Roleplay Forums > Canelux > Corval Basin > Plains of Bohar > Restoration [Open for 1 or 2 more]
Moliira

Character Info
Name: Moliira
Alignment: CN
Race: Drow/Lycan
Class: Huntress
Silver: 1905
When the orcs of Tenebrim had rampaged through the Plains, Moliira had fought hard against them.  And eventually, they had been routed.  But the damage to nature was difficult to restore, and she wanted to ensure that it was done right.  Somehow, the energy-lines had been tapped, and drained.  The elements themselves had been driven from the area, and Moliira knew that it was her duty to at least restore what she could. 

There was a circle of stones in a burned out copse of trees, and that was where the drow headed.  The stones had been dug from their resting places from centuries past, and restoring them was essential.  They had helped to purify the water far below, and it was that water that the Bohari relied on.  But it also flowed towards Adeluna, and their water would eventually become poisoned as well.  Crouching low to the ground, she dragged bare fingers through the soil.  It wasn't too late at least.  Clad only in trousers and a ranger's vest and undershirt, she inhaled deeply.  She could feel the earth under her toes and smell the potential of rain.  Perfect.

Raising her hands over the first of the rune carved stones and feeling for where it should be standing, Moliira hummed a tune.  It was an ancient Elvish song, one well suited to the task at hand.  And it was one that most of her kin would never allow to leave their throat.  But the elves of Endapano would closer to nature, and soon the area had a faint blue-green mist hovering low over the ground.  It would rain here soon, though not for a few hours.  Long enough for Moliira to finish her work.

The first of the stones straightened and back in place, she moved to the second fallen stone. 

Valnar

Character Info
Name: Valnar Deett
Alignment: CG
Race: Drow
Class: Aspiring Ranger/Adventurer
Silver: 0
Valnar walked quietly among the tall grass of the Plains, ever since he had joined Rose in her quest he had seen more and more of Canelux than just his simple, small town where he'd grown up. Every new mountain range, every new hilltop and every new bend in the road held so many mysteries, often times also danger but he loved every minute of it. There was nothing better than being out among the woods and mountains, Valnar felt comfortable from the highest frozen peaks to the lowest scorching deserts and everywhere in between.

Valnar chuckled to himself as he walked, "I find a new favorite place just about everyday, I'm glad Rose gave me this chance to explore a little bit. Even if I do return with stories she's probably grown tired of hearing since dragging me along with her." Valnar's excitement culminated in an impromptu dance through the long grass blowing idly in the cool breeze. As the day wore on Valnar continued his exploration of the Plains though as he explored his excitement and joy had been stunted by the evidence of a great host of orcs had recently been through the area albeit the signs were old. Valnar felt guilty he'd been away from Rose this long already but his inner ranger urged him to scout the area and make certain that either he or anyone else was in any immediate danger. Thunder softly purred in the distance as the wind picked up, with the approach of the storm, nearly bending the grass to below Valnar's waist. Valnar now earnestly kept his eyes on the trail of his quarry and off the beauty of the countryside.

Valnar traveled quite a ways before coming upon a copse of trees that held what he assumed had been either a stone house or a stone structure of some sort. A woman was kneeling next to one of the stones apparently in mourning, Valnar thought maybe this had been her home or a cairn of stones marking a loved ones final resting place. As the woman stood though Valnar recognized the dark skin immediately, the woman was Drow! Enraptured by the grace of the Drow woman and actually meeting someone of his own kind Valnar stood quietly for a moment as the woman hummed and moved to a stone and place her hand on it as the blue-green mist, which Valnar didn't take notice of at first, began hovering low to the ground he stepped forward, "Hello ma'am, my name's Valnar," his hand went to his chest in greeting, "would you happen to need any help? I noticed that orcs have been through the area, is it safe to be out?" Valnar glanced around the copse almost expecting orcs to be lying in wait for ambush.

OOC: Poe

Alignment is subject to change
Valnar can be a little bit of a ditz early on, this also will change as time goes on.
FRIDAY-SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY DURING THE WEEK I'M GOING TO MAKE MY POSTING DAYS. I DO HAVE YOUNG'UNS SO BARE WITH ME :D
Moliira

Character Info
She was of course aware of the other drow as soon as he stepped into her hearing range, but she gave no sign.  Once the first stone was righted, Moliira turned in time to see his greeting.  She returned it in kind, though her head was tilted to one side.  He sounded as if he had never spoken the Drow tongue before  There was a gentle curiosity in her voice when she spoke.  "And mine is Moliira.  It is safe now, the orcs have retreated to their mountain.  And now I work to undo their damage," she explained, her own voice accented by half a lifetime spent in the Umbral Depths.

"Tell me, you speak as if you've been among the humans of… Adeluna, I believe?  Your accent, it speaks of one not raised in the Umbral Depths," she asked.  There was no malice in Moliira's tone, no contempt that might be normally found in the drow people.  She was only curious, wondering about this one's history.  The second stone moved with her hands, and she guided it towards its place in the circle.

And then she caught sight of something unexpected.  Her voice took on a sharp note, the curiosity replaced by urgency.  "That stone around your neck, where did you get it from?  It is… rare.  Very rare," she said.  Moliira was hesitant to say just how rare, and she wanted the answer first before she divulged more information to this strange drow.

Valnar

Character Info
Name: Valnar Deett
Alignment: CG
Race: Drow
Class: Aspiring Ranger/Adventurer
Silver: 0
Valnar relaxed visibly at the knowledge the orcs were gone from the area, he was after all still only just beginning down the path that would make him a ranger. He was fascinated by what Moliira was doing, moving large stones with only her hand, he didn't understand exactly what she was doing but it was amazing. The entire feeling of the copse was changing as Moliira corrected the damage the orcs had wrought, albeit in a barely perceptible, spiritual kind of feeling.

Valnar, clearly distracted by the floating stones, said "Ahhh yes, yes I was raised by a young couple that lived in a small farming village a few miles from Adeluna itself. I have never seen another Drow until now," Valnar focused back on Moliira, "which I am glad for the opportunity for I have many questions." Valnar's heritage had always been something he'd been ashamed of growing up because of the scorn and hatred of the village, now he had someone he could ask his most burning questions about his people.

Valnar glanced down at the pendant about his neck as Moliira sharply asked about it, "Oh this, my parents only just gave it to me when I left home a few years ago. They claim it was found with me as a babe on their doorstep, I don't know what it is or what it means. I assume it was left with me by the people who abandoned me to the home where I was found so I've worn it ever since hoping someone recognizes it." Valnar had caught the sharpness of the question and it had given him hope, he stepped forward urgently, eagerness burning in his eyes, "Please Moliira, if you know anything of this stone I would like to know. It's the only thing I have connecting me to my past and I would like to know that past if I could."

OOC: Poe

Alignment is subject to change
Valnar can be a little bit of a ditz early on, this also will change as time goes on.
FRIDAY-SUNDAY AND WEDNESDAY DURING THE WEEK I'M GOING TO MAKE MY POSTING DAYS. I DO HAVE YOUNG'UNS SO BARE WITH ME :D
Moliira

Character Info
The story he told was a strange one to her, most would have killed a drow child where they found it.  The people who raised him sounded remarkable in their own right.  "Interesting…  I think most humans would have killed you as a babe.  Yours are special.  And you can ask, though I cannot promise you will like the answers," she cautioned.  There were many unpleasant things about drow society, especially if one was a male.  She had changed things within her own realm, but the drow there were a minority.  And for him to have a piece of stone from her realm… that implied something very interesting to Moliira.

It was the question in his eyes that told her what to do.  But the revelations could wait, at least a bit longer. "I've heard of a place where that is likely to be from.  It is the realm of a guardian of these lands, one of the gods.  They watch the balance between law and chaos, between man and nature, and ensure the lands stay fertile," Moliira said, slow at first.  She wondered if this young one knew much of the gods, and of their duties.  If he had been sheltered by his human parents, it was a coin toss if he knew of the goddess of the wilds and storms.  Which just so happened to be her.

"This comes from a place called Maral'hal.  The one who rules there is called the Storm Wolf by some, and the Huntress by other.  She does what I am doing here, restoring the balance of nature.  There is a spring beneath these stones, and it carries water all through the southern half of Canelux.  That is why I right the stones back into their place," Moliira said.  She danced around the question of how she knew what she did.  But he asked… perhaps he would learn more than he ever thought in one day.