to kiss the palm of her hand before she had a chance to pull away. ”They will accept you with time. No one is to leave the village except for select few. Merchants are not allowed access to us unless it has been designated for generations.” Cole placed a kiss on Nymph’s head before she turned to change into clean clothes.

He stripped his shirt and replaced what he had on with a tight fitting black knit shirt. It was a special fabric that clung to his muscles, but allowed his skin to feel that it could still breathe. White lines traced along from his neck line, shoulder, to the end of his wrist. Cole left his armor on the mannequin since they were safe within the walls of the village. He did not want to think about dealing with fighting that day. His attention would be on a date with his love. Even so, there were his daggers still strapped at his waist.

”We will make our way to the market area. There you can see the people. Our artisans are extremely talented. Shopping is available for many things. You shall enjoy the food as well, I believe.” Cole smiled down at Nymph as he moved to her side to walk out of the room. He fluffed her hair slightly to play with the untamed curls. The pair made their way out of the Head Residence mansion. Standard guards were posted about the Residence. His gaze lifted to the high walls that had the military walking along the top to watch even though there were mountains protecting them. The Jiyu clan took no chances with the demon enemy.

”First, we must make our way through the residence district that belongs to our Council members and the hunters. It is here that our hunters have the ability to live, train, and keep their families away from the rest of the village. These homes are larger since they are the ones that keep our tradition alive and provide for the rest of the people.” As they walked along the roadway, he gave a quick nod to one of the men training his young son in staff work. A bow was given in return from both before they set back to work.

The pair walked over a bridge that spanned over a river that was fed from a large waterfall roaring over the mountain. On the right was the Great Hall that sat above the rest of the village to overlook the artisan district. As Cole had promised, the noise had risen. Before, Nymph had seen the district to meet her cousin to get a healing treatment. This district was the second largest. People mixed with each other with large smiles on their faces. Murmurs began as the sight of Cole and his woman joining them made curiosity roam. The longer their presence was with them, the more they went about their business. ”What would you wish to see?”

Nymph

Character Info
Nymphaea chuckled at her lover and gave him a smile. “If I was upset with my decision you would be the first to hear about it. I’m pretty vocal Cole. I know how to use my voice quite well just ask my family.” She listened to him intently about how the village worked and tilted her head. “So… I’m a real anomaly to them?” Nymph could see that going in the opposite direction of good. She knew that Cole would not let anything happen to her but jealousy was a strong emotion.

It was odd to see but Nymph had put on a dark purple dress with light purple detail. Layered under the skirt was a lace trimmed white skirt that seemed to be made of thinner fabric. The bodice was dark purple while the skirt was dark which faded into the light. Around her waist was a little sash while she had thin straps. “I haven’t had time to unpack anything else so this will have to do for now.” She had realized her mother had packed some of the dresses that had been stuffed into her closet for years.

“She didn’t need to pack everything…” Nymph looked into the mirror. “I really dislike this fancy shit…” Though from the real look in her eyes it more so looked like she enjoyed it sort of. Her topaz rose necklace was secure around her neck though this might have been the first time it was visible since she normally kept it tucked away or off.

The half demon took her lover’s arm and listened to him speak as they made their way out of the building. “I will have to see all of it.” Nymph gave him a smile to show she was interested in learning about his home. This was after all now her home as well.

Once they crossed the bridge she could hear the whispers. There were some that were displeased and others did not know what to make of her. It was to be expected she supposed and she had thick enough skin that it didn’t bother her much at all. She had heard worse working in the field as a half demon. Nymphaea had a long concentrating look on her face as she thought about what she wanted to do. “Hmm… Show me this marketplace of yours. Maybe we can find something shiny!” She gave him a grin before almost yanking him along though she didn’t know what way to go she calmed down so he could show her himself.

“Cole?” She stopped a few minutes into looking at the market. Her brown eyes stared at his for a few moments before she continued. “Are you sure this is what you want? A lot of people seem displeased.” She was speaking of the whispers her ears caught. She realized her position with Cole was very important for the clan. There was no point in not asking the question once more even if she knew what he wanted. "I am a lot of work to be with. Trouble as one might say."

Cole

Character Info
”You are vocal, that is true. What I have found is you do subconsciously spare my ego on occasion.” He smiled in return, his gaze softening. Cole wanted to make sure that he could explain the village the best that he was capable. His view upon the village was to be different than any of the citizens or the rare visitors. Uial and Cole were put through rigorous trials as babes. As they grew it had gotten more so to ensure their strength and capabilities to protect the hidden village.  Faradrim had a life of its own to the point where it could function without the aid of the outside lands. This led to an isolated culture that hesitated to accept change. For Cole to partner from outside of the selected ones was unheard of. He cared nothing for that tradition when it came to his choice with Nymph.

Gray eyes watched as his woman changed into an uncharacteristic clothing selection, though he was not opposed to it. Leaning up against the writing table he waited patiently with a light smirk upon his lips. ”It looks wonderful on your figure,” he complimented while pushing away from his position to join her. ”I enjoy your mother’s notions of outfits for you. She is my favorite after all.” His arms wound about her waist from behind to rest his chin upon her shoulder. ”It looks elegant and still shows your trained muscles.” A quick kiss was placed upon her neck before she moved to take his arm to make their way out of the Head Residence.

”You are welcome to explore as you wish. It is open to you in its entirety. All know that you are my chosen.” Cole smiled down at her as they passed over the bridge that sent them from the purple district to the yellow district. It was there that the conversations had become hushed. The demon hunter knew that Nymph could distinguish the between the whispers. She was a tough woman and would find a way to handle them. Few would dare to say anything to her directly. Only a select few did Cole actually find concern, but they were not within the bounds of Faradrim at the moment. Uial had told Cole that each were put on assignment and would need to be informed later on. Until then, this would be for Nymph to see how she would handle.

It was her reaction that made him smile broadly as his arm was pulled roughly. The half demon reacted the way he expected. Cole’s feet worked to help him stay steady and keep up with the woman’s curiosity. The couple had worked their way into the market a short distance just as he heard his name spoken from her lips. Cole glanced down with a slight furrow of his brow. ’What is it?” His head slightly pulled back in a flinch of surprise. He squared his body with her’s to look at her directly. Now he grabbed the sides of her arms carefully before making sure that their gaze locked. ”Listen to me Nymphaea. I have selected you to be my partner. You have selected me. I care nothing for those that find displeasure. It is your choice, and mine. No one else matters.” He cupped her cheek lightly and his thumb grazed her soft skin. ”Their whispers shall die down. You are a lot of work, but completely worth it, my heart.” There was a chuckle to follow and he kissed her forehead. ”I do not doubt our pairing. You shall prove your strength to them in time. This is our life to lead. I will be no puppet for anyone. You will not either. Now…let us buy you things.”

Nymph

Character Info
Nymph gave a roll of her eyes. “Only on occasion. I wouldn’t get too used to it.” This would be something they would both have to get used to a lot more than they already were. Nymph while characteristically vocal and rude could have a soft and gentle side. It tended to show in the moments where it was needed most. She also had manners though they tended to skip out on people who they were wasted on.

Pulling on the bottom of the skirt on the dress Nymph’s brown eyes looked at it with curiosity. “You think so?” There was a bit of a huff and grump look directed his way but it melted into a smile and she easily snuggled into him. “Of course Mother is your favorite. She is the easiest one to deal with I think.” She chuckled and kissed the tip of his nose before he could kiss her neck.

Hesitant as she was, Nymph walked alongside Cole looking at all that he had to show her. “Knowing and accepting are two very different things.” She whispered. She knew that much from growing up the black sheep of the family. No matter how much her mother loved her and ruled with grace, it never could turn those who thought ill of Nymphaea. “Exploring would be best though. So I can learn all there is to learn. Since you know my lover is some big hotshot here.” She teased with her words as she shook her head with a tad bit of sass.

Soon though it appeared like Nymph was in her comfort zone as she pulled Cole along. Soon though it had been the whispers and the eyes upon her that ate away at her confidence. Before the half-demon had a wall put up that no one could break down. Opening herself up to Cole had put her defenses on overdrive. She wondered how long it would be before she was forced to actually deal with her insecurities. The hunter for all that it was worth knew this much about her or so it appeared.

Brown eyes locked with his own as she nuzzled his face that laid against her face. “A lot of work? Is that what they call it these days?” She chuckled finally. Nymphaea kissed his cheek in response to his forehead kiss. “Oh I have no doubts in my strength Cole… It’s my mouth I fear will get me in trouble.” There was a grin on her face as she chuckled now. “Always when I least expect it I feel myself losing control of my tongue. Never know who will take offense to something I say. Back home, I was protected by my mother and family. Here, it still has to be seen just how much I can get away with being a brat.” She chuckled once more.

There was a breath that seemed to be held by her as she looked around now. She felt more like a scared child more than she ever had before. Her birth had been a contested one. Her life had been one that was fought for. Even now she was fighting to live the way she wanted. “What do you think we should buy for me then?”

She tilted her head towards him letting the breeze catch her rowdy brown curls. “Since you seem to favor my mother’s style much more than my own.” There was a tease in there somewhere. “I do need to replace my tunic though. Last time it got brought out it was against an acid demon… Has holes all over it. I also need to get some daggers and other shiny things that kill things that go bump in the night. Probably new boots too… As much as I like mine, I haven’t gotten new ones since my growth spurt and my toes feel it.” She admitted easily. “I’ve been forgetting about it for months.”

There was a pondering look on her face as she grumbled. "Maybe a few girly things won't hurt either."