Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > A New Village
Xoha

Character Info
Name: Kisses Wounds
Alignment: TG
Race: Anthro Wolf
Class: Druid Healer
Silver: 0
Kisses Wounds was standing on the border of the new village that she was helping these people who once had nothing but the care of a dragon who did not fully understand what he was doing, magic forming in her hands as she shaped it. It was hard to shape, and her body was clearly being strained by the stress of hat she was doing. Around a good portion of the village, was a thick wall of vines and trees, and their origins became clear when the Wolfess released the magic that she was shaping. A wall of plants sprung out of the ground, coiling and intertwining itself with the end of the original wall. It was 15 meters long, and given how much this wore her out, the rest of the wall must have been quite the feat. 

The woman fell to her knees, panting heavily as she tried to compose herself from the exertion, someone from the village noticing and hurrying over. "Are you alright Miss Wounds?" The woman asked, kneeling down next to the druid. 

Kisses nodded, waving her hand dismissively. "I am fine. This is just a difficult task and I do not have unlimited stores of energy," She said, looking at the massive protective wall. "Though I should have this task finished in the next few days. How are the people going with the tasks I gave them? Are they learning?" She asked, standing up and looking over the walls. "Have they been making the firelogs like I showed them?"

"Yes, we are all working on that… But we were wondering about food? We don't seem to be learning about that," The settler said, seeming a little concerned.

"In time, I will teach you everything. Trust that I will help take care of you until you can stand on your own. You have only just gotten here. I will be a post for your all to lean on until you can stand on your own. Just trust me," She said simply, running her claws through her fur. "I will take a small break, and then finish this so that you may all have a semblance of peace…"
Hanaoni

Character Info
Name: Myouga Ryou
Alignment: CG
Race: Hanaoni (oni variant)
Class: Arcanist
Somewhere along the Bohar plains there was a small figure clad in a white smock and hat skipping merrily along. "I was walking through the woods one day, in the story month of Turbeeeedo, I was taken by surprise by a pair of roguish eyes–I was scared but I didn't run away~" The little mage was on the hunt for quatl feathers, a rare and valuable alchemical ingredient which was said to be plentiful around here. The weather was warming up but she didn't mind–she could always make some ice with the snap of her fingers. Travelling was so much easier when you could just look at a map and open a portal to wherever you wanted to go. That was the wonder of magic. And magic was something she had plenty of. So far it had been the usual flat plains and sea of grass when she came upon a settlement she hadn't seen before. Squinting her eyes, she shaded them with her hand as she looked closer. Was it another of the Boharan nomads' camps? The thick outer wall disproved that hypothesis, and she was sure that this was a newly formed structure. Maybe there were some settlers here?

Jogging closer she saw the walls were literally plants. These definitely were man-made, as plants didn't just happen to grow in places to make walls. And trees didn't normally grow so close to each other by themselves. They liked to spread out, see the world. Also they did it so their progeny wouldn't end up competing with them for resources. There sure were a lot of people moving about the place, just like ants. She liked ants. They made a nice colored powder when dried and tasted a little tart and crunchy. They were a great low-calorie snack instead of toasted pieces of bread and tasted best with a pinch of salt and spices. No wonder anteaters loved them, and here they had been keeping that tasty secret to themselves. 

Myouga strolled into the camp with her arms behind her head, looking at the people going about their business. She saw the Laeto rainforest in the distance, which gave her a general estimate on where this place was on the map. Right away she decided to make a mental note and way-point this location for future reference. Then she could open a portal to travel here whenever she wished. Pulling aside one of the people, she asked the woman with a cheery smile. "Hello! I'm new here! Can you tell me what's the name of this place? I've never seen this town on the edge of the rainforest before." Maybe somebody could tell her what was going on here, and better yet–if there was anything interesting she could investigate. Depending on the answer she received, she would consider putting this place on her list of locations to visit whenever she felt bored during her vacation period. 

Xoha

Character Info
The person who was pulled to the side, looking at the short Oni, blinking at the sudden intrusion. The rest of the village was staring, distracted from the fire logs. The girl who was pulled looked amongst the other, then pointed at the Wolfess Druid by the wall, talking with another villager. "She is the one you want to speak to. None of us know what it is we are doing here. We left our home in the chest of a great dragon she controlled, and it left us here. She has since been showing us how to survive on our own. IF anyone has answers to your questions, it will be her…" The woman explained.

Looking at all the people, Myouga could tell that they were all haggard. Dirty, worn clothes that hadn't looked maintained for years, they had practically nothing, looked as if they lived underground their entire lives with how pale they were, and here they sat, cutting slits into logs and packing them with tree resin. Such a strange sight. 
Hanaoni

Character Info
"Oh, ok. So she's in charge then? Thanks a bunch!" She did a little salute to the villagers and skittered over to what she initially thought was a lycanthorpe. When she was within a few meters she shouted towards Kisses Wounds as loud as her voice could carry. "HELLOOO THERE!!! Excuse me, the people over there said to ask you if I had any questions! Since it looks like everybody's busy, could tell me the name of this place?" Myouga had several questions bubbling beneath the surface. Who were these people? Where did they come from? Why were they here? What was that about a dragon, and where could she find it? Why were all the people barely clothed? And why was everybody making the same things instead of taking on different jobs?

There were even more questions on who the wolf-woman was and what they were planning to do here, but the arcanist knew to take things one step at a time. Holding onto her hat as she came abruptly to a stop, she looked up at the being who she deemed as the village leader with a goofy grin stretched from ear to ear. She looked essentially like a human child, as her horns were hidden underneath her bangs being small and underdeveloped as they were. Her incisors and molars were a tad more pointed than the typical human. This certainly was a strange place–a group of humans led by a wolf. The wolf herself was dressed as the others were, so it seemed it was something everyone wore. "Are you a druid? I'd know a druid when I see one. There's no mistaking it from the placement of those trees and vines."   

Xoha

Character Info
Kisses Wounds turned when she heard the voice shouting, ears twitching. There was a… Woman… Wearing what looked to be Wizard clothing. At least scholarly in some way. She had questions to ask. Seemed reasonable enough.

"Yes, I am Kisses Wounds. I would not call myself the leader of this group, but I am helping to teach them how to make a life for themselves," She explained, taking her staff and turning fully to face the woman. "As for what I am, yes, most would likely call me a druid, so you must be correct in saying you know a druid when you see one. I created this wall, so you are correct there as well."

"Oh! Looks like I was right! Hm, but it looks like you guys haven't been here for very long. What do you plan to name the place? Sooner or later people'll notice your work here and they'll be itching to put down a marker." Myouga meant herself in particular as she was the one who wanted to know. In order for her to make a waypoint she needed a landmark, a name, and general location before she could make a magical gateway. Just as you couldn't go anywhere without knowledge of the cardinal directions, these were vital components in conducting spatial and dimensional magic.

Kisses looked at the beginning of the settlement, then shrugged. "I do not know. I would not say anything fancy… SiluelveKel Village, I suppose," She suggested, as if it seemed like an obvious suggestion. "It will be some time before it is up, but I hope to have the foundation of it built for these people soon," She added, looking at the wall. "Like finishing this wall, which is taking more energy than I expected it too."
Hanaoni

Character Info
The little mage scratched her chin pondering the name choice for a bit. "Huuuuh. Well maybe for starters you should have the name be within three syllables or less? Rolls off the tongue better and makes it way easier to remember. Just a suggestion! So do you want some help? I don't have anything else to do today, and I was going to dillydally anyways. Oh but I can't carry stuff–can't do any heavy lifting." The way the druid was building the wall was…very expensive in terms of magic. Unfortunately she was very good at blasting holes or pelting things with spells, not construction. Physical labor wasn't exactly her thing.Kisses blinked. "It… It means Rainforest Village…" She said, seeming to deflate a little, looking at the wall she was making. "I did not think it was that bad…"The arcanist looked surprised, holding up her hands as if she was taken aback by the druid's words. "Oh, that's not what I meant at all! It was just a suggestion. I mean, most of the names of the places on the continents are pretty easy to pronounce and recall, and if you're thinking of putting your place on the maps it'd help a little.""Being on a map is not a concern of mine. Merely existing is what this village is for. They will learn to live off the land in a way that works with it, not destroys it. They will be a part of the synergy of this world, and not take from it without returning what they can." Kisses explained."Oh ok." Myouga didn't have anything to argue against that. "Silu-Sileulu—Siluelvekel….Siluevia Village it is then." She was very satisfied with her naming capability, having made a shorthand version for her waypoint. It was like putting a pin on a place on a map. Once it was there, she could always use it whenever wanted."If that is what you wish to call it, then I suppose that is fine," Kisses sighed, deciding it was better to just roll with it than to try and argue the name. That's what she apparently got for using forest speak to name the village.

Surveying the current building progress she tapped her finger on her chin. "Hmm~ Just a question, but why not just raise the ground and have brambles cover the earth as walls? Having a living barrier is neat and all, but it's gonna take a lotta energy and time to grow trees from seedlings magically. It'd be faster, and you'd have the work done sooner." It was too bad Ms. Ellebore wasn't with her. Making plants grow or communicating with them wasn't really her thing. Personally, there was nothing more satisfying than the flash and bang of a perfectly timed explosion. But that probably wouldn't get her on the druid's good side, so she had to hold back the fireworks.